PDA

View Full Version : Requesting high powered class advice

Kobold-Bard
2009-08-07, 12:35 PM
I am in Regord_Silentflame's They were Gods among Men (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118496) game. It's Level 30 Gestalt.

Like most applicants I took Leadership and Epic Leadership, in my case purely for a way of getting around quickly/ressurectomatic, I don't plan on taking her with me unless I need to.

My Cohort is a Sorcerer 4/Cleric 4/True Necromancer 14/Mystic Theurge 4, leaving her with 20th level Sorcerer and Cleric Casting, and two levels left to play with for her total of 28.

I know that I could give her two levels of anything since she already has everything I need from her, but I'm curious if anyone has any advice for a good class to top this build off.

Thanks

K-B

FinalJustice
2009-08-07, 01:00 PM
War Weaver?

Doc Roc
2009-08-07, 01:09 PM
War Weaver, I guess. Your current layout is pretty weak, but I suppose you know that.

ZeroNumerous
2009-08-07, 01:12 PM
I suggest just taking two more levels of Mystic Theurge. Honestly, what's it matter? Just pick up DMM for persisting/chaining her buffs on you.

Myrmex
2009-08-07, 01:13 PM
I suggest just taking two more levels of Mystic Theurge. Honestly, what's it matter? Just pick up DMM for persisting/chaining her buffs on you.

Base CL 22 buffs at level 30 is a bit weaksauce.

Kobold-Bard
2009-08-07, 01:21 PM
War Weaver?

Where's this from, never heard of it?

War Weaver, I guess. Your current layout is pretty weak, but I suppose you know that.

I know she's not uber-powered, but in my aim for a "dual-casting Necromancer" I feel I've done quite well :smallbiggrin:

I'm not actually using her for a buff-bot. Too easy to dispel and I'm already drowning in notes from all my Vestige abilities, keeping track of all those spells would drive me crazy.

Eldariel
2009-08-07, 01:46 PM
War Weaver is from Heroes of Battle. Basically an über-buff machine getting something akin to Chain Spell for free when casting with a certain group of people (e.g. your party). It does lose a level of casting, but c'est la vie.

Keld Denar
2009-08-07, 01:54 PM
Geomancer or Heirophant would be my suggestions. The former is in Complete Divine and the later is in the DMG. Probably Heirophant. Free Reach Spell and the spell power boost is kinda nice. Geomancer would give you a bit of mix/match stats and abilities, but only for your lowest couple levels of spells, hardly worth it at 30...