PDA

View Full Version : Dragons in DnD 3.5ed as player characters

Paganboy28
2009-08-08, 11:59 AM
What sort of true dragon would you play or would you say is the most uber in terms of a PC?

Also, what class would you mesh onto it?

I am thinking maybe a Tome Dragon Archivist would be a rather potent combination or a Tome Dragon Druid going to a Arcane Heirophant?

Opinions?

Also, what are opinions on the Multi-headed template combined with the Multi-voice feat. As a caster, this makes soem dragons uber. IMO

Llama231
2009-08-08, 12:02 PM
Advanced Great Wyrm Prismatic Wizard Lich. If epic dragons don't count, then Gold.

Also, I think that this would do better in the Roleplaying Games (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30) section of the forum.

ZeroNumerous
2009-08-08, 01:04 PM
Advanced Great Wyrm Force Dracolich Archivist//Factotum

factotum
2009-08-08, 02:47 PM
I dread to think what the Level Adjustment on a PC dragon would be...

Athaniar
2009-08-08, 06:01 PM
The info on dragon PCs (Chromatic, at least) is in an issue of Dragon, although I'm not sure of the details. I'll check it out and return tomorrow.

Mando Knight
2009-08-08, 06:07 PM
I dread to think what the Level Adjustment on a PC dragon would be...

Young Gold has a +6 LA, plus 14 HD. Wyrmling has +4 and 8 HD. It's in the SRD (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/dragonTrue.htm).

factotum
2009-08-09, 12:53 AM
That's the Level Adjustment when playing them as NPCs, though, isn't it? They don't have to be balanced so well in that case. A +6 LA for a PC character with an extra 14 hit dice and a shedload of additional abilities doesn't sound that high to me.

Belobog
2009-08-09, 12:56 AM
That's the Level Adjustment when playing them as NPCs, though, isn't it? They don't have to be balanced so well in that case. A +6 LA for a PC character with an extra 14 hit dice and a shedload of additional abilities doesn't sound that high to me.

Hit Dice counts as levels, remember. A Young Gold Dragon is an ECL 20 character.