PDA

View Full Version : Pirates of the Carribean 2 [No Spoilers]

Bookman
2006-06-30, 02:29 AM
AVAST MATEYS! The new pirate movie be coming out soon! So who's going to see it and how? Any opinions about it? Talk about it here! Only thing required is don't burn the rum! I'm planning to go see it at the midnight showing (if my parents let me) and possibly dressing as Jack Sparrow. I can do the whole off kilter demeanor pretty well I think and he's one of my favorite characters. Anyone think this is a little too nerdy or just awesome? Also any ideas on how to get a costume together in 1 week with little to no budget? GO TO IT!

InaVegt
2006-06-30, 04:31 AM
*burns the rum*

I hope it's good, most sequals aren't though

Ikkitosen
2006-06-30, 05:14 AM
Jack Sparrow definitely bears reprising, but I thought Orlando Bloom was terrible in the first film. Should be good though - ahar!!

Jack Squat
2006-06-30, 10:26 AM
I can't wait for it, but unfortunately I'll have to see it on Saturday because I'm working on Friday (4-11 most likely, I've been getting that time alot recently).

Genome
2006-06-30, 11:31 AM
I got a toy sword for $2 at a mini mart on a road trip. I'll be taking it when I go see the movie. It's the lamest sword ever. The blade is brown, and when you look straight down it, it's in a + shape, and the point is just a round ball. Oh, pink handle too.

You can bet I'll be swaggering like it's Blackbeard's own weapon, that's fer sure. Arrrrr...

Jibar
2006-06-30, 11:35 AM
Tell you what'd be cool...
Get a rowing boat, put wheels on it, and a mast and sail. Then "sail" to the cinema, dressed as pirates. If any police stop you, try and board them.

CabbageTheif
2006-06-30, 11:42 AM
LOLOLOLOLOLOL^

dude......

minus the boat, thats what my friends are doing. we got two crews, two captains, and we are dressing like pirates and storming the cinema. we are making a jolly rogers for each car to fly, and buying things and giving out pirate names.

my captain is captain mad hat rich

BelkarsDagger
2006-06-30, 11:55 AM
I cant wait to see the guy who looks like a tan Mind Flayer (I'm assuming thats Davey Jones hisself)! "Hide the rum." was a funny line in the previews, I'm going entirely by the previews. I hope it doesnt suck.

Ter Davey Jones Locker wit' ye! Arrr!

Hungerdog
2006-06-30, 12:16 PM
Yarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!

Midnight, opening night!!!

Avast, ye lubbers!

redheadedtriplet
2006-06-30, 12:47 PM
Yarr, my mates and I get to be goin' for free. But we be goin' again later, perhaps when it gets released at IMAX.

But would it not be awesome to have had this movie released on Talk Like A Pirate Day?

Bookman
2006-06-30, 01:20 PM
Yarr, my mates and I get to be goin' for free. But we be goin' again later, perhaps when it gets released at IMAX.

But would it not be awesome to have had this movie released on Talk Like A Pirate Day?

AYeeeeeeee indeed it would ye pretty redhead. Now explain how be it you're seeing this movie for free?

Also I'm glad I'm not the only one dressing up! ^_^ Any suggestions on a low to no budget costume?

Midnight Son
2006-06-30, 01:26 PM
AYeeeeeeee indeed it would ye pretty redhead. Now explain how be it you're seeing this movie for free?

Also I'm glad I'm not the only one dressing up! ^_^ Any suggestions on a low to no budget costume?Weren't prisoners often kept naked? That's low budget. ;D

Bookman
2006-06-30, 01:27 PM
Weren't prisoners often kept naked? That's low budget. ;D

That's NO budget :D Some how I think I'd get arrested.....and I'd really like to be dressed like Captain Jack.

BlythraB
2006-06-30, 01:40 PM
my fam is coming back from Canada on friday, but I might borrow my big brother's almost perfect Jack sparow costume... or part of it, I'm a girl. But maybe not. I'm not one of those see-it-at-midnight people. I can wait a few days to see it

Bookman
2006-06-30, 01:42 PM
See I'm impatient.....and just wanna say I've been to a midnight premire ya know? Where'd he get the near perfect costume?

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-06-30, 01:52 PM
Now explain how be it you're seeing this movie for free?
Well, my sister for instance works at a cinema. She and the others there get to preview movies the day before they come out and rate it. Everyone gets to bring a single family member or friend of their choice.

I don't get to watch PotC though because she's taking my other sister. I did get to see Superman Returns a day earlier though to make up for it (which it didn't ;) )

Bookman
2006-06-30, 01:53 PM
GRrrrrrrrrrrrr you lucky people...........I want connections in the movie theaters.........

Kriel
2006-06-30, 02:59 PM
Arr, mateys! I've been marooned in Germany so I won't be seein' it for quite some time! Come July 25th, however, I'll be seein' it!

Evil_Pacifist
2006-06-30, 11:02 PM
Yahar, it looks good. It seems to have more fantasy stuff then the first one. It's coming out on my brother's birthday! I'll probably see it a couple years from now.

Do you think there will be a third?

Bookman
2006-06-30, 11:03 PM
There will DEIFINATLY be a 3rd one. They're shooting it now.....in fact they shot the 2nd and 3rd one at roughly the same time.

Xerillum
2006-06-30, 11:13 PM
Yarr! that be a good idea. so gthe 3rd one wil be released earlier.

Pagz
2006-07-01, 01:22 AM
Why are pirates pirates?

cause they ARRRRR...>.<

i really hope its good, i hope they dont detour too much from the origional, as in I hope every other actor isnt some kind of monstrous humanoid type.

Jack sparrow carries this film, i hope everyone else gets a chance to be just as awsom :P

DMgrinder
2006-07-01, 01:47 AM
Steps to making a good pirate movie sequel.
1. Remove Orlando whats-his-face.
2.Repeat step one as many times as needed.

On a related note... I tryed my first rum today. the bottle said S&S. The guy handing it to me said it stood for Smooth and Soothing. After my first taste I was convinced it was acually Salty and Savage.

Vaynor
2006-07-01, 03:38 AM
Argh matey! Me can't wait for the new pirate movie! Argh!

Lykan
2006-07-01, 05:46 AM
Yarr! that be a good idea. so gthe 3rd one wil be released earlier.
Tha third - Ah screw it, I was never good at pirate talk... Maybe because my country only did land trade... :P

The third one is coming out next year. I think the title is suposed to be Pirates of the Carribean 3, The World's End, but the title is unoffical... The release date is definetly next year though...

Theres also going to be a Chinese pirate in it as well [my source brings special mention of it; dont know why]... Which I think is going to disrupt the entire concept of the movie, because that probably means some ind of wushu is oing to be added into it...

storybookknight
2006-07-01, 11:21 PM
I'm just highly amused by the creativity the movie seems to have inherited, despite its sequelish nature.

I mean, come on. Davy Jones as a Cthulhu monster? It sounds like a game my friend Andrew would run. (He runs Deadlands a lot.) (We had a Tom Sawyer/Bill S. Preston and Theodore Logan/Doctor Who crossover.) (Now we're investigating the mysterious writer J.K. Rowling in the 1880s.)

Where was I? Right. Davy frickin' Jones. Really now.

BelkarsDagger
2006-07-02, 12:25 AM
Oh come on, Orlando wasn't that horrible. I didn't like his roll as must as Jack, and Jack did do a very good job doing it.

Arr mateys, I 'ope the 3rd movie isnt sucky, if it is I make 'em walk the plank! Yarrrr!

Bookman
2006-07-02, 12:26 AM
haha it isn't the character people hate it's the mere IDEA of Orlando Bloom.

Jibar
2006-07-02, 02:10 AM
I will never understand though how they managed to make such awesome films based on a theme park ride!?
Yarrrg...Jibar Chocolatebeard be liken Orlando though. Yaarrrrg.

Bookman
2006-07-02, 02:13 AM
Yeah that's the wierd part it's all from a ride.......you would think it'd just be a bad movie but it's made of AWESOME. (But why's the RUM gone?) Anyone been on the ride? What happens on it? I'm curious......

Jibar
2006-07-02, 02:18 AM
I love the ride. One big waterway with pirates doing stuff on either side. Plus you get wet.

Bookman
2006-07-02, 02:20 AM
haha sounds like my kind of ride! I love water rides like that.........back on topic (thought it was vaugly there) I'm mad cause I can't do a midngiht showing >:( GRrrrrr stupid parents not thiking "the movie will be anything big" Actually I take that back my DAD'S words my mom was iffy but for reasonable reasons

Baerdog7
2006-07-02, 03:05 AM
Yeah, the ride's pretty cool. Especially since it's one of the oldest rides at Disneyland. A friend of mine went recently (read: a few weeks ago) and said that since they put in Jack, Will, and Co. the line is just stupid long. We're talking a four hour wait. Needless to say, she didn't get to see the ride since they added the new characters, but she did get a picture of the line. :)

-Baerdog7

Dhavaer
2006-07-02, 03:12 AM
I went on the ride, before the movie came out, I think. Nothing really special, but relaxing. Make it longer and it'd be a good place for a nap.

Kanashimi
2006-07-10, 02:20 PM
I've ridden the Pirate's Ride more times than I can count (my family spent a lot of time at Disney when I was growing up) and I always thought it was hilarious. I was just there the other week and the ride was closed for renovations. No doubt updating it for the movies. I hope it's better, not worse. I loved the fact that in the first one, there was that russian looking guy with the beard who ran around with bombs. He was my favorite Pirate from the ride! I was truly sad when he was blown up!!!

Deadly
2006-07-10, 02:53 PM
Been many, many years since I've been at a cinema. Will probably be many more years before I set my foot in one again. Heck I don't even know where to find a cinema anymore, which is both scary and very sad now that I think about it :(

I'll probably do as I've always done... buy it on DVD in a year or so. Much more relaxing to watch it at home anyway, though a bit antisocial I guess.

Loved the first movie, atleast the first half (the last half wasn't really worth seeing twice), and hope the new one will be even better. However, I'm a bit worried about the trailers I'm seeing, looks like Jack's got some horribly bad makeup in his face. I hope my eyes deceive me.

McDeath
2006-07-11, 07:51 AM
"Why is the rum, always, gone?"
*gets to his feet*
*sways*
"Ah, I remember."

Beleriphon
2006-07-12, 03:04 AM
What I loved about the first one is that there are so many references to the ride in it. The pirates in the cell with the dog, Jacks says the dog will never move, all because there is a scene just like it in the ride, and the dog never moves!

Yar, this is te be a fine piece o' filmographication!

Vaynor
2006-07-12, 05:29 PM
Yay! I'm going today! Wooooooo!

Midnight Son
2006-07-13, 01:15 AM
Went today. Loved it. Only thing that bugged me: Kiera Knightly always looks better with short hair and no tan. It's quite rare that I would say that about a woman. I tend to like just-past-the-shoulder hair and a nice tan.

Lianae
2006-07-13, 07:52 AM
Her tan in this one just looked fake, like she had too much makeup on.

Pagz
2006-07-14, 09:31 AM
Meh, shes fine enough to pull it off

easy 9 out of 10 for me, that movie is awsom, rivialing the first methinks

If you havent seen it, i recomend you do

so...awsom...must...contain...brain...contense...

rumours say the 3rd movie will have ninjas!
The debate will finally be setteled, who is better, pirates or ninjas....ooooo :P

Midnight Son
2006-07-14, 10:43 AM
Meh, shes fine enough to pull it off

easy 9 out of 10 for me, that movie is awsom, rivialing the first methinks

If you havent seen it, i recomend you do

so...awsom...must...contain...brain...contense...

rumours say the 3rd movie will have ninjas!
The debate will finally be setteled, who is better, pirates or ninjas....ooooo :P
I thought that was already settled. Pirates are awesome, but need wind to sail. Ninjas blow.