PDA

View Full Version : [SAGA] Use the Force!

NEO|Phyte
2009-08-08, 11:21 AM
So I've been pondering things SAGA, due to gearing up to run a game of it, and one of my lines of thought was "Just how many different skills can I replace with Use the Force?"

So I combed through my books for an answer, and this is what I found:

core book
Force Persuasion - Persuasion - Jedi talent
Force Intuition - Initiative - Jedi talent
Force Perception - Perception - Force talent (avoid surprise, notice enemies, sense deception, sense influence)
Force Pilot - Pilot - Force talent
Force Treatment - Treat Injury - Force Adept talent
Force Deception - Deception - Sith Apprentice talent

Jedi Academy
Instinctive Navigation - Use Computer - Force talent (astrogation, sensor operation)
White Current Adept - Stealth - White Current Adept talent
Fluidity - Acrobatics - Shapers of Kro Var talent
Since non-jedi class levels seemed like a silly thing to do on a character based around using the force as much as possible, Darth Force doesn't use multiclass shenanigans to pick up the force talents in a timely fashion, ending up as a Jedi 7/Sith Apprentice 5/Force Adept 5 with all of his talents dumped into prereqs and the ability to use UtF for assorted things.

So did I manage to miss any talents?

AstralFire
2009-08-08, 11:30 AM
Without a very good backstory, you'll have trouble taking the Sith class and getting the Shapers/White Current talents without taking Force Disciple/Jedi Master/Sith Lord, which let you dabble in multitradition. As it is, technically the Jedi Class is just for the Jedi/Sith traditions.

Still, pretty awesome.

NEO|Phyte
2009-08-08, 11:35 AM
Without a very good backstory, you'll have trouble taking the Sith class and getting the Shapers/White Current talents without taking Force Disciple/Jedi Master/Sith Lord, which let you dabble in multitradition. As it is, technically the Jedi Class is just for the Jedi/Sith traditions.

Still, pretty awesome.

Maybe I'm missing something, but where does it say Force Disciple/Jedi Master/Sith Lord let you dabble in multitradition? Looking at the force traditions stuff in the core book, it just says that being a member of more than one tradition is uncommon.
But yeah, have to stay sith for the Sith Apprentice one, hence Darth Force.

AstralFire
2009-08-08, 11:48 AM
Maybe I'm missing something, but where does it say Force Disciple/Jedi Master/Sith Lord let you dabble in multitradition? Looking at the force traditions stuff in the core book, it just says that being a member of more than one tradition is uncommon.
But yeah, have to stay sith for the Sith Apprentice one, hence Darth Force.

I know for a fact the Jedi Master is explicitly allowed to select Force talents from other traditions, and I believe it is the same for the other two 'master Force user' classes. It'd be hard (but not impossible) to rationalize being a Sith, Shapers of Kro Var, and a Fallanassi all at once. The last two are the hardest to combine, though Fallanassi lean towards light side heavily IIRC which can cause Sith issues.

NEO|Phyte
2009-08-08, 11:59 AM
I know for a fact the Jedi Master is explicitly allowed to select Force talents from other traditions, and I believe it is the same for the other two 'master Force user' classes.
Hmm, not seeing anything like that in the class, was it added in one of the other books?

Mando Knight
2009-08-08, 12:02 PM

Or not:

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/e/e4/Caedus_EA.jpg

AstralFire
2009-08-08, 12:04 PM
Hmm, not seeing anything like that in the class, was it added in one of the other books?

Page 220, "or any Force talent tree in Chapter 6: The Force."

As all Force Sensitives already can select from the Alter/Control/Sense/Dark Side trees as they wish, this is meant to cover alternate traditions, something confirmed by the designers.

Or not:

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/e/e4/Caedus_EA.jpg

I think Caedus qualifies as Jedi Master/Sith Lord. :smallyuk:

NEO|Phyte
2009-08-08, 12:25 PM
Page 220, "or any Force talent tree in Chapter 6: The Force."

"You must meet the prerequisites (if any) of the chosen talent"
You need to be a member of the tradition to access their talent tree.

AstralFire
2009-08-08, 12:36 PM
http://forums.gleemax.com/showpost.php?p=12703664&postcount=6

Q: The Force Disciple is able to select talents from "...any Force talent tree in Chapter Six: The Force." (p.215) (There is similar wording for the Jedi Master and Sith Lord prestige class.) Does this include the Force tradition talent trees in Chapter Six (Jensaarai and Dathomiri Witch) or is it only referring to the Force-sensitive trees (Alter, Control, Dark Side, Sense)? If it's only the Force-sensitive trees, then is that language redundant since someone with Force Sensitivity can always select talents from those trees, or are there times when such a character is allowed to select a talent but is not allowed to select from the Force-sensitive trees?

A: It includes the Force tradition trees.

Red text means developer confirmed.

NEO|Phyte
2009-08-08, 07:22 PM
Hmm, that would appear to bring Darth Force's build down to Jedi 7/Sith Apprentice 5/Force Adept 1/Sith Lord 3 for minimum non-shenanigans achieving of talents, and also makes the force tradition stuff go away, which is handy.

NEO|Phyte
2009-08-12, 05:02 PM
A new talent has been brought to my attention!

Clone Wars
Insight of the Force - Knowledge - Jedi Knight talent (untrained knowledges only)

This makes Darth Force a Jedi 7/Jedi Knight 1/Sith Apprentice 5/Force Adept 1/Sith Lord 3, with a tragic tale of how insights gained after achieving knighthood caused him to fall to the Dark Side.