PDA

View Full Version : Music you're hopelessly addicted to.

A_Dark_Danish
2006-06-15, 04:40 AM
Well, at the moment, I cannot stop listening to a host of songs, but the top three are Pantera's Cowboys from Hell, The Chronicles of Narnia's Track 12, The Battle (Music at end of movie when there's a big battle), and Unreal Tournament 2003's menu music. Ugh, and a ton of others. I need help! ;D

Is that a good thing?? :-/

... :-X

Gary_Howard
2006-06-15, 04:44 AM
Two free downloads from Chumbawumba's homepage - Jacob's Ladder and The Wizard of Menlo Park.

http://www.chumba.com/Chumbawambadownloadsound1.html

If either of those comes on the shuffle while I'm riding my bike, I find I suddenly have the steam to go at least twice what I was before.

bosssmiley
2006-06-15, 04:51 AM
You remember the film "Hannibal"? Remember the scene at the opera? Remember the music from that? Had that in my head all day (literally woke up with the music playing in my mind), can't shift it, and can't for the life of me find out what it's called. :(

edit: Ah-hah, "Vide Cor Meum". Lyrics by Dante (yes, that Dante), tune by some Irishman.

OffSide7
2006-06-15, 04:58 AM
Aerosmith, Guns 'n Roses, and I think I've heard "That's the Way" by Led Zeppelin over 30x in the past two days because it's just that beautiful.

Dispozition
2006-06-15, 05:12 AM
I don't so much as listen to a single song, but whole albums. Take 'the Bravery' by the Bravery as an exapmle. Within 3 days of buying it, I had listened to the whole thing at least 10 times. Also many other songs I just listen to bits, like Kashmir but Led Zeppelin.

A_Dark_Danish
2006-06-15, 06:45 AM
I'm.. um.. still listening.. to them.. :-/

The Prince of Cats
2006-06-15, 06:50 AM
I could name the bands I am listing to right now but they are all unsigned local bands. (if you can brave MySpace, there are some tracks there but all in poor quality and the selection is limited - Opus Bridge (http://www.myspace.com/opusbridge), Hollywood Assassins (http://www.myspace.com/hollywoodassassins), IgneouStone (http://www.myspace.com/igneoustone) and Anticomplex (http://www.myspace.com/anticomplex))

Well, I got hold of MP3s of Thom Yorke's Eraser (the CD is pre-ordered at Amazon, honest!) and that is somewhat addictive after a few listens.

Vaniel
2006-06-15, 07:22 AM
I'm hopelessly addicted to power/speed/epic metal, such as Stratovarious, Rhapsody, Sonata Arctica, etc...

Mr Croup
2006-06-15, 08:25 AM
Lately I've been listening to a fair amount of Kings of Convenience, The Avalanches, and as always, VNV Nation. Though yesterday I had a sudden urge to listen to Soft Cell's latesty album, which I luckily had tucked away in my car.

Jack Squat
2006-06-15, 09:11 AM
well I have the Lumberjack song stuck in my head, but not sure if that counts :P

I'm addicted to celtic music, mostly bagpipe tunes, but I do find myself turning on Gaelic Storm quite often.

Malachi, the Lich King
2006-06-15, 09:37 AM
The LotR soundtracks and all of the Pixies albums.

WampaX
2006-06-15, 09:58 AM
The second FLCL soundtrack. I keep repeating the disc and I have a 6 disc changer. Its like some form of sonic cheesecake to me.

Baerdog7
2006-06-15, 11:15 AM
Ever since I got the soundtrack to Rent 2005 (the movie, I still need to get the musical soundtrack) it's what I've been listining to the most. I'll be doing something or thinking something and one of the songs will start playing in my head. It's not a bad thing. Not a bad thing at all, there's worse music to have stuck in your head all the time.

-Baerdog7

Dr._Weird
2006-06-15, 11:25 AM
Rammstein's new album, Rosenrot. It's a great album, but I cannot stop listening to it.

LooseCannon
2006-06-15, 11:32 AM
I haven't heard Rosenrot yet, but I hope it's as good as Reise Reise was.

I'm currently highly addicted to Iced Earth, loving The Glorious Burden still. Iron Maiden, Blaze, Blind Guardian, and Bruce Dickinson to round out my top five.

Jibar
2006-06-15, 11:37 AM
Take 'the Bravery' by the Bravery as an exapmle.

Okay, I just stuck that album on now...I had forgotten how much I love track 1.

A_Dark_Danish
2006-06-15, 05:34 PM
Woke up.. turned on the music without knowing it..

.. :-X

ElfLad
2006-06-15, 06:26 PM
I listen mostly to shuffled/random music (I usually can't stand knowing which song comes up next.) There are a few songs that I will always listen to, whenever they come up.

While My Guitar Gently Weeps - The Beatles
More Than A Feeling - Boston
Maintain Conciousness - Relient K
The Authority Song - Jimmy Eat World
Help Me Rhonda - The Beach Boys
Get Off of My Cloud - The Rolling Stones
Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin

Lilly
2006-06-15, 07:40 PM
Are you asking about genres or artists or albums or songs?

Because I am hopelessly addicted to soundtracks. If I can pick out that I like the music in a movie I will buy it's soundtrack. And I don't mean the "music inspired by this movie" ones either. I need the score. I rather dislike that for certain animated movies *cough*Shrek*cough* I can't find the score, but can find all the other music. And then for Spiderman a couple years ago.

And for specific songs, it all depends on mood. Unless it's "Going for a ride" from the Serenity soundtrack. That song makes everything better. And the same goes for a bunch of songs by Great Big Sea. And certain Christmas tunes. All year round.

Baerdog7
2006-06-15, 07:49 PM
Are you asking about genres or artists or albums or songs?

Because I am hopelessly addicted to soundtracks. If I can pick out that I like the music in a movie I will buy it's soundtrack. And I don't mean the "music inspired by this movie" ones either. I need the score. I rather dislike that for certain animated movies *cough*Shrek*cough* I can't find the score, but can find all the other music. And then for Spiderman a couple years ago.

And for specific songs, it all depends on mood. Unless it's "Going for a ride" from the Serenity soundtrack. That song makes everything better. And the same goes for a bunch of songs by Great Big Sea. And certain Christmas tunes. All year round.

I think pretty much anything from either the Serenity and Firefly soundtracks makes things better. I think that "Life Support" from Rent, though, has the effect on me that "Going for a Ride" does on you. "Seasons of Love" as well.

-Baerdog7

Ted_Stryker
2006-06-15, 07:55 PM
Individual songs include:

I Turn My Camera On and They Never Got You, Spoon
Bitch Please 2, Eminem et al.
Buy Her Candy, Sleater-Kinney
The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald, Gordon Lightfoot
Gigantic, Pixies
Sex & Violence, Stone Temple Pilots
Jesus Built My Hotrod, Ministry
I Will Survive, Cake
Bach Minuet in G, Willie Nelson
Fade Into You, Mazzy Star
Squash All Beef and Sound of Da' Police, KRS-One
Also Sprach Zarathustra and The Blue Danube, Strauss, from the 2001 soundtrack
Crazy and I Fall To Pieces, Patsy Cline
Classical Gas, Mason Williams
Dueling Banjos, from the Deliverance soundtrack (I forget who actually performed that version)
Emergency Exit, Beck
Wearing and Tearing, Led Zeppelin

I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting.

I also have a big list of albums with number of times I've listened to each since I uploaded my music collection to my Mac in Jan. '05. Maybe I'll post the most frequently played from that list when I get home from work.

Saithis Bladewing
2006-06-15, 08:30 PM
At the moment, anything from Lostprophets is better than anything in the world, in my opinion.

LordOfXoriat
2006-06-15, 08:37 PM
-edit_deleted-

Archonic Energy
2006-06-15, 08:45 PM
Don't laugh.

Foo Fighters: Times like these
Dire straits: Sultans of swing
*mumble* journey: dont stop beleiving *mumble
we built this city on rock and roll...
New Radicals :you get what you give

Jack Squat
2006-06-15, 09:00 PM
*mumble* journey: dont stop beleiving *mumble
Hey, Journey's good...I'm seeing them in concert July 16th (They're playing with Def Leppard). Unfortunately the God of Rock hates east TN, because he allowed Alice Cooper to play on the same night :'(

Trog
2006-06-15, 11:23 PM
The Goodyear Pimps.

Song's include such memorable ones as: Would it have killed you to leave a suicide note?, Someone's trying to kill me man (a.k.a. the Death Star Song), and Code Brown, which includes DnD references.

Pimps rule!

Gralamin
2006-06-15, 11:59 PM
currently listening to: Amerika
hopelessly addicted to: nickelback

Spuddly
2006-06-16, 02:42 AM
Shout out to all the Pixies fans. Absolutely in love with their recent self titled album (maybe recent? bought it from iTunes) and Doolittle.

Addicted to Murder by Death's first two albums, Like the Exorcist but More Breakdancing, and Who Will Survive, And What Will Be Left of Them.

Also listening to a lot of Wilco, Elliott Smith, Flogging Molly. Just burnt out on Wolf Parade.

AdInfinitum
2006-06-16, 03:40 AM
Psychobabble, by Frou Frou.

Tadakimacun
2006-06-16, 04:24 AM
I am currently addicted to Lemon Demon, the band created by Neil Cicierega and Alora Lanzilotta. The music discusses a range of topics, from a person's thoughts as they plummet toward doom to geeks in love to angry kitties.

I've also always been addicted to 80's music. New wave, punk, vintage Weird Al, I love it all.

Death, your friend the Reaper
2006-06-16, 05:04 AM
I Come From A Land Down Under Is been on repeat for a while... I always listen to songs over and over for ages then i go on to the next song.

Pelziges_Ohr
2006-06-16, 05:24 AM
The Authority Song - Jimmy Eat World
Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin

These are great. At the moment I like

Guns 'n' Roses - Don't Cry
Kiss - Forever
Some own songs

the most, because our band plays them.

In addition I frequently listen to mxpx and the GTA Soundtrack :P at the moment.

Gary_Howard
2006-06-16, 11:36 AM
I have to update, because now I'm totally hooked on Regina Spektor's "Fidelity". Her delivery's just so different from everything I've heard recently..

http://www.reginaspektor.com/index2.html

Njolma
2006-06-16, 11:42 AM
Nickleback - animals
SnowPatrol - hands open
She wants revenge - tear you apart
Death cab for cutie - soul meets body
slipknote - wait and bleed

why this mix of different types of music I don't know ask my head!

Chris the Pontifex
2006-06-16, 04:01 PM
for the past ehm 7 years Portishead's album "Dummy" has been on at least ones a week. I guess that counts as "hopeless"

Hungerdog
2006-06-16, 06:34 PM
Billy Joel: "A Time to Remember", "Rosalinda's Eyes" and "Stiletto"

Frank Sinatra: "My Funny Valentine" and "My Way"

Pink Floyd: "Time", "Money" and "Dark Side of the Moon"

Prince: "When Doves Cry", "Purple Rain" and "Let's Go Crazy"

These are songs that over the years I have found that I never, never get tired of, and will always, always stop to listen to...

Iroll20s
2006-06-16, 08:25 PM
lol, at the moment im hooked on:

every Breaking Benjamin song made... and also GnR - Sweet Child O' Mine

oh... and AC/DC - Thunderstruck

Samiam303
2006-06-16, 08:30 PM
Well, as The Aquabats are playing here tomorrow, I've been listening to the few songs they have available on their website constantly. I can't wait until the show, when I can actually get a CD... ::)

TheHawk
2006-06-16, 08:42 PM
Led Zepplin's Stairway to Heaven

Tom_Violence
2006-06-16, 11:37 PM
Shout out to all the Pixies fans. Absolutely in love with their recent self titled album (maybe recent? bought it from iTunes) and Doolittle.

Addicted to Murder by Death's first two albums, Like the Exorcist but More Breakdancing, and Who Will Survive, And What Will Be Left of Them.

Also listening to a lot of Wilco, Elliott Smith, Flogging Molly. Just burnt out on Wolf Parade.

If memory serves, the Pixies never actually had a self-titled album. Then again, my memory and me don't really talk much anymore.

As for me, I can't stop listening to Four Tet at the moment. Ambient chill-out stuff is a big thing for me. Anyone interested in checking them out could do worse than to follow this link: http://www.dominorecordco.com/site/player.php?fileID=347&action=listen&list=artist

The Arcade Fire are also often to be found on my playlists, most recently their cover of the Talking Head's classic This Must Be The Place.

black_raven391
2006-06-17, 01:14 AM
Hello there!

Hm, I've been hooked on Dir en grey's newest album "Withering to death". I spazzed out when it came out in the US (psh, forget paying $50 for an import! not even including shipping and handling!) for only $10 at Hot Topic lol. I've been into them for a while, got my lil sister hooked on j-rock and now she's branched off to a bunch of other bands (I couldn't really get hooked).

AFI's new album "Decemberunderground" just came out on 6/6/06 and I ran out to the store to snatch it up. I've been listening to it nonstop ever since I got it, it's a great cd! <3 Once again, my AFI cd collection grows! In less than 2 weeks I'm finally going to get to see them live, at Warped Tour! *victory dance*

Right, I think I've gone on enough lol. See ya around!

cjsup77
2006-06-17, 01:22 AM
I'm addicted to anything with a catchy beat or anything that makes no sense, and is silly! ;D

alec
2006-06-17, 02:58 AM
I'm currently addicted to Banana Phone, by Raffi. I try putting on other music, but i keep going back to it.

geek_2049
2006-06-17, 05:30 AM
Someone mentioned Mason William's Classical Gas- best guitar song ever.

I can recite most opf the lyrics to MC Chris' Fette's Vette.

LOTR- Lord of the Rythmes

Beatles- Something in the Way She Moves

Moonlight Sonata- Beethoven

2 Hybrids- Doors vs Blondie Riders on the Storm vs Rapture and Jay-Z's 99 Problems to the Beatles' Helter Skelter.

Reluctantly Death Cab For Cutie

I Must Be Emo- by ???

black_raven391
2006-06-17, 11:00 AM
I'm currently addicted to Banana Phone, by Raffi. I try putting on other music, but i keep going back to it.

That's like the best song ever!!!

*starts singing*

Ring, ring, ring, ring, ring, ring, ring... Banana Phone!

Oh god now it's stuck in my head again!

Kontonshin
2006-06-17, 03:01 PM
Top 5 Bands:

1. Pink Floyd
2. The Sisters of Mercy
3. The KLF
4. Hallucinogen / Shpongle (same guy, different sounds)
5. Juno Reactor

Top 5 CDs: (at the moment)

1. Ladytron: Witching Hour
2. The KLF: Chill Out
3. Astral Projection: In the Mix
4. Sisters of Mercy: Floodland
5. Paris Lounge 1 Compilation (PM disc)

Dudukain
2006-06-18, 11:03 PM
Apocalyptica.

They are awesome.

Samiam303
2006-06-18, 11:06 PM
Well, as The Aquabats are playing here tomorrow, I've been listening to the few songs they have available on their website constantly. I can't wait until the show, when I can actually get a CD... ::)

And as I predicted, I got the CD, and have listened to it four times today. ::)

tyr
2006-06-19, 05:31 AM
"The Tempest" by Beethoven and blink 182's last album, and Box Car Racer's "watch the world." Also Metallica.

NeonBlack
2006-06-19, 05:47 AM
Apocalyptica.

They are awesome.

QFT. And they rock live more than one could possibly imagine.

I'm currently in a very Opeth mood. So, Blackwater Park and Ghost Reveries are being spun constantly. With an occasional Disillusion, Darkane, or Testament intermission. And I've banned myself from listening to SOAD's Hypnotize for a while, just because each time I do I can't friggin' get Vincinity of Obscenity out of my head :D.

TheSilverKnight
2006-06-19, 06:14 AM
"The Tempest" by Beethoven and blink 182's last album, and Box Car Racer's "watch the world." Also Metallica.

Box Car Racer and Blink182 are one and the same just pretend Mark isn't there and "There is" is the best song on that album and their self titeled album was the worst(still not bad)

I guess buy seeing who I have most downloaded Disturbed is my fav next to blink by most played thought it would be.
1.Motograter(awesome band)
2.Boxcar Racer
3.Disturbed

EDIT: SKINDRED how could I for get these guys.

Also any rock, metal, good pop, from 1969-89

And I just DL'ed the awesomeness that is Steve Conte - Call Me (Episode 24 Bebob)

TSK

EDIT2: All the songs on the origonal PSP demo disk exccept "O" by Omarion

EDIT3:Children of Bodom's first album Journey into Souron's(sp?) realm.

Beleriphon
2006-06-19, 08:05 AM
I keep listening to The Joshua Tree by U2. I don't know why, but that is a wonderful album that I can just listen to over and over.

I'm also enjoying Queen's A Day at the Races and A Night at the Opera right now. Also enjoying Darkside of the Moon, which is wonderfully moody music.

If I could, I'd also be watching The Wall right now.

Goff
2006-06-19, 09:02 AM
At the moment, I simply can't seem to pass up the Queens of The Stone Age album Lullabies to Paralyze. I never like their albums at the first listen, but they just seems to work their way under my skin and stay there.
Similarly, Foo Fighters In Your Honour is up there.

On a more general note, Led Zeppelin, I've been hooked on them from Good Times, Bad Times.

Dudukain
2006-06-19, 10:29 AM
Are the aquabats good? My friend said they were, and I was to lazy to check it out. Linky?

Tiferet
2006-06-19, 03:10 PM
Distrubed's Ten Thousand Fists in the Air CD has glued itself into my CD changer. I've been listening to it for months, and it simply refuses to leave the changer when I change out the CDs.

At work we can listen to music as long as there are no vocals, so we listen to a lot of soundtracks. I've been listening to the Godfather soundtrack, along with the Devil May Cry I, II, and III soundtracks for weeks in a row now.

Chris the Pontifex
2006-06-19, 03:41 PM
Top 5 CDs: (at the moment)

1. Ladytron: Witching Hour

ooooh I still need to hear that.
If you like Ladytron, you should really really try The Knive: Silent Shout

Dudukain
2006-06-19, 04:19 PM
Hey, anyone ever listened to the Great Luke Ski? Because he was in one of the dragon magazines under "dragon talk" and I'm thinking of getting one of his CDs. But I know I'm getting an aquabats, the lyrics to the "radiation song" are AWESOME.

potatocubed
2006-06-20, 04:59 AM
Currently I'm utterly hooked on We Are Scientists (especially the song Inaction), Immaculate Machine (esp. Phone No., Two Places, and No Such Thing As The Future), and the song Circle Square Triangle by a band called Test Icicles.

It's all rock-y type stuff. CST is more punk, Immaculate Machine is more... jaunty, and We Are Scientists seem to write songs about doing unfortunate things while you're drunk.

DarkCorax
2006-06-20, 03:07 PM
Apocalyptica.

They are awesome.

Thirded. I am currently irresistibly addicted to them...