PDA

View Full Version : Blackwing - Chaotic Evil?

Prowl
2009-08-08, 08:25 AM
I figured I may as well get this started...

Blackwing is chaotic evil because only evil characters wear black, it's like a rule or something.:smallbiggrin:

Assassin89
2009-08-08, 08:31 AM

Blackwing is chaotic evil because only evil characters wear black, it's like a rule or something.:smallbiggrin:

Haley wore black during her time in the Azure City Resistance and she isn't chaotic evil. The same applies for all member of the resistance.

Captain Alien
2009-08-08, 08:34 AM
Haley wore black during her time in the Azure City Resistance and she isn't chaotic evil.

Some would say she is "arguably not chaotic evil".

sam4books
2009-08-08, 08:48 AM
See "Dark is not Evil" (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DarkIsNotEvil).

Kaed
2009-08-08, 10:39 AM
You guys realize this is a gag thread, right?

Dark Faun
2009-08-08, 11:18 AM
You got it wrong Prowl; only evil characters wear red leather (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0045.html). :smallwink:

The Dark Fiddler
2009-08-08, 11:21 AM
*facepalm*

I think these alignment threads are going way too far. I don't see what use Blackwing's alignment could be at this time, and there's almost no evidence in any direction.

You'd be better off arguing about the alignment of that lady that sold apples at 1pp apiece.

Berserk Monk
2009-08-08, 11:24 AM

Please explain Roy then.

Cizak
2009-08-08, 11:27 AM
Please explain Roy then.

What are you talking about, Roy doesn't weaoooooooh, I get it...

*Sneaks out again*

EleventhHour
2009-08-08, 11:29 AM
*facepalm*

I think these alignment threads are going way too far. I don't see what use Blackwing's alignment could be at this time, and there's almost no evidence in any direction.

You'd be better off arguing about the alignment of that lady that sold apples at 1pp apiece.

Chaotic Neutral EVIL. Because she's only thinking of herself, as if you put that much value on a single apple your going to drive up the price for very minor products, with a exponential rate if it's something like an apple that's normally worth one CP.

Because, if the most minor good can make more than a 1000% price jump, and especially being a fruit as it's a food-related product, your going to drive the prices up on other things such as armour, because the armourers and blacksmiths' are going to want to have food, and a loaf of bread is approximately the same cost as an apple, and if the baker sees that the farmer's apple can be priced at 1 PP, then surely he could price his breads at the same, and therefore the armourers/blacksmiths will need to make enough to afford sevral PPs with of food, every week.

And if armour prices jump into the zone where they make enough PPs to feed thier family for a week or so (as Armour for Gold would have previously) the prices involved there are going to jump astronomically, and soon adventurers are going to have to slay a dragon so that they can use it's horde (Assuming no weapons or armour is in the pile) to buy a simple nonmastercraft longsword.

SEE?! SEE WHAT THAT PEASANT HAS WROUGHT?

Kobold-Bard
2009-08-08, 11:33 AM
Please explain Roy then.

Imminent thread-lock confirmed.

Thanatos 51-50
2009-08-08, 11:35 AM
He's a raven, of course he's black. that's be like saying ZZ'drti was obviously Evil becuase he was a drow.

Oh. I get it. Clever.

thepsyker
2009-08-08, 12:26 PM
Hmm, you might have a point just look at when he decided to finally speak to V, not until V was on the precipice of being evil. When he tells V not to go back to acting the way V was before he is really telling V not to go back to neutral, but to remain the familicide casting evil person V has become.:smalleek:

Sholos
2009-08-08, 12:45 PM
Snake Eyes. That is all.

Theodoriph
2009-08-08, 02:04 PM
Are you saying Roy is chaotic evil because he's black? Would all black people in OOTS be chaotic evil?

That would seem to be the implication...and a terrible one at that.

Bibliomancer
2009-08-08, 02:23 PM
I thought that familiars were the same alignment as their master (except when using the Improved Familiar feat, and then they must be within one step on each axis).

waterpenguin43
2009-08-08, 03:54 PM
Are you saying Roy is chaotic evil because he's black? Would all black people in OOTS be chaotic evil?

That would seem to be the implication...and a terrible one at that.

That would be incredibly racist on Rich's part, the only (known and important) evil black person is Sabine (I don't count ZZ'dtri, because (s)he isn't "human" black.).

Theodoriph
2009-08-08, 04:01 PM
That would be incredibly racist on Rich's part, the only (known and important) evil black person is Sabine (I don't count ZZ'dtri, because (s)he isn't "human" black.).

On the OPs part...since it's his/her theory :smalltongue:

Roy obviously isn't CE.

Blue Ghost
2009-08-08, 08:47 PM
I thought that familiars were the same alignment as their master (except when using the Improved Familiar feat, and then they must be within one step on each axis).

Then V is Chaotic Evil, obviously. :smallbiggrin:

The Dark Fiddler
2009-08-08, 09:09 PM
Then V is Chaotic Evil, obviously. :smallbiggrin:

Don't you dare start those again.

Prowl
2009-08-08, 11:38 PM

I got her pegged already - biotic evil. That's why they scare doctors away!

Optimystik
2009-08-09, 12:26 AM
lol @ views to posts ratio. But OP has just proved how bored we will all likely be until the 31st. :smalltongue:

Lerky
2009-08-09, 12:40 AM
Blackwing is evil! He abandons Vaarsuvius to die (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0440.html)

...wait...do we even know Blackwing's gender?:smallconfused:

thepsyker
2009-08-09, 01:26 AM
Blackwing is evil! He abandons Vaarsuvius to die (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0440.html)

...wait...do we even know Blackwing's gender?:smallconfused:*Sigh* I thought everyone knew by now that crows in OotS are ambiguously gendered, lets not highjack a thread for that discussion again.:smalltongue:

Cleverdan22
2009-08-09, 07:13 AM
Frankly the actual alignment threads are old and overused by now, and everyone knows that, but joke alignment threads aren't that great either. From what I can see, it just encourages people to post inane theories and speculations in their own threads, and one day those threads will block out the sun and all life as we know it will cease to exist.

I shouldn't type things after staying up entirely through the night.

Prowl
2009-08-09, 08:47 AM
All right, enough of this nonsense. I give myself an infraction for "trolling" for having the audacity to put up this silly thread.

Oops, now I have to sanction myself again for "vigilante modding".

Dammit! Sanctioning myself for vigilante modding is vigilante modding and now I need to sanction myself again...

oh heck, now I'm stuck in a self-inflicted recursive infraction loop. Help!

AstralFire
2009-08-09, 09:02 AM
Sounds like you need a Gibbs headsmack (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqMUuOPsa0o&feature=related).

Bibliomancer
2009-08-09, 09:19 AM
Frankly the actual alignment threads are old and overused by now, and everyone knows that, but joke alignment threads aren't that great either. From what I can see, it just encourages people to post inane theories and speculations in their own threads, and one day those threads will block out the sun and all life as we know it will cease to exist.

I shouldn't type things after staying up entirely through the night.

Your mistake was assuming that there is a sun. The snarl ate it already.

All right, enough of this nonsense. I give myself an infraction for "trolling" for having the audacity to put up this silly thread.

Oops, now I have to sanction myself again for "vigilante modding".

Dammit! Sanctioning myself for vigilante modding is vigilante modding and now I need to sanction myself again...

oh heck, now I'm stuck in a self-inflicted recursive infraction loop. Help!

Try ginkgo bilboa. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0331.html) It's got to be good for something.

Roland St. Jude
2009-08-09, 11:04 AM
You guys realize this is a gag thread, right?

I certainly gagged.

Sheriff of Moddingham: Could please not have a gag "X is Y alignment" for every character that pops into this weeks comic? Thread locked.