PDA

View Full Version : The first movie to make you cry (spoilers , but likely old ones)

Setra
2009-08-08, 03:28 PM
I was discussing movies with a friend when this topic came up, I just thought it'd be an interesting topic to share with others.

Personally the first movie to make me cry was The Land Before Time, when Littlefoot's mother died.

Berserk Monk
2009-08-08, 03:29 PM
Sorry. I don't cry. I'm a dude.

kamikasei
2009-08-08, 03:47 PM
I'm a dude and I cry plenty. I couldn't possibly remember the first occasion, though. So I'll throw an odd one out there that I do know was early on: 2010, the scene with HAL and Dr. Floyd.

"Thank you for telling me the truth."
"You deserve it."

\/ Was it An American Tail (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090633/)?

Kaelaroth
2009-08-08, 03:52 PM
I don't remember what it was called, or whether it was the first film I teared up to.
But it involved a mouse, and I remember being very, very worried.

orchitect
2009-08-08, 04:11 PM
Phenomenon with John Travolta is the first movie that made me cry buckets. I'm still not sure why. Michael did it too (also starring John Travolta).

terrant
2009-08-08, 04:27 PM
I'm a dude and I cry - that way people know I'm not an a***ly repressed sociopath ;-)

"Secrets & Lies" - not normally my sort of film but it was brilliant. The agony of the Timothy Spall character just wanting everyone to be nice to each other as they faced up to the family truths, while almost blind to his wife's own childless pain

Jinura
2009-08-08, 04:53 PM
Well I don't know what movies had, but I've begun to cry over a few books actually :smallredface:

Astrella
2009-08-08, 04:56 PM
The Iron Giant.

Cyrano
2009-08-08, 05:04 PM
I don't know, but considering me and my father watched The Lion King on a daily basis for some time, and especially since this was before any sort of schooling age, I'ma go ahead and guess that.

Seraph
2009-08-08, 05:06 PM
Grave of the Fireflies.

Tengu_temp
2009-08-08, 05:12 PM
I think it was E. T., when the titular alien got sick and was dying. He got better later, of course, but I didn't know that obvious plot twist back then.

Sorry. I don't cry. I'm a dude.

You didn't even cry as a kid? Are you a Fremen by any chance?

Berserk Monk
2009-08-08, 05:13 PM
{Scrubbed}

Cubey
2009-08-08, 05:17 PM
{Scrubbed}

Piedmon_Sama
2009-08-08, 05:18 PM
I think I cried from fear watching the original Jurassic Park. :V

Icewalker
2009-08-08, 05:18 PM
Hmm, can't think of any specific. Whatever did so first was a long time ago, and I couldn't remember what it might be. Recently teared up to the epic-ness of the music which opens Hunchback of Notre Dame though.

Dragor
2009-08-08, 05:27 PM
A.I: Artificial Intelligence made me tear up loads when I was younger. I still get a little misty eyed, but I think that's out of nostalgia more than anything.

Forbiddenwar
2009-08-08, 05:29 PM
One of the first movies I remember crying at is My Girl. when the little boy dies at the end. I think that was my first real connection with death, and how it is not only mothers who die, but little boys, just like I was.

Ravens_cry
2009-08-08, 05:38 PM
My second viewing of Titanic in the theatre, with the old couple together to the end. The first anime to make me cry was Full Metal Alchemist, when the two boys pretending to be Edward and Alphonse find out why their mother didn't help them. First CGI to make me cry was Wall-E.

Forbiddenwar
2009-08-08, 05:43 PM
The first anime to make me cry was Full Metal Alchemist, when the two boys pretending to be Edward and Alphonse find out why their mother didn't help them.

umm, this didn't happen. are you referring to the Ishballian (red eye) refugee brothers? yes, that made me cry the first time I saw it too. it was a great episode, adding depth to all the characters including the mass murderer, Scar. (I just saw it recently on DVD)

Setra
2009-08-08, 06:04 PM
I am honestly surprised at the lack of Bambi.. for some reason I was expecting it.

Ravens_cry
2009-08-08, 06:07 PM
umm, this didn't happen. are you referring to the Ishballian (red eye) refugee brothers? yes, that made me cry the first time I saw it too. it was a great episode, adding depth to all the characters including the mass murderer, Scar. (I just saw it recently on DVD)
Maybe I am confusing the two, it's been a while. I mean the boys who lost their mother in a fire.

Forbiddenwar
2009-08-08, 06:22 PM
Maybe I am confusing the two, it's been a while. I mean the boys who lost their mother in a fire.

thats the Ishballian refugees. I only know it, because I saw the episode on dvd yesterday.

Forbiddenwar
2009-08-08, 06:25 PM
I am honestly surprised at the lack of Bambi.. for some reason I was expecting it.

Bambi was sad, but it was:
a) a cartoon
b) off screen gunshot
I think the off screen made it very less real than when littlefoots mother dies right in front of him.
I did cry when I saw Land before time, too. I just can't remember if it was before or after seeing My Girl.

Berserk Monk
2009-08-08, 06:29 PM
You didn't even cry as a kid? Are you a Fremen by any chance?

I was never a kid. The moment I was born I became a WARRIOR!

Setra
2009-08-08, 06:34 PM
Bambi was sad, but it was:
a) a cartoon
b) off screen gunshot
I think the off screen made it very less real than when littlefoots mother dies right in front of him.
I did cry when I saw Land before time, too. I just can't remember if it was before or after seeing My Girl.
Even still it has a reputation of sorts, so I was still expecting to see it.

Myshlaevsky
2009-08-08, 06:35 PM
I can't remember this one at all. I know I cried at 2001: A Space Odyssey but I don't think there are many, if any, others.

I can remember crying at a book, but not at a movie.

PumpkinEater
2009-08-08, 06:48 PM
Pan's Labyrinth

Fri
2009-08-08, 07:06 PM
Big Fish, and that's as an adult. I don't really remember crying for watching anything as a kid, really. Maybe I don't really watch much as a kid.

Sequinox
2009-08-08, 07:08 PM
My second viewing of Titanic in the theatre, with the old couple together to the end. The first anime to make me cry was Full Metal Alchemist, when the two boys pretending to be Edward and Alphonse find out why their mother didn't help them. First CGI to make me cry was Wall-E.

Wall-E was a much scarier movie than it should have been.

And I have yet to cry to a movie, for the thread's question...

littlebottom
2009-08-08, 07:10 PM
The first anime to make me cry was Full Metal Alchemist, when the two boys pretending to be Edward and Alphonse find out why their mother didn't help them.

wait... you mean the death of hughes didnt make you cry? seriously, i hardly ever cry at films and such, but that got me real bad...

errm.. did i just say that? i mean, i never cry, im too manly! (phew, i think that did it)

orchitect
2009-08-08, 07:10 PM
Big Fish, and that's as an adult. I don't really remember crying for watching anything as a kid, really. Maybe I don't really watch much as a kid.

I saw that with my dad and we both cried at the end. Great movie.

FoE
2009-08-08, 07:17 PM
I think I wept for An American Tail when I was a kid.

CDR_Doom
2009-08-08, 08:30 PM
I don't cry nearly ever (not cause it isn't manly or whatever, I just don't show emotions outwardly as much) but I always tear up during the Lord of the Rings: RotK when Faramir makes the charge to retake Osgiliath. It's the only point in the whole trilogy where you feel like there isn't any hope at all.

Zevox
2009-08-08, 08:49 PM
...I don't have a clue. Probably something from when I was a kid. Maybe Bambi (his mother's death), The Land Before Time (Littlefoot's mother), or The Lion King (Mufasa's death). I can't be sure - I don't remember my exact reactions from when I was so young.

I couldn't even tell you when the last time I cried at a movie was, actually. Because I don't watch all that many movies, and those I do tend not to be sad. For instance, the last one I saw was Iron Man, over a year ago. Before that, I can't recall any exact order, but over about the last decade I saw all three Shrek movies, all three X-Men, all three Lord of the Rings, all three Star Wars prequels, Pirates of the Caribbean 2 and 3, Happily Never After, Fantastic Four, the first new Transformers... and any others I'm drawing a blank on. Don't think I cried during any of those... but again, I can't be sure. That's just not something I make a long-term memory of I guess.

Zevox

darkblust
2009-08-08, 09:09 PM
Oddly enough,I did'nt cry at all at when I saw any of the movies listed above.Probably cause I was too young to understand it.

The first movie I cried at was 'return to neverland'.it was the saddest movie I have ever watched,and i'm surprised nobody else has mentioned it.

miserable
2009-08-08, 10:18 PM
The first I can remember crying to was at the end of The Joy Luck Club.
The main character was angry at her mother for leaving her twin daughters alongside a road during some sort of Chinese death march (thinking she did it to save her self). Her mother was dead during the movie but at the end her father
set her straight and told her that she was on the verge of death from dysentery and left the twins with all her wordly goods hoping someone would take them while she wandered off to die, but someone saved her too after the twins were gone. Then her father gave her his only picture of her mother and she's like , I can't take this , its all you have of her . And he says something like I don't need them to remember her ....weeping

The worst I cried though was at the end of Bridge to Teribithia..... :(
That had me sobbing like a little baby with no candy.

Hands_Of_Blue
2009-08-08, 10:35 PM
The first I remember crying at was Harry and the Hendersons.

The Tygre
2009-08-08, 10:38 PM
Dragonheart. Sweet merciful lord, Dragonheart. I -still- cry at the end of Dragonheart.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-08-08, 10:44 PM
Dragonheart. Sweet merciful lord, Dragonheart. I -still- cry at the end of Dragonheart.

Oh my gatos, me too!
I was like, six, or something, and I remember crawling into my dad's lap and bawling.

Cristo Meyers
2009-08-08, 10:49 PM
The ending of Jacob's Ladder gets me every time.

Flame of Anor
2009-08-08, 11:36 PM
I don't cry nearly ever (not cause it isn't manly or whatever, I just don't show emotions outwardly as much) but I always tear up during the Lord of the Rings: RotK when Faramir makes the charge to retake Osgiliath. It's the only point in the whole trilogy where you feel like there isn't any hope at all.

Wow, almost exactly the same story here. Only change I'd make would be that my "choke point" (ha ha) is when Boromir dies. "I would have fought beside you...my brother...my captain...my king!" *dies*

Piedmon_Sama
2009-08-08, 11:44 PM
In all seriousness, I never cried at anything as a child---Dragonheart is the only movie I can think of where I came close. But ever since I reached my 20s for some reason I tear up thinking about stuff like the final charge scene in The Last Samurai.

So guy with swords charging guys with guns (or arrows) is basically my big Weep Button. XD I am a big huge girl for doomed displays of gallantry.

Ravens_cry
2009-08-08, 11:45 PM
wait... you mean the death of hughes didnt make you cry? seriously, i hardly ever cry at films and such, but that got me real bad...

errm.. did i just say that? i mean, i never cry, im too manly! (phew, i think that did it)
I just said it was the first. Never said it was the last.

Wall-E was a much scarier movie than it should have been.
These were happy tears at the end.

Moofin Bard
2009-08-08, 11:55 PM
I think I wept for An American Tail when I was a kid.

OMG I was gonna say that! The one with the Russian mice or whatever and Fiefel or whatever gets separated? I cried when they were all calling his name and looking for him.

ChameleonX11
2009-08-09, 12:40 AM
The Green Mile is the first one that I can remember.

...What?

Lerky
2009-08-09, 12:42 AM
We Are Marshall (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/We_Are_Marshall)

factotum
2009-08-09, 12:43 AM
I actually can't remember a movie that made me cry. Problem is, you don't really get enough time in a typical movie for me to identify enough with the characters to cry when they die. I have been known to be in tears when a major character dies at the end of a TV mini-series or a book, because I've spent more time with the characters and can identify with them more.

T-O-E
2009-08-09, 12:49 AM

Same. Such a good ending.

RTGoodman
2009-08-09, 12:51 AM
I don't usually cry at anything (though the end of Neil Gaiman's "The Graveyard Book" had me almost weeping the other night), but I can remember crying at one movie in my life - The Lion King, at Mufasa's death. I mean, I was like 5 at the time anyway, and I STILL think it's a pretty sad part. I think it might have been the first movie I ever saw where anyone died at all, but I'm not sure.

Moofin Bard
2009-08-09, 01:21 AM
GOD I love that book. It's so good. Neil is a god seriously.

Rasagal
2009-08-09, 02:14 AM
Transformers The Movie, the 1980 one. When Optimus Prime died i teared up quite much. That robot was my childhood hero and even now at the age of 24 i still got the toy of him i had bought when i was 8 right here on my desk.
The new movie version teared me up a bit too but that was mostly rage so it doesn't really count. Though hearing his voice again was a welcome surprise,

Jerthanis
2009-08-09, 02:54 AM
It was a book and not a movie, but my first event of crying over media was the ending of The High King, of the Prydain Chronicles. The combination of character deaths, heartbreaking sacrifices by the heroes, and the end to a favorite series that I knew there wasn't ever going to be more of made me howl like a siren.

Also, I'm pretty sure I cried at My Girl, but I literally remember nothing about that movie, so I may have heard it was a sad movie ahead of time and avoided it.

toasty
2009-08-09, 02:58 AM
Even still it has a reputation of sorts, so I was still expecting to see it.

I hated bambi as a child. I don't even remember that movie much more than thinking it was really, really boring.

I think first movie I cried over was... Shiloh, the movie.

I probably also cried during Lion King, I'm not sure though.

xanaphia
2009-08-09, 03:35 AM
I was discussing movies with a friend when this topic came up, I just thought it'd be an interesting topic to share with others.

Personally the first movie to make me cry was The Land Before Time, when Littlefoot's mother died.

You're not alone. (http://xkcd.com/233/)

hanzo66
2009-08-09, 06:11 AM
The earliest time I remembered crying at a movie was watching The Prince of Egypt, when Moses' mother was singing that song in the beginning while putting his cradle on the river. Since my mother happened to be on a business trip or something at the time it got a bit personal...

paddyfool
2009-08-09, 08:47 AM
Spartacus, I think.

pita
2009-08-09, 10:44 AM
Million Dollar Baby (Spoilers ahead, so I'm moving it down a lot. Please don't read it. My sig is indeed funny, but you do not want this movie spoilered all for a relevant Sacha Baron Cohen quote)

You get to watch a hopeless fighter become a champion, and then you watch how she loses because someone else is an ass, and then you watch her begging to die, and then you watch her dying... Clint Eastwood has moved far from the Westerns indeed. The man is a genius. I heard that Changeling is worse. My big brother told me he couldn't stop crying, and his girlfriend told me she had to change shirt afterwards because the shoulder had snot and tears all over it.
I haven't cried yet in any other movie, although I cried Snyder-Tears at the beautifully choreographed River battle scene at the end of Serenity. Such grace - SHE'S WIELDING AN AXE AND A SWORD AND KILLING EVERYONE - pure awesome.

Forbiddenwar
2009-08-09, 11:35 AM
It was a book and not a movie, but my first event of crying over media was the ending of The High King, of the Prydain Chronicles. The combination of character deaths, heartbreaking sacrifices by the heroes, and the end to a favorite series that I knew there wasn't ever going to be more of made me howl like a siren.

Ditto. I still tear up after reading the series.

Omergideon
2009-08-12, 06:40 AM
Bambi without a doubt. You all know the scene.

It also happens to be the first movie I remember seeing, and still my favourite film of all time so hey.

grolim
2009-08-12, 07:15 AM
Not a movie, but at the end of B5 when Sheridan goes off alone to die and when they put the station's reactors on overload and all of the ships outside as an honor guard.

bosssmiley
2009-08-12, 07:21 AM
Bambi without a doubt. You all know the scene.

It also happens to be the first movie I remember seeing, and still my favourite film of all time so hey.

Just doing the voice makes Miss Eggy cry. :smallamused:

"Mother? Mother?"

I never used to cry at films, but that's coz I was raised on westerns, war movies and action films. The first one I remember crying at was "Sophie's Choice".

Blackjackg
2009-08-12, 02:49 PM
I can't recall, exactly. I suspect I was an emotionally fragile kid. If I had to make a guess, I'd say probably "E.T." Curse you, Spielberg, and your emotional manipulation.

I can tell you the last movie to make me cry was "The Trouble With Angels." That... that was a weird day.

Joran
2009-08-12, 03:11 PM
I don't think I cry at movies, since I can emotionally separate myself pretty well, but the end of Swing Kids was pretty rough.

Looking at the cast... Holy crap, it has a young Dr. Wilson and a young Batman...

Grave of the Fireflies is an absolutely beautiful movie that I will never see again.

Forbiddenwar
2009-08-12, 03:15 PM
I always cry when I see books burned in movies, the recent one I saw being "Pleasentville"
Does that make me a freak?

Cristo Meyers
2009-08-12, 03:16 PM
Looking at the cast... Holy crap, it has a young Dr. Wilson and a young Batman...

It is kinda weird to watch old movies and see Wilson or other actors pop up. Dead Poets Society made both my wife and I do double-takes.

Grave of the Fireflies is an absolutely beautiful movie that I will never see again.

I've really been meaning to catch that sometime...

Jamin
2009-08-12, 03:24 PM
I always cry when I see books burned in movies, the recent one I saw being "Pleasentville"
Does that make me a freak?

No it doesn't. I think that is a good thing to be sad over.

Surrealistik
2009-08-12, 03:39 PM
The Fountain

Blackjackg
2009-08-12, 03:45 PM
It is kinda weird to watch old movies and see Wilson or other actors pop up. Dead Poets Society made both my wife and I do double-takes.

That's funny. I loved Dead Poets Society, and House made me do a double take.

Moofin Bard
2009-08-12, 03:49 PM
I think the first time I actually cried watching something, it wasn't a movie, was on Degrassi when Marco got beat up cuz he was gay then Jimmy shows up and he hugs him and cries.

That made me hurt inside.

Jamin
2009-08-12, 04:20 PM
I don't know about movies but 13 Reasons Why(a book) is just soooo sad :smallfrown: cries

Jerthanis
2009-08-12, 04:21 PM
I've really been meaning to catch that sometime...

It's overrated, the movie isn't really all that sad. Most of the movie is downright upbeat, and it spoils itself by starting at the end and telling you exactly how sad it is. Then at the very VERY end it shows the main characters happily skipping along through a magical land of flowers and gumdrop happiness. It's really not as tragic as it gets drummed up as.

The real story, the person whose memoirs the story is based on... THAT is a sad story.

adanedhel9
2009-08-12, 05:08 PM
I don't recall ever crying about any media. Certainly never a movie, though I sometimes get close at the end of a good series (B5 comes to mind - both times it ended).

Blackjackg
2009-08-12, 05:09 PM
It's overrated, the movie isn't really all that sad. Most of the movie is downright upbeat, and it spoils itself by starting at the end and telling you exactly how sad it is. Then at the very VERY end it shows the main characters happily skipping along through a magical land of flowers and gumdrop happiness. It's really not as tragic as it gets drummed up as.

The real story, the person whose memoirs the story is based on... THAT is a sad story.

Now that you mention it, I recall walking away from that movie mostly just thinking what an idiot the protagonist was and how most of his woes were his own fault. Still sad, in a way, but frustrating, too. Maybe there are cultural factors of which I'm not grasping the importance, and the book describes them better. *shrug*

Joran
2009-08-12, 05:12 PM
Now that you mention it, I recall walking away from that movie mostly just thinking what an idiot the protagonist was and how most of his woes were his own fault. Still sad, in a way, but frustrating, too. Maybe there are cultural factors of which I'm not grasping the importance, and the book describes them better. *shrug*

That's actually my feeling throughout the movie. For me, the tragedy was how avoidable the sister's plight is, and I was rather annoyed and angry at the brother throughout the entire movie. Frustrating is probably the right word for how I felt at the end.

Maelstrom
2009-08-15, 06:29 AM
Old yeller...first and still...

Lord Loss
2009-08-15, 06:49 AM
Turner and Hooch. WHYDIDNTHEMAKEITWHATABADVETARRGH!!!! (cries in corner)

Shades of Gray
2009-08-15, 07:07 AM
Some adaptation of See Spot Run. I cried when the dog died.

twas a while ago.

osyluth
2009-08-15, 03:12 PM
It seems like the dog in any dog book or movie always has to die at the end. It gets old after a while.

_Zoot_
2009-08-15, 08:55 PM
So guy with swords charging guys with guns (or arrows) is basically my big Weep Button. XD I am a big huge girl for doomed displays of gallantry.

I'm the same, the only times that i can think of when i am tempted to cry at movies are in moments like this.

Winthur
2009-08-15, 09:39 PM
Grave of the Fireflies. I was a maybe 8 year old kid. I didn't understand a lot. I cried like a baby. It was so powerful.

And then there's Armageddon. How could they do that to Bruce Willis... :smallfrown:

nanobot_swarm
2009-08-16, 11:13 PM
When I was 7 or 8, Shiloh, something about the boy and the dog not being together or something.
I haven't cried at a movie since.

Flyingfox
2009-08-17, 08:30 AM
Gosh, that's tough. I cry all the time.... Probably The Lion King.

Atelm
2009-08-17, 08:38 AM
Hmm, can't remember the first one but I'm sure there were some. Grave of the Fireflies is one definite candidate, couldn't help but cry.

mikeejimbo
2009-08-17, 10:09 AM
The Green Mile is the first one that I can remember.

...What?

I cried at that one, too. I can't really blame you for it being the first, since in some ways it's more emotional than some of these others.

I don't know the first, but I do remember crying at The Lion King. That may have been the earliest.

Tannhaeuser
2009-08-17, 08:38 PM
Snoopy Come Home. I was eight.

Seraph
2009-08-18, 02:30 PM

its probably because the voice actor sounds old enough that you forget the protagonist is only, what? 12? 13? of course his actions were stupid, he was young enough to just not understand how the real world works.

Hadessniper
2009-08-19, 02:12 PM
Do TV shows count, because the first piece of entertainment to make me cry, not just tear up, would have to be the episode of Buffy the vampire slayer that Buffy's mom died. It made me cry like a freaking baby. In my opinion it's one of the best portrayals of grief ever. To this day I can't watch it without crying.

Gorgondantess
2009-08-20, 12:36 AM
Books, sure, I've cried at a few books, but the first movie that made me cry, and the last... not some kid's movie, no. American Beauty, when Lester dies. I close my eyes and plug my ears through that scene even now after I've watched the film about, oh, a dozen times. And even with the ear plugging, I still jump when the shot goes off.
Phantom of the Opera, when the eponymous character is smashing the mirrors, got me a bit watery but no tears were shed.

Forbiddenwar
2009-08-20, 01:17 AM
Do TV shows count, because the first piece of entertainment to make me cry, not just tear up, would have to be the episode of Buffy the vampire slayer that Buffy's mom died. It made me cry like a freaking baby. In my opinion it's one of the best portrayals of grief ever. To this day I can't watch it without crying.

ditto. I bought the series after seeing that show.

"mom? . . .
mom? . . .
mommy?"

Guancyto
2009-08-20, 01:22 AM
The Killing Fields. Age 10.

Something about the slaughter of millions of people always made me think Bambi's mother made a very nice dinner. :smalltongue:

I probably had a little too much fun pointing that out to people back in the day.

Teron
2009-08-20, 01:24 AM
Old yeller...first and still...
I don't remember the first movie to make me cry, but this one sure as hell traumatized me.

"There isn't really a disease that makes your dog want to kill you... is there?" :smalleek:

"OK, but people can't get it, right?" :eek:

It was made even worse by the fact that, in French, it's called "rage", which otherwise means the same thing as it does in English. As an innocent little child, this was in fact quite like being told werewolves are real.

Ripped Shirt Kirk
2009-08-20, 01:53 PM
Raptor island. Go look at it, and you will see why.

Dienekes
2009-08-20, 06:49 PM
I have never in my recollection cried at a movie (not trying to be macho. I will admit to crying at plays and once while reading a book. But for some reason never before a screen)

However the closest that I have come would be to the death of Littlefoot's mother in Land Before Time. Damn you Sharptooth

Mr. Scaly
2009-08-21, 07:31 AM
Free Willy.

Yes, Free Willy. I was a kid once too...

More recently, the end of Peter Jackson's King Kong.

Derthric
2009-08-21, 11:20 PM
I dont remember which was first but here is the list

Land Before Time
Fox and the Hound - He has to hunt his best friend!
Empire Strikes Back - We didn't have the first one or Jedi, so I didn't know what happened and my older sister just told me Han was dead.

Neko Toast
2009-08-21, 11:26 PM
Oddly enough, I didn't cry at films when I was a kid. It was when I grew older that certain films have gotten me teary eyed.

I'm not sure that I can recall the first one that made me cry, but the farthest memory I can recall that involved a film that I cried during was the Green Mile. I was a freshman in high school then. God, that movie's ending is so depressing... I cried when I read the end of the book, too (book's SO much better than the movie, btw).