PDA

View Full Version : World 1.0 and prequel books...

xyzzy
2009-08-08, 02:02 PM
I'm thinking a prequel book taking place in World 1.0 is a strong possibility; this world is obviously going to play a fairly major role in the story at some point, and in some form or fashion both we and the Order will need a huge amount of exposition. So, I'm thinking the next prequel book will probably focus on that world.

So, follow another adventuring party from W1? Or perhaps the story could start with the Order of the Scribble and eventually move to Kraagor exploring the world he falls into?

Bibliomancer
2009-08-08, 02:36 PM
So do you also think that the world shown there is World One? DO you think that it was recreated by the Snarl or merely absorbed?

factotum
2009-08-08, 02:46 PM
I don't see there would be any benefit to a prequel set in World 1, even if it IS the world we see inside the rift--it has no connection to the world we've spent 672 strips in.

BatRobin
2009-08-08, 07:51 PM
Your point?

World 1 AKA the world seen in the Crayon of Time strips is very important.

What if the Crayons of Time mini-arc was really a twisted tale passed along generations? What if the Snarl never killed the Gods, but instead merely absorbed them?

Richard J.
2009-08-08, 08:09 PM
I think it's a little too early for a World 1.0 book actually. I've got a feeling Mr. Burlew's got some big twists coming about the Snarl. Depending on how many of those will involve the Order of the Scribble and any possible inaccuracies to the recorded history, a prequel with them and potentially any story set in 1.0 might be massively spoilery.

Of course, I'm not sure what else could be done for a prequel book right now though. Kinda wish we'd get something with the Linear Guild.

EmperorSarda
2009-08-08, 08:09 PM
I think a lot would depend on how long it took the Snarl to reveal itself after world 1.0 was created. And much depends on what happens in the main overall plot that a prequel book of the destruction of world 1.0 probably isn't even a consideration yet.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-08-08, 08:35 PM
What's World 1.0?

xyzzy
2009-08-08, 08:44 PM
What's World 1.0?

The name that's popped up for the original world which according to Shojo's backstory the Snarl destroyed. Technically, this thread is about the planet within a planet, which may or may not be W1.