PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Watch The 4400? [Spoiler]

CelestialStick
2006-06-11, 11:55 PM
I was wondering what people thought of the season premiere. I didn't like the whole aging of Isabel and Lilly or the death of Lilly.

The last time I saw a sci fi series prematurely age a baby to teenage it went downhill promptly. That was the old V series. I'm not at all happy to see this series follow that path, and hope it does presage the degeneration of another sci fi series.

Oh, I take it back. In the not quite as old Dark Skies series they prematurely aged an infant too. That didn't presage the decline of the series so much as accelerate it.

Big_Red_Bird
2006-06-13, 01:21 AM
Don't get me started on how stupid the aging of Isabel was. I liked the actress playing Lilly, and I was left wondering if she got a better offer somewhere else, and they needed a quick way to get rid of the character. Overall though, it was a good premiere. I especially liked the fields of wheat at the end. Nice twist compared to simply another explosion or assassination.

CelestialStick
2006-06-17, 05:53 PM
Don't get me started on how stupid the aging of Isabel was. I liked the actress playing Lilly, and I was left wondering if she got a better offer somewhere else, and they needed a quick way to get rid of the character. Overall though, it was a good premiere. I especially liked the fields of wheat at the end. Nice twist compared to simply another explosion or assassination.
Sure, go ahead and get started on the aging thing. Don't they know that that's the very sort of thing that has runined several previous sci fi series? Those who fail to learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.

Ok, so what about the whole thing with the assistant guy trying to keep Jordan Collier away from the Center? Who is the assistant guy really and why is he against Collier? And for that matter, what the heck happened to Collier?

You might be right about why they aged Lily, but frankly if the actress got a better gig I'd have prefered if they'd just killed her the normal way or something. I guess I can sort of see aging the kid because otherwise it would take years for her to become a real character, but then I say they should have thought of that before they introduced a baby as a major character. :(