PDA

View Full Version : A quick Scion question.

Evil DM Mark3
2009-08-08, 05:54 PM
Are Amazons viable targets for Jotunblut?

Jotunblut cannot be used by a Scion on
titanspawn, their fellow Scions or other supernatural beings only mortals and animals.

Amazons are described under the category MORE HUMAN THAN HUMAN which begins thus
Let’s face it, most mortal adversaries are beneath your character’s notice. True, a few rare mortals can thwart your Scion’s divine majesty in certain situations, but most such individuals lack any real knowledge of the true nature of the World or any capacity to defy the will of a child of the Gods. Most, but not all. There are some mortals who have exceeded the limitations of humanity. By hook or by crook, these mortals have gained abilities that make them a credible threat to any Scion they encounter… or possibly potent allies instead.

For referance this is all to do with a Scion of Odin and his skjalmö wife (it was a political marrage, Odin pissed of the leader of the skjalmö a while ago and they both needed an excuse to forget this and team up to carry on with the war without loosing face.)

Djinn_in_Tonic
2009-08-08, 06:22 PM
Seems valid. I'd say go for it. After all, amazons are not titanspawn, not Scions, and not really supernatural...so they seem to qualify.

horus42
2009-08-08, 11:20 PM
I agree with Djinn. Amazons are mortals. Exceptional mortals, but mortals nonetheless.

TheOOB
2009-08-09, 12:36 AM
They would be a valid target, as they are still mortals. I prefer the term Exalted uses "heroic mortal", someone who, while still mortal, is powerful enough to be relevant even in the face of divine beings.

Evil DM Mark3
2009-08-09, 05:12 PM
3/3 say yes, yes it is!