PDA

View Full Version : Regenerator [Template]

PumpkinEater
2009-08-08, 12:15 AM
So, a mad scientist (as always) within her personal laboratory creates experimental monsters for use by her nation's powerful inhuman army. One fearsome creature is made by heavily modifying living creatures, mainly humans. She operates on her victims and transforms them as she sees fit, sometimes removing limbs and reattaching new ones. After she finishes this, she then inserts a special stone into the subject's heart. It was originally meant to allow the subject to quickly and rapidly adapt to their new bodies, however, it ended up forcing their bodies to regenerate repeatedly and rapidly and as a side-effect, they now possess the ability to regenerate at a frighteningly quick rate. Even after the operation, the stone continuously forces the body to regenerate itself until the subject dies shortly after. However, some are able to continue to walk as an undead, yet not quite as one.

The Regenerator
“Regenerator” is an acquired template that can be added to any corporeal creature, including undead, that has a skeletal system (referred to hereafter as the base creature).

Size and Type: The creature’s type changes to undead. It retains any subtypes except alignment subtypes (such as good or evil). It uses all the base creature’s statistics and special abilities except as noted here.

Hit Dice: Hit dice are unaffected. Unlike normal undead, the regenerators do not gain d12 hit dice.

Attacks: A regenerator retains all natural weapons, manufactured weapon attacks, and weapon proficiencies of the base creature. A regenerator also gains a bite attack.

Damage: Natural and manufactured weapons deal damage normally. A claw and bite attack deals damage depending on the regenerator’s size. (Use the base creature’s bite or claw damage if it’s better.)

Special Qualities: A regenerator retains all of the base creature’s special qualities, and gains the following special qualities:

Accelerated Regeneration (Ex): All damage that would be dealt to this creature is treated as nonlethal damage. Positive energy, negative energy, fire, and acid deal normal damage to a regenerator. Regenerators automatically heals 15 points of nonlethal damage per round. If at any time a regenerator would have no nonlethal damage, the regenerator begins to recover 3 points of lethal damage per round. If a regenerator would lose a limb or body part, the regenerator may spend a move action to regrow the lost portion. This ability does not restore hit points lost due to starvation, thirst, or suffocation. Severed parts that are not reattached wither and crumble to dust within just a few seconds of a new limb being grown.

Negative Energy Resistance (Ex): Unlike most normal undead, the regenerators are vulnerable to negative damage as well as positive energy. However, the regenerators have at least some passing resistance to negative energy. The regenerators have negative energy resistance 5.

Traits: The regenerators possess the following traits:

Immunity to stunning, physical ability damage, energy drain, and death effects.
Regenerators do not breathe.
Regenerators have Darkvision out to 60 feet.
Can be turned/rebuked like normal undead.
If a regenerator's hit point total were to drop below 1, they immediately perish.

Abilities: A regenerator has one ability score of their choice (except for constitution) increased by 6 and Constitution is reduced by 2.

Feats: A regenerator gains Iron Will as a bonus feat.

Environment: Any, usually the same as the base creature.

Alignment: Generally evil.

Soo... comments? I have no idea what the LA on this thing should be.

Sample Regenerator

Alex Nervine
Male Regenerator (Human)
Medium Undead
Hit Points – 4d6 + 6d4 + 17 (44)
Hit Dice – 11
Alignment – Lawful Evil
Traits – Demortea Traits
Classes – Rogue 5 / LA Class 6
Initiative – 9
Senses
Sight – Darkvision 60
Listen – 10
Sense Motive – 3
Spot – 3
Languages – Alvian
Armor Class
Normal – 19 (+7 Dexterity, +2 Armor)
Flat Footed – 12
Touch – 17
Saving Throws
Fortitude – 4
Reflex – 10
Will – 5
Resistances – Evasion, Trap Sense +1, Uncanny Dodge, Acid Resistance 15
Weakness – Positive and Negative energy vulnerability
Speed – 6 spaces (30 feet)
Melee – Masterwork Rapier +15 / +10 (1d6 +1, 18 - 20/x2
Range – None
Base Attack Bonus – +6 / +1
Attack Options – Sneak Attack +3d6
Combat Gear – Masterwork Rapier
Ability Scores

Strength – 12
Dexterity – 24
Constitution – 12
Wisdom – 14
Intelligence – 12
Charisma – 16
Special Qualities – Accelerated Regeneration, Negative Energy Resistance, Trap Finding, Acid Resistance 15, Acidic Blood
Feats – Weapon Finesse, Weapon Focus (Light Blades), Dodge, Arterial Strike, Stealthy
Skills – Balance +9, Bluff 17, Diplomacy +5, Disable Device 9, Disguise 11, Hide 23, Intimidate +5, Jump +3, Listen 10, Move Silently 23, Open Lock 21, Search 9, Sleight of Hand 17, Tumble 15
Possessions – Combat Gear, +1 Padded Armor

Regenerator Qualities Listed above.

Acid Blood The blood coursing through Alex's body is, in fact, not blood, but acid. If an adjacent creature would deal damage to Alex, they take 2d6 acid damage. (Reflex Save DC 15; half)

DracoDei
2009-08-08, 12:45 AM
Can they be turned/rebuked as normal undead?

I assume they do NOT have the standard undead immunities except as mentioned specifically in the entry?

I assume that dealing enough lethal damage to drop it to zero kills it permanently?

I am seeing CR +2 or higher here...

LA... maybe +4???

PumpkinEater
2009-08-08, 12:55 AM
Can they be turned/rebuked as normal undead?

I assume they do NOT have the standard undead immunities except as mentioned specifically in the entry?

I assume that dealing enough lethal damage to drop it to zero kills it permanently?

I am seeing CR +2 or higher here...

LA... maybe +4???

Uh... well, they CAN be turned, yes. I'll add this in, thanks for pointing it out.

Dealing enough lethal damage to drop it to zero kills it permanently, and it has only the undead immunities mentioned specifically in the entry, and nothing else.

TheLash
2009-08-09, 02:52 AM
I really like it. If you don't mind I'll be using this in one of my games.

PumpkinEater
2009-08-09, 01:46 PM
I really like it. If you don't mind I'll be using this in one of my games.

Haha, cool, no problem.