PDA

View Full Version : Snarl Galaxy?

Darkroot
2009-08-08, 06:28 AM
This seems a seperate thing to discussing the origins of the planet itself, as in the other thread, so am making a new one...

Richard has always paid careful attention to detail in his comics, and I can't help but notice that the Snarl's planet (calling it that for simplicity) is surrounded by small white dots - stars, in the comic's style. Rich could just as easily have left this as dark space without changing anyones perception of the object as a planet, but he has not, which suggests there is an entire galaxy within the Snarl's pocket dimension - or, alternatively, that this is a far-off place in the same dimension and that rifts are gates between them...
Theres also the possibility, following the theory that this is "world 1", that when the Snarl destroyed creation, which was previously assumed to simply be the OOTSworld, it also destroyed a large area of the surrounding galaxy, which would make the Snarl's power infinitely above what we previously thought. Actually, the "different place in space" idea is seeming more likely when I think about it....

Anyone got any thoughts on the matter? (And if I'm doing something wrong here, sorry, its my first post)

Tempest Fennac
2009-08-08, 06:47 AM
Welcome to the forums. :smallsmile: I just assumed that the stars were just there to look nice rather then being evidence that there's an entire galaxy inside the rift to be honest (it is possible that the gods only created 1 planet which was surrounded by stars, though).

Jaltum
2009-08-08, 07:12 AM
It's possible that in Ootsworld, the stars are just lights in the sky, also--that is, that the cosmology is radically different and stars are neither as big or as far away. They just look similar because nights would look weird without stars.

Pronounceable
2009-08-08, 01:33 PM
I only wanted to say the title reminded me of Super Mario Galaxy.
But yes, stars can merely be small lights in the sky instead of other solar systems.

Berserk Monk
2009-08-08, 01:51 PM
I only wanted to say the title reminded me of Super Mario Galaxy.
But yes, stars can merely be small lights in the sky instead of other solar systems.

Ditto. Man, that be the greatest game after O-Chul Pac Man, Tree Invaders, and Belkar Frogger.

xyzzy
2009-08-08, 01:57 PM
Ditto. Man, that be the greatest game after O-Chul Pac Man, Tree Invaders, and Belkar Frogger.

Three of us!

And while it's possible that there's a whole universe in there, it's probable that we won't have any interaction with it outside of that planet. I do feel confident that we'll be seeing a lot more of this planet soon.

Bibliomancer
2009-08-08, 02:34 PM
I think that the Snarl did not create a new planet. I am of the opinion that it is the First World, and that the Snarl engulfed it like an amoeba.