PDA

View Full Version : Master Generalist PEACH

Xaklin_Magewrit
2009-08-09, 01:18 AM
Master Generalist
"Only narrow minded fools would ever give up spell schools."
Kazrin Master Generalist
Master Generalist are wizards who at wizard school didn't specialize. They have have chosen to practice magic from all schools of magic. There most dangerous weapon is their versatility. Some generalist go beyond others and further increase their versatility and increasing their spell knowledge. These people are called Master Generalist.

Requirements
Skills:Spellcraft 8 Knowledge(Arcane) 8
Magic:Must prepare arcane spells with use of a spellbook
Special:Must not have picked a school specialization
SpellsMust know at least level 1 spell from all the schools and at least 1 level 2 spell from 6 different schools.
Hit Died4

Class skills. Concentration(con), Craft, Decipher Script(int), Knowledge(all taken individually)(int), Profession(wis), Spellcraft(int)
Skill point per level 2+int modifier

Weapon/Armor proficiency: Master Generalist gain no armor/weapon proficiency

Master Generalist
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Spells

1st|
+0|
+0|
+0|
+2|Generalist Wizardry|+1 level of arcane spellcasting class

2nd|
+1|
+0|
+0|
+3|New Spell|+1 level of arcane spellcasting class

3rd|
+1|
+1|
+1|
+3|Arcane Writing|+1 level of arcane spellcasting class

4th|
+2|
+1|
+1|
+4|Super Generalist Wizardry |+1 level of arcane spellcasting class

5th|
+2|
+1|
+1|
+4|Spell Mastery New spell|+1 level of arcane spellcasting class

6th|
+3|
+2|
+2|
+5|Bonus Feat|+1 level of arcane spellcasting class

7th|
+3|
+2|
+2|
+5|Expert Generalist Wizardry |+1 level of arcane spellcasting class

8th|
+4|
+2|
+2|
+6|New Spell|+1 level of arcane spellcasting class

9th|
+4|
+2|
+2|
+6|Bonus Feat|+1 level of arcane spellcasting class

10th|
+5|
+3|
+3|
+7|Master Generalist Wizardry|+1 level of arcane spellcasting class [/table]
Generalist Wizardry
As a Master Generalist you gain more knowledge of then a average wizard. At level one you gain one more spell known per level. You also can prepare one more spell of your highest level.

At level 4 you advance in your spell knowledge you gain a additional spell per level gain two more spell known per level. You can prepare another spell

At level 7 You are more knowledgeable but not yet a master you gain a additional spell known increasse up to three known per level. You can prepare another spell in any other slot not their highest

At level 10 you obtain ultimate knowledge gaining four more spells known spells per level. You also prepare another spell
Prepared Spells
As a Master Generalist you can prepare extra spells one can be in your highest spell slot. At level 4,7, and 10 you can prepare another. These spells slot can only be applied only to one spell level. Ex Kazrin is a wizard 5/ Master Generalist 7. Can cast 3 6th level spells before int modifier. Now he can prepare two extra spells due. He can prepare 4 5th levels spells and 4 4th
spells. These extra spell slot can be changed when preparing spells
New Spell
At level in between Generalist Wizardry ranking you gain one additional known spell.
Arcane Writing
As a Master Generalist you know the intricacies of writing magic all spells now take only one page in your spellbook. It stills cost 100 gold to scribe from scrolls to your spellbook.
Spell Mastery
At level five you refereed to your spell book to your spell book that some spells come naturally become natural to you. At level 5 you gain the Spell Mastery feat.
Bonus Feat
At level 6 and 9 you gain one bonus feat. Feat must be chosen from Wizard bonus feat List.
*Note a Elven wizard who took Generalist Wizardry at level 1 still only gets one spell of the highest level.

PumpkinEater
2009-08-09, 01:26 AM
Yeah, it should look something like this:

Class Table
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

2nd|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

3rd|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

4th|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

5th|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

6th|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

7th|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

8th|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

9th|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

10th|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability[/table]

Except twice as long...

Xaklin_Magewrit
2009-08-09, 01:29 AM
Thanks I will start then y'll can PEACH.

PumpkinEater
2009-08-09, 01:37 AM
Thanks I will start then y'll can PEACH.

There's a "Preview Post" button that could help you see what your post will look like (henceforth "preview"... but I didn't realise there was a button until like a month ago... which is quite sad, considering it's, you know, right next to the "submit" button).

Xaklin_Magewrit
2009-08-10, 05:51 AM
small bump here

Kaihaku
2009-08-10, 07:13 AM
Skills:Spellcraft 8 Concentration 8

I think Knowledge(Arcana) would be more fitting than Concentration.

SpellsMust know at least 1 spell from all the schools and at least 1 spell from 6 different schools.

The first requirement meets the second. Emulating the Archmage this would be worded as "knowledge of nth-level or higher spells from at least six schools" where n is the spell level you want. I'd recommend at least third level.

Class skills. Concentration(con), Decipher Script(int), Knowledge(all taken individually)(int), Profession(wis), Spellcraft(int)
Skill point per level 2+int modifier

No Craft skills?

As a Master Generalist you gain more knowledge of then a average wizard. At level one you gain one more spell known per level. You also can prepare one more spell of your highest level.
At level 4 you advance in your spell knowledge you gain a additional spell per level gain two more spell known per level.
At level 7 You are more knowledgeable but not yet a master you gain a additional spell known increasse up to three known per level. You gain another spell prepares same rules as before.
At level 10 you obtain ultimate knowledge gaining four more spells known spells per level. You also prepare another spell slot.

This description feels a bit sloppy to me. I'd suggesting editing it a bit. I think it's strange that level 7 and level 10 get fluff but the first two levels don't.

New Spell
At level in between Generalist Wizardry ranking you gain one additional spell.

You might just want to clarify 'known' and 'of any level'.

Arcane Writing
As a Master Generalist you know the intricately of writing magic all spells now take only one page. It stills cost 100 gold to scribe from scrolls to your spellbook.

Intricacies, I think. You might want to reword it as 'each spell you scribe now takes up only one page in your spellbook." This isn't the best capstone ability, you could probably move it earlier in the class.

The Neoclassic
2009-08-10, 08:18 AM
Requiring a particular class is, frankly, a very bad prerequisite for a class. I understand it's meant to be for wizards, but you can accomplish the same by writing "Magic: Must prepare arcane spells with use of a spellbook" or such. Also, for Special, I'd put it more like "Special: Must not have picked a school specialization."

This doesn't make sense:

Must know at least 1 spell from all the schools and at least 1 spell from 6 different schools.

You say they have to know a spell from every school... And a spell from six different schools. Maybe it'd be better as such:

Must know at least two spells from every school of magic (excluding Universal spells).

I agree with Kaihaku that Knowledge (arcana) would be a better requirement than Concentration.

I'll check back after you've gone through the previous poster's suggestions too, to see if I can add anything more.

Xaklin_Magewrit
2009-08-10, 10:10 AM
I fix the things that needed to be fix.