PDA

View Full Version : Doctor who [possible spoilers]

Soniku
2006-07-01, 02:47 PM
Yep, its me again. Im not sure if the old thread still exists (I couldn't see it) but hey, wow. That was cool.

Funny thing was about half way through the episode I said "Wouldn't it be cool if it was the cybermen vs the daleks?"

;D

waspsmakejam
2006-07-01, 04:40 PM
It were MINT!

I'm too overexcited to think through how to post why it was mint without spoiling it for the poor Americans.

Ulicus
2006-07-02, 12:20 AM
Edited to post my post on white (so I get better spoiler cover up - beige on beige ain't so good.)

Ulicus
2006-07-02, 12:21 AM
After two thoroughly boring and disappointing episodes, it has redeemed itself in my eyes once again.

Spoiler:
I too brought up Darleks before they came on screen. I turned to my brother and said:

"Cybermen are cool, but Darleks are better. How long before they reintroduce them ya'reckon?"

"Dunno. Three years maybe?"

"Yeah, you're probably right."

Needless to say, we were very, VERY wrong. And happy about it.

Oh and let me take this moment to say that I am SO happy that Rose is being killed off. I hate her so damn much. She's written to be so frickin' stupid. I don't know what the Doctor sees in her... Billie Piper = yawn.

Now Mickey, Mickey has been turned around from the start of the series. Stick him in with the doctor. He rules.

Soniku
2006-07-02, 05:07 AM
So also, this adds the question:

Whos the next companion going to be? Im betting on either Mickey or someone totally new, although I have heard it could be that guy from love and monsters... I hope not.

Im so glad Im in the UK so I can see them earlier ;D

Archonic Energy
2006-07-02, 07:39 AM
i was discussing the... item with my friends and speculated as to it's origins then... i was proved correct... that was cool

what colour do you use to do spoilers on non white backgrounds?

Ebon_Drake
2006-07-02, 09:53 AM
So also, this adds the question:

Who's the next companion going to be? I'm betting on either Mickey or someone totally new, although I have heard it could be that guy from love and monsters... I hope not.

Im so glad Im in the UK so I can see them earlier ;D
According to rumours: They're already auditioning for a new female companion. The current favourite is supposedly the girl who played Zoe Slater in Eastenders. IMO she's fugly and can't act, so she's a perfect replacement :P.

After watching the episode and Doctor Who confidential: I can't believe they've never done Cybermen vs Daleks before. It seems so obvious, like Aliens vs Predator, or Robocop vs Terminator. Hopefully next week will be an awesome showdown. Also, reintroducing a Dalek Supreme was very cool.

The Torchwood series sounds a bit crap, though. I'll have to wait and see how it turns out, but my expectations aren't high.

Closet_Skeleton
2006-07-02, 11:53 AM
I think they have done Cybermen AND Daleks, but not Cybermen v.s. Daleks. The new Cybermen are cool and all but they look too much like Ultron from Marvel comics.

Gary_Howard
2006-07-03, 02:26 PM
I don't have a problem with Rose, but Mickey irritates the crap out of me and always has.

Then again, remember the part where he just holds on to Rose's legs and clings like that without doing anything useful?

I dated a guy just like that.

Jibar
2006-07-03, 02:29 PM
I'm so sorry for you.
And I bet the next assitant will be female. They always are. I also bet Tennant is going to stay on for 3 more series before they even consider getting rid of him.

Ulicus
2006-07-03, 06:40 PM
I wish the Doctor could use the sonic screwdriver as a makeshift lightsaber. Then it would be the best show on TV.

I'd quite like to see him utilise the "time powers" he displayed in the second (third?) episode of the first series as well. That'd be nice.

Soniku
2006-07-04, 10:24 AM
A lightsaber? Nah, that would ruin it all for me :P

One of the things I love about it is that the main characters are pretty defenceless and only have their brains and a couple of useful items to work with, but usually no weapons :D

Were-Sandwich
2006-07-04, 10:26 AM
This episode was great. I knew the Daleks would be back......

ROSE IS GONNA DIE!!!!!!!

W00T!!!! :D

Closet_Skeleton
2006-07-04, 11:22 AM
and there goes any hope of keeping the spoilers invivible.

Hey, the guy who quoted spoilers (quotes having a differant background colour all together) broke that already.

canyouseeme

Were-Sandwich
2006-07-04, 12:45 PM
@ Archonic Energy: Fine, I edited it. But the thread title does say [spoilers].

waspsmakejam
2006-07-04, 02:33 PM
I'd quite like to see him utilise the "time powers" he displayed in the second (third?) episode of the first series as well. That'd be nice.

There's no guarantee that the tenth doctor can do this.

Different regenerations of the doctor have different ablities. The third, for instance, was a master of Venusian aikido despite being deficient in arms. The eighth could pick up temporal vibrations that gave him clues about people's futures. The first doctor had empathic and could communicate telepathically with telepaths.

We do know that the tenth doctor can do one thing that we didn't see any of the others do /spoiler
that thingy like a mindmeld spoiler/.

I agree it was a very cool ability but on balance I'd rather it stayed unique to the ninth.

waspsmakejam
2006-07-04, 02:38 PM
Oh, and thinking about it although the Doctor doesn't generally go in for weapons, the first Doctor was armed a lot of the time. Although he did complain of a bad back, he didn't actually need the cane, and he did fight with it on occassion.

And of course the third doctor didn't mind showing off those Venusian aikido skills ...

orcmonk89
2006-07-04, 03:38 PM
I don't actually think Rose IS going top die. I was discussing this with my family, and, while they think she will, I reckon it's an emotional death. She's been left behind without the Doctor any more, and also she may have lost Mickey. I don't think she's dead. How could she tell the story?

Closet_Skeleton
2006-07-04, 06:29 PM
I can see Orcmonks point, there was way too much forshadowing at the begining of the last episode so the plot twist can only be that she lives.

The third doctor, and Venusian Aikido? I can't have seen every serial but I can't remember him doing that. The second was Patrick Troughton, the 3rd was John Pert- something?

Ulicus
2006-07-05, 07:53 AM
Stuff:

Everyone seen the stuff about the new companion in the news? It's the black girl (I say girl, she's 27), who played the woman who didn't want to risk her job for a *ahem* "snog" (hate that word) and got killed in the last episode... The companion, whilst being played by her, will be a different character.

I've got nothing against the casting (she's hot) but I hope they actually explain why two different characters look identical. Shouldn't be too hard, given the current parallel universe stuff going on...

Anyway, just thought I'd bring it up.

waspsmakejam
2006-07-05, 03:01 PM
[color=Beige]
The third doctor, and Venusian Aikido? I can't have seen every serial but I can't remember him doing that. The second was Patrick Troughton, the 3rd was John Pert- something?

The third Doctor was placed by Jon Pertwee.

He was an action hero type and he used Venusian aikido la great deal. Although sometimes I think he called it Venusian karate.

Quite a bit of his fisticuffs was Venusian aikido. Plus he did this making people unconcious by pinching/grabbing their shoulder thing. And there was a having a strong mind bit of too.

Although he did a lot of it, its nowhere near as impressive at what the Ninth did just the once. In the Third's defence though, the Venusians have six arms and the third Doctor had only the two. Probalby whatever was supposed to be happending with the other four would have made him look like a Venusian Bruce Lee.

waspsmakejam
2006-07-05, 03:14 PM
[quote author=Ulicus link=board=banter;num=1151779642;start=15#19 date=07/05/06 at 07:53:10]

Stuff:

That stuff you're worrying about has happened a few times before. It mostly wasn't explained, and when it wasn't no it didn't matter.

The details are boring, and not really proof unless you've seen the stuff happening, and in any case I cna't face doing the spoiler thing right now (long day, mostly in London, yuck) but if anyone really wants the details just say & I'll do it tomorrow when I'm more mentally equipped to get spoiler tags right.

Or perhaps some other kind soul will step in.

Vaynor
2006-07-05, 04:56 PM
People! For spoiler text on a beige background, use the color tag {color=F0E7D3}Text{/color} with the {'s changed to ['s.

Gary_Howard
2006-07-06, 02:32 AM
I'm so sorry for you.
I also bet Tennant is going to stay on for 3 more series before they even consider getting rid of him.

I hope so! I think he's my favorite Doctor so far! I also think the glasses are awfully attractive.

Closet_Skeleton
2006-07-06, 07:46 AM
Once again quoting spoilers ruins it all... >:(

orcmonk89
2006-07-06, 03:08 PM
For all those interested, the new companion has been announced! Get the full story at: http://www0.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/news/cult/news/drwho/2006/07/05/33449.shtml

Please Note: I couldn't find a way to change the colour of the hyperlink.

Gary_Howard
2006-07-06, 03:25 PM
Once again quoting spoilers ruins it all... >:(

It's a spoilers thread!

Edit: Anyway, the part of what I quoted wasn't a spoiler, it was a prediction, and those are only spoilers on this forum if they're OOTS, and that's only by Giant Special Request. So unless you're Terry Nation, you should be safe.

Jibar
2006-07-07, 01:24 AM
I only put it in white in case anyone from the BBC was around and got him killed off next series out of spite.

Flak_Razorwill
2006-07-07, 02:38 AM
It were MINT!

I'm too overexcited to think through how to post why it was mint without spoiling it for the poor Americans.

One word:

Torrent.

DarkCorax
2006-07-08, 02:49 PM
Wow... 2 things to say....

1) that is one way to "kill" someone of....

2) LOL!!! ;D Love the ending!!!!What!! :D ;)

RedMage
2006-07-08, 02:52 PM
Best ending ever. First time a program has made me cry

Soniku
2006-07-08, 02:53 PM
I was really hopeing he would say

I guess this is the only chance I will get to say this... Rose... That shirt really does NOT work for you!

But... still good

And yes, the ending. Ten outta ten

Ulicus
2006-07-08, 02:55 PM
THAT - FRIGGIN - RULED!

All the Darlek and Cyberman interaction, especially the first one = quality s*it.

Best ending ever. First time a program has made me cry

Man, I'm a girl (metaphor!)- there were two moments in Buffy season 2 that got me blubbering like a child.

DarkCorax
2006-07-08, 03:29 PM
THAT - FRIGGIN - RULED!

All the Darlek and Cyberman interaction, especially the first one = quality s*it.

Yeah, The Darlek - Cybermen rocked...

orcmonk89
2006-07-08, 03:32 PM
I still fear the Cybermen more. Daleks don't really think as one, and Daleks cannot turn you into a Dalek. Cybermen can turn you into a Cyberman

That was a great episode. I was close to tears. I KNEW it though! ;D

orcmonk89
2006-07-08, 03:34 PM
oh, and that ending with the certain celebrity... H-I-Lari-O-U-S. Will the Americans recognise her though?

RedMage
2006-07-08, 03:36 PM
Nope

Closet_Skeleton
2006-07-08, 03:52 PM
Daleks can turn you into a Dalek, they just aren't very good at it and prefer not to. It was okay, my dad wishes it had been more episodes like the old Doctor Who serials.

Soniku
2006-07-08, 04:39 PM
I loved the bits where the daleks and cybermen talked

"Identify yourself!"

"You Identify yourself first!"

and so on.

If only I could hear the whole thing without the doctor and all talking over the top...

Plus, hearing this about upgradeing by mergeing...

What would a cyber-dalek look like? ;D

orcmonk89
2006-07-08, 04:51 PM
What would a cyber-dalek look like? ;D

Think Davros, and replace the none-dalek part with a cyberman torso and head.

Bingo.

Ulicus
2006-07-08, 05:05 PM
I loved the bits where the daleks and cybermen talked

"Identify yourself!"

"You Identify yourself first!"

and so on.

Haha, yes.

Spoilers to follow:

Darlek: "Darleks do NOT identify themselves!"
Cyberman: "You have identified yourself as 'Darlek'"

Cyberman: "Cybermen and Darlek... together! We could conquer! We could rule!"(or whatever)
Darlek: "So you are proposing an alliance?"
Cyberman: "Yes."
Darlek: "PROPOSAL REJECTED! YOU SHALL BE EX-TERRR-MINATED!"

The Darleks said some quality stuff in this episode, actual piss my pants hilarious.

Cyber-Leader: "You have declared war on the cybermen!"
Darlek: "This is not war. This is pest control."

Cyberman "We have five million Cybermen. How many of you are there?"
Darlek: "Four."
Cybermen:"Four darleks against five million Cybermen?"
Darlek: "ONE DARLEK COULD EXTERMINATE FIVE MILLION CYBERMEN!"

Darlek: "You are superior to us in only one way. IN BEING EX-TERRRRR-MINATED!"

Darlek: "Stop socially interacting!"

And I loved the career minded Cyberman:

Cyberman: "The Cyber-leader has been destroyed. I will upgrade myself to Cyber-leader".

*sigh* I loved it. It was like "robotic dialog day". Well good.

They even managed to make me feel sad for Rose.

Soniku
2006-07-08, 06:29 PM
Darlek: "Stop socially interacting!"

Actually, it wasn't said like that.... Usually I wouldn't nitpick, but it's so much funnyer when they say it like daleks =p

Social interaction will cease!

Ulicus
2006-07-08, 07:43 PM
Actually, it wasn't said like that.... Usually I wouldn't nitpick, but it's so much funnyer when they say it like daleks =p

Ha! You're right (of course), it is funnier. Sorry. I'm sure a lot of what I said was a little wrong, I could only remember the gist.

Whatever. It ruled at the time.

Jibar
2006-07-09, 03:11 AM
Oh god that was BRILLIANT!
Though, after a while, I couldn't help but imagine Stephen Hawking arguing with a toaster...damn you Mickey!

Dispozition
2006-07-09, 03:45 AM
Gargh...Are you all talking about the 2nd episode of the new series? I only on the first one.

The one with... [Possible Spoiler]The christams tree and the whole invasion thing[/Possible Spoiler]

Soniku
2006-07-09, 04:12 AM
No, no, we are talking about the last episode of that series :P

Dispozition
2006-07-09, 04:22 AM
Oh geez :o

I am behind then. Durned Australia for having behind the times TV shows. Oh well. Dosn't matter.

Were-Sandwich
2006-07-09, 06:31 AM
That was awesome. Just awesome. The dialog between the Cybermen and the Daleks was just brilliantly written, but I'm dissapointed with rose not actually dying.

Closet_Skeleton
2006-07-09, 10:23 AM
I noticed something in that episode no one in my family noticed and I'm not sure if anyone has aleady posted about yet. When all the Daleks are being sucked into the void, I'm sure I saw the Cult of Scaro Darlek Supreme (the black one) fade away as though it teleported rather than be sucked away.

DarkCorax
2006-07-09, 10:29 AM
I noticed something in that episode no one in my family noticed and I'm not sure if anyone has aleady posted about yet. [Spoiler Removed]
they need a way to bring back the darleks again....

Edit: colour Change

Archonic Energy
2006-07-09, 10:40 AM
I noticed something in that episode no one in my family noticed and I'm not sure if anyone has aleady posted about yet.

before he dissapeared he said "emergency temporal shift" so the real question is when did he jump to....

Edit: bloody american spelling of colour...

Soniku
2006-07-09, 11:05 AM
Uh, isn't it obvious?

If all daleks were destroyed, it would take one heck of a plot hole to bring em back for next series!

;)

Ulicus
2006-07-09, 12:53 PM
Uh, isn't it obvious?
(SPOILER REMOVED)

;)

He asked "When", not "Why". :P

Archonic Energy
2006-07-09, 04:39 PM
He asked "When", not "Why". :P

yes. yes i did

mental image of the "enemy" in a cowboy hat... "Yee Haa"

Gary_Howard
2006-07-09, 08:44 PM
oh, and that ending with the certain celebrity... H-I-Lari-O-U-S. Will the Americans recognise her though?

Only that she was in Miss Marple...

Maybe it should've been Eddie Izzard. :p

Edit: Anyone see the Doctor Who Confidential afterwards? God, someone find me a man with David Tennant's accent and sense of humor, and I would die a happy girl. *lovesick sigh*

Edit edit: (Ok, the color/colour thing was mentioned earlier in this thread and.. well, I'm American, but I've always really WANTED to use British spellings. But if I did, it would be seen as incredibly pretentious. What's a girl to do?)

Archonic Energy
2006-07-09, 09:48 PM
Edit edit: (Ok, the color/colour thing was mentioned earlier in this thread and.. well, I'm American, but I've always really WANTED to use British spellings. But if I did, it would be seen as incredibly pretentious. What's a girl to do?)

pretentious? vous? ;D

Gary_Howard
2006-07-09, 11:44 PM
pretentious? vous? ;D

-_-;;;; ça ce trouve que je parle français assez courement mais ça ne veux pas forcement dire que...

(Translation: it's a fair cop.)

*hangs head in over-educated, anglophile, literary shame* ;D

Archonic Energy
2006-07-09, 11:47 PM
-_-;;;; ça ce trouve que je parle français assez courement mais ça ne veux pas forcement dire que...

(Translation: it's a fair cop.)

*hangs head in over-educated, anglophile, literary shame* ;D

LOL. my french did an OK job at translating that till i read your translation and laughed.

french at 04:30 is just wrong...
as is work.

Charity
2006-07-10, 06:34 AM
Looks like you need a wakey wakey pudding

http://sifyimg.speedera.net/sify.com/cmsimages/Sify%20Food/Coffee-Jelly_M.jpg
and 'Gary' (feels odd a gal called Gary) please feel free to use the correct spellings, we will luv you for it.
not like that darn St J and his U hating cronies.

Coffee-Jelly^V

Archonic Energy
2006-07-10, 09:24 AM
thanks... does it have caffene cafeene a stimulant in it

i think i need a cuppa.

Were-Sandwich
2006-07-10, 11:18 AM
Why is it nescasarry for him to always destroy all the daleks. Now the Daleks have 'L337 sheeldz' you can't defeat them the old fashioned way by shooting them, you have to find some WMD to blow them up with. And thats the problem. If you could shoot the Daleks it wouldn't be nescassary to kill them all off every time.

Also, which do you think is most likely to destroy Daleks:

1) A tactical nuke
2) An EMP
3) A blue rinse (from Artemis Fowl)

DEMONhunter
2006-07-10, 11:22 AM
An EMP. A blue rinse only affects living matter, and the daleks heat shield would probably protect the green thing inside from 1 and 3.
A EMP might disrupt it's shield. Maybe.

Jibar
2006-07-10, 01:09 PM
Wait a second, wait a second...
Emergency temporal shift!?
I thought the Doctor said time travel was the one thing Daleks couldn't do!

Xavier
2006-07-10, 01:26 PM
Why is it nescasarry for him to always destroy all the daleks. Now the Daleks have 'L337 sheeldz' you can't defeat them the old fashioned way by shooting them, you have to find some WMD to blow them up with. And thats the problem. If you could shoot the Daleks it wouldn't be nescassary to kill them all off every time.

Don't panic, its only the third time (or is it fourth if you count the time wars) that the new era Docotor been party to destroying the last of the Daleks. You get the feeling that they'll be ...

Archonic Energy
2006-07-10, 02:18 PM
Wait a second, wait a second...
*REMOVED*

they can however learn...

Don't panic, its only the third time (or is it fourth if you count the time wars) that the new era Docotor been party to destroying the last of the Daleks.
Emphisis mine

Time. War. might be difficult if one race can't control time...

Ebon_Drake
2006-07-11, 06:21 AM
Also, the Cult of Skaro are supposed to be the Dalek R&D department and evidently had access to Time Lord technology, so if any Daleks are capable of time travel it would be them.

Closet_Skeleton
2006-07-11, 09:16 AM
An EMP. A blue rinse only affects living matter, and the daleks heat shield would probably protect the green thing inside from 1 and 3.
A EMP might disrupt it's shield. Maybe.

EMP resistance is really easy to do once you've worked out how. Almost no current military computers will be damaged by an EMP. The only thing an EMP will take out are civillian equipment that the designers didn't expect to need EMP resistance.

The Doctor said "touching" was the only thing Daleks couldn't do. Daleks have had Time Travel for a while. At one point even the Cybermen got hold of a Time Travel ship the Doctor then took from them and disposed of.

senior_stabby
2006-07-11, 09:57 AM
i hope jack in in the next season

DarkCorax
2006-07-11, 03:49 PM
i hope jack in in the next season

You know... Ever since he was left behind, I've expected him to come back as a bad guy...

Edit: colour change (again...)
Edit2: Gah! anyone know the colour for this background?
Edit3: Thanks \/

Archonic Energy
2006-07-11, 03:52 PM
isn't he supposed to be in the spin off series Torchwood?

Edit: @^ you're welcome, but thank Charity for telling me.

Edit2: will since the spoiler tags are going...

waspsmakejam
2006-07-11, 06:58 PM
Senior Stabby:

We've been told Captain Jack will be back in Series 3, but we don't know if as a goodie or a baddie. Possibly a baddie, as before then he'll be back in Torchwood. AND in at least one scene in Torchwood he'll be wearing his RAF coat. Yay!

Were-Sandwich

Excellent question about the nuke/emp/blue rinse thing. I'd say the most likely to work would be the blue rinse IF it can get through the casing. Aim for the eyestalk, maybe?

The Doctor has been (not really) defeating the Daleks, or completley changing their history, on our screens since 1963. They always come back, because they are cool and children of all ages love them. Not because it makes any sense.

Gary_Howard
2006-07-12, 12:52 AM
Looks like you need a wakey wakey pudding

http://sifyimg.speedera.net/sify.com/cmsimages/Sify%20Food/Coffee-Jelly_M.jpg
and 'Gary' (feels odd a gal called Gary) please feel free to use the correct spellings, we will luv you for it.
not like that darn St J and his U hating cronies.

Coffee-Jelly^V

(Oh, Gary Howard's my favourite DnD character.. he's a bard... Might change the name now that I set it to display gender as female, though.)

Fantastic! I have "authorisation" authorisation (formerly "'authorisation' authorization") now!

If anyone asks, I'll just tell them not to worry.. I've got the credentials.

Where are you all getting this information about who's appearing in episodes later? I don't doubt you, but I'd love to look through them too, if anyone has a link!

Charity
2006-07-12, 08:42 AM
not like that darn St J and his U hating cronies

(Oh, Gary Howard's my favourite DnD character.. he's a bard... Might change the name now that I set it to display gender as female, though.)

/\/\/\/Dolt Bolt\/\/\/

Hang on I have just recognised the true Ironic stupidity of my statement. :-[
Who the hell am I to talk I'm a bloke named Charity for crying out loud.
Please, change your name if you want , but not on account of brain dead simpletons like myself.

http://www.agrandefinale.com/prodimages/EAGF0006_sm.jpg
:P

Archonic Energy
2006-07-12, 12:34 PM
/\/\/\/Dolt Bolt\/\/\/

Hang on I have just recognised the true Ironic stupidity of my statement. :-[
Who the hell am I to talk I'm a bloke named Charity for crying out loud.
Please, change your name if you want , but not on account of brain dead simpletons like myself.

don't exagerate, you can't be braindead... however your posts clearly show you as a "special" person :P

Gary_Howard
2006-07-12, 01:23 PM
Hahahaha... no, no trouble. I've had baffled comments about it from day one. Since it's not a roleplay community, I'm not actually using Gary Howard for anything.. and I'd been thinking of doing it anyway. What's the story behind Charity, then?

And where's my link to all those interviews with RTD that I haven't read yet? :P

Edit: "Russell T Davies"'s initials are NOT "JTR". What the hell?

waspsmakejam
2006-07-12, 03:35 PM
Where are you all getting this information about who's appearing in episodes later? I don't doubt you, but I'd love to look through them too, if anyone has a link!

We know Catherine Tate is going to be in the Christmas Special from the closing credits of the final episode of Series 2.

Here's the link to way back when they told us Captain Jack would be back in Series 3. Its been mentioned several times since e.g. on Doctor Who Confidental and most importantly on Totally Doctor Who.

WARNING: The BBC site is SPOILER CENTRAL if you have not seen series 2!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/news/cult/news/drwho/2005/09/13/24581.shtml

If you click on the news index from there, you'll find other casting news for both Torchwood and Doctor Who.

The BBC announces significant casting news while filming is underway. The tabloid newspapers would find out anyway, so the BBC might as well feed them harmless information like this. Doctor Who is one of the most popular programmes on British television, and the most popular show with children.

Doctor Who Magazine is also an authoratative source of information.

Gary_Howard
2006-07-12, 05:45 PM
Thank you very much!

Cardel
2006-07-28, 06:26 AM
@ how to defeat a dalek

I thought that they could be defeated by explosives (Grenades for small amounts, Missiles for overrun cities, and wmd if you wanted to just go overkill). Dalek shields might be able to fend off lazers, and bullets might stop before them, but I doubt that they would be able to make an explosion stop around them.

Also, I dont think anyone has ever tried shooting them in the back.

waspsmakejam
2006-07-28, 06:38 PM
@ how to defeat a dalek

I thought that they could be defeated by explosives (Grenades for small amounts, Missiles for overrun cities, and wmd if you wanted to just go overkill). Dalek shields might be able to fend off lazers, and bullets might stop before them, but I doubt that they would be able to make an explosion stop around them. .

The daleks are very well protected inside their polycarbide armour.

If you mean hand grenades. those would bouce off the armour. (A nitro9 charge attached the casing works, beautifully.) Missiles, assuming you mean the sort that soldiers fire by hand, you'd have the bouncing off problem again. The boom might be big enough to knock a couple over, but my guess is they'd just EL-E-VATE and right themselves.

And with both missile and hand grenades, you have the minor problem that if the daleks can see you you're not going to get a chance to throw/fire anyway.

Still, I suppose given infinite soldiers, hand grenades adn missiles and just a few daleks we might get lucky.

On bigger numbers WMDs might work, but only on direct hits. Conventional and nuclear explosions woudl (obviously) damage them. But daleks are protected from chemical and biological agents and radiation by their armour. That's (part of) what it was originally designed for (both times). There's also the minor problem that where's there's daleks, there tends to be people ...

Also, I dont think anyone has ever tried shooting them in the back.

You can sneak round the back of a dalek, but the armour is jsut as strong in all directions. And nowadays the top bit of the armour swivels round, turret style. There is no "back" of the armour as such.

Much better to go for the the eyestalks from cover. MY-VIS-ION IS IM-PAIRED ;D Funnier, too.

Well, that was the long, rational answer. The short and true answer is, no-one can defeat the daleks except The Doctor ;)

Renloth
2006-07-28, 07:21 PM
It might be wrong to say this, but hasn't anyone who really likes Doctor Who (that doesn't live in the UK) managed to find a copy of the second season?

Leads to some funny situations. My friends and I (In the US.) were talking about the last episode around a couple of people who had only seen the first season. We let some things slip without thinking about it, and confused them a bit.