PDA

View Full Version : A Wave of Mutilation

Pages : [1] 2

Hefty Lefty
2009-08-08, 09:29 AM
Atana

The sky is a slate gray on this cold Atana morning. The wind comes in rushes, occasionally blowing leaves and rubbish about. The air smells sharply of salt water, as it always does. The fishers and catchers have been out on the shores since before dawn; some catchers even brave the harsh waters. They only go out a half-mile, of course, no more, for the waters there are cursed and will take any vessel down to the briny deep. As the people walk around the city, they can see guards talking amongst one another in whisper. Guards speak to a shopkeeper, and in moments the shopkeeper is closing and barring his windows. Such places of businesses, such as the local inn, Port and Starboard, are still open. Breakfast for early risers is just being put on the griddles.

Mr Snufflewumps
2009-08-10, 09:25 AM
After long and arduous months of travel across the the continent and through the Bevroren Mountains, Frumourn has finally arrived in a rather large city, the first one he had ever seen. What a nice clan of folks that live here he thinks, ignorant of the hushed tones and suspicious actions. As he walks through the streets he is hit with the first gust of sea breeze to ever touch his face, for a long moment he stands taking in the smell of what he believes to be a giant lake. After a long moment his stomach begins to growl and he is brought back to reality. He approaches one of the guards and asks good morrow friend! i was wondering if you could point me in the direction of the nearest establishment to be serving breakfast and willing to take something other than coin, you see i've been traveling for quite some time and the trail rations i have haven't tasted like real food since the the very beginning. finishing off his comment with a hearty and genial laugh.

Hefty Lefty
2009-08-10, 10:49 AM
Atana - A street corner

The guard briefly turns around to speak to Frumourn. "Port and Starboard is open, I think. But you're gonna need some copper. You should sell somethin' at Colina's down the road. Actually they're probably not open yet, either." The guard begins to walk away without ever giving Frumourn full eye contact.

Mr Snufflewumps
2009-08-10, 03:45 PM
Thankee good sir, your direction is well taken Frumourn bellows while the guard walks away what a busy man he must be, always needing to run on to another errand, good enough advice though Frumourn once again begins to walk around the city in a half daze, amazed at the feel of this new land, and heads toward the port area to sit and gaze out on the sea while the shops are still closed

Red Mage
2009-08-12, 03:36 AM
Fizzle

Colm "Fizzle" Cinderburst shuffles hurriedly off the gang plank of a local fishing trawler-How the bloody devil did I end up there? Must have taken a wrong turn at the city gate then, no?
Hunching over to slightly hide his form, he struggles to keep up with the longer strides of the city fisherman around him. Damn stalks everywhere mucking the place up...and not any of these seems strong enough for my time… His face lights up suddenly, seeming to remember something vital to his daily routine. He quickly takes off his pack and removes a long tawdry looking necklace from the rest of the assorted contents. At its head is the sun, a symbol for Pelor.
This ought to do nicely, all these fecking stalks love the bleedin' sun. hmmmm maybe its the sun that makes the stalks grow all big and tall like.

He chuckles at his own quip, only to suddenly stifle himself at the sight of a massively burly man meandering his way towards him.

Goh blimey! Aint he be the wild creature! That stalk is more like a godamn tree! One swing of that blade and a much shorter man would be left!!! I have to get out of here before I do something to offend his savage nature!Colm swiftly ducks into the shadows, but at closer examination of the adventurer, he makes another estimate of the man. Wait a tick, he has quite a genial air about him...seems like a fella who'd like a hearty laugh and a long drought ehhh? hmmmm...maybe I could "acquire" him....hmmm a little copper goes a long way with these stalks...and its never bad to have a friend in a city of blaggards.

“You der- I wan’cha for a wee mument,” motioning to the giant of a man across the way,
“Praise be t' Pelor, da o so shoining wun. Howw’s da form? Da'name is Colm Cinderburst, playzure t'meetcha." Without letting the man respond to such an odd greeting, Fizzle speedily continues, "H’ave you no coyeen on’cha? I cone ear ur stoamac so wheeel ids hurtin me lugs lad!! Whheeel lay me shed sohma me whheight’ere and treeet you t'a fresh meeel ur twoo, arra? He pats his coin purse loudly, but suddenly his eyes dart around to see if hes attracted too much attention in so shady of surroundings. He begins to move and shuttle the gigantic man away from this newly frightening location while saying, "Ownly probe-lem es’oI dan’ see wun ohpen shup ‘runed’eer me boyo- Seems ta’ meself dat wees mights be da fferst c'hustomhers dey’d bee a getin’ ien, no? d’his is quoiiite a cunundrom, so id is, mmm? Whheel, da kittles be a wHisltin’ soon yes? Les us woolk a ways and maybes oI monupoliize ur lug fur a wee bit, yes?

Mr Snufflewumps
2009-08-12, 05:38 PM
Frumourn

Frumourn first simply stares, wide-eyed at this little man he assumed to be a child. What an odd way of speaking he has, though I think he may provide some good company he will, aye. "Aye me little friend, if I be takin' you're meaning to offer me a free meal I be a fool's uncle to not be accepting" Frumourn once again continues to walk along the port enjoying the breeze, a large smile stuck onto his face. "Can you tell me Mr. Cinderburst if ye have ever been witness to a lake like this before. The smell alone is nothing like I have had the pleasure to taste before, I can only imagine what a good swim would be like in the hot months"

JGMafia1
2009-08-18, 02:53 PM
Shiki

Breakfast of champions, grilled cod, fish eggs, and steamed seaweed. The Port and Starboard was true to its location, only serving whatever came in with the catch.
"No bread, but still plenty of meat,"in crisp elven, "The meal's not that bad despite this inn's location."
Tethes ate her portion slowly, whereas Shiki shoved the meal down regardless of its carb-less portions. "Port districts may be seedy but everyone needs food and everyone also wants a good meal." Her gaze wanders out of the tavern towards the streets where a halfling and human are speaking. "We should invite them to join us."
Shiki turns to see who "them" is. "Why? You know I enjoy peace in the morning," taking a sip of watered down ale, "Besides, we need to go collect our credit of furs soon, sooner than later."
"It can wait," Tethes retorts, "and I've got a good feeling from that bunch."
Shiki knew better than to dismiss the hunches so he stood and switched to common. "Sirs," yelling to the two travelers. "My companion wishes to invite you both to join us for breakfast. I can honestly say too there is no better company or dining. Shiki tries to put on his best smile. And here I thought I'd have a peaceful morning.

Hefty Lefty
2009-08-18, 09:02 PM
Atana - Port and Starboard

At Port and Starboard, business is as slow as the rising sun. Inside, the wooden plank walls and floor are a pale gray. The lighting is dim, as the indoor lanterns are not ignited until the late afternoon. The powerful smell of fish can be sensed throughout. In the back of the small room, a staircase leads towards the second of two stories where the rooms are. In front of the staircase is the bar, behind which is the kitchen. A half-elf can be seen in the kitchen tending to a fire. The dining room consists of eight small tables scattered around the room, only one of which is occupied.
As Gait stuffs his meal down with his dagger, another half-elf behind the counter watches in disgust with one hand rasping on the counter, the other holding his chin. When Gait welcomes the two people from the street into the inn, the half-elf wakes from his trance-like state. He hurries to the doorway. "Good morning, folks," he says in a rehearsed manner. It is clear he uses the same greeting for everyone who enters Port and Starboard. "Can I help you to breakfast? We have..." his voice trails off as he checks a small parchment. "Fresh cod with... black hen eggs... roasted potatoes and, uh..." he checks his parchment again. "That's it. For four silver." He puts the parchment in his coat pocket and, for the first time, looks up at the two travellers.

Shiace
2009-08-21, 12:59 AM
Nirav lays asleep in a dark alleyway after his late night arrival in the shining port city of Atana. He dreams of fine young halfling women wooing him in a bathtub. A real bath, oh what a luxury. It's been too long since he's had a pleasure such as this. As the dream starts to get interesting he stirs and awakes to the rising sun and bustling sounds of a waking city. He briefly mourns the loss of his nighttime fantasy and then prepares for a new day as he emerges into the streets. He heads for the Port and Starboard, a tavern recommended to him by his friend Arkan Shoewman, to perhaps grab some breakfast before the day begins. The room is dimly lit and almost empty save a man enjoying a large breakfast and beckoning to two strangers to join him. Nirav slips in and orders a small banquet of steaming clams. He slowly picks at his food as he observes the scene before him.

Mr Snufflewumps
2009-08-21, 11:17 PM
Frumourn
Once again the kindness of the townsfolk has taken Frumourn aback. My luck seems to be making its moneys worth today Frumourn still with his large smile on his face gives the man a few hard pats on the shoulder while walking by, meaning well but clearly not understanding his own strength. "Well my good sir, it appears that your in luck for a few more patrons. My little friend here will take care of the bill and I think I'll take a seat next to the friendly looking fellow and his companion." Frumourn walks past the proprietor, leaving Cinderburst to follow him in, and heads to the table of two.
"Morning my friend, thank you for offering your company today." Frumourn then turns to the fair looking women next to him,And from what I understand you are the reason I'm seated here this morning, well let me say it is a pleasure and an honor to be next to someone so beautiful on such a beautiful day." Frumourn preforms a very unpracticed and none-to-fluid bow to the strangers before sitting down with them. "Well I do believe introductions are in order at the least, My name is Frumourn the Darkeyes and my half-pint companion over there is umm...." Frumourn trails off while thinking over the pronunciation of Cinderburst's first name.

Shiace
2009-08-23, 01:07 PM
Nirav's eyes flash to the halfling and human entering the Port and Starboard. Ah, another halfling. At least there is some decency in this city. I'd hate to be surrounded by stilts all the time, although it is easier to snatch stuff from these lumbering treelegs.

This group might have potential. They seem wealthy enough, I might be able to slip a hand in to grab something when they aren't paying attention. They probably don't even know I'm here right now. He continues to pick at his steaming food, although most of his attention is now focused on the small party at the table before him.

Hefty Lefty
2009-08-23, 09:39 PM

The half-elf, once a bored, workless body suddenly has quite a lot of customers to take care of. He quickly walks across the room, shouting orders to the half-elf in the kitchen. There is no wall between the kitchen and the dining room, so the conversation, loud and crass, can be heard by all.
"Aye, we got a bunch a' clams, an' black eggs an' cod for two," the waiter half-elf yells.
"Whataya tryin' to do, kill me?" the half-elf in the kitchen replies, "This is too much for so early! I'm on my own back here!"
"Oh yea and potatoes too!"
"You kidding me!?" A plate appears on a counter in the kitchen. "Here are the clams, you'll get the rest when it's ready."
The waiter hurriedly walks back and forth, serving the new halfling customer across the room.
"When the hell is Ayina getting here?" The cook yells into the dining area, hoping his friend will here, "She never said nothin' bout comin' in late!"
The waiter did not hear him, however. In the midst of serving, a guard had entered the restaurant, accompanied by a younger looking guard. The older guard says a few short words, then leaves.

Coremitan Mountains

In the midst of the morning commotion at the Port and Starboard, the mountains surrounding the city of Atana erupt in flames. The signal fires have been lit and can be seen by the few people in the streets. Some claim that the fires are so immense, they can actually feel the temperature rise. The signal fires set up in the highest peaks of the Coremitan Mountains alert the surrounding cities and villages of emergenices. They never light without serious cause for concern.

Atana - City Streets

A tall man in shining guardsmen's armor rides his gleaming white horse slowly throughout Atana. The guard holds his helmet at his side. His light blue eyes are but mere slits on his face. His face is peppered with the scruff of a beard. Around his neck lies a shining red ruby stone attached to a gold chain. The ruby shines very bright, despite the lack of sun this morning. At his side is a young guard bearing the yellow and purple sash of a Junior Patroller. The Junior Patroller's red hair hangs out under his helmet.
Suddenly, the horse stops dead in his tracks as the signal fires light. The mounted guard stares at the mountains. "They're here," he says quietly.
He looks down at his companion, whose wide eyes exute obvious surprise.
"Okay son, I have a task for you. I need you to go into Port and Starboard and group everyone together. I'm going into the west section of town to organize everyone in their houses."
The guard clicks his heels and the horse begins to trot again.
"Speak firmly and with authority. Stand your ground. But most importantly, stay calm. If people see you nervous, they'll become nervous themselves. And then you'll have trouble." The two arrive at Port and Starboard and are immediatly greeted by a half-elf balancing two trays.
"Any trouble here, guys?" The half-elf asks, clearly annoyed by their visit.
The mounted guard looks down again at the red-haired Junior Patroller. "Meet me downtown in three minutes, bring everyone. You can do this."
The guard clicks his heels again and gallops away through the city streets.
The half-elf glares at the second guard. "What the hell buddy, I ain't got all day."

Sitzkrieg
2009-08-24, 09:30 PM
Gerwin Mae, Human Cleric

"Alright everybody, listen up!" announces the red-haired boy as he brushes by the half-elf servant and steps into the dim tavern. His voice isn't deep, but he certainly seems very sure of himself. "It's time to grab your things and group together. I don't want anybody falling behind." As his eyes adjust to the darker lighting, he looks more closely at the assortment of diners. "Busy today, aren't we Varellian?" he calls to the half-elf working in the kitchens. He takes another glance around the room before sauntering over to the stained pine bar. Craning his neck to check for Varellian, he reaches over the bar and lifts a few bottles from the top shelf, tucking them into his backpack. "Varellian, hey, did you hear me? I mean you too, you know! Nobody's supposed to be here! If you have anybody sleeping upstairs you'd better go wake them up. We've got maybe a minute or two, tops!"

Diplomacy on Diners: [roll0]
Diplomacy on Varellian: [roll0]

JGMafia1
2009-08-24, 09:59 PM
Shiki

Shiki stands quickly to face the red haired guard."Leave? I have a shipment awaiting my pick-up." Shiki's hands wave wildly as Tethes stands to calm him. "What could possibly be so horrible that we must clear out?"

Shiace
2009-08-24, 11:19 PM
Nirav's mouth opens slightly as he takes in the sudden commotion.

What the bloody hell is this? How dare these trunk legged men barge in here to spoil my breakfast and my day. Hmm.. Wait a minute.. in the chaos that will likely ensue I could easily snatch something from somebody.

Nirav stands up and looks around for someone wearing loose clothing, but then the serious look on the red haired giant's face changes his mind. He sneaks near the corner of the counter and peeks behind, hoping all attention is on the red haired boy in armor. Maybe he can grab something from back here, a bottle or two of good ale perhaps... but as Nirav looks at the ginger again, he again decides this is not the time. Instead he looks up and says in the least self assured manner, "Just popped up to inquire, your tallness... sir... well I was just wondering... er, well... what the devil is this all about anyway?" Nirav then stares up blankly after this forced string of mumbles and grunts. It never ends does it? Just arrived last night and there's already trouble. It's one issue after another; I never have time to enjoy a morning in peace.

Mr Snufflewumps
2009-08-25, 10:27 AM
Frumourn

As the commotion begins to hit it's high point, Frumourn decides that he has two priorities, first off finishing his first true meal since his travels began, and second to figure out what the small ginger haired boy is so excited about. Frumourn takes his plate in his hand and continues to shovel down his breakfast while he turns to the young boy. He doesn't not even pause his chewing while he asks, "So my flame-haired friend, what is it thats got you all hot and bothered, I'd hate to leave my meal unfinished for something silly like a town census or a mayoral speech." Then realizing that his tone may be a bit to angry and unwarranted, Frumourn once again flashes his large smile, eating the remainder of his potatoes in the process.

Sitzkrieg
2009-08-26, 11:00 PM
Gerwin Mae, Human Cleric

Gerwin grabs another clay jug of wine and turns to face the agitated crowd, crossing his ankles and leaning against the bar. "Look, I don't know too much myself, just that it's not safe to stay in this district much longer." He lifts the jug to his mouth and rips the cork out with his teeth, spitting it onto the floor. "I'm just a Junior Patroller, you know? The real guards never tell us anything. But you don't have to take my word for it. Take a look outside. Ol' Smokey's fired up again. Could be Orcs coming, pirates, both maybe." He tips the jug, splashing the floor with red wine before taking a light swig himself. "Who knows? But I'll tell ya what, I wouldn't stick around waiting for fish and ships. We have to gather together and head downtown." He takes another glance towards the kitchens and gives another lazy shout. "Varellian, you deaf? Where the hell are you?"

Shiace
2009-08-26, 11:28 PM
Nirav's face darkens at the mention of orcs. "I'll kill every last one of those slimy thick headed bastards. They'll die as painful a death as I can give." He mutters. "Where are they? I'll send them straight to hell!"

Red Mage
2009-08-27, 01:02 AM
Fizzle
thump...
Thump.
Thump, THUMP.
THUMP
THUMP
THUMP
Colm, in the midst of the boisterous and disconcerting din, sat silently. He had hoped that the early morning commotion would die down so that he might "acquire" the man next to him, or at the least, rose to a point where he could "slip" away unoticed. Afterall, in a room full of "stalks" who would miss frail old Mr. Cinderburst?
Oh blimey. What in the seven hells is going on? All I wanted was this oak here to be my decoy. (glancing sideways at Frumourn) and then all these stalks had to go running amok shooting their bear-trap mouthes off. Feckin' hell.
THUMP
And then the final words of the junior patroller sank in...he was listening but not actually hearing. Fizzle tended to do that alot with stalks- if they were not impressive enough to either be used, or mangle him, they were not of any immeadiate concern...but something in this young sprouts tone rang true...and colm's mind began to writhe in fear.
THUMP
Every sense in colm's body, all the blood in his veins, all the thoughts in his head were screaming: take off, get out, RUN! WHAM! Panic hits like a bucket of water. First its the shock of it right in his face, but then its the agonizing every drip of panic he's drenched in running down like chills across a spine. Not one muscle can move. Colm begins to realize the very implications of what his imagination has conjured for the gravity of this situation. His now listless stare turns to the junior patroller. His eyes pervert into a raw and wretched scream of terror. HELP....ME pleads the gaze...but to no answer.
THUMP
He feels his heart breaking apart the very crest of his chest, a macabre rhythm of an unimaginable tempo. His voice catches in his throat. He cannot breath. His lungs ache, and the searing pain envelops him...tears well up in the very corners of cry for deliverence. and then suddenly...the foodgates open
THUMP

Red Mage
2009-08-27, 01:04 AM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!"

Red Mage
2009-08-27, 01:20 AM
A blood-curddling scream rips through the hollows of the room, as Colm rushes forward in a frenzy. Violently he (without thinking) grabs the loose portions of garment upon the junior patroller, and attempts to bring the boys face closer to his own.
His eyes are wild.
"Ditcha saye oerks boyo..?', his hands quivering with both adreneline and fear. Without giving him a chance to respond, colm continues in a spasmic intelegible slur of insanity.
"WASDEREALURGEBROODINBIRD SHE-OERK AD T' FRUNTO' DEM OERKSES? A GIOYANT WUMAN WIT LUNG SCRAGL'LA FAYSHUL HERR? a BIGGUN CRAYTURE DAHT 'AD DE LUKE ABOOT 'ER DAHT SHE WUS GONNA SODDIMIZE MEYH? HUH? HUH?"

"AN' STOOLK PIRIITS?? oH DEER DIVOINE. PUH' ME OOT TA ME MIS'RIE"
At this juncture and pause for air, Colm began to go into violent fits of weeping and high pitched squeaking. Rolling around on the floor, alternating
between begging the lad for mercy, and cursing his name.

Sitzkrieg
2009-08-27, 09:45 AM
Gerwin Mae, Human Cleric

The boy glances over to the halfling next to the bar and barely has time to nod in agreement before he is assaulted by the screamer in front of him. Shocked by the old halfling's speed and unexpected fury, Gerwin doesn't even have time to get into a battle position. His arms are thrown out to the sides by the violent thrashings and the clay jug smashes onto the bar above Nirav, dripping above his head. Gerwin isn't strong enough to resist being dragged down, and his crossed ankles send him sprawling hard onto his armored knees before his assailant. Frantically he starts wracking his brain trying to find some useful spell, but he has only prepared his basic thievery tools, nothing that would be useful. His fearful eyes lock onto the halfling's frenzied face, and thankfully the halfling breaks contact first. The boy's reeling brain is unable to comprehend the thick accent and wild gibberish, making the shouts only so much background noise. Wide-eyed, he pulls himself up with a stool and draws his crossbow, aiming the blunt face at the rolling drunk before him. "Who is this guy!?" he asks the watching crowd.

Mr Snufflewumps
2009-08-27, 01:28 PM
Frumourn
Oh gods, it's like he actually is a child or something Frumourn thinks while watching Colm wails at the out his gibberish. Only once the young patrolman draws his crossbow does Frumourn realize things are getting out of hand. Quickly he goes over to the sobbing halfling and stands between the patrolman and Colm. "Now I understand you're just about as seasoned as a child so lemme help you out a wink. First and foremost when you decide to give people news about an impending attack or somesuch, don't go pointing a weapon at the first poor sap who losses his wig a smidge." Frumourn gives a quick thump to Colms back, "and as for you're delivery, if you could possibly take things a bit more seriously, rather then stealing whiskey and leaning against the bar there all so high and mighty like, you may find that you're greeted with a more then obedient audience, but it seems to me like you may have been trying to make up for you're inexperience so I won't be going and faulting you for that, now real quick and precise-like, what be your name, where be the fire, and why should a group a folks like us need to be caring?"

JGMafia1
2009-08-27, 02:25 PM
Shiki

His father had always said that war was a boom for any merchants,, but only for those who are prepared to meet its changing markets. I still have the contracts so my shipments should be safe, so long as the warehouse remains intact. Shiki now had to protect Tethes. "You know how to pick them, don't you?" taking her hand and pulling her to the streets. "Come on..."
......Only to meet with resistance as Tethes refuses to budge, "No, let's help them out."
Shiki stares at her in annoyance, but quickly calms himself to face the taller human. "Sir, he is a guardsman if you faild to glance at his armor and most likely he was planning to lead the lot of us to a safe area of town." Skiki turns to face the guard, "Correct?"

Sitzkrieg
2009-08-27, 06:17 PM
Gerwin Mae, Human Cleric

Gerwin's face sours with the lecture. He nods at the merchant but looks to the armored human and lowers the crossbow. "Listen buddy, if you know who he is, then how about you focus on taking care of him, 'stead of me, okay? One of us seems to need your help more than the other." The joking in his voice is gone. "My name is Gerwin Mae, I'm a Junior Patroller at the NBUP. I'm here to gather a group and head downtown, where everybody is gathering. Something is happening in the city but I don't know much more, just that the signal fires are burning and we're safer downtown. Since you're obviously not from around here, maybe you don't know what that means. We don't need to freak out, but we do need to move. I'm sure there will be more information there." Gerwin looks directly to the younger halfling. "It seems like Varellian's bailed out of here already. Probably tucked his tail between his legs when the fires went up. Would you take a look around, see if anybody is sleeping upstairs? Dig around in the back for keys if you have to. Take that half-elf with you, if he hasn't run too." Turning back to the crowd, he adds: "As for the rest of us, try to get ready to move out. Keep your weapons close. We shouldn't have any trouble in a group like this but its best to be cautious."

Shiace
2009-08-27, 11:00 PM
Nirav

"Yeh be talkin' to me lad? Er well, yes I could duck in the back room there for a sec, be back in a jiffy I suppose. Don't worry about that other half-elf I'm sure he's run off... You all just head off for that downtown area was it? I'll be quick behind ye with any stragglers I might find."

Nirav rushes off to find the back room behind the counter.

Hefty Lefty
2009-08-27, 11:44 PM

From the kitchen, loud sounds of pots and pans clanging eminate. Varellian, soon appears in the dining area, carrying as many pans, ladels, and spices he can in his largest pot. He darts out the door; many contents of the pot spills onto the floor. The half-elf waiter drops his tray. Above the clang of the metal tray he yells, "No one's upstairs! I gotta take care a' this inn, or I'll be dead! No everyone," he points to the door, "Out!"

Red Mage
2009-08-28, 12:38 AM
FIzzle
Colm was calming now, and began to revive a grip on reality. Wiping his eyes clean, and straightening his long gray hair, he stands upright and screams:"WHUTSAPPENING!" right into the face of the the young Gerwin. With that he adjusts his collar and returns to his normal bubly self.

"Tanks fer da save der oakey me boyo," tapping the large barabarian stalk on the leg. "Oim a might betar neuw, roight goode, roight goode."

Colm now turns to Gerwin again, "Surry bout daht boyo, I meh bay quick ta tehmpur and froight, boot oim a stand-oop surserrur whhen pressed, aye dat i yam and I pitty da man daht seh enytin aggin' it."
All I need to do is appear stable, just so that i might use these stalkies for fodder. Whatever is comming (god forbid its my wife) between my skills and this lots "large surface area," i should be safe. "Leeed an' I shall fullow you me gooode mastur," says Colm as he bows and tips his feathery hat.

Mr Snufflewumps
2009-08-28, 08:35 AM
Frumourn

Glad to see Colm acting almost like a normal person, That Colm never really was normal was he... well I say that gives the man character. Frumourn's smile returns, just as big and bright as ever. "Well I do believe I may be owing you a bit of an apology matey," He says as he turns back to Gerwin "You see I just don't like seeing people in distress when it can be avoided. Now then, about that following you to someplace for something, I'm all for it" Frumourn gives Gerwin his unknowingly hard pat on the shoulder and then begins to walk towards the door, only waiting for everyone else to join him before leaving the inn.

Shiace
2009-08-28, 01:07 PM
Nirav ducks out of the way as Varellian bursts out from the kitchen area. He then heads for the door grimacing as memories of orcs flash through his mind. "I'll kill them orc basterds", he mutters, and shuffles between the towering legs around him and out the door.

JGMafia1
2009-08-28, 04:20 PM
Shiki

"Downtown it is then," Shiki leaves the tavern still clutching Tethes' hand. That's what I get for doing business on a Sunday, recalling his most recent deal. He makes his way the the hopeful "safety" of downtown.

Sitzkrieg
2009-08-28, 07:10 PM
Gerwin Mae, Human Cleric

Accepting that Colm's erratic nature isn't a true threat, Gerwin gives him a small puzzled nod and mutters, "No problem. It's nice to meet you, too." To the tall human, he simply adds, "Thanks."
With Frumorn and Nirav already out the door, and the merchant helping his wife out, Gerwin gives one more glance around the empty Port and Starboard. He eyes the fine whiskeys on the shelf behind the bar, but sighs and stalks out behind the others, keeping his eyes open for danger as he herds them down the street.

Hefty Lefty
2009-08-29, 10:21 AM
Atana - City Streets

The streets of Atana are barren as the group, led by Junior Patroller Gerwin Mae, leaves Port and Starboard. The townspeople, guardsmen, and fishermen have all gone. Suddenly, a large group of about twenty villagers led by two guards on horseback round a corner. Another group equal in size and make-up rounds a corner across town. Both groups head in opposite directions - both out of the city.

Atana - Residential District

The group eventually makes its way to the residential district in downtown Atana. Groups such as the two seen earlier are seen just departing. A few people can be seen dashing from their house trying to catch up to their group. The guard Gerwin Mae was with earlier is nowhere to be seen.

Mr Snufflewumps
2009-08-29, 12:49 PM
Frumourn
"Well Gerwin, it seems like this side of the city is about as safe as a lions den, if the people running all over helter skelter are any hint. What do you suppose we do now?" Frumourn asks looking out towards the beacons on the hills, wondering what could be coming towards them.

Shiace
2009-08-29, 03:17 PM
Nirav

"Well this is quite a scene.. what do you, er.. suppose we do now?" Nirav scans the downtown streets before him and the crowds of people, searching for loose clothing..

JGMafia1
2009-08-29, 04:35 PM
Shiki

Shiki has some otherworldly urge to ask the exact same question as his previous two companions. "So Guardsman, what now?"

Sitzkrieg
2009-08-30, 12:53 AM
I'm not a guardsman, I'm a Junior Patroller...I'm a glorified sash. Refusing to loose his cool, Gerwin keeps his face steady. It looks to me like we're running late. No big deal. We'll just follow one of the other groups. C'mon." He begins hustling after the nearest group, looking for someone in charge.

Hefty Lefty
2009-08-30, 09:30 AM
Atana - Residential District

The groups leaving the city are organized as such. One guardsman on horseback leading the pack, the villagers, and one guardsman behind. When Gerwin approaches from the rear, the back guardsman stops him.
"Stop!" The guard swings his horse around to face the red-haired boy with the sash. "We have enough rations for a group half this size! You'll have to find somewhere else." The guard almost turns around when he notices the Junior Patroller emblem. "You're a Junior Patroller? Go find Raniero Tore, he'll set you up with a group." The guardsman casually looks back to check the progress of his group - far away from him. "Ah sh*t." He turns his horse back around and races off.

Sitzkrieg
2009-09-01, 10:07 AM
Gerwin Mae, Human Cleric

What an ass...he could have let us follow him at least, Gerwin thinks to himself. Alone in the middle of a rapidly evacuating city is not making him feel friendly. "Just so you know, Raniero Tore is on the guard. He's the one I came to the Port and Starboard with. If we have to find him, we should go..." Glancing around the familiar streets, Gerwin realizes he has no idea where Raniero would be. "...this way. Definitely." He points south-west towards the market district. At least we can get out through the gate if we need to.

Hefty Lefty
2009-09-01, 12:00 PM
Atana - Market District

The market district is a similar scene. Groups are far from the center of the district. The windows of shops are boarded up and stalls on the roadsides have been deserted; the goods of which are still sitting on top of the tables. A guard on a white horse can be seen in the center, without a group to lead. Even from a distance of fifty yards, the ruby hanging from his neck shines brightly.

Shiace
2009-09-01, 01:06 PM
Nirav

"Er, if I'm not mistaken, that looks like our man."

Sitzkrieg
2009-09-01, 05:19 PM
Gerwin Mae, Human Cleric
"Look at this. I can't believe the vendors left their stuff out. If it's pirates, they'll have one heck of an easy time with it. Unless that guard intends to stop them." When Nirav comments on the horseman himself, Gerwin nods. "He is now, anyway. Let's head over."

Hefty Lefty
2009-09-01, 06:54 PM
Atana - Market District

The guard on horseback circles around, panning his surroundings. When he sees the group, he races over. "Damnit Mae where have you been? When I say 'Do it in two minutes,' you do it in one!"

Sitzkrieg
2009-09-02, 09:58 PM
Gerwin Mae, Human Cleric

"Sorry, sir. Of course. I've brought everyone that was at the Port and Starboard. Where do we need to go?"

Hefty Lefty
2009-09-03, 07:51 AM
Atana - Market District

The guard rubs the bridge of his nose with his fingers. "Ugh," he sighs, "You were supposed to get here earlier and leave with an Evac. Group." Raniero Tore looks around the market area to find that there is litterally no one left; the guards have evacuated the city efficiently. "You need to come with me. I can take you to a safe place in Vaylindal, but..." He picks up the ruby from his chain and stares into it, "I've got some business you'll have to accompany me for."

Mr Snufflewumps
2009-09-03, 08:40 AM
Frumourn
Frumourn, having been listening to this entire conversation, decides to finally pitch in. "Excuse me sir, but why do I get the feeling that this business of yours is going to be a bit more enjoyable then shopping for produce after the harvest?"

Hefty Lefty
2009-09-04, 08:54 PM
Atana - Market District

Raniero looks quizically at Frumourn. "I'm not sure how to answer that. This won't be enjoyable at all, I can promise you all." The guard circles the group. "I see you all are armed. I hope you know how to defend yourselves properly. The road to Vaylindal may be dangerous. But we can't stay here. Let's move."

((If you go off with Raniero, please declare party order. Raniero demands that he leads. After all, he knows the way.))

Sitzkrieg
2009-09-05, 09:31 AM
Relieved to be rid of the authority position, Gerwin follows Raniero but sulks in the back, avoiding eye contact.

Mr Snufflewumps
2009-09-05, 11:32 AM
Frumourn

Frumourn ears perk at the sound of danger and he decides it would be good to get some of the old kinks out, he follows after Raniero with a purpose, almost jogging to catch up to him at the beginning.

Shiace
2009-09-05, 08:16 PM
Nirav

Nirav quietly follows

JGMafia1
2009-09-06, 10:06 AM
Shiki

How do I get out of this one? Shiki is lost in thought as he follows the crowd through the empty streets. My cargo is lost now, it will either be looted by whatever enemy approaches or used by the city's defenders. At least I haven't payed for it yet. Right now I just need to get Tethes to safety. On that last thought he looks up and can't see Tethes next to him. Oh ****, tell me Fharlanghn hasn't led her astray. A look of terror crosses his face.
Only to turn to surprise as he hears her voice. She now walks beside the halfling dressed in red, bearing a symbol of Pelor. "That's an interesting faith for a halfling to be following. Any particular reason for it?" She smiles with that beautiful grace Shiki adores.

Red Mage
2009-09-06, 07:13 PM
Fizzle

Colm "Fizzle" Cinderburst shudders and scurries to the center of the pack, hoping to be surrounded by the whole lot of them. What in the seven hells have i gotten in to?

"C'mon den lads, wes bess on ur way" squeaks colm, hoping to get his potential shields rallied around him

Hefty Lefty
2009-09-07, 01:22 AM
Atana - City Limits

Guardsman Raniero Tore leads the group through small side roads and forest trails. When asked where the party is headed, he glances down at another pendant on his chain - a bronze compass. "We're headed to The Cave of Reconaissance and Research. This headquarters is located directly on the Udoaver/Coremita border. It'll be a two day trek if we walk around the mountains, along the cliffs of Loko River, instead of over them." He picks up his ruby as his steed gently strolls on. "Our best minds believe that Udoaver has someone taken control of a mighty dragon. This gem," he raises the glowing ruby towards the group, "holds the key to breaking Udoaver's domination of the dragon. We can only hope that the dragon will seek revenge on it's capitors once we free it."The guardsman rides his gleaming white horse over a small hill, and soon the mountains are in view. The woodland vegetation is starting to subside and the ground loses it's soft green grass in exchange for rough brown rock. "I asked you if you are capable fighters for a reason. These mountains are normally an unsafe place; riddled with thieving gangs. With the invasion, the area is more dangerous than ever. Regardless, this route is still safer than travelling along the main road. There, we would be killed by thieves for sure, or worse, followed. Keep your guard, everyone." The guardsman's gaze diverts from it's general span of the party to directly at Shiki. "And you; keep hers." The hills are now becoming less undulating and more craggy. The rushing water of the Loko River can just barely be heard.

((The party order is, from front to back: Raniero Tore, Frumourn, Gerwin Mae, Nivrav, Shiki, and finally Colm. This assortment can be edited via discussion in the OOC thread if neccessary.))

Shiace
2009-09-08, 10:27 PM
Nirav

This just get's worse as it goes on. I'll never be able to meet up with Arkan at this rate. "Er, Mr. Tore, er.. sir? My name is Nirav, by the way, and I was just wondering what the devil is happening here. Is the city under some sort of attack?"

Hefty Lefty
2009-09-08, 10:55 PM
Coremita Mountains

"No, we're all taking a f*cking vacation," the guard sighs, then looks down at the diminutive Nivrav. "Yes, the city is under attack. Udoaver has been on our borders for months now, and it was only a matter of time until they crossed over the mountains. Brelyassa is sending an army to fend off the invasion for a... as long as they can. But we've... never had much luck against whatever forces they bring..." Raniero looks up into the sky, away from the party. After a short time, he continues, "But that's where this comes in," he again holds up the ruby. "Whatever secret this holds can save men from untimely death. We can only pray Pelor helps us soon."

Sitzkrieg
2009-09-08, 11:08 PM
Gerwin Mae, Human Cleric

During the journey, Gerwin starts up a conversation with Nivrav and is able to chat amiably for over an hour, sharing some personal details of his life.

"I've been at the University for six years now... ...plenty of time in the city, got to know the in's and out's pretty well... ...not much at the mace, personally, but I can always rely on my crossbow... ...right, Pelor will surely protect us... ...always just got by on luck, actually... ...Southern Brelyassa, near Brookhaven... ...nice to get away for a while... ...Me? Scared? You must be joking..."

Mr Snufflewumps
2009-09-08, 11:40 PM
Frumourn

While Gerwin chats up Nivrav he decides that it is finally time to get to know the rest of the group too.
"O well me I come from way up north with my tribe, ended up exiled because the stiff-necked elders couldn't seem to take a little joke...Draconic blood flows through our tribes blood and we consider ourselves the stronger for it...don't know much about anything really, just spent my time out in the wilds all my life, this was the first city i've ever been in...I haven't gotten any real exercise yet today and this trip sounds like a good bit o' fun to me"

Shiace
2009-09-08, 11:40 PM
Nirav

Udoaver... Flashbacks of orcs burning his home flood Nirav's mind. Those bastards. They follow me everywhere, don't they? Just ruining my life. He grimaces and puts his hand on his rapier's hilt.

Although rather quiet and startled by the seemingly friendly nature of the man beside him, Nirav does his best to be congenial and polite to Gerwin, and is soon engaged in a pleasant conversation.

"The university you say? I was there a few years ago on...personal business. I haven't been in this city much. Just briefly a few times... ...I prefer a rapier and dagger. They are light and do the job... ...Pelor? We aren't on very good terms... ...I have had the worst of luck... ...It was a small village near the border of Udoaver. Not much left to see now I'm afraid... ...I'm 27, just coming out of my tweens... ...I spent a lot of time in other cities, moved around a lot... ...My blood is boiling. Anything that crosses paths with us is dead..."

JGMafia1
2009-09-09, 10:44 AM
Accepting the situation as it is, Shiki avoids the rest of the motley crew and spends his time chatting with Tethes in Elven.
"I guess leaving home wasn't the safest idea ever," he says with a sigh, "but it's not like my life would be even better. Not with my prospects looking so grim."
"Don't say that, your family loves you and your father I'm sure prays for your safe return each night."
"Ha, not likely. He practically kicked me out the door with even less the gear he started out when he began as a merchant. I was an expense consuming food and wasting funds. There's no love there."
"You underestimate the feelings of a parent. I'm sure he misses you."
"Well maybe," Shiki doesn't believe this, "but I'll show him. I'll come home someday with more wealth than he could ever have hoped to make." I just need to wait for the right opportunity.
Shiki eyes the jeweled pendant hanging from the guard's neck, then shakes his head. No murder, I'm honest enough to keep my soul pure at least.

Red Mage
2009-09-10, 07:53 PM
Colm

Staring at his feet, Colm Cinderburst attempts to catch his breath. Where did i go wrong this morning???. It was an answer that was impossible to come by....all of the sudden he was thrust into another world of potential anguish and disatser. He wanted to be anywhere else. my misstress, deliver me... He glances at the heathen idol round his neck, beneth mixed folds of his red overcoat and his greying locks. What a life i've had...

He turns now to Tethes, realizing he had been ignoring everyone in his paranoia.

Surry me luv, i 'adent rulized datchu 'ad assed me a kesten, Do ya wurrhshup Peyyler ursef den? Aye, tis a wee bit oood dat a wee wun sooch as meeself whhuld wuurhsip de oo so shinny one, ya tis. Bute life ave learnt is a tad mer froighting and cumplecks den one as loovly as ursef whuld eeemagin.

Hefty Lefty
2009-09-10, 09:52 PM
Coremita Mountains

The group of evacuates, led by Raniero Tore, calmly walk into the mountains. The grassy fields and rolling hills turn to brown, craggy rocks. The crashing Loko River is heard from hundreds of yards away. After another hour of walking, the river is in sight - one hundred feet below the skinny side pass Raniero has led the party on. "If we go around the mountains," he explains, "we'll get across these mountains faster." That mountain pass varies from wide (forty feet) to dangerously thin (five feet at some points). Rough cliff walls line one side of the pass, the river, of course, on the other.

At a certain point, the pass begins to narrow down to five feet. "Careful, everyone." The guard takes the lead. The path splits off to the right, but it is just as thin. On the left, the sheer cliff wall breaks, and a gradual slope leads up to a small upper level. As the guardsman manages his horse across a narrow five-foot ledge, a small twang can be heard by Frumourn, right behind him. Before anyone has time to react, a large tree stump nailed to a swinging beam collides into the guard on horseback. He yells as his horse whinneys in pain and begins to stumble off balance. When the back legs of the horse try to stabilize on the cliff's edge, a piece of the rock wall gives way. The horse's back right leg slips off. The guard loses his balance and rolls off the horse, down off the ledge. After the sudden shift in weight, the horse, too, loses control and falls down to the depths below. Frumourn, peering down, can see that the two did not land in the racing Loko River, but instead on a ledge fifty feet down. From the ledge to the left, high-pitched cackling can be heard. Five small scaly humanoids run from a cave up on the ledge. Two brandish spears, three weild light crossbows.

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u285/HeftyLefty40/KoboldCaveTurn0.png

((We are now in combat! Everyone roll initiative in the OOC thread.))

Hefty Lefty
2009-09-11, 06:18 PM
Coremita Mountains

Kobold 1 moves south and shoots at Shiki.

Light Crossbow Attack - [roll0]
Light Crossbow Damage - [roll1]

Kobold 2 aims down the ledge and shoots at Frumourn.

Light Crossbow Attack - [roll2]
Light Crossbow Damage - [roll3]

Kobold 3 and Kobold 4 charge down the mountain ridge and attack Frumourn.

Kobold 3 Spear Attack - [roll4]
Kobold 3 Spear Damage - [roll5]

Kobold 4 Spear Attack - [roll6]
Kobold 4 Spear Damage - [roll7]

Kobold 5 shoots down off the ledge at Colm.

Light Crossbow Attack - [roll8]
Light Crossbow Damage - [roll9]

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u285/HeftyLefty40/KoboldCaveTurn1.png

((Everyone, remember that you cannot preview your posts before you post them if they include rolls.))

Hefty Lefty
2009-09-11, 06:27 PM
(( Statistics

Shiki is reduced to 1 out of 6 hit points.

Frumourn is reduced to 7 out of 15 hit points.

Colm is reduced to 2 out of 6 hit points. ))

((There is no initiative order. Everyone will post at the leisure (within 3 days).))

Mr Snufflewumps
2009-09-11, 07:04 PM
Frumourn

Frumourn feels a blind rage come over him as he begins to lose control of his actions. He pulls his great sword off his back and flies into an attack at the nearest Kolbold.

Attack against Kobold 3
[spoiler]Frumourn goes into rage +4 to str and con
Attack Roll:
Damage: [roll]2d6+8

If I kill it I shall cleave the other other Kobold in two

Attack vs. Kobold 4
[spoiler]Attack Roll: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

JGMafia1
2009-09-12, 12:54 PM
Crap. "Get back!" drawing his crossbow as he moves. Shiki backs up, sliding past Colm and moving to the far right side of the cliff, loading, and firing his crossbow at the nearest live kobold. Tethes meanwhile is behind him the whole time, taking cover behind him.
Attack 1d20+3
Damage 1d8

JGMafia1
2009-09-12, 12:57 PM
here are my rolls for that attack since I forgot to put in damage and messed it up when I went back to edit it. I had a 14 but I'll roll again.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Red Mage
2009-09-12, 08:25 PM
COLM

This can't be happening
Colm's eyes go wide as he realizes that he has been devastatingly struck...
I've been shot...bleeding hellllll, them bastards are trying to kill me... I have to get out of here alive!!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Colm takes a five foot step backwards and away from the aggressors, and pulls out his teensy little light crossbow.
He extends his right hand while shouting hysterically and lets fly a magic missile at Kobold number 5 (the one that shot him)

[roll0]

Shiace
2009-09-13, 02:38 PM
Nirav

Nirav dashes in front of Frumourn, on top of Kobold 3, drawing his rapier in the process. "Gonna kill them basterds," he mutters under his breath as he passes by Frumourn and prepares to proceed up the rocky pathway to the ledge.

Sitzkrieg
2009-09-13, 08:54 PM
Gerwin Mae, Human Cleric

Oh sh*t! is Gerwin's only rational thought as he sees Captain Tore tumble off the cliff edge. No more than four seconds pass before he is able to move as his companions spring into action around him, but as his body's fight responses kick in it almost feels more like the seconds are measured in days. Seeing the vile creatures shoot a bolt into the stomach of the defenseless old halfling is more than even his unconscious mind will tolerate, however, and he springs forward diagonally to stand directly in front of the injured and unarmored friend. Crouching to shield the small fellow with his own body, Gerwin also turns the winch to load a standard bolt into his crossbow. "Stay behind me!" he shouts to the halfling.

5-foot step into square occupied by Colm(Fr), Crouch(Fr), Load heavy crossbow(Std)

Hefty Lefty
2009-09-14, 12:37 AM
Coremita Mountains

Kobolds 2 and 3 recieve Attacks of Opportunities on Frumourn, activated by him drawing a weapon but not first moving 5 feet.

Kobold 2 Spear Attack - [roll0]
Kobold 2 Spear Damage - [roll1]

Kobold 3 Spear Attack - [roll2]
Kobold 3 Spear Damage - [roll3]

Hefty Lefty
2009-09-14, 12:41 AM
(( Statistics

Frumourn is reduced to 5 out of 15 hit points.

Kobold 2 is dropped.

Kobold 3 is dropped.

Kobold 5 is reduced 5 hit points. ))

Hefty Lefty
2009-09-14, 01:16 AM
Coremita Mountains

The beady eyes of the kobolds widen and one of the creatures shrieks in terror when two of his commrades are slain by the mighty blade of Frumourn. They feverishly reload their light crossbows and take aim upon the intruders on their slope.

Kobold 1 reloads light crossbow (Move Action) and fires at Frumourn (Standard Action).

Kobold 1 Light Crossbow Attack - [roll0]
Kobold 1 Light Crossbow Damage - [roll1]

Kobold 2 reloads light crossbow (Move Action) and fires at Frumourn (Standard Action).

Kobold 2 Light Crossbow Attack - [roll2]
Kobold 2 Light Crossbow Damage - [roll3]

Kobold 5 reloads light crossbow (Move Action) and fires at Nivrav (Standard Action).

Kobold 5 Light Crossbow Attack - [roll4]
Kobold 5 Light Crossbow Damage - [roll5]

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u285/HeftyLefty40/KoboldCaveTurn2.png

Sitzkrieg
2009-09-14, 02:36 PM
Gerwin Mae, Human Cleric

What a battle frenzy! Surely he's not...but he is a foreigner...

Determined not to let his earlier cowardice interfere with the survival of his newfound companions, Gerwin shifts forward five feet and chooses a target. One seems particularly occupied with Frumorn's back, so Gerwin releases a bolt, point-blank, at a kobold's eager face. "Stay close!" he warns Colm.

Five-foot step weast (Fr), Rise from crouch (Mv), Attack Enemy 2 with crossbow (Std)
Point Blank shot applies
Attack roll: [roll0]
Damage: (big money) [roll1]

ugh...preview'd

Sitzkrieg
2009-09-14, 02:38 PM
Attack roll: [roll0]

Red Mage
2009-09-14, 04:11 PM
COlM

HE MOVED AWAY!!!? First hes willing to take the bolt and now he wants me to MOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE???!!! Colm cant even understand teh idea of moving closer and into a battle. These stalks and junk are bleedin' suicidal!!! I have a BOLT IN MY GUT!

NOOOOO NOOOO WAEHHHHHHT WE AVE T'GIT OOOT O' 'ERE!!!!!

Colm takes a 5-foot-step (diagonally backwards) behind the "rock?"
and lets fly a magic missile at #5 again.
[roll0]

Mr Snufflewumps
2009-09-14, 04:47 PM
Frumourn
Without thinking or feeling the sting of the crossbow bolts in his back, Frumourn looks around for the next Kobold he can kill. Up the ramp a little ways he sees his next target. Without even realizing Nirav is there, Frumourn quickly darts around him and puts all his strength into killing the already injured Kobold.

5-ft step behind Nirav (Fr), 5-ft step into the square between Kobold 5 and Nirav.
Attack Roll: [roll0]

Shiace
2009-09-14, 11:19 PM
Nirav

Nirav races past Frumourn and the fallen Kobold to attack the next Kobold on the cliff. "Arrgh!" He screams as he gives a powerful jab with his razor sharp rapier to the creature who's size is comparable to his own.

Attack:[roll0]
Runs to Kobold 1(Mv). Yells "Arrgh!" (Fr). Stabs at Kobold with rapier (Std).

JGMafia1
2009-09-15, 07:44 AM
Shiki reloads quickly and scans for another target, but right now all of them are in close combat with someone. Too risky, I could hit one of them and they're already wounded. Instead he clears his throat and hands the crossbow off to Tethes. He stands tall and with a booming voice speaks, "Stand firm ye boys from Atana. The fight's not over yet and neither is the war to come. For whatever reason, be it money, glory, or a sense of duty each of us is now bound to complete this quest. We must see this gem delivered or all would be lost. I don't have to tell you what would happen then, and I certainly don't wish to be remembered as someone who failed not just themselves, but this very continent. These challenges may seem hard but they are not impossible. We will prevail here today, gods be my witness!"

Loads crossbow (move), passes crossbow (free), Inspires courage (standard)
Perform: [roll0]
Now everyone has a =1 to attack rolls regardless of how badly I speak.

Hefty Lefty
2009-09-15, 02:15 PM
Coremita Mountains

Kobold 5 is assaulted by Colm's magical missiles and falls. The last two reptilians fearfully watch as another friend is taken out. However, their confidence is restored as the attacks of their opponents miss all around them. Rapiers bounce off leather armor and crossbow bolts fly by high and away. The kobolds cackle again as they run back into the cave from whence they came.

Kobolds 1 and 2 withdraw into the cave.

(( The cave is the opening on the left, which may be hard to see. Since Frumourn is still in rage, we are still in combat. ))

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u285/HeftyLefty40/KoboldCaveTurn3-1.png

Sitzkrieg
2009-09-15, 10:23 PM
Gerwin Mae, Human Cleric

"Whoah, slow down, alright?" Gerwin says to the bloodlusting warrior while hurrying up the ramp to help the man before he falls. Even with his talents for words, Gerwin seems unsure of himself, showing his nervousness by jamming a hand into his pocket. Pelor's sake, how is he staying up? Holding his sun amulet at arm's length, he begins concentrating. Please, deliver. His eyes go wide as he realizes the injured man isn't about to fall over. In fact, he seems like he's about to...

5 words (Fr), Move to square two north of Nirav (Mv), Technically, Ready action to cast cure light wounds on Frumorn if he gets close enough to touch (Std)

Sitzkrieg
2009-09-15, 10:30 PM
..."Gotcha!" he shouts as he jumps up and his right hand, swiping over the ledge, just barely brushes the man's heel, releasing a burst of white light as the man turns and sprints away.

This is my roll if John accepts my readied action and specifies that he steps within range of my hands. [roll0]

Now that we're here,
It's so far away
All the struggle we thought was in vain
All the mistakes,
One life contained
They all finally start to go away
Now that we're here its so faaar awaaayyyyy....

Shiace
2009-09-16, 12:41 AM
Nirav

Nirav approaches the entrance of the cave and begins to hide and move silently against the wall where he hopes he won't be seen from within. Going to check on these bastards. That tall fellow seems quite enraged at the moment, and hurt as well. In fact he looks quite terrible, could collapse any second really...

Hide Check: [roll0]
Move Silently: [roll1]

Mv:To entrance of cave
Std: hide/move silently?

Mr Snufflewumps
2009-09-16, 03:36 PM
Frumourn
Frumourn, still blinded by the rage that has overtaken him, watches while the two kobolds remaining retreat into the cave. He does not feel the wounds he has sustained, he does not hear the warnings from his comrades. All he sees is red and all he hears is his own heart pounding away in his ears. Frumourn immediately charges headlong after the Kobolds into the cave, waiting to shred them both to pieces

Frumourn travels double speed into the cave

Red Mage
2009-09-16, 04:12 PM
COLM

I Can't be left alone here!!! Colm sprints forward as far as he can, preparing for the hell ahead....

Moves 20 ft. towards mouth of cave (mv)
Casts Mage armour on himself (std)

JGMafia1
2009-09-16, 07:56 PM
Well sh*t I'm not going in there. Not in the state we're in. Shiki moves the ledge overlooking the cave, while drawing a dagger. Tethes follows behind him and takes the blade from him. The both ready to attack any unfriendly creature that emerges.
Hustle to the ledge while drawing a weapon (move), Ready action (standard)

Shiace
2009-09-16, 08:34 PM
Nirav

Nirav sees Frumourn rush past him into the dark depths before him. Rather confused, he peers in after him.

Hefty Lefty
2009-09-17, 12:11 AM
Coremita Mountains

The party splits; the enraged beast and the slippery halfling take to the cave as the rest of the group basks in the sunlight of the warm day. The rock walls are a tad uncomfortable to the touch as they have been baking in the bright sun all day. Kobolds lay fallen on the ground, too weak to stand but too resiliant to die. Their blood already begins to create a foul stench in the heat.

Coremita Mountains - A Cave

Frumourn races ahead of the stealthy Nivrav and sprints right past a fork in the cave. The cave has relatively good lighting; the large arching entrance grants enough sunlight to see deep into the cave, until the first wall about twenty feet in. Nivrav, listening closely to the sound of his own feet in order to assure silence, can barely hear reptilian chatter over the crunching of pebbles under Frumourn's massive stomping.

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u285/HeftyLefty40/DnDKoboldCaveTurn4.png

Shiace
2009-09-17, 01:23 PM
Nirav

Dodging back and forth among the shadows and crags in the cave, Nirav continues to slowly and silently make his way into its depths. Moving quietly is made easier by the booming echoes of the lumbering giant ahead of his. He reaches a fork and decides to follow the sounds of the enraged lunatic in front of him. Better to stick close; safety often comes with numbers. If we are attacked he might deal some hefty damage, even though he's on his last leg, and he'll at least cause a distraction. Nirav keeps his eyes open for enemies as he moves forward and listens carefully to ensure the silence of his own footsteps and the surrounding cave.

Search: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]
Mv: Move 20 feet down left side
Std: Search/Listen

Shiace
2009-09-17, 07:29 PM
Nirav

Hide: [roll0]
Mv: Move 10 feet down left side while hiding and moving silently.
Std: Search/Listen

Red Mage
2009-09-18, 12:15 AM
Colm

Colm hustles as far as he can towards the mouth of the cave

Colm hustles 40 ft. forward (Mv x 2)

JGMafia1
2009-09-19, 08:08 PM
Shiki

Shiki moves also to the cave's entrance with Tethes following behind him. They both take positions to the side of the entrance which offer cover.

Hustle 40 ft to the left (Shiki) and right (Tethes) cave entrances.

Sitzkrieg
2009-09-21, 08:56 PM
Gerwin Mae, Human Cleric

Damnit. That man is going to die. I could have caught him...

Slipping into introspection, Gerwin stares in horror as the rest of his party rushes by.

I'll never catch up now, he's too fast...

Turning away from the cave, Gerwin shuffles a pebble off the edge of the cliff, then his eyes go wide as it hits long before it ought to. He steps to the edge and sees an outcropping of rock not too far below, and whatever is resting on it...

Gerwin takes one step closer to the edge (and he's about to break) and looks down at Raniero

[roll0]

Sitzkrieg
2009-09-21, 09:01 PM
Spot Check: [roll0]

Mr Snufflewumps
2009-09-21, 10:36 PM
Frumourn

As Frumourn barrels further and further into the cave he slowly begins to feel....something. Something in the back of his mind tells him that he should stop, turn back, find someone to help him. in a second all of his thoughts are once again blocked out by a red blur as he continues down the path.
Frumourn continues running down the path 40 ft

Hefty Lefty
2009-09-22, 12:00 AM
Coremita Mountains

The red-headed Junior Patroller leans over the edge to peer down off the cliff. About fifty feet down, Raniero's body is seen pinned under his white horse. A large pool of blood covers the small platform their bodies rest on.

The group, scattered, makes its way through the cave. As the enraged Frumourn careens around the corner, he makes his way into a room full of scaly kobolds. Two kobolds from the outside, earlier, climb down off the twenty foot ledge to the cave floor below. Four other reptilians litter the cave landscape. Two of these kobolds fire their crossbows at the intruding Frumourn.

Kobold 1, with a readied action, fires at Frumourn.

Kobold 2, with a readied action, fires at Frumourn.

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u285/HeftyLefty40/KoboldCaveTurn5.png

Hefty Lefty
2009-09-22, 12:52 PM
(( Statistics

Frumourn is reduced to -3 out of 17 temporary hit points (-5 out of 15 hit points) and falls unconscious. ))

Hefty Lefty
2009-09-22, 12:54 PM
Coremita Mountains

From outside the cave entrance, the sound of kobold cheers can be slightly heard.

When the raging barbarian finally falls, the kobolds' chatter reaches a high-pitched screeching. Two kobolds on the cave floor raise their spears in triumph. One kobold on the far ledge shouts a command above the victory roar, and the two climbers begin scrambling back up the cliffside. While one makes it up to the top, the other, however, is not so lucky and slips and falls twenty feet down. The kobold lands upside down on his neck, but the bone crunching cannot be heard above the voices echoing in the cave.

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u285/HeftyLefty40/KoboldCaveTurn6.png

Sitzkrieg
2009-09-22, 01:47 PM
Gerwin Mae, Human Cleric

He landed?!

Not wasting a second, Gerwin whips around and runs as fast as he can towards the rest of the group. His eyes scanning frantically, he's shouting all the way at a mile a minute.
"You! Merchant! He's alive! Alive! Help him! I'll get the others!"

40 feet towards the cave puts Gerwin just inside the entrance

Mr Snufflewumps
2009-09-22, 03:11 PM
Frumourn

The last two hits were just too much for Frumourn's body to handle and he instantly falls unconscious to the ground, bleeding from his multiple wounds

4 get, [roll0]

Shiace
2009-09-22, 05:38 PM
Nirav

Nirav hears the whistling of arrows and a crash. He assumes the lumbering fool has collapsed in front of him. He rushes forward and ducks behind the wall of the cave ten feet away from the fallen Frumourn, hoping the Kobolds in the cavern before him didn't see him in the midst of chaos with their attention focused on the enraged man.

MV: Move 25 Feet and stop behind corner of the cave where the Kobolds can't see him.

JGMafia1
2009-09-24, 04:04 PM
Shiki

Shiki looks back and forth, once at the cave entrance and then at the cliffside. It's too dangerous in there. It'd be insane to drag more people into that cave. "Take this," handing Tethes his crossbow. He moves to the cliff's edge. How in the world am I going to get him?

Shiki moves 30 ft to the cliff's edge. Tethes takes cover behind a rock and readies to shoot at any kobold in range

Red Mage
2009-09-25, 11:02 AM
Oi! what in the bleedin hells am i doing in this focking cave... Colm hurries close behind the fellow halfling as he stealthfully makes his way through the cave. The sounds of the kobolds become louder....Was that tree cut down....ohhhhh shhhhhite

Colm moves 20 ft. forward (mv) and loads crossbow (std)

Hefty Lefty
2009-09-25, 11:25 AM

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u285/HeftyLefty40/KoboldCaveTurn7.png

Hefty Lefty
2009-09-25, 11:39 AM

The kobold at the top of the ledge hurriedly loots the fallen barbarians' body. The kobold squats on top of Frumourn; his scaly skin is cold and wet. It quickly raises the great sword that has slain two of his kind. He lifts it above his head, gives out a piercing victory screech, then tosses it down the twenty foot ledge to the kobolds watching below.

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u285/HeftyLefty40/KoboldCaveTurn8.png

Shiace
2009-09-26, 04:14 PM
Nirav

Nirav hears shuffling and cries of victory from a Kobold just around the corner. Without a moment to spare, he hurries around the corner, drawing his rapier in the process, and attempts to catch the Kobold off guard. Remembering the brave words of the human merchant with the strange woman, he jabs forward as hard as his quick Halfling arms will allow and tries to kill the surprised creature before him.

Movement: Move around corner in front of Kobold
Free: Draw rapier while running
Std: Attack kobold

-Inspire courage still in affect-
Sneak Attack: [roll2]

Shiace
2009-09-26, 04:20 PM
Nirav

Nirav's attack strikes true and even he is surprised by the power of his small rapier's attack.

Critical Hit x2: [roll0]

Hefty Lefty
2009-09-26, 05:56 PM
(( Statistics

Nivrav's sharp rapier pierces through the squishy flesh of the kobold's knee cap. Much blood flows.

Kobold 5 has been dropped. ))

Mr Snufflewumps
2009-09-26, 06:05 PM
Frumourn
Frumourn lies on the ground, with the dead kobold lying on top of him, blood oozing out of his multiple wounds, his heartbeat begins to slow as he approaches the black oblivion of the afterlife

4 get *cross fingers* [roll0]

Sitzkrieg
2009-09-27, 03:04 PM
Gerwin Mae, Human Cleric

We need a rope. We can still save him.

Gerwin is about to start shouting for Nirav and the rest of his spelunking companions when he hears the sounds of warring kobolds from up ahead. He makes sure his crossbow is ready and does his best to minimize the noise of his steps and bouncing armor, but doesn't slow down, still weaving his way through the tunnel.

Move silently (while running): [roll0]
Gerwin makes a double movement to the square in the north tunnel that is two to the right of where Nirav was on the latest map. (Maximum distance)

Red Mage
2009-09-27, 05:48 PM
Colm

just keep moving just keep moving

Fizzle moves to the space right behind nirav

JGMafia1
2009-09-29, 02:55 PM
Hot D*mn I'll get the rope myself. Shiki bursts towards the cave entrance and runs as fast as he can, stopping behind Nirav, I saw him with rope earlier. "Give me the rope."

Run x4 speed to Nirav.

Hefty Lefty
2009-09-29, 05:17 PM
Coremita Mountains

Tethes watches as her companion races by her without a word, leaving her alone on this foreign cliffside above the racing Loko River that, just seconds ago, was the sight of three gruesome deaths. The rocks still stink of hot flesh. Tethes tries to steady her shaking hands as she holds onto the crossbow Shiki entrusted to her. She drops to her knees to become fully covered by the rock she hides behind; her eyes dart around nervously, her head constantly on a swivel.

The interior cave is in an uproar as the reinforcements to the barbarian and the halfling arrive. The kobolds on the floor scatter, but not before picking up the mighty blade of Frumourn. The kobolds on the ridge confidently reload and fire; their distance will protect them.

Meanwhile, elsewhere in the cave, a hustling Gerwin takes a right turn at the cave's fork. The cleric makes his way through the cave so quickly, he doesn't realize the trap beneath his feet; Gerwin unknowingly runs over weak wooden planks hidden under loose gravel. He steps on the boards and, with a loud crack, the boards give way beneath him. He falls and the boards and gravel fall on top of him. Gerwin lands strangely on his right arm, and instantly he feels a sharp pain in his shoulder.

Kobold 3 picks up Frumourn's Greatsword and moves behind a rock.

Kobold 4 moves behind a rock.

Kobold 1 and Kobold 2 reload their light crossbows and fire at Nivrav.

Gerwin falls subject to a Camouflaged Pit Trap and takes falling damage equal to ten feet unless he can succeed on a DC 20 Reflex Save.

Reflex Save - [roll4]
Falling Damage - [roll5]

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u285/HeftyLefty40/KoboldCaveTurn9.png

Shiace
2009-09-30, 12:48 AM
Nirav

Nirav hides behind the rock to the right of Frumourn. Damn squeaky devils. Gonna kill these little rock hopping f***ers. "You'd best shoot them basterds and take cover," he whispers to the Halfling behind him.

Move:Duck behind the rock
Std: Tells halfling to shoot and hide.

Sitzkrieg
2009-09-30, 09:36 AM
Gerwin Mae, Human Cleric

"Ahhhh!" Gerwin's sash snags onto a single sturdy board, which stretches tight as the ground crashes underneath him.

Gerwin uses his Luck Domain power of Lucky Re-roll, attempting his reflex save again. [roll0]

Sitzkrieg
2009-09-30, 09:44 AM
His weight is too much, however, and the board snaps as well. Gerwin falls hard, his scream snuffed out by the impact. Despite the pain in his shoulder, he forces himself back up and immediately begins trying to claw his way up the walls of the pit, yelling to the others. "Stay back! It's trapped!"

Yell (Fr), Stand up (Mv), Climb(Mv)
Climb check:[roll0]

Red Mage
2009-09-30, 11:34 PM
Colm

Cuuvur 'ind whhot u ignerent cusss? U tewke da ooonly rock!
In desperation Colm simply makes an attack at the first kolbold he sees

Colm moves five feet forward (free) and fires off his final magic missile (std) at kobold 3 [roll0]

JGMafia1
2009-10-01, 02:51 PM
Shiki inches up to Nirav and quickly rips the rope he's carrying off of him."I'm borrowing this." He then quickly retreats out of the path of enemy fire.

move 10 ft to get next to Nirav, grab rope (standard), and then retreat.

Hefty Lefty
2009-10-01, 06:25 PM
Please read my recent post in the Out-of-Character thread.
Tethes

Tethes' frantic eyes dart around the landscape. She fixes upon the dead kobold bodies. They wanted to kill us, she thinks, What did we do? What did they want? We could've died... Her fixated gaze stares at the corpse. She points the crossbow at it, as if it was about to rise up and attack her. Its reptilian face is scalded with three black, smoldering holes. Colm's magic certainly did a number on the kobold. Smoke still rises from its tan shirt and the rope wrapped around its shoulder. Rope! "Shiki!" She drops the crossbow and sprints over to the kobold. Gagging, she peels the rope off its burning body. "Shiki!" Shiki, just before he passes the fork in the cave, hears his companion call. He turns around to find Tethes on her knees by the kobold, raising the rope. Sweat pouring down her face, she looks up at Shiki with tired eyes. She produces a weak smile before coughing again and dropping her hands to the ground. Shiki takes the rope and looks over the edge of the cliff.

Hefty Lefty
2009-10-01, 06:42 PM
Coremita Mountains

Statistics:
Kobold 3 takes 2 points of damage.
Frumourn stabilizes. He must now make attempt to regain consciousness. He has a 10% chance of becoming conscious. If he fails, he takes 1 point of damage. He makes this check once each hour.

Map:
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u285/HeftyLefty40/KoboldCaveTurn11.png

Hefty Lefty
2009-10-01, 06:47 PM

The kobolds on the ridge reload then fire again, this time upon the dangerous mage. When the kobold on the bottom floor is hit, he wails and sprints away, quickly followed by other. They head to the right of the party, towards the cave's main entrance.

Actions:
Kobold 1 fires at Colm.

Kobold 2 fires at Colm.

Mr Snufflewumps
2009-10-01, 06:55 PM
Frumourn

As the blood finally stops pouring out of his wounds there is a slight glimmer consciousness in the back of Frumourn's mind, and he begins his struggle out of the dark nothingness
motherf*cking 6 get b*tches[roll0]

Shiace
2009-10-01, 08:13 PM
Nirav

Nirav attempts to sneak to the right outside of the rock's cover without being seen. He hugs the wall and moves through the shadows hoping that the Kobolds will be too distracted with the sorcerer and intimidated by his magic to notice him creeping out from behind the rock.

Mov: Hide and move silently 10 paces to the right of the rock
Hide: [roll0]

Sitzkrieg
2009-10-02, 12:21 AM
Gerwin Mae, Human Cleric

With echoes of fighting and footsteps bouncing around him, Gerwin is left by himself to vent his anger. Olidamnit. Where'd that merchant go? It sounded like he was passing right by me...
He drops his backpack, leaving behind his heavy books and standard issue NBUP water jug, and attempts to scale the dirty wall again. With the rushing adrenaline, the bloodied shoulder doesn't seem to hinder him in any way at all. He makes a few feet and the footholds crumble, but is determined to make it up. Unfortunately his scrawny arms aren't nearly strong enough to get him to the top, and he collapses again under clods of rubble, his fingers slick with black mud. "Someone! Merchant! Help!"

Drop pack(Fr), Climb wall (Mv) [roll0], Climb wall attempt 2 (Mv), [roll1])
EDIT: They should both be -6. The second roll is actually a 3.

Hefty Lefty
2009-10-02, 09:48 AM

Gerwin expertly navigates the first five feet up the wall, but after grabbing an unreliable loose rock, falls down to the bottom of the hole.

JGMafia1
2009-10-02, 08:47 PM
Shiki

"All right," Shiki begins to tie the rope to one of the rocks overlooking the cliffside. Tethes helps out and the both make a rope that should hold. Shiki then grabs hold of it and begins his decent.

Shiki's Use rope [roll0]
Tethes' Use Rope [roll1]
Take 10 on climb check

Red Mage
2009-10-03, 10:39 AM
COLM

The little halfling easily and adroitly evades the attacks of the scaly ones across the way...but he is overwhelmed by a sense of jamais vu...HOW IS THIS HAPPENING??!!

NO!!! NAUGH' LIKE DIS!!!!

Colm explodes in a whirlwind of frustration, desperation and fear, leading him to strike out in any way he can.

Colm fires his light crossbow at kobold one- [roll0] (std)

Red Mage
2009-10-03, 10:43 AM
if that hits

[roll0]

Hefty Lefty
2009-10-04, 11:26 AM
Coremita Mountains

The brave Shiki begins to descend down the cliffside. His knot appears tight enough to hold; he'll know soon enough whether or not this is true. Slowly moving his hands one beneath the other, he makes his way down. After a few calculated movements, he finds himself ten feet down the mountainside. Tethes watches overhead on her knees with her hands grasping the ledge, now more nervous than ever.

Bolts fly in either direction over a limp Frumourn. His companions dodge and evade bolts screaming across the cave's small chasm. Once again, the kobolds reload and fire. Gerwin, at the bottom of the hole, can see nothing but the cave's rocky ceiling.

Statistics:

Frumourn does not regain consciousness and loses one hit point. He falls to -4 out of 17 temporary hit points (-6 out of 15 hit points). He must reattempt this check in one hour.

Actions:

Kobold 1 fires at Colm.

Kobold 2 fires at Colm.

Map: http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u285/HeftyLefty40/KoboldCaveTurn12.png

Sitzkrieg
2009-10-05, 11:47 AM
Gerwin Mae, Human Cleric
Just give it another shot.
Gerwin unwinds the leather strips pulled tightly around his wrist and tosses the stiff, muddied buckler to the floor. He cracks his fingers, coated in mud and sweat, and does his best to wipe the slick mixture on his yellow sash. He carefully jams his fingers into the soft wall and begins pulling himself up, hand over hand.

[roll0]

Sliding back down unsuccessfully, he falls to his knees in exhaustion and terror, surrounded by his strewn belongings. "Please," he shouts, "Somebody! Anybody!"

With a sudden fury, he throws himself at the wall again.

[roll1]

Shiace
2009-10-05, 07:55 PM
Nirav

There's no point trying to go over there; they have an obvious advantage. I'd turn into a pincushion before I had a chance. "This is useless, let's retreat," he says to Colm as he moves back to the entrance. Nirav then hears a faint noise, but he is unsure what exactly it is. He strains to hear.

Listen: [roll0]
Std: listen
free: says: "this is useless let's retreat"
Move: move 20 ft towards entrance

JGMafia1
2009-10-07, 10:51 AM
Shiki continues his decent, moving carefully as he braces himself against the cliffside for support.

take 10 on Climb for 9

Mr Snufflewumps
2009-10-07, 05:18 PM
Frumourn
Frumourn lies on the ground unconscious unaware of anything happening around him

Red Mage
2009-10-08, 11:06 AM
Colm

Fizzle hears the other halfling but it barely registers, as he immeadiately turned away and became preoccupied. All Colm knows is that he wants to leave. NOW. But I cant turn me weee little back on these freaks

Colm moves 10 ft back out of the cave, over Frumourn's soon to be corpse, and fires another shot at the same kobold as before.

[roll0] if hits [roll1] (once again do I add anything to that?? no experience with ranged weapons)

Red Mage
2009-10-08, 11:09 AM
disregard that. I am a ******.

Colm doesnt move.

Red Mage
2009-10-08, 11:11 AM
**** previewed. fml. thats the first time ive ****ed that up.

crit confirm
[roll0] damage x2

Hefty Lefty
2009-10-08, 04:59 PM
Coremita Mountains

The perilous cliff proves to be a small challenge to Shiki. Two kobolds, however, seek to change that as they coming screaming around the corner, yelling to each other loudly in their reptilian tongue. Their sharp spears glisten in the sunlight.

Colm's bolt strikes true and immediatly drops the kobold across the chasm. Blood splatters onto its nearby companion who, upon realizing he is alone in this cave, flees the battlefield.

Statistics:
Kobold 1 falls.

Actions:
Kobold 2 withdraws (full).
Kobold 3 Hide Check - (1d20+6)[10]
Kobold 3 Move Silently Check - (1d20+2)[18]
Kobold 4 Hide Check - (1d20+6)[9]
Kobold 4 Move Silently Check - (1d20+2)[6]

Map:
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u285/HeftyLefty40/KoboldCaveTurn13.png

Shiace
2009-10-09, 12:08 PM
Nirav

Nirav listens for the faint sounds he heard earlier. They are coming from inside the cave. He walks up to the fork and listens, and proceeds down the hall it seems to be coming from. He stops paying attention to the other halfling who seems rather stricken with panic and fear.

Mov: Move to fork& Down Hall
Std: Listen- [roll0]

Red Mage
2009-10-10, 06:43 PM
Colm

Fizzle looks to his fellow halfling who seems to be rushing away down the darker and undexplored path...NOO Pleez don' leeeeve meh!!!.
Colm's stubby little legs begin to tremble at the idea of being left alone...looking infront of him he grabs Frumourn, and begins to drag him back to the mouth of the cave. You better be alive you behemoth...maybe i can use his body to hide under if more scalies come along.

Colm drags frumourn as far forward as possible (hustling) towards the mouth of the cave (mov. and standard?)

Sitzkrieg
2009-10-10, 07:43 PM
Gerwin Mae, Human Cleric

Gerwin's enraged scrabbling is completely ineffective. The sharp rocks in the mud rip back at his unprotected hands, tearing them open. In frustration, he hurls the useless handfuls away, splattering against the side wall. The shock of pain tears him out of his frustration, and he takes a second to look at the white skin pulled in chunks off of his palms, and the dark blood welling under the vile new skin of mud. Ahhh, he pants, I need to think. Gingerly, he lifts his left arm and secures it on a thick root. Cradling his now aching right shoulder, he presses his right hip and leg against the side wall, working his way up the corner. A minor slip sends his right shoulder hard into the wall, shooting pain down his arm, and he gasps and drops to the ground again, eyes tearing up.

Climbs wall(Mv)
If first fails, try again (Mv)
If first succeeds, moves towards nearest ally(Mv)

[roll=Climb check with side wall (if first fails)]1d20-5

Why do I have so much trouble with this? :smallmad:

Sitzkrieg
2009-10-10, 07:47 PM
Gerwin Mae, Human Cleric

Not losing his determination now that he has figured out the right technique, Gerwin again cradles his right shoulder, using his left arm and the right side wall to work up the two feet so he can grab an overhanging board. Unfortunately a patch of vegetation he steps on proves unreliable, and rips from the wall like a dozen scabs, leaving him grounded again in the thickly-packed slime. "Ahh! DAMNIT!"

Attempt two: [roll0]

JGMafia1
2009-10-11, 04:09 PM
Shiki

"Tethes, run!" Shiki yells at the top of his lungs as he scurries up the rope, drawing his shortsword as he makes his way up. Tethes meanwhile runs straight for the cave, scooping up the dropped crossbow as she does so.

Climb checp to make it to the top faster DC 15 [roll0]
Tethes moved at x2 to reach the mouth of the cave

Hefty Lefty
2009-10-11, 06:09 PM
Coremita Mountains

The two kobolds making their way across the landscape, realizing their cover has been blown, charge towards their targets. One sprints around the wide east side while the other runs next to the rigged tree stump and attacks the climber emerging from the cliff side.

The two combatants from the caves' main room can faintly hear their cleric frantically attempting to climb out of his hole.

Actions:
Kobold 3 attacks Shiki.
Kobold 3 Spear Attack - [roll0]
Kobold 3 Spear Damage - [roll1]

Map:
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u285/HeftyLefty40/KoboldCaveTurn14.png

Shiace
2009-10-11, 08:01 PM
Nirav

The sound- somebody is yelling for help, and the voice is humanoid! "Er.. stay here.." he says to the halfling dragging the unconscious brute before hurrying down the other passage in the direction the cries were coming from. This sure has gone to hell. Wish I could find that cleric, wouldn't want to be left alone to deal with those pesky creatures. Maybe I should just leave while I still have the chance.. Nirav peers around the hall before him, taking care to steer clear of any potential dangers.

Free: Tell's halfling to stay here
Std: Search/ Listen
Listen: [roll1]
Mov: Move down upper passageway as far as possible before either finding the whole, a trap, or stopping.

Sitzkrieg
2009-10-11, 10:45 PM
Gerwin Mae, Human Cleric

Now that the echoes of battle have faded off, Gerwin can hear the approaching noises more clearly. Small footsteps are padding quickly down the passage. I need to get out of here now. Maybe I can still overpower them, take them down with me. He makes another attempt at scaling the wall of the pit, his right boot kicking wildly at the side wall.

[roll0]

Sitzkrieg
2009-10-11, 10:54 PM
Failing yet again, he falls into a miserable heap in the muck. You're going to die here, his brain informs him, helpfully. And your arm hurts, it adds. Left alone for once, his body springs up and forces its way up the wall, writhing for every inch.

Uses the side wall to assist: [roll0]

Red Mage
2009-10-13, 06:52 PM
FIZZLE

Colm continues to withdraw toward the mouth of the cave at 10ft. per round, while dragging along the limp Frumourn

JGMafia1
2009-10-14, 07:38 PM
Shiki

Shiki knows his chances aren't good, but he has to attack. He lashes out with his shortsword at the nearest kobold. Meanwhile Tethes, still scared but determined, levels Shiki's crossbow and fires at the far kobold approaching along the opposite cliffside.

shortsword [roll0] damage[roll1]
crossbow[roll2] damage[roll3]

Hefty Lefty
2009-10-16, 12:39 AM
Coremita Mountains

The kobold threatening Shiki dances behind the log trap, causing Shiki, disorientated from the intense climb just seconds ago, to stab the stump instead. The kobold takes advantage of this and strikes again with his spear. A shaky Tethes manages to land her shot on the far Kobold, but the minor grazing of his non-dominant arm does little to stop him in his pursuit to flank his opponent.

Nivrav finally comes across the source of the noise. Ten feet down, in a hole in the ground three feet in diameter, is the red-headed Gerwin. The bloody, dirty, and sweat-soaked cleric is attempting to scale the pit's wall for what seems like the thousandth time.

Statistics:
Kobold 4 takes 1 point of damage.

Actions:
Kobold 3 attacks Shiki, who is flanked by Kobold 4.
Kobold 3 Attack - [roll0]
Kobold 3 Damage - [roll1]

Kobold 4 attacks Shiki, who is flanked by Kobold 3.
Kobold 4 Attack - [roll2]
Kobold 4 Damage - [roll3]

Map:
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u285/HeftyLefty40/KoboldCaveTurn15.png

JGMafia1
2009-10-16, 08:10 PM
Shiki

Shiki swings again and Tethes hides behind a rock.

[roll0]

Sitzkrieg
2009-10-17, 01:38 PM
Gerwin Mae, Human Cleric

You'll never make it. They're coming for you right now.

Looking around for his spear, Gerwin doesn't even have time to grab it before the halfling appears above the hole. Wide-eyed, he stifles a yell and manages not to jump. "Oh, thank Pelor it's only you. Stay back! It's a trap! Get me out of here!" He prepares himself to climb out of the hole with whatever assistance is provided.

Speak (Mv)
Ready Action to make Climb check after Luke's turn (Std)

Shiace
2009-10-17, 02:24 PM
Nirav

Peering over the edge of a hole, Nirav sees the Cleric trapped about ten feet below him. It looks as if he has tried multiple times to claw his way up the steep walls of the pit. Nirav pulls the rope off his body and lowers it into the pit. Gerwin looks ready to climb out with whatever assistance Nirav has to offer. Nirav sees a small crag and hooks the rope around it to keep it secure.

Free: Remove silk rope
Std: lower/secure rope
Does this require a check? If so I guess heres my use rope check..
Use Rope: [roll0]

Red Mage
2009-10-18, 03:12 PM
Colm

Fizzle continues as before.

Sitzkrieg
2009-10-18, 05:54 PM
Gerwin Mae, Human Cleric

"Oh, finally! I thought I was dead!" Gerwin grabs the rope gratefully and carefully braces against the wall to pull himself out of the hole. Drained, he struggles to his feet. Looking at the halfling with his exhausted eyes, he asks, "Thank you. What next?"

Speak (part of the Mv action earlier)
Takes 10 on Climb check (Std)

Hefty Lefty
2009-10-18, 06:39 PM
Coremita Mountains

The kobolds easily evade Shiki's limp strike. The kobold scrambles around the cliffside and jumps up on the suspended stump. The two reptilians meet eyes for a second, then execute a coordinated strike.

Actions:
Kobold 1 Attack - [roll0]
Kobold 1 Damage - [roll1]

Kobold 2 Attack - [roll2]
Kobold 2 Damage - [roll3]

Map:
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u285/HeftyLefty40/KoboldCaveTurn16.png

Hefty Lefty
2009-10-18, 06:41 PM
Statistics:

Shiki is reduced to 1 of 6 hit points.

Sitzkrieg
2009-10-18, 11:51 PM
Gerwin Mae, Human Cleric

Suddenly, Gerwin's eyes snap open and he tosses the loose end of the rope to Nirav. "Raniero's still alive! Take this outside to him!" he shouts, remembering why he ran into the cave in the first place. He steps carefully around the hole, and starts to hurry back towards the cave entrance, but notices two more bodies in the dark corridor. Thankfully, the time spent in the hellish slime pit allowed his eyes to adjust somewhat to the darkness. The other halfling? And the cannibal? Even though Gerwin hardly knows the man, seeing his bloodied body dragged by the tiny creature captures the pity in his soul. Stooping down, he reaches out his aching right arm to finish the job he started a long time ago.

Speak (Fr)
Move to Frumorn's square(Mv)
Spontaneously casts Cure Light Wounds, spending his Protection from Law slot. (Std)

Can you edit rolls into a post? Let's see: 1d8+1 The answer is no.

Sitzkrieg
2009-10-19, 12:44 AM
Finger crossin' [roll0]

Hefty Lefty
2009-10-19, 09:54 AM
Statistics:
Frumourn regains consciousness; his health is raised to 0 out of 15 hit points. Frumourn is disabled, and may make only one move action or one standard action, but not both. If he performs a standard action (or any strenuous action) he will lose 1 hp and will be dying. ((But I'm sure John already knew these rules :smallwink: ))

JGMafia1
2009-10-19, 06:51 PM
Shiki

shortsword [roll0]

Mr Snufflewumps
2009-10-19, 08:59 PM
Frumourn

Finally Frumourn is once again aware of the world around him and there is only one thing that comes to his mind "ow..." Frumourn groans as he tries to understand his surroundings, or what happened at all.

Shiace
2009-10-20, 01:03 AM
Nirav

Nirav goes to the mouth of the cave and looks out, carrying the rope with him. "Think there's more trouble out here..." he says as the piercing shrieks of Kobold's carry through the air. More of these runts tryin' to meddle with us. This day keeps getting worse. Should have known it would happen to me.

Red Mage
2009-10-21, 02:21 AM
COLM
"Leets booke 'fore da scalies raturn ya stalks!!"
Colm then scurries off towards the mouth of the cave.

Colm moves twenty feet (mv) and reloads crossbow (standard)

Hefty Lefty
2009-10-22, 12:00 AM
Coremita Mountains

The kobolds cackle as Shiki futily misses with each slipshod strike. In an attempt to finally down their foe, the kobolds synchronize their attacks; the kobold on the stump spears down at the neck while his comrade swipes low at the knees.

The caves are not a silent place. Water drips from the ceiling and gravel crunches underneath each step. Gerwin, after healing the fallen barbarian, hears a shrill war cry from behind his back. As soon he can turn around, a kobold thrusts a sharp blood-soaked spear in his direction.

Actions:
Kobold 2 Attack - [roll0]
Kobold 2 Damage - [roll1]

Kobold 3 Attack - [roll2]
Kobold 3 Damage - [roll3]

Kobold 4 Attack - [roll4]
Kobold 4 Damage - [roll5]

Map:
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u285/HeftyLefty40/KoboldCaveTurn17.png

Red Mage
2009-10-22, 01:56 AM
Colm

Colm moves twenty feet forward to the sound of battle. By the gods, what hell have i condemned myself too? we can't escape them!!!! We must intimidate them somehow Knowing that the stockier "rest of the party will be out soon to back up his intimidation colm begins to thump his chest and yell:
HA! oll yur comrades err dead ya basdurds! LEEVE, ur DIE!!
Colm runs up to the ledge...the table has turned on it's end now lads... and lets loose a bolt with a hope and a prayer.

Colm moves 20 ft and fires a shot at the "far" kobold. (why doesnt anyone use numbers when they are clearly on the icons) [roll0]
[roll1]

JGMafia1
2009-10-25, 10:35 AM
Shiki

[roll0]

Shiace
2009-10-25, 01:48 PM
Nirav

Hearing shrieks from back within the cave, Nirav rushes back to investigate, drawing his rapier in the process.

Move: 20 feet back into cave
Std: None
Free: Draw Rapier

Sitzkrieg
2009-10-25, 11:52 PM
Gerwin Mae, Human Cleric

Ahh! What was that? Gerwin whips around, but he can hardly make out the creature in the shadows, already pulling back its weapon for another strike after its first attack harmlessly grazed Gerwin's armored back. Is that a sword? I can't even tell... His hand goes immediately to his right hip's holster, clutching at the space now filled by a friendly pocket of crossbow-shaped air. ****. Muttering prayers under his breath, he takes a only a single hurried step away when he catches eye contact from the broken barbarian, whose dull eyes glare grimly from under the mess of dark grime and ready blood still gushing from a cut on his brow. The ferocious spirit seems ready to move again, but his punctured gut is still too severely damaged to hold together. "C'mon. Get up." Gerwin closes his eyes for just a second and, holding his sun necklace out to the man with his right arm, sends a shock of light into the barbarian's stomach with a single decisive word. It'll have to do to hold him together, he thinks. Seeing the kobold's weapon darting forward out of the corner of his eye, Gerwin yells. "Run! Get out of here!" After the hit, Gerwin does his best to run out of the cave himself.

Speak(Fr)
Cast Cure Minor Wounds spontaneously(1 pt of hp healed), replacing Light (Std)
Move 20 feet out of cave(Mv)
[AoO provoked for leaving threatened space, ignore fluff in post]

Hefty Lefty
2009-10-26, 12:00 AM
Actions:

Gerwin provokes an attack from Kobold 2.

Kobold 2 Attack: [roll0]
Kobold 2 Damage: [roll1]

Mr Snufflewumps
2009-10-26, 01:46 PM
Frumourn
After the young patrolmen shoots light directly at him, Frumourn finally feels able to move, and his reason takes hold. I have to get out of here, before this tiny monster drops me for good. He thinks as he stands up and begins to run away from the Kobold.

Mv: stand up
Mv: Run 40 ft out of the cave

Hefty Lefty
2009-10-26, 10:05 PM
Coremita Mountians

The kobolds surrounding Shiki strike again, frustrated with their lack of success.

In the midst of a flurry of movement within the cave's walls, the kobold strikes at the new combatant running towards him.

Actions:
Kobold 2 attacks Nirav.

Kobold 3 Attack - [roll4]
Kobold 3 Damage - [roll5]

Map:
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u285/HeftyLefty40/KoboldCaveTurn18.png

Shiace
2009-10-26, 10:36 PM
Nirav

Hopping aside, dodging the Kobold's feeble attack, Nirav thrusts forward with his shining rapier. "Die you little SH*T!" he yells, eyes fierce with anger as the thirst for blood fills Nirav once again. Gonna kill all these f*ckers!

Std: Attack Kobold 2
-Attack: [roll0]
Free: Yells in anger

Shiace
2009-10-26, 10:38 PM
Damage: [roll0]
Damage roll - i somehow messed the last one up im not sure how.

Red Mage
2009-10-27, 03:16 AM
Colm

NO NO NO! Curses!! Fizzle's knees buckle at the aftermath of his damnest effort...he begins to fall into despair. WHY WHY WHY WHY?? JUST RUN JUST RUN you dont need them...And then out of the corner of his eye he spots the beast that had dragged him into all this trouble in the first place "Freymern, ya burlee ook basdurd! 'ead dewn dat whhay! Colm points to his right and down the path. Not this time. try to dodge this you forked tongued f*ck. Colm dashes forward to make sure to get a clear shot. I wish i had a bolt ready...but time is of the essence...

Colm moves twenty feet forward to the ledge just above (to the right of kobold 3) (mv) and points his finger towards the scaly devil and lets loose a ray of frost (std) [roll0] Do i add anything to a ranged touch attack?? [roll1]

Red Mage
2009-10-27, 03:19 AM
scratch that- its 15 feet

Mr Snufflewumps
2009-10-27, 09:39 AM
Frumourn
Head down and still coping with the pain burning through his body, Frumourn sees his small companion run forward and attack something down the ledge. He dashes to his side and reaches back to draw his great sword, only to find it absent from his back. without wasting any time he pulls out his crossbow and loads a bolt into it to prepare.
Mv: 10 feet diagonally north so I'll be between the rock and the cliff.
Fr: Draw crossbow while on the move
Std: load crossbow.

JGMafia1
2009-10-27, 02:22 PM
Shiki

[roll0]

Sitzkrieg
2009-10-28, 11:51 AM
Gerwin Mae, Human Cleric

Gerwin follows Frumorn out of the cave, snapping the bones of fallen kobolds under his heavy boots. Outside the dark cave, he sees the merchant is surrounded by two more of the vile lizards near the fallen body of Raniero. "Sh**. They're everywhere! There's another in the cave!" I need a-he spies a small crossbow sitting on the ground, clutched in the hand of a dying kobold. He rips it out, careful to stay out of the creatures reach.

Moves twenty feet out of cave (Mv)
Picks up small light crossbow (I miss the Destroyer...) (Mv)

Hefty Lefty
2009-10-28, 03:08 PM
Coremita Mountains

A chilling ray hits the kobold directly in the back. He winces and falls down to one knee in pain. However, he maintains focus on the enemy and strikes at the lower legs of Shiki as the kobolds continue their attack on the human. With a swift blow to the hamstring, the human collapses. The kobolds, just now looking up at the ridge full of enemies, realize they are outnumbered and sprint off down the mountain path from whence the party came.

The rapier pierces straight through the kobolds stomach, but misses any vital organs. The determined reptilian takes one more stab at Nirav.

Actions:
Kobold 2 attacks Nirav.

Kobold 4 Attack - [roll4]
Kobold 4 Damage - [roll5]

Map:
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u285/HeftyLefty40/KoboldCaveTurn19-1.png

Hefty Lefty
2009-10-28, 03:13 PM
Statistics:
While the kobold's damage is equal to 1d6-1, no attack which lands can deal less than 1 damage. Shiki is dealt 1 damage and falls to 0 out of 6 hit points. Shiki is now disabled; he can make one single move action or standard action per turn, but not both. If he performs any standard action or a strenuous task, he will take 1 point of damage after completing the task.

Shiace
2009-10-28, 04:53 PM
Nirav

After feeling the satisfying sound of piercing flesh, the enraged Halfling takes another stab at the wounded Kobold, hoping he can bring the frightened creature down with a second blow. "Die yeh bastard!"

Free: Yells more

Red Mage
2009-10-29, 05:37 PM
Colm

The little halfling, having come out of this predicament alive, begins to jump for joy at the sight of the "scale-ies" departing in force. he moves 15 feet and collapses next to both the ginger and the brute. Tank da goodz... now i can rest...and then I'll leave this miserable lot behind..

Mr Snufflewumps
2009-10-29, 07:25 PM
Frumourn

With the kobolds finally retreating there is one thing on Frumourn's mind, Where the f*ck is my sword? He looks around the for a moment and then asks all those around him "Has anyone seen my sword?" beginning to grow worried and annoyed that it happens to be missing
my search check doesn't matter cus i know it's not out here yay

Sitzkrieg
2009-10-31, 08:56 AM
Gerwin Mae, Human Cleric
Relief washes over Gerwin's body when the nasty critters retreat. "I dropped my crossbow during the fight too. Let's go back and get them. But let's be careful this time. Oh, and Merchant? I can help you if you need me to. Your wife isn't hurt, is she?" If nobody stops him, he walks to the mouth of the cave and waits for Frumorn to take point. Otherwise he will help anyone that asks for it.

Speak (Mv)
Walks 20 ft (Mv)

JGMafia1
2009-10-31, 12:04 PM
Yeah, if only. "Sure I could use some healing." Shiki moves towards Tethes, sheathing his shortsword and taking his crossbow back from Tethes. They exchange words of comfort and reassurance.

Hefty Lefty
2009-10-31, 01:39 PM

From behind his adversary, the kobold can see a swarm of humans and halflings entering the cave. It drops its spear and sprints down the rocky road. The kobold quickly disappears in the dimly lit cavern.

Out of Character:
We are now out of combat. As before, you can post as often as you like as quickly as you like. Please refer to the maps posted earlier for describing where your characters go and what they do.

Mr Snufflewumps
2009-11-02, 02:15 PM
Frumourn

Frumourn begins to walk into the cave after the young patrolman, and continues past him while he goes to the aid of the merchant. Oh good lord I can hardly move I'm so tired He thinks right before running directly into the quite halfling in the cave, not even realizing he was there. "Oh sorry my little friend, I was off in my own world there for a little bit, you wouldn't know where my bloody sword got off to would you" He asks Nirav, trying to not show his fatigue.

Shiace
2009-11-02, 09:39 PM
Nirav

Nirav watches as the behemoth of the man walks towards him and inquires about his sword. "Er... um..." he begins to stumble over his words. "One of those grimy little things had a hold of it. Threw it in the cave over there. Er, not sure where it got off to..." Nirav points in the direction of the cave.

Sitzkrieg
2009-11-03, 02:26 PM
Gerwin Mae, Human Cleric

"Hey, foreigner, hold up a second, will ya? My weapons are in there too." Gerwin is starting to catch his breath again, and the satisfaction of victory makes him feel cocky. "Merchant, hey, I saw you fighting back there. Good thing we were here to help you out, right? Coulda been pretty bad without us. I don't suppose you ever had to learn how to handle a crossbow, huh?" As he chats, he makes a show of placing his carcanet on the man's shoulder, tapping his left pocket as he flourishes the man with a bow. "Gerwin Mae, always at your service." With a smirk, he turns and catches up to the large man in the cave. "Hey, what did you say your name was again? I can't believe you're still alive. You fight like a demon. Listen, do you think you can help me out? I lost my stuff in that pit over there, just before I found your body. Will you help me out and get it for me? It shouldn't be a problem for a guy like you-" Gerwin suddenly catches sight of the bloodthirsty halfling on the other side of the brawny cannibal, and his eyes light up with a sudden realization. "Oh! Nirav! You have the rope! C'mon, we need to get back outside." He hurries back out of the cave, hopefully with a halfling at his heels.

Gerwin casts Cure Light Wounds spontaneously, replacing his Detect Law slot. Are we doing full healing out of combat? If not, [roll0]

JGMafia1
2009-11-03, 04:36 PM
Shiki

Speaking in elven, "When does he get to talk down to us? I can remember them charging blindly into that cave with no plan at all, leaving us behind. He'd be just as pressed against two kobolds."
"Let it go. He looks to be a green guard on his first tour at least. His commander died as well."
"Still, you gotta wonder what sense any of this bunch has. I'm no strategist, but it's near suicide to charge into a kobold hideout with all its traps and surprises. I'll bet the fool even fell into a trap himself judging by his missing armor, and all that mud. The lizards breed like rabbits too....." Shiki stops remembering what he was doing earlier. "Speaking of that guard captain. Let's grab that amulet before anyone notices."
They proceed toward the cliff face where the rope still lies tied.
"I hope your not thinking of just selling it off. It's not yours to bargain with."
Shiki lowers himself down, "No worries, they'll have their rock, but who can blame me if I leave with my purse just a tad heavier."
Shiki moves down cautiously, making sure not to lost his balance while Tethes watches from above.

Need I remind any meta-gamers that I was speaking in Elven

Hefty Lefty
2009-11-03, 05:01 PM
Statistics:
Shiki recovers 9 hit points to 6 out of 6 hit points.

Out-Of-Character:
Yes, there is full healing out of combat.

Hefty Lefty
2009-11-03, 05:21 PM
Coremita Mountains

The rope sways in the breeze as Shiki lowers himself down the cliffside. A few of the rocks he uses as footholds crack off and fall. The roar of the Loko River racing beneath him is now all he can hear. Shiki steps down onto a rock ledge about ten feet above the peak of the waves' height. Mist from the crashin waves gently wets his hands and face. On the ledge, Raniero lies beneath his horse, both are motionless and in a pool of blood; the blood has died the horse's hair red. The stench of the flesh baking in the sun is almost unbearable.

JGMafia1
2009-11-03, 05:28 PM
Shiki eyes for the amulet but first goes to make sure if guardsman is still alive. He listens for breathing and checks for any pulse.

heal check - [roll0]

Shiace
2009-11-03, 06:38 PM
Nirav

Nirav's eyes find Gerwin's and he nods in acknowledgment. He proceeds past the brutish man and into the blinding sun, bringing the rope with him.

Red Mage
2009-11-03, 07:56 PM
COlM

Colm is now kneeling on the hard jagged earth, catching his breath, and trying to fathom what had just happened to him. Then he spots the three about to do their spelunking routine again.
"I aininta goona bey gooin bach inta noo scaly devilles kev u daft stulks!" thrusting his thumb at his chest.
Colm begins to rise as he feels his frustation mounting,
I tink I deserve suum 'ealin for me troubulls, aye red boyo?" as he motions to Gerwin... An' u! U ook beastie u! I dragdud ur arse outa da fer,tink I derserve I kind werd or tew frem u. while he points at frumourn.
these daft stalks are sooo godsdamned not worth my time... I was looking for safety and all i got was danger...best to stick with them for now...whilst we're in the wilderness...

Fizzle then turns to find the merchant cliff diving again.
hmmm he seems the most logical and cautious of this stinking lot, in and out of battle. Better go check on him...apologize for not being able to save his arse, make sure his lovely is alright too... being paranoid he loads his crossbow and moves towards teethes and shiki.

He gives a nod and a tip of his hat to teethes and says U bey alrioght, darrlin? and then looks down to Shiki and shouts "Oi Shkee- mate! U o'rite den boyo?

Hefty Lefty
2009-11-04, 12:35 PM
Coremita Mountains

When Shiki leifts the limp head of the guardsman, he hears a small click in the body's neck. The body is damp with blood, and even just briefly touching the corpse stains Shiki's hands. There is a sizeable hole in the guard's neck where the shining ruby imapaled him as he hit the ground.

Frumourn can't see much in the dimly lit cave, however, after peering around on the ledge his comrades fought from just seconds ago, he spies the glitter of gold.

Sitzkrieg
2009-11-04, 02:26 PM
Gerwin Mae, Human Cleric

Gerwin jogs up to the edge of the cliff and joins the halfling. "Oh, you've got a rope, good. We've gotta hurry though." His eyes drop to the movement below. On the shaggy outcropping lies the outstretched horse, the soaking body of the officer, and the merchant cradling its head. "Merchant! Merchant! Is he-" his voice falters, "Is he dead?"

Mr Snufflewumps
2009-11-04, 02:26 PM
Frumourn
Still mostly concerned about his missing sword, Frumourn quickly looks for a way to get to the gold, but only sees a dropoff and a cliff on the other side. There has to be another way to get over to that ledge, I'm gonna have to search this cave a bit harder I think He thinks before going back to his search for his sword.
Search Check: [roll0]

JGMafia1
2009-11-04, 02:58 PM
Skiki yells up, "Dead, I'm tying a rope around him if you wish to pull him up." Shiki makes two quick but firm knots around the guardsman's waist. That should hold. He grabs and pockets the emerald secretively and starts his climb upward.

Takes 10 on both Use Rope checks for 13, and take 10 on climb check
Sleight of hand 1d20+3

Red Mage
2009-11-08, 08:26 AM
Colm

What am I...invisible? "OI! RED!" shouts Fizzle at the face of Gerwin, "Arr ye deaf boyo? 'I tink I deserve suum 'ealin for me troubulls,' if ya pleez o' lawmen sir. spits the seasoned halfling as he mocks a gentleman's half bow. incompetent baby stalk...wait...don't let your frustration get hold of you...you need these ilk to survive out here...best not make a mire of a mockery Colm swiftly attempts to hide the facetious comment and bitting tone with his sincerest and most innocent smile, hoping the boy is none the wiser.

As Shiki arives up at the top Colm pats him on the back, smiling his yellow crooked grin all the while, saying "Shkee lad! Ya o'rite den boyo? Let's pool dis per basterd oop den, shant we?" And Cinderburst begins to tug the body up.

JGMafia1
2009-11-08, 12:37 PM
Shiki

"Ok, but we'll probably need help doing it." Perhaps that healer. Shiki grabs the rope and starts pulling at the dead weight on the other end.

Shiace
2009-11-08, 03:51 PM
Nirav

Nirav sees his presence is no longer needed, and he goes to find the bodies of several slain Kobolds. He searches their bodies for anything valuable. These little runts have to have something on them. He thinks as he rummages through the clothing and pockets of the small bandits.

Mr Snufflewumps
2009-11-08, 03:56 PM
Frumourn
After what feels like a thorough search of the ledge Frumourn decides it's time to get help. Didn't that patrolman ask me to find something for him in here....right his armors in some pit around here Frumourn thinks as he begins walking back towards the rest of the party outside, glancing around on his way to see if he can find the pit.

Sitzkrieg
2009-11-08, 07:00 PM
Gerwin Mae, Human Cleric
Gerwin throws what little strength he has into hauling up the rope, but his lack of strength is apparent. He's almost more of a hindrance than a help, even when the alternative is a halfling. "Gods. Are you sure? Maybe there's something I can do still. There has to be something!" He redoubles his efforts, even with his muddied hands slipping uselessly. The rough rope tears through his wounded palms and refreshes his injuries. They leave a carmine residue on the rope's thick, grainy weave. "Please, halfling, can't you see what's going on?" he gasps with a bare touch of hysteria. "He's dying right in front of us! Pull harder!"

Hefty Lefty
2009-11-08, 07:24 PM
Coremita Mountains

The group struggles to pull the limp body of the captain up the cliffside, its heavy armor clangs and hooks onto rocks, aggrivating the retrievers. However, after two minutes of strenuous effort, the beaten, bruised, and bloody body of the captain is rolled on the ledge. His face has been severly dented, his skin is a deep purple in the most damaged spots and pale in all others. His left arm is bent backwards at the elbow. The stench of hot blood pierces the noses of all around.

Meanwhile, Nirav, scurrying around the post-battlefield, find little on the bodies of the kobolds. Each corpse has armor of an extremly poor quality, weak spears, and two have hemp ropes of fifty feet in length. Two kobolds wear necklaces of teeth, some dull, some sharp. One wears a headband of red and white bird feathers.

Frumourn, searching the cave for an alternative route to the gold realizes that, to the right of the ledge, there is a large cave entrance. Later, after leaving the ledge, the battered barbarian stumbles upon a deep hole in the rocky ground, nearly falling in himself amidst the darkness.

Map:
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u285/HeftyLefty40/KoboldCaveTurn21.png

Red Mage
2009-11-09, 02:48 AM
Colm

Colm doesnt know what Gerwin is talking about...hes a tad perplexed. He turns and says,
"Oi Red boyo, Oim ol'retty poolin as harrd as i can', heeze ded o'rite? Ya need ta moove un lad...aKcept reality."

Shiace
2009-11-09, 02:00 PM
Nirav

Bastards are dirt poor. I guess I couldn't expect much more from their type. They must have barely been able to survive out here let alone indulge themselves with wealth. Nirav returns to the the group to find the captain's bloodied corpse sprawled across the ground. He looks beyond them and sees more cliff and a bend to the left. He decides to scout out that area to possibly keep watch in case more danger approaches, and heads past the group.

Mr Snufflewumps
2009-11-09, 02:31 PM
Frumourn
After almost falling down the whole himself Frumourn understands how the scrawny patrolman had trouble climbing out of the hole. That kid was wearing so much armor on him there's no way he'd be able to get out of this hole himself After a moment of contemplation Frumourn decides to jump down and retrieve what ever is left down there before heading back outside.
climb check (would taking ten get me down there if not) [roll0]
collects all Gerwin's belongings.
Frumourn jumps down into the hole with ease and quickly collects all the patrolman's belongings and then climbs right out of the hole again to bring the kid his gear.
Climb check out [roll1]

Hefty Lefty
2009-11-09, 03:30 PM
Coremita Mountains

Nirav passes by the captain and the crew on his scouting mission. He sees a large cave opening and a small passage on the right side.

Frumourn casually slips in and out of the pit trap.

Map:
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u285/HeftyLefty40/KoboldCaveTurn22.png

JGMafia1
2009-11-09, 04:00 PM
Shiki

"Well the halfling's right, guardsman, your captain is dead and we don't have the manpower to take his body with us or the tome to bury him." Shiki looks to the body and then out to sea thinking of a way to appease everyone. "I guess we do have time for a short blessing and then we can maybe commit his body to sea. Your call not mine but we really need to get out of here quick." Shiki goes over to join Tethes and stops. Now hopefully the man has some reason left in him.

Shiace
2009-11-09, 05:20 PM
Nirav

Recognizing the gaping cave in front of him as the one he saw before, Nirav decides to creep down the passage to the right, taking care to search for potential traps along the way.

Take 10 or 20 on search?
If neither [roll0]

Mr Snufflewumps
2009-11-09, 05:33 PM
Frumourn
Frumourn exits the cave and sees the body lying on the ground, and then heads towards the young patrolman. Here you go lad, this is all i could find in that pit of yours back in that cave, couldn't find my sword yet but i think there's another way in, there was what looked like some gold in there too if you would all like to split it. Frumourn hands Gerwin his equipment and looks at the body It's a damn shame for a man like that to die this way, he seemed like a real leader. Frumourn then walks in the direction he noticed the cave opening and starts to head back inside.

Sitzkrieg
2009-11-10, 11:23 AM
Gerwin Mae, Human Cleric
Gerwin stares quietly at the mangled body until Frumourn shoves the backpack and weapons into his hands. "I... of course. Yes. Thank you. Just, give me a minute." He turns and walks away from the group, down the northern path. Alone in front of the the two cave openings, the pain and exhaustion surges back into his body, and he collapses just inside the larger cave entrance, dropping his gear in a pile beside him. Tears leave muddy trails across his cheeks as he pulls a small shell out of his left pocket. "Please, Olidammara, protect me from pain."

Gerwin casts Cure Light Wounds spontaneously, using his last 1st level spell slot and healing 9 hp.

Hefty Lefty
2009-11-10, 11:52 AM
Statistics:
Gerwin recovers 5 hit points to 9 out of 9 hit points.

Red Mage
2009-11-12, 08:54 AM
COLM

Why is no one reacting? we have to get out of here...or at least find out what in the seven hells we are doing here.
"Umm, s'whhuts like da plaan den lads? I tink, weze mights a oversthayed ur welcum her, ya ya?" Colm twists to face the kneeling gerwin,"Whhuts de cull red boyo? It appeeerz ye be de wun in churge na', no?" Colm pauses to see if anyone pipes up...and then shrinkingly continues, I means'whhy weze oot heres 'nywhay maan?...in de least lets get oot o'ere!"

Sitzkrieg
2009-11-12, 04:07 PM
Gerwin Mae, Human Cleric

With Olidammara's power washing through him, Gerwin feels refreshed and prepared to return to the group. At the halfling's beckon, he stands up, laces his buckler back onto his wrist, and carries his backpack over to the pack of survivors. Stopping short in front of Colm, he drops the backpack and starts sorting through it, pulling out some of the heavier items. "Hey. Look, I guess we have to just move on. We have no idea whats going on in the city, it might be sacked, burning, whatever. We don't know where we're going, and we barely know each other." He twists his face fretfully, looking closely at the bottles of alcohol in his bag. I can't carry all this, if we're fighting. "Hey, c'mere, lemme see that cut," he says to Colm, opening a bottle of dwarven vodka and gulping some down before dabbing it on Colm's wounded ribcage with his yellow sash. "Hold still. As far as the city goes, whatever, I'm happy to get out of there. But what next?" Finished with the wound, he adds, "That's the best I can do for you right now. You'll be okay, I think. Anyone else want some?" while offering the bottle up towards Frumorn. "Looks like you need it, buddy." After a second, he starts speaking again. "I guess the first step is saying a few prayers for Raniero. And getting to know each other. I'm Gerwin." He approaches the body and starts removing jewelry and unstrapping the plated armor, handing Raniero's brass compass to the merchant. "Do you know how to navigate? Can you get us to Vaylindal? Or should we try to find that base Raniero was talking about?" he asks, still busying himself with preparing the body for a funeral. A few seconds later, he interrupts with an interjection. "Sh*t! That gem must have fallen into the river when he fell."

Takes twenty on search check of Raniero's gear, for a total of twenty.

JGMafia1
2009-11-12, 04:52 PM
Shiki

Shiki takes the compass from Gerwin. "I can get us to Vaylindal if I can figure out where we are."
Shiki sits and takes out his pen and some parchment and sets them on the ground in front of him.
"If I remember correctly that ruby was needed to stop Udoaver's dragon. It sounds important but I really feel we should get moving before worse creatures show up."
While talking he fills his inkpen then begins to sketch a map of the general region, including the path they had been taken so far. He makes sure to put down any landmarks and nearby towns so as to make navigation easier. Once the map is completed, and with the compass, Shiki is confident that navigation even for an amateur will be easy.
"This map will take some time to complete so feel free to search for the amulet in the meantime. It would also be helpful if anyone knows of any landmarks in the general area worthy of note."
Tethes sits beside Shiki and also does her part to help with making the map.

Take 10 on Knowledge (Geography) for a 16
Tethes roles to attempt to assist
I also welcome others in helping me make this map.

Hefty Lefty
2009-11-13, 12:12 AM
Coremita Mountains

In trying to sketch a map, Shiki realizes that the compass does not point north, but instead in one seemingly random direction.

JGMafia1
2009-11-13, 12:35 AM
Shiki

Shiki gazes at the compass upon finishing his map for any markings or sigils that might discern why it's behaving the way it is. It won't affect how the map comes out, but it is peculiar nonetheless.
He then mutters under his breath, "Let my eyes gaze at that which is unreal," and looks further to determine if it is magical in any fashion, and if so what is it's purpose.

Cast Detect Magic and gaze at the compass for three rounds if magic is present in it.

Hefty Lefty
2009-11-13, 10:22 AM
Coremita Mountains

After a few seconds of studying, Shiki finds two major sources of magic in the nearby area. Continued studying shows that one source of the aura comes from his pack, and another comes from the compass in his hand.

JGMafia1
2009-11-13, 10:44 AM
Shiki

Shiki knows that the magic is the ruby he acquired just recently so he saves examining that for later. He instead focuses on the compass first, staring at it to figure out its function. Upon doing so he turns his gaze to his bag to figure out the ruby's function.

Stare at both the compass and the ruby in his pack for three rounds each

Shiace
2009-11-13, 09:32 PM
Nirav

Nirav continues to search the cave before returning to the group to report on his findings. He looks for Gerwin.

Hefty Lefty
2009-11-15, 01:30 AM
Coremita Mountains

The spellsage continues to appraise the sources of magic. The bronze compass in his hand radiates a strong aura of divination magic. The point of the compass' arrow seems to point in a direction northeast of its current location. A second, much more powerful source of power eminates from Shiki's backpack, however, it cannot be examined further without close studying.

A recently-calmed cleric searches the body of his fallen leader. On his person, Raniero wore, among his heavy banded mail armor, a gold pendant to Pelor and his compass around his neck. Whatever weapons the guardsman may have had, aside from a dagger sheathed around his shin brace, tumbled into the Loko River. Also among the soldier, in his brown leather pack, is a crumpled map of the Coremita Mountains, a coiled hempen rope of about thirty feet in length, trail rations for two travellers for two days, and a shattered hooded lantern. Lastly, a broken flask of oil is found, as everything inside is smeared in the sticky substance.

Nirav searches the cave for the red-headed Gerwin. His companion is no where to be found. As he enters the main room of the cave, he notices that he is in the middle of what was the battlefield just moments ago. Up on the ledge twenty feet up on his right, he thinks he can see the glint of gold amongst the dark, dank cave.

Shiace
2009-11-15, 12:03 PM
Nirav

Nirav sees the glittering gold and looks for a way to reach it. Aha, this is what I was looking for.

Hefty Lefty
2009-11-15, 03:48 PM

Nirav sees the twenty foot rock ledge to his right. Continuing forward, an upward slope leads to the right of the cave, and again, the glitter of gold can be seen.

Map:
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u285/HeftyLefty40/KoboldCaveTurn23.png

Shiace
2009-11-15, 06:38 PM
Nirav

Nirav carefully walks up the passageway, checking for any potential traps along the way.

Hefty Lefty
2009-11-15, 07:31 PM
Nirav

Nirav checks for any potential traps along the way.

Seach Check - [roll0]

Hefty Lefty
2009-11-15, 07:38 PM

As Nirav walks up the rocky slope, rubble crumbles and crunches under his feet. About ten feet up the incline, his the ground underneath his left foot suddenly gives way. Nirav falls into the darkness of the cave's second pit trap. Small rocks and debri from above falls on top of him as he lands square on his spine. Nirav lands square on a sharp rock, which impales his spine. A sharp pain is the only thing his mind can comprehend, the intense searing pain nearly slips him into unconsiousness, however, the hardy halfling is strong enough to weather the fall.

Pit Trap Damage - [roll0]
Nirav is disabled. He can only make one standard action or one move action per turn. If he makes a standard action, or any strenuous action, he will fall unconscious.

Shiace
2009-11-15, 09:43 PM
Nirav

Nirav suddenly feels the ground slip beneath him as he falls into a deep pit and feels a piercing pain in his spine. In the dimply lit cave and due to his stubborn greed for gold he missed the tell tale signs of a pit trap. Lying on his back all he can do is crawl off the painful rock and hope somebody will find him.

Sitzkrieg
2009-11-15, 10:38 PM
Gerwin Mae, Human Cleric

"Well, what are we supposed to do about it? If you want to go sword to scale with a dragon, be my guest. I bet this guy could take it, though," he says with a nod up at the glass-eyed and silent Frumorn. Having stripped Raniero down to just his cloth tunic and his chain of Pelor, he stands up and takes a step back. "I guess this is my job? I've never really had to do it before..." Not letting this stop him, he reaches down to the schoolbooks lying with his NBUP stamped water jug and the other objects he's removed from his backpack. He flips through the beaten book, settling on a page near the end. "Ahem. Though your body is still in death, your vibrant soul will travel far. May Pelor's bright eyes find you on this dark day. Let his strength call you to the blessed fields of Elysium. There see your mother, there see your father, there see your brothers and your sisters, there see the line of your people, back to the beginning. Take your place among them in the hallowed fields of the shining land. There the brave may live forever." He softly sets down the prayer book and gestures for help in lifting the body. With help, he tosses it far off the cliff into the mighty Loko.

"Now, we should really get going." He hoists his backpack, steps over the NBUP jug and the pile of old books, and continues along the north path, adjusting his spear in its harness.

Perform(Orate) [roll0]

Mr Snufflewumps
2009-11-16, 03:31 AM
Frumourn
Frumourn watches as Gerwin gives his commander his final rights and throws him off into the flowing water below. once the ritual is over he once again heads into the large cave opening once again trying to locate his fallen sword, once he gets into the cave he thoroughly begins his search again
Search Check[roll0]

Red Mage
2009-11-16, 10:45 AM
Colm

"Oi" spouts the aged halfling as the group begins to reset, "S'wee're jus guna keeeepon keeepinon inta de bludy feckin whhild?" I mean whhers'arrr wes evena goin'...? OI? whhhers de oaky basterd oooff to, and whhhers Neeravv? We shood haff soomewun collect 'im, shant we?"

JGMafia1
2009-11-16, 10:55 AM
Shiki

While proceeding further into the cave with Tethes, Shiki turns to the halfling saying, "He went ahead if my memory serves me, and we do need to decide where we are going once we make it through the cave ahead. I see two options, we can heard for Vaylindal which might or might not be completely safe, or try another less sure choice."

Shiki produces the compass he had been examining earlier. "This compass doesn't point north but instead to some fixed position. It's magical so I doubt it is just broken. What do you make of that Gerwin, being that it is yours?"

Sitzkrieg
2009-11-17, 03:18 PM
Gerwin Mae, Human Cleric
"Well look," he says, addressing the merchant and the halfling as they walk together into the cave, "Obviously it's dangerous out here. We've seen that. I think we ought to agree to stick together, you know, make a crew. I dunno how much we can trust the big guy, but at least we should keep him around for our own selves. Nirav too, he can fight. Every bit helps. I'm all for heading to Vaylindal together. We just don't have anywhere else to go." To the merchant, he adds. "I don't know, it's just something...y'know, Raniero had. Do you want to follow it? Maybe it leads somewhere. How close is it?"

As they step into the dark cave, the coolness sweeps over their bodies and Gerwin shakes off a chill. "Careful now. Keep your weapons up and watch out for pits." He shouts to the barbarian searching ahead, "Hey Big Guy! You wanna stick around with us a bit closer? We'll get you your sword!"

Hefty Lefty
2009-11-17, 04:48 PM

Gerwin and the newly formed crew venture into the cave together as a pack and quickly spot the barbarian.

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u285/HeftyLefty40/KoboldCaveTurn24-1.png

Hefty Lefty
2009-11-23, 10:38 AM

The group makes its way through the cave in search of Frumourn's sword and their lost teammate. They quickly spot him stuck in a familiar-looking hole. Frumourn grabs some rope and jumps down into the pit. He ties the rope around his battered friend and guides him up as the rest of the group pulls. He then climbs out of the hole, himself. The crew now continues up the rocky slope to find the glistening kobold horde. Among two small dead bodies, their rusted armor still latched, lies several small heaps of gold. Frumourn quickly spies his sword in the center of the room. After collecting their treasure, the team heads out of the cave. For the first time in quite some time, the white light of the sky blinds their eyes. It comes as a relief.

The party collects 250gp.
The party levels up!

Red Mage
2009-12-02, 04:20 PM
Colm

Fizzle ponders to himself...hmmmmmm, there be something I'm forgetin'....what was it
"OH YUH! nowah ai 'member!" and with a flick of his tiny fingers, and a purple wisp of smoke, a small ermine materializes into view. "How could I forget my familiar, Chamomile?" the weasel seems pleased to be out and about and quickly scurries up Tethes leg.

Hefty Lefty
2009-12-02, 09:03 PM
Amurel Forest

The party leaves through a cave arch and is pleased to see the blinding sunlight. The sun is still high. It's much hotter than in the cool cave. The Amurel Forest is deep with evergreen trees. Some small wild animals can be seen, such as rabbits and squirrels. The only sounds are the calm chirping of birds and the gentle wind blowing.

Sitzkrieg
2009-12-02, 10:58 PM
Gerwin Mae, Human Cleric

"Well, that's one way to start an adventure. Where to now? We'll have to find someplace safe before nightfall. It might take us a day or two to get back into travelling condition."

JGMafia1
2009-12-03, 12:29 AM
Tethes lets out a loud surprised yelp at the rodent's presence. She calms down quickly though and reaches out to hold the weasel. "Chamomile, was it? How cute!"

Mr Snufflewumps
2009-12-07, 12:25 PM
Frumourn
Still in a daze from the battle, and feeling extremely exhausted, Frumourn finds the nearest rock and takes a seat.
I'd have to agree with the cleric on this one gents, I'm more beat up then i have been in a long while, a day or two of R&R would probably do us all some good.

Shiace
2009-12-07, 08:40 PM
Nirav

"Aye. I agree. My body's beat. Took a nasty blow from that rock back there could use a few days rest." Nirav leans against a tree as the his body strains to remain upright.

JGMafia1
2009-12-07, 09:03 PM
"In that case Let's head to the city before we rest. I wouldn't feel safe camping in the wilderness with an orc army roaming about. We can reassess and re-equip at Vaylindal as well." Honestly, who in their right mind would want to do otherwise, not with monsters and other creatures roaming about on our scent.

Hefty Lefty
2009-12-11, 12:00 PM
Amurel Forest

Night falls quickly as the team makes its way through the forest. After four grueling hours of walking, occasionally through the rough plantlife for up to an hour at a time, the group decides to set up camp. Trees and long fallen branches act as a lean-to and the party sleeps under the stars. The rustling of small animals roaming the night scene can barely be heard.
The next day, the group wakes early at dawn and continues the journey. Again, the trail is arduous. By nightfall, the team emerges from the forest. The dirt-packed road the travellers follow to the massive city gates is a welcome sight. Inside, the city is relatively quiet, but many shops and inns are still lit from the inside.

Sitzkrieg
2009-12-11, 06:10 PM
Gerwin Mae, Human Cleric
"Aha, looks like we've still got some time to see the town tonight! I think we all deserve to take a break and get our minds off things. Who wants to join me at the Whistling Wizard? I've heard they've got some of the best ales around."

Gerwin has been diligently casting healing spells on his teammates during the journey, so everyone should be at full hp

Mr Snufflewumps
2009-12-11, 07:38 PM
Frumourn
"My friend I must say that nothing would appeal to me more than a strong drink and some large breasted women, let's get a move on before we miss out on the fun."

Hefty Lefty
2009-12-12, 07:58 AM
Statistics

All members of the party are at full health.

Hefty Lefty
2009-12-12, 08:11 AM
Vaylindal - Whilstling Wizard

Two blocks down the cobblestone streets, the party arrives at one of the few lit buildings. The Whilstling Wizard's sign, a large blue wizard's hat with the name across in gold lettering, hangs over the door. Inside the tavern, the people are still very much awake despite the late hours. Two elven bards play in the corner, surrounded by a crowd of six or seven bar-goers. Five drinkers sit at the bar, which is so busy that there are two bartenders tonight. The main area is littered about ten people at three tables being served meals, and indeed, there are large-breasted women.

Shiace
2009-12-13, 05:36 PM
Nirav

Nirav orders a mug of fine ale before awkwardly carrying the giant glass over to a corner booth, where he sits in silence and sips his drink, observing the people in the room around him. It's a crowded room. Perhaps I could slip some coin from one of these poor drunk old sods.

JGMafia1
2009-12-13, 06:08 PM
Shiki

Shiki goes straight to the bar and orders a drink for himself and Tethes. "Evening sir. My companion and I need a room for the night if there are any vacancies. We've also been on the road for quite some time and would appreciate any news you could offer us on any goings on in the area."

Sitzkrieg
2009-12-14, 09:17 AM
Gerwin Mae, Human Cleric

Gerwin pats his disappointingly vacant gold pouch before heading into the corner with Nirav. "I wouldn't bother, if I were you. It's easier to let them give it to you willingly." At Nirav's reaction, he grins smugly. "I know a con when I see one. I've been watching your eyes. Now it's your turn to watch." Gerwin approaches a fine-looking bar wench, chosen for her slight inability to hold herself stable, shoving through the small cadre of men offering her drinks and picking up a glare or two. "No. No, it can't be! It cannot be!" he announces in an crest of emotion. "I can't believe I found you so quickly!" he gushes, embracing her in a hug. At her confusion, his face grows earnest. "You simply must remember me, right? It's your cousin, Brendle. Oh, but we were so much younger then. It's quite alright, I suppose. I haven't forgotten! How's my dear old aunt doing?" Turning to the crowd, he announces: "Hello Vaylindal! This is a happy day! After so many years, Brendle is finally reunited with his beautiful cousin! Who wants to be the first to buy us a drink to celebrate?"

Bluff check: [roll0]