PDA

View Full Version : quick possibly stupid tob question

lyko555
2009-08-07, 03:39 PM
So I have a lvl 2 swordsage. I was possibly thinking of jumping into the crusader class. My question is 2fold. Would i get all 5 new manuevers and they would be on seperate uses( as would a sorcerer taking classes in mage)
Also i would be initiate lvl 3 so could i take 2nd lvl manuevers ? thanks in advance

Keld Denar
2009-08-07, 03:42 PM
You can, and yes, you'd get a new set of maneuvers on a seperate refresh mechanism (that of a Crusader). All your maneuvers together stack to determine prereqs that have X manevuers required. Unfortunately, the only school that you bridge between SS and Crusader is Stone Dragon, which have notoriously few prereqs.

No. Your ILs for each initiator class is calculated seperately. Your SS IL would be 2.5 (round down), and your Crusader IL would be 2 (2 x .5 +1). If you took 2 more levels of SS and then took your first Crusader level, you could pick immediately from the level 2 manevuers, or the level 1 maneuvers as you wish, since your IL would be 3 (4 x .5 +1).

/cast protection from ninjas

RTGoodman
2009-08-07, 03:45 PM
When you multiclass into Crusader, you'll get the number of Crusader maneuvers and stances known just like a normal 1st-level Crusader. These are a completely separate "pool" of maneuvers known, and being granted them and renewing them is a completely separate mechanic.

Multiclassing ToB characters add 1/2 their other class level to their IL. So a Swordsage 2 who took a level in Crusader would have an IL of 2 (really, 2.5 rounded down) for Swordsage maneuvers, and an IL of 1 (really 1.5 rounded down) for Crusader maneuvers. He would still only be able to select from the 1st-level list of maneuvers. Now, if you waited until Swordsage 4/Crusader 1, you'd have an IL of 3 for Crusader maneuvers, meaning you could start off taking 2nd level maneuvers.

I've probably been horribly ninja'd at this point.

EDIT: Yep, I was pretty much right. :smalltongue:

lyko555
2009-08-08, 01:00 AM
thanks alot both of you.