PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Watch Gilmore Girls?

CelestialStick
2006-05-27, 06:36 PM
Hey, this might be the wrong place to ask, but does anyone watch Gilmore Girls? :)

kendrama
2006-05-27, 07:07 PM
AHH!! Lorelai and Christopher! Why do t.v. producers hate us? ;D

And that whole thing with Rory and Logan (who I hated at first, but then it got to the point that I liked him more than her for a while)? Sweet, but very, very sad. I absolutely loved it when Rory had Paris and Doyle watching Logan, too. There are definitely times when Paris is my favorite character on the show. :D

CelestialStick
2006-05-27, 07:53 PM
AHH!! Lorelai and Christopher! Why do t.v. producers hate us? ;D

And that whole thing with Rory and Logan (who I hated at first, but then it got to the point that I liked him more than her for a while)? Sweet, but very, very sad. I absolutely loved it when Rory had Paris and Doyle watching Logan, too. There are definitely times when Paris is my favorite character on the show. :D
Yeah, I love Paris too, and it's not just because she's well-endowed and has long hair. Ok, well maybe it is. ;)

I never liked Logan. I still don't like Logan. I think he's rich, spoiled and shallow. I have to say though that after all these years I'm not so crazy about Rory anymore. I think she treats men even worse than her mama does, especially poor Dean. Dean is the only boyfriend Rory had whom I really liked. How many times did Rory break his heart? Three? Or was it four? Oh, and I have to say that it made me think much less of Rory that she preferred Logan over Naked Guy. Naked Guy is so much cooler. I hate to say it, but I think Rory has turned out pretty shallow too. Curses on the writers for making her that way.

Yes, Lorelai just had to go back to Chris, didn't she? At least she hated herself for it. Rory needs a good dose of that self-loathing after the way that she treated Dean, and Naked Guy, and even Jess. I mean, I always hated Jess big-time, and yet Rory managed to actually get me to feel sorry for him!

I felt like the whole last season was one major downer. I mean there were some good things, but Luke agreeing to marry her was pretty much the high point, and that came in episode 1. I loved the introduction of April, but I hate that it screwed things up for Luke and Lorelai. April is a cool kid, and her mom seemed cool at first, until she pulled the whole anti-Lorelai thing.

So is Logan leaving the show? I understand that the coming season might well be the last one. Lauren Graham said that she's leaving after the next season, and I can't see the show going on without her. I think it's more her show than anyone else's. I really like her. I think though that this was the role she was born to play and I've not seen her in any other role that comes close. I actually tried to watch Townies way back when, to see her, Jenna Elfman and Molly Ringwald, but it was so bad that even that trio couldn't make me watch it. I don't know. It just seems like there are some actors who are born to play one role, like Stephen Collins as the father on 7th Heaven. I mean I've seen him in other things, most notably as Will Decker in Star Trek The Motion Picture, but in none of those roles did he FIT like he did as the father on 7th Heaven. (What about that seires finale of 7th Heaven?! So is Simon actually the father of that girl's baby?!)

Anyway I don't know what Lauren Graham will do next that could ever be as suitable as Lorelai Gilmore. I mean from what I've seen of her when she's not acting she practically IS Lorelai Gilmore. It's like a certain actor and Miss Piggy. ;)

Well I sure hope that they make the next season a more upbeat one. I have loved Gilmore Girls all these years and watch the reruns on ABC Family each afternoon, but the second half of this past season I found myself with a knot my stomach at the start of each episode anticipating that things would crash and burn pretty much like they did.

Edit: In case you can't tell, I have been STARVED for someone with whom to discuss Gilmore Girls. Not a single one of my friends watches it--or Smallville for that matter either. I'd really like to discuss this last season of Smallville with someone too. Talk about a major DOWNER! :'(

kendrama
2006-05-27, 08:28 PM
Yeah, I love Paris too, and it's not just because she's well-endowed and has long hair. Ok, well maybe it is. ;)
One of the high points of the whole last season for me was Paris's bunker. :D She's one of the few on the show who hasn't undergone some form of character assassination.

I never liked Logan...I'm not so crazy about Rory anymore.
Yeah, up until he ended up in the hospital, I wanted both of them to die, or at least shut up and get the crap away from me. I didn't even realize how mad I was at Rory until I caught a rerun and remembered that I used to like her.

Dean is the only boyfriend Rory had whom I really liked.
Have you seen Jared Padaleki's new show, Supernatural? I love that show; it's probably the best fantasy/horror show I've seen since Buffy the Vampire Slayer went to crap.

I hate to say it, but I think Rory has turned out pretty shallow too.
I always watch GG with my older sister, and the two of us are always saying "Welcome to GilmoreLand!" whenever we see a girl being destructively selfish. Every member of that family is like a black hole waiting to suck down the lives of anyone they can get their hands on, and they don't even realize it. That's what really gets me, that they don't even notice that when their lives go to crap, it's their fault. :D

Rory needs a good dose of that self-loathing...
Well, that might be a little strong. :) It would be nice if she could think about someone else for a change, though.

April is a cool kid, and her mom seemed cool at first, until she pulled the whole anti-Lorelai thing.
And what the heck was that about? If I could reach through my tv screen... ;D

I understand that the coming season might well be the last one.
I haven't heard; I was too depressed to hunt for rumors. :(

Lauren Graham said that she's leaving after the next season...I've not seen her in any other role that comes close.
The only other thing I'd seen her in was a few episodes of NewsRadio (which was a great show, by the way), where she played a girl who was kind of like Lorelai, but crazier and less confident. She was pretty good, but I like her much more as L.G.

(What about that seires finale of 7th Heaven?! So is Simon actually the father of that girl's baby?!)
I can't stand that show any more [shudder]. Most of them always came across as vaguely creepy to me, and as for the mom...well, I like the actress, but I usually wanted to run her character over with my car too much to enjoy her. ;D Of course, I haven't really watched it since the second season or so, so that might have changed...

I'd really like to discuss this last season of Smallville with someone too. Talk about a major DOWNER! :'(
Unfortunately, I left Smallville about when Pete did; when you find yourself cheering for Lex Luthor, and really hoping he'll beat Superman, it's probably time to go. :D Plus, I don't know how much Kreukferatu (as the TWoP recappers call Lana) I could take. ;D

Hadrian_Emrys
2006-05-27, 10:14 PM
I used to like the show until the day it hit me that the dialogue between mother and daughter was just far too scripted to go unaccounted for. I don't care how much time you spend with someone, finishing each other's sentances is one thing, but being able to have a verbal gunfight presenting new ideas with each utterance... no way.

Starla
2006-05-27, 10:18 PM
I love Gilmore girls!!!!

I have been wanting to start a thread about it for a long time and it is just too cool that a guy did it first.

My husband and I talk about it so I am not starving for conversation the way you are but I have so much to say in so little time. I will talk later tonight if I get a chance.

Part of what makes the show successful is the drama and part of the reason why we love and hate the characters so much is that we see ourselves in them.

Time to go see The Last Stand.

Don;t let this thread die!

Alarra
2006-05-28, 01:24 AM
Of course I do! It's my favorite show, i mean, I even quote it in my signature? no...not signature...what is that quote under your picture called? it's there anyway. I can't recall whether it was Lorelai or Rory that said that about one another, but that doesn't really surprise me because those two talk exactly the same and it really doesn't matter which one said what to the other, you'd have the same conversation either way.

I am a bit sad that Marty just dropped of the face of the earth, and if Christopher comes between Lorelai and Luke, I think I might kill someone. Jess is and always has been my favorite character though and I wish so much that he and Rory would finally get together.

Has anyone seen his new show, Bedford Diaries? I'm really loving it. Although I haven't seen it in a few weeks, stupid working Wednesday nights thing.

CelestialStick
2006-05-28, 07:14 AM
One of the high points of the whole last season for me was Paris's bunker. :D She's one of the few on the show who hasn't undergone some form of character assassination.

Heh. I love Liza Weil.

Yeah, up until he ended up in the hospital, I wanted both of them to die, or at least shut up and get the crap away from me. I didn't even realize how mad I was at Rory until I caught a rerun and remembered that I used to like her.

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one who doesn't like Logan or where Rory has gone. I've been watching the reruns daily, as I mentioned, and we've just gotten to the part in the first season where Rory has broken Dean's heart for the first time, and everyone iin Stars Hollow thinks Dean is the badguy. Actually in Friday's episode Lorelai just discovered that Dean told Rory that he loved her. I love the part where Lorelai is making a big fat ass of herself, calling Dean scum, and he says, "I tell Rory I love her and suddenly I'm the badguy?" Lorelai says, "You what?" The look on her face is priceless. I must say though that watching it over from the start again I'm starting to pay more attention to the way that both Rory and Lorelai treat the men in their lives. Of course poor Max is headed for getting gilted nearly at the altar.

Have you seen Jared Padaleki's new show, Supernatural? I love that show; it's probably the best fantasy/horror show I've seen since Buffy the Vampire Slayer went to crap.

I never watched Buffy. I did watch Charmed, which just ended, and though it wasn't horror it did have magic. Does that count? I never watched Supernatural. I'm supposed to be working on a Ph.D. in economics and I watch too much tv as it is. I liked Jared Padaleki but not enough to watch his new show, which stars him and that guy who played Lana's boyfriend in a previous season of Smallville. I never really liked him all that much.

I always watch GG with my older sister, and the two of us are always saying "Welcome to GilmoreLand!" whenever we see a girl being destructively selfish. Every member of that family is like a black hole waiting to suck down the lives of anyone they can get their hands on, and they don't even realize it. That's what really gets me, that they don't even notice that when their lives go to crap, it's their fault. :D

Well, that might be a little strong. :) It would be nice if she could think about someone else for a change, though.

And what the heck was that about? If I could reach through my tv screen... ;D

Yes, I think they do tend to get self-destructive, and that applies for Emily too. Every time she and Lorelai are on the verge of a breakthrough, Emily goes and ruins it somehow, the worst time being when she invited Christoper to the wedding. It really disturbed me that Lorelai went and slept with Chris at the end of the season. Though the episode was well-framed dramatically (started and ended with Lorelai pretending to be asleep while having the most painful look on her face) it was just terrible to see her go and ruin things like that. If Luke ever finds out that Lorelai slept with Chris, that will be the end. I can't see Luke ever being able to forgive her.

I haven't heard; I was too depressed to hunt for rumors. :(

In the same article I read that Amy Sherman-Palladino is going to leave the show and will not be producing it this coming season. Normally that would mean that it would almost certainly go downhill, but after the current downer season maybe it needs some new creative blood.

The only other thing I'd seen her in was a few episodes of NewsRadio (which was a great show, by the way), where she played a girl who was kind of like Lorelai, but crazier and less confident. She was pretty good, but I like her much more as L.G.

I hated that annoying corporate executive type she played in NewsRadio! It was funny to see her and the female lead from NewsRadio, Maura Tierney (sp?) playing against each other on Celebrity Poker Showdown, especially with Dave Foley hosting. It was like a little NewsRadio reunion!

I can't stand that show any more [shudder]. Most of them always came across as vaguely creepy to me, and as for the mom...well, I like the actress, but I usually wanted to run her character over with my car too much to enjoy her. ;D Of course, I haven't really watched it since the second season or so, so that might have changed...

Oh, I didn't start watching it until something like the third season. i went back and watched all the older episodes on ABC Family channel. For a while I was so envious of the father, having that great wife and all those great kids. Then the kids grew up and the two older daughters got hot, and that sort of shifted the focus for me from wanting to be a dad to, well, other things. ;) You might not know, but 7th Heaven ended this season too.

A little bit of trivia: did you know that both of the parents on 7th Heaven are Star Trek alumni? That's right. Stephen Collins played Will Decker in Star Trek: The Motion Picture, and the actress who played the mom (name escapes me at the moment) played Kirk's love interest in Star Trek IV: Save the Whales. ;)

Unfortunately, I left Smallville about when Pete did; when you find yourself cheering for Lex Luthor, and really hoping he'll beat Superman, it's probably time to go. :D Plus, I don't know how much Kreukferatu (as the TWoP recappers call Lana) I could take. ;D

Kreukferatu? LOL. I gather they don't much care for her. The first season or two I found her so pretty it was almost painful to look at her. By the current season I found her shallow moralizing making me glad Clark dumped her.

I have to confess though that I never really liked Pete all that much. He seemed like just the token political correctness for a storyline that never featured any black characters. I mean his character was fine as they created it, so I didn't disklike Pete, but I never really got into him either. I actually thought that the whole "it's such a burden to carry this secret" thing which ended with him fleeing to life with his mother the judge was actually well done. It's funny though how Cloe has no trouble keeping Clark's secret. I think I didn't like her character all that much at the start either (she being another invention of the show rather than an established part of Superman history) but I've come to really like her.

Ok, I'm going to do a Smallville spoiler here. The current season just had an amazing end.
The previous season ended with another meteor shower descending upon Smallville as residents rushed to get out. Clark stays behind despite his mother's warning that if the meteors are kyrptonite they might kill him. I mean, he's Clark after all! He's too good and noble to flee for his life like everyone else. So anyway as the meteors are coming down he zips right in front of one to save a little kid about to be pulverized. You just gotta love that!

So a spaceship lands in the middle of the meteor shower. In the next (most recent) season, two Krytponians will get out of the spaceshp and go look for Clark to try to kill him. They open the Phantom Zone to try to get rid of them, but he knocks them in instead. We think the threat is over, but low and behold, some black oil stuff a la the black oil creature from X-Files comes out and forms up into a humnanoid who then pretends to be Clark's teacher at the college he's now attending. The teacher tries to turn Clark against Lex Luthor, and even though Clark and Lex are really not friends anymore, Clark tries to stand by him.

Ok, jumping forward. Clark ends up battling the "teacher" in the fortress of solitude and destroys him, but then the teacher and teh spaceship show up in South American. Lex is supposedly looking for "Doctor Fine" as he's known, but in reality Lex is using technology from Fine, which whom he's in cahoots, to develop a vaccine to protect humanity from Fine and the aliens (Kryptonians). But it turns out that Fine has actually been using Lex to manufacture the vaccine to innoculate only Lex, because Lex is to become the vessel for the return of the evil Kyrptonian General Zod, who had been banished to the Phantom Zone after setting the stage for Krypton's destruction.

We learn that Jor El has been setting up Clark all along to prevent the return of Zod and save humanity, and that by denying his destiny Clark has not only put the live of someone he loves in jeopoardy--someone close to Clark will definitly have to die--but the whole human race in jeopardy now too.

So Clark finally decides to tell Lana about himself and teleports her to the Fortress of Solitude, shows her he can leap tall icebergs in a single bound, crushes a piece of charcoal into a diamond, sodders the diamond to a gold ring with his heat vision, and then asks her to marry him. She accepts.

So of course then it turns out that Lana is the one who has to die. She gets killed in a car crash as Lex is chasing her on the back roads trying to get her to tell him Clark's secret, which he has figured out she now knows since she's agreed to marry Clark and put all her doubts aside.

So Clark goes back to the Fortress and begs Jor El to let him undo her death somehow. Jor El gives him the one crystal that can take him back in time once, warning him that if Lana lives someone else close to him will die in her stead. He doesn't listen, goes back in time, doesn't tell her his secret but alienates her again, pushing her into Lex's waiting arms. Clark saves Lana from dying, but then his ffather gets to a meeting with Lionel Luthor, who has learned the truth about Clark--indeed has a picture of Clark jumping out of an explosion carrying someone--and Jonathan has a heart attack while beating up Lionel, and dies instead of Lana. As in dead dead. No coming back.

Meanwhile Fine and the spaceship kidnap Lex, in a bright flash of light a la the way that UFO abductess are taken in shows like X-Files. Lex comes back with super powers, not knowing that he's been set up to be the vessel of Zod. Jor El give Clarka kryptonian knife with which to kill the vessel. Lex tells Lana to meet him on top of the Luthor Corp tower in Metropolis and then goes to Smallville to confront Clark. Fine shows up and tries to recruit Clar to Zod's side, but Clark won't budge. LEx shows up and learns that Clark has superpowers for certain as they throw each other around the Kent barn. Clark pulls out the knife to kill Lex, but he can't do it, and instead throws the knife into Fine. It turns out that that's what opens the passage for Zod from the Phantom Zone, and Zod takes over Lex's body.

Zod offers Clark one last chance to join him, and when Clark refuses Zod opens the Phantom Zone and sends Clark into it. In the meantime Fine had started a virus running through all the world's computers, and as all the power and traffic lights shut down across the world, mass panic and rioting ensues. Cloe and Lionel are dragged out of Lionel's limo in Metropolis and beaten by an angry mod. Martha and Lois, supposedly on their way to Metropolis in Lionel's jet, actually have been hijacked by Fine (there are mulitple copies of Fine as he's just a black oil robot run by the ship) and left in the air with no oxygen. As the episode ends, Lois and Martha lie unconscious on the floor of the plane as if flying into the arctic, suffocating to death. Mass rioting is destroying human civilization. Lana meets "Lex" on top of Luther Tower, and not knowing he's Zod, kisses him. Finally in the very last scene we see Clark trapped in the window of the Phantom Zone, looking out helplessly as the world's coming to an end and he's trapped, floating off into space.

So you can see why I just had to talk to someone about the Smallville season finale! :D

I used to like the show until the day it hit me that the dialogue between mother and daughter was just far too scripted to go unaccounted for. I don't care how much time you spend with someone, finishing each other's sentances is one thing, but being able to have a verbal gunfight presenting new ideas with each utterance... no way.
Aw. The rapid-fire dialogue is part of what I love about the show!

I love Gilmore girls!!!!
Great! Me too!

I have been wanting to start a thread about it for a long time and it is just too cool that a guy did it first.
Thanks! :)

My husband and I talk about it so I am not starving for conversation the way you are but I have so much to say in so little time. I will talk later tonight if I get a chance.
Cool.

Part of what makes the show successful is the drama and part of the reason why we love and hate the characters so much is that we see ourselves in them.
I wonder. I'm not sure I see anyone in the show remotely like me. Yet I still love so many of the characters. There's a part of me that would like to be with Lorelai, but of course she's not the only character I love. I love the interaction between Suki and Jackson.

Time to go see The Last Stand.

Don;t let this thread die!

I'll do my best! ;)

Of course I do! It's my favorite show, i mean, I even quote it in my signature? no...not signature...what is that quote under your picture called? it's there anyway. I can't recall whether it was Lorelai or Rory that said that about one another, but that doesn't really surprise me because those two talk exactly the same and it really doesn't matter which one said what to the other, you'd have the same conversation either way.

I am a bit sad that Marty just dropped of the face of the earth, and if Christopher comes between Lorelai and Luke, I think I might kill someone. Jess is and always has been my favorite character though and I wish so much that he and Rory would finally get together.

Has anyone seen his new show, Bedford Diaries? I'm really loving it. Although I haven't seen it in a few weeks, stupid working Wednesday nights thing.

Jess just appealed to her because he was a badboy. Having been burned by him though she now can only use him to get back at Logan, but not actually love him. I never liked him anyway, so I was glad that he left, but the damage had already been done as he destroyed her relationship with Dean. Of course it's really her fault for treating Dean like garbage. In that sense I suppose she got what she deserved in being with Logan, when all along there was a nice guy, Marty, right there. But then as we all know, nice guys finish last. :( How often is it the case that if a man treats a woman decently she takes him for granted or even things there's something wrong with him, but if he treats her like she's not good enough, she goes running after him. Bleh. >:(

One of my favorite scenes is when Lorelai comes to tell Luke that Rory has dropped out of Yale and Luke starts ranting about how they're going to kidnap Rory from her grandparents and then drive Rory to Yale ever single day. Lorelai looks at him and sees how much he cares about Rory and just falls in love with him so much more, and then asks him to marry her. That was great. Alas, that was also the end of the previous season. This season just brought so much heartache, ending with Lorelai totally destroying things with Luke. I suspect that the writers will try to put them back together next season, but do you think that's even possible anymore? :'(

Starla
2006-05-28, 11:51 AM
Oh frustration!!! I had 3 paragraphs typed and then I pressed one of the funky buttons on the side my keyboard and I lose it all because my finger slipped >:(

Okay what I wanted to say first off is the Rori/Jess relationship started by ending the Rori/Dean relationship was more because Rori did not date before she met Dean. Their relationship was exclusive when they should have had more dating experience. So when Jess shows up and Rori sees a guy that has interests and tastes that her boyfriend and she don't share it is hard not to want to hang out with him. Dean likes Rori because she is so different from him and other girls around her, her love of reading first attracted him. Jess likes Rori because she has some of the same interests as him and because she is so different from everyone else.

I don't like how they took Dean's character and turned him from chilvarous to cheater.

I do like that Jess's character has improved from the "selfish, self-destructive path" he was on.

Part of what was so attractive about the show in the beginning was Rori's innocence and naivete versus her mother's experience and wisdom. They are aware of their self conceit because they mention it all the time. The refer to the behavior as being 2 or 4 years old often which is to say that they let their emotions "I want that now" take over their actions frequently. Remember when Rori was talking to Lorelei about the rumor of the laundry room incident that she assumed was about her. She talks about how conceite she must have to been to assume that and Lorelei admits that she would have reacted the same in her situation so "very self-conceited". In the very first episode when Dean talks about Rori's intense reading she says maybe she didn't look up because she was so self-conceited (or absorbed).

So I think that their characters are aware of this self conceit but they don't feel a need to change. Unlike Paris who is self-conceited and doesn't know it although she did try to improve herself ironically enough.

I think I could find self conceit of some level in all the characters. I can find it in myself and my family members too. That is what I mean when we see ourselves that we love and hate in them. I want to be able to eat gallons of ice cream and pizza when I am depressed and not gain any weight but I don't because I know that is just pretend.

Speaking of food. The actors pretend to eat the food, they don't actually show them put the food in their mouth unless it is a miniscule bite. One of my favorite food scenes is when Rori is eating the birthday coffee cake from Luke in Season 1 and if you watch the food during that sequence it disappears and reappears and I find it hilarious.

Okay gotta go make breakfast but I am not done discussing this. :)

CelestialStick
2006-05-28, 09:31 PM
Oh frustration!!! I had 3 paragraphs typed and then I pressed one of the funky buttons on the side my keyboard and I lose it all because my finger slipped >:(

Okay what I wanted to say first off is the Rori/Jess relationship started by ending the Rori/Dean relationship was more because Rori did not date before she met Dean. Their relationship was exclusive when they should have had more dating experience. So when Jess shows up and Rori sees a guy that has interests and tastes that her boyfriend and she don't share it is hard not to want to hang out with him. Dean likes Rori because she is so different from him and other girls around her, her love of reading first attracted him. Jess likes Rori because she has some of the same interests as him and because she is so different from everyone else.

I don't like how they took Dean's character and turned him from chilvarous to cheater.

I do like that Jess's character has improved from the "selfish, self-destructive path" he was on.

Part of what was so attractive about the show in the beginning was Rori's innocence and naivete versus her mother's experience and wisdom. They are aware of their self conceit because they mention it all the time. The refer to the behavior as being 2 or 4 years old often which is to say that they let their emotions "I want that now" take over their actions frequently. Remember when Rori was talking to Lorelei about the rumor of the laundry room incident that she assumed was about her. She talks about how conceite she must have to been to assume that and Lorelei admits that she would have reacted the same in her situation so "very self-conceited". In the very first episode when Dean talks about Rori's intense reading she says maybe she didn't look up because she was so self-conceited (or absorbed).

So I think that their characters are aware of this self conceit but they don't feel a need to change. Unlike Paris who is self-conceited and doesn't know it although she did try to improve herself ironically enough.

I think I could find self conceit of some level in all the characters. I can find it in myself and my family members too. That is what I mean when we see ourselves that we love and hate in them. I want to be able to eat gallons of ice cream and pizza when I am depressed and not gain any weight but I don't because I know that is just pretend.

Speaking of food. The actors pretend to eat the food, they don't actually show them put the food in their mouth unless it is a miniscule bite. One of my favorite food scenes is when Rori is eating the birthday coffee cake from Luke in Season 1 and if you watch the food during that sequence it disappears and reappears and I find it hilarious.

Okay gotta go make breakfast but I am not done discussing this. :)

I'm sorry you lost your first three paragraphs.

Watching the series from the beginning I am startled at just now naive Rory was at the start. I'd forgotten that.

I have to say that I also don't like that they made Dean a cheater. They also made him dumber. In the beginning he loved to read too and he made Rory read books he liked while she made him read books she liked. So they actually did have the interests in common. When theproducers brought Jess in to screw things up they dumbed down Dean. (A nice bit of aliteration there.) I really resent that they dumbed down Dean. Jess treated her so poorly and yet she chased after him. I hate that that happens so often in real life too.

I do think that they have some idea that they're conceited, but maybe they use the humor to dismiss it too easily rather than trying not to be so much that way.

Starla
2006-05-30, 11:38 AM
I think part of the chasing is they are trying to get the nice guy that caught them to come back out again.

I really don't like Logan. I favor Marty over Logan easily, but Marty is taking the "Luke" position.

My mom says this is really paralleling General Hospital. She says they even had the main characters Luke and Laura.

CelestialStick
2006-05-30, 05:19 PM
I think part of the chasing is they are trying to get the nice guy that caught them to come back out again.

I really don't like Logan. I favor Marty over Logan easily, but Marty is taking the "Luke" position.

My mom says this is really paralleling General Hospital. She says they even had the main characters Luke and Laura.
That's right! I often think of GH with Luke and Laura when I type "Luke and Lorelai." I never actually watched GH, but everyone knew about Luke and Laura. The final scene where Lorelai and Rory rush to tell each other the good news is precious and has me all choked up again!

Actually Marty did profess his feelings for Rory, and she said she had feelings for Logan. So he didn't really do a total Luke.

Hey, do you like the music of Gilmore Girls? I just love it!

I'm watching an episode of GG right now. It's from the first season, and Rory is thinking about trying to get back with Dean. Meanwhile Luke is hiding from Rachel by fixing Lorelai's house. Luke broke into Lorelai's back door and Lorelai says, "You've gone over the the Dark Side, Luke." Great Star Wars reference! :D

Also there was a great scene where Miss Patty is talking her little dancers through Swan Lake and they all "die." Priceless.

Edit: I just love this episode. I love the part where Rory says, "Because I love you, you idiot!" And the scene where Max sends Lorelai the flowers had me in tears.

Oh yes, I wanted to say that I really liked Rachel, and not just because her nipples are erect half the time. She seemed like a really cool character.

Lilly
2006-05-30, 05:41 PM
I just watched most of season 1, and am hooked, and am trying very hard to try to follow this conversation, but have no idea who most of these people are yet. :)

But it took all of one episode to get me hopelessly addicted, I even do the whole rapid talking thing with my friends (who are the ones who got me hopelessly addicted)

CelestialStick
2006-05-30, 06:02 PM
I just watched most of season 1, and am hooked, and am trying very hard to try to follow this conversation, but have no idea who most of these people are yet. :)

But it took all of one episode to get me hopelessly addicted, I even do the whole rapid talking thing with my friends (who are the ones who got me hopelessly addicted)
Welcome to Gilmore Girls! What good friends you have. I have tried to introduce a couple of my friends, but they alas have refused, not knowing the Gilmore goodness they are missing. You are about to enter sacred space; you are about to walk like an Egyptian! Welcome, fellow medium-sized creature! :D

kendrama
2006-05-30, 06:13 PM
Gilmore Girls: the official topic of the Really Long Post thread. ;D

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one who doesn't like Logan or where Rory has gone.
It tells you just how much I've started disliking Rory (just this season; I used to love her!) when I tell you that I think Logan's too good for her. And poor Marty, well, he's definitely better off...

I never watched Buffy. I did watch Charmed, which just ended, and though it wasn't horror it did have magic. Does that count?
Oh, Charmed had horror all right, just not the same kind. ;D Every single one of those actors was too good for that show; sadly, the writing was fairly atrocious. :(

I never watched Supernatural...I liked Jared Padaleki but not enough to watch his new show, which stars him and that guy who played Lana's boyfriend in a previous season of Smallville. I never really liked him all that much.
I have to admit that as much as I like the plot and characters of Supernatural, I would watch it anyway just for the chance to see two very hot guys. (And one very awesome car. :D) All the people I know who watch it are female, although I understand it was originally targeted at males. Go figure. ;D

It really disturbed me that Lorelai went and slept with Chris at the end of the season. Though the episode was well-framed dramatically (started and ended with Lorelai pretending to be asleep while having the most painful look on her face) it was just terrible to see her go and ruin things like that. If Luke ever finds out that Lorelai slept with Chris, that will be the end. I can't see Luke ever being able to forgive her.
I had very mixed feelings about the whole thing; sleeping with someone else while you're engaged is clearly wrong in my book, but I think she was in such a bad place emotionally that she already thought the engagement was over. I think she was trying to find a way to make it be over, and make sure that Luke wouldn't try to salvage it. I feel almost as bad for Christopher as I do for Luke, who I kinda feel brought some of the whole situation on himself.

Honestly, I don't think Lorelai knows how to have a relationship. Growing up, her only example was her parents, so maybe she thinks it's normal, even expected, for a couple to fight and try to drive one another away emotionally. And from what she said at Lane's wedding, I don't think she had much hope that she could ever be happy. It's a horrible thing to see your daughter's friend get married before you, and the possibility that Rory might, too, was too much for her.

Of course, mostly I blame the writers. :D

A little bit of trivia: did you know that both of the parents on 7th Heaven are Star Trek alumni?
You caught me; I'm a closet Trekkie, and I did know. :-[ In fact, I've seen Save the Whales :D about thirty times. TMP's not my favorite (mostly because the whole "surprise ending" comes across as pretty cheesy to me :D), but I've seen it a few times, too. My favorite of the movies is still Search for Spock, but I didn't come to the show until Next Gen was in reruns. Loved DS9, got bored of Voyager, and I refuse to watch Enterprise on the grounds that I can't stand Scott Bakula. ;D Did you see Galaxy Quest? One of the funniest movies ever, especially for a sci-fi fan.

I have to confess though that I never really liked Pete all that much.
Me either; I didn't stop watching because he left, it was just around that time that I finally noticed just how hard I was cheering for Lex. I would probably still be watching it if it didn't have anything to do with Superman, but when you have such well-established characters, and you try to change their backstory so drastically, it bugs me too much to stay with it. :(

...some black oil stuff a la the black oil creature from X-Files comes out and forms up into a humnanoid who then pretends to be Clark's teacher at the college he's now attending.
Played by James Marsters, who used to be Spike on Buffy the VS. Yeah, that was almost enough to get me to watch it again...maybe I will watch the reruns, after all. :)

So you can see why I just had to talk to someone about the Smallville season finale! :D
Seriously! It sounds like quite the cliffhanger!!!

Okay what I wanted to say first off is the Rori/Jess relationship started by ending the Rori/Dean relationship was more because Rori did not date before she met Dean. Their relationship was exclusive when they should have had more dating experience.
I agree; I think it would have made a big difference. I generally think it's a mistake to steady date just one person when you're that young; you're still discovering who you are, and changing so much every day, that it's not a great idea to limit yourself that way. How do you know whether your boyfriend's abusive or just opinionated if you have nothing to compare him to? It also takes away a lot from the "bad boy mystique" if you know who you are and what you want. :D

Seriously!! He never should have married that girl if he was still so caught up on Rory. He wasn't being fair to either his wife or himself.

Yeah, when Rory went to see him in Boston, I felt really happy for him; he seems to want to make something of himself, and it looks like he's doing a great job. Now if only Rory could learn from his example...

Part of what was so attractive about the show in the beginning was Rori's innocence and naivete versus her mother's experience and wisdom. They are aware of their self conceit because they mention it all the time.
I hadn't thought about it that way, but you're right. But there's a difference between being aware you're concieted and doing something about it. Part of growing up (at least in my experience) is learning how to put aside your own self interest for the good of others. I don't think either Lorelai or Rory has ever learned to do that for anyone but each other.

Unlike Paris who is self-conceited and doesn't know it although she did try to improve herself ironically enough.
A large part of why I love Paris is that although she's a huge emotional mess, and her parents have had basically no involvement in her life, she tries to be a decent person. I think that's what drew her to Rory in the first place; on some level, she wants to be sweet and kind, she just doesn't know how it works, so she does the best she can. Of course, she also has no idea how to back down, and the conflict between these two sides of her is what makes her so interesting to me. :D

CelestialStick
2006-05-30, 07:05 PM
Gilmore Girls: the official topic of the Really Long Post thread. ;D
Heh. That's because we have more to say then, "best episode, evah!" Of course, if you go back to the first page of the current OOTS strip thread, you'll see that I said just that, though whether lampooning the people who say that or the people who object to the people who say that, I'll leave to your own imaginations. ;)

By the way, I'd wondered where you'd gotten to, Kendra. Do you like have a life or something? ;)

It tells you just how much I've started disliking Rory (just this season; I used to love her!) when I tell you that I think Logan's too good for her. And poor Marty, well, he's definitely better off...

Oh, Charmed had horror all right, just not the same kind. ;D Every single one of those actors was too good for that show; sadly, the writing was fairly atrocious. :(

I suppose Rory would have ripped out Marty's heart the way she did Dean's. As for Charmed, I always liked it, though I think it was better in earlier seasons. I'm not sad that it's done now, the way I'm sad that 7th Heaven's gone or that, as I just found out last night, Everwood is going. It was time for Charmed to end. This whole season, in fact, seemed pretty weak. Actually I thought the show HAD ended at the end of the previous season when they faked their whole deaths and walked away from Hollowell Manor.

Speaking of things ending, I understand that WB is ending too. Supposedly it and UPN will merge and be replaced by a new network, which will carry the last season of Gilmore Girls.

I have to admit that as much as I like the plot and characters of Supernatural, I would watch it anyway just for the chance to see two very hot guys. (And one very awesome car. :D) All the people I know who watch it are female, although I understand it was originally targeted at males. Go figure. ;D

Well if they wanted men in their audience they should have included some attractive female characters. I'm not at all surprised that mostly women watch the show.

One of the secrets of the success of so many WB shows is that they contain attractive people of at least two generations, and sometimes even three, and of both genders.

I had very mixed feelings about the whole thing; sleeping with someone else while you're engaged is clearly wrong in my book, but I think she was in such a bad place emotionally that she already thought the engagement was over. I think she was trying to find a way to make it be over, and make sure that Luke wouldn't try to salvage it. I feel almost as bad for Christopher as I do for Luke, who I kinda feel brought some of the whole situation on himself.

I think that he certainly contributed, but you have to remember that Lorelai spring the question on him before he was ready, and then set a date that was very soon. Most couples stay engaged about a year, if for not other reason than that it takes that long to get a booking for a church or hotel. :D

I also think that Lorelai made a critical error in suggesting they postpone the wedding. I know that she did it thinking he would reassure her by refusing, but it was just such an obvious mistake on her part.

Honestly, I don't think Lorelai knows how to have a relationship. Growing up, her only example was her parents, so maybe she thinks it's normal, even expected, for a couple to fight and try to drive one another away emotionally. And from what she said at Lane's wedding, I don't think she had much hope that she could ever be happy. It's a horrible thing to see your daughter's friend get married before you, and the possibility that Rory might, too, was too much for her.

Of course, mostly I blame the writers. :D

LOL. Of course. I think that Lorelai didn't decide that she wanted to get married but wouldn't ever until after she offered to postpone the wedding and Luke took her up on it. I also think that Luke has or at least had every intention of still marrying her and that she make a big mistake in trying to get him to elope. How long has she known Luke? She knew he would never, ever just up and elope. Luke has to process anything emotional like that.

You caught me; I'm a closet Trekkie, and I did know. :-[ In fact, I've seen Save the Whales :D about thirty times. TMP's not my favorite (mostly because the whole "surprise ending" comes across as pretty cheesy to me :D), but I've seen it a few times, too. My favorite of the movies is still Search for Spock, but I didn't come to the show until Next Gen was in reruns. Loved DS9, got bored of Voyager, and I refuse to watch Enterprise on the grounds that I can't stand Scott Bakula. ;D Did you see Galaxy Quest? One of the funniest movies ever, especially for a sci-fi fan.

Why are you frowning about being a Trekkie? I'm one of the very first Trekkies. I watched the original Star Trek from the very first episode back in 1966. My brothers participated in the write-in campaign that saved Star Trek for it's third season. I watched the show in endless reruns for a decade on WGN TV Chicago and read all the books and when the first movie came out actually enjoyed the allegedly too long scene with Kirk and Scotty flying around the refitted Enterprise because like the two of them I felt like I was finally coming home again after a decade in the wilderness.

I suppose The Next Generation was my favorite of the spin-off shows, but I really did appreciate the darkness and the political complexity of DS9. Voyager I found weak until they introduced Seven of Nine who was head and shoulders (and breasts) above all the other characters combined. She allowed for some interesting conflicts and perspectives that they just couldn't do without her. It was also cool to see them finally return home, although frankly I could have done with an episode or two of wrap-up afterwards. At least it got the chance not to be Lost in Space or Gilligan's Island. Indeed the very fact that they managed to keep getting closer to home was one of the good points after the especially weak first season.

I have to say though that I really, really liked Enterprise and really like Scott Bakula, or Scott Dracula as I like to call him just for fun. I think the show could have run much longer if WB hadn't nuked it on Wednesday nights with Smallville, especially as Enterprise just kept getting better and better.

Actuallyy Star Trek III: The Search for Spock is my favorite movie too. I will say that the Star Trek movies all seemed a little "thin" to me, perhaps because STar Trek started as episodic in nature and the sense of regularity and stability of the series just couldn't be replicated in occasional movies. In the original cast movies, especially, they just kept having to contrive reasons to get the whole cast back together and that contributed to the "thinnness."

Still The Search for Spock has what I still regard as the best extended scene in all of Trekdom: It starts with Kirk lying to the head of Star Fleet about not going back after Spock's body ("I hear ya"), goes through resucing McCoy from lockup ("That green-bloodded sonofabitch--it's his revenge for all those arguments I let him win") and finishes with the theft of the Enterprise ("that's what you get for missing staff meetings, Doctor). It's so tense and yet so funny at the same time. Of course that movie also stands out as the first time they had the guts to actually blow up the Enterprise instead of just threaten it (I cried by the way), and also because they killed Kirk's son.

The critics panned it as being too serious, but the very seriousness of it make the humor that much funnier.

Me either; I didn't stop watching because he left, it was just around that time that I finally noticed just how hard I was cheering for Lex. I would probably still be watching it if it didn't have anything to do with Superman, but when you have such well-established characters, and you try to change their backstory so drastically, it bugs me too much to stay with it. :(

Played by James Marsters, who used to be Spike on Buffy the VS. Yeah, that was almost enough to get me to watch it again...maybe I will watch the reruns, after all. :)

Seriously! It sounds like quite the cliffhanger!!!

It was astounding. I have no idea how they're going to rescue everyone. Now that they've killed of Jonathan Kent, moreover, any main character is fair game except I suppose for Clark, Lois and Lex. Nobody else has to survive until Clark becomes Superman.

I can't really imagine why you would root for Lex. I love Tom Welling as teenage Clark. I just find him completely believable as the boy who become Superman. He has that nobility, that sense of what's right even in the face of what he would like personally.

I agree; I think it would have made a big difference. I generally think it's a mistake to steady date just one person when you're that young; you're still discovering who you are, and changing so much every day, that it's not a great idea to limit yourself that way. How do you know whether your boyfriend's abusive or just opinionated if you have nothing to compare him to? It also takes away a lot from the "bad boy mystique" if you know who you are and what you want. :D

I would have liked to have seen them stay together. Lots of people go steady at an early age and some even marry their childhood sweethearts. I think it's a serious character flaw if you have to be treated like garbage to understand that somebody else treated you like gold.

Seriously!! He never should have married that girl if he was still so caught up on Rory. He wasn't being fair to either his wife or himself.

I agree with that. Dean was on the rebound and frankly it's pretty hard when you're that heartbroken to push away someone else who is so into you.

Yeah, when Rory went to see him in Boston, I felt really happy for him; he seems to want to make something of himself, and it looks like he's doing a great job. Now if only Rory could learn from his example...

I hadn't thought about it that way, but you're right. But there's a difference between being aware you're concieted and doing something about it. Part of growing up (at least in my experience) is learning how to put aside your own self interest for the good of others. I don't think either Lorelai or Rory has ever learned to do that for anyone but each other.

A large part of why I love Paris is that although she's a huge emotional mess, and her parents have had basically no involvement in her life, she tries to be a decent person. I think that's what drew her to Rory in the first place; on some level, she wants to be sweet and kind, she just doesn't know how it works, so she does the best she can. Of course, she also has no idea how to back down, and the conflict between these two sides of her is what makes her so interesting to me. :D
I was happy for Jess too. He seemed to have cleaned himself up a bit; of course it was easier because, well, he got his own tv show. ;)

Yeah, the Gilmore Girls could use some serious practice in treating other people better. They're so cute and witty that it's easy to overlook their conceit, but especially as I watch the show through for what must be the third time, I see more and more where they're not just great people all the time.

I often think that I would make a good match for Paris, as we're both abrasive intellectuals. On the other hand, that's probably exactly why we'd constantly clash. At least the makeup sex would be passionate! ;)

kendrama
2006-05-30, 08:20 PM
By the way, I'd wondered where you'd gotten to, Kendra. Do you like have a life or something? ;)
"Life" is highly overrated. ;) Yes, I have one of those; sadly, my goal of winning the lottery and spending all of my time online or reading didn't pan out. ;D

I think that he certainly contributed, but you have to remember that Lorelai spring the question on him before he was ready, and then set a date that was very soon.
True, but she didn't force him to say yes, and if he felt like she did, maybe that should have been a warning sign to him.

Argh. The whole thing makes me sad, because it could and should have been a very good relationship for both of them, but nooooo....stinking writers. ;D

I also think that Luke has or at least had every intention of still marrying her...
Maybe, but he was putting off some weird vibes, and trying just a little too hard to keep his two sets of relationships separate. It might just have been his fear that April would like Lorelai more than him, but I'm not totally sure...there's enough doubt in my mind that I can just barely see where Lorelai was coming from; I don't agree with her, but I can see where she's getting the idea.

Why are you frowning about being a Trekkie?
Not frowning, blushing. ;) It's only one item on my long, long list of geek credentials, so it's a little embarrassing. Of course, I should realize that since I'm posting on a message board for a D&D stick figure webcomic, there's no hiding my geekiness, anyway. ;D

I have to say though that I really, really liked Enterprise and really like Scott Bakula, or Scott Dracula as I like to call him just for fun.
I don't know what it is; I used to be a huge Quantuum Leap fan, but then one day I tried to watch it and it was just like "ick, I can't stand this guy!" Maybe I overdosed. ;D

I can't really imagine why you would root for Lex. I love Tom Welling as teenage Clark.
In some ways yes, in some ways I can't buy it. If there was one quality that always said "Clark Kent" to me, it was naivete or innocence; in Smallville, Clark already seems to have lost too much of that. I could buy him as Superman, but not as Clark Kent, if that makes any sense, and since he's not supposed to be Superman yet, it bugged me. Plus, I found Lex's conflicts with his dad and his concience much more interesting and believable for his character.

I think it's a serious character flaw if you have to be treated like garbage to understand that somebody else treated you like gold.
A flaw which unfortunately far too many women have. :( Too many of us believe that we somehow brought the abuse on ourselves, or don't even recognize it for what it is the first time we see it. There are also a lot of women who think they can change a man to suit them, instead of recognizing that a) he's a person with thoughts of his own and b) there are men out there who are closer to what they really want, anyway. Only experiencing a lot of people can slay that particular myth. :D

Starla
2006-05-31, 11:34 AM
It is interesting how the side storys are better than what is going on in the main plot. Lane and her mother have a relationship that paralleled Lorelei's and Emily's in the beginning of the show but it has progressed to where the mother has accepted many things about Lane that Lane never would have thought possible. Their relationship is getting better while Lorelei's are getting worse.

kendrama
2006-05-31, 03:16 PM
...it has progressed to where the mother has accepted many things about Lane that Lane never would have thought possible.
How could I forget to mention Mrs. Kim? I love her; she doesn't take anything from anybody, but she's still willing to bend a little (at least, she is now, even if she wasn't in the beginning) in order to keep her relationship with her daughter.

I really liked the wedding episode; it made me think a lot more of Zach that he was willing to go through two weddings for Lane, and actually seemed to enjoy it. :D

CelestialStick
2006-05-31, 06:20 PM
"Life" is highly overrated. ;) Yes, I have one of those; sadly, my goal of winning the lottery and spending all of my time online or reading didn't pan out. ;D

True, but she didn't force him to say yes, and if he felt like she did, maybe that should have been a warning sign to him.

I don't think he felt that way. I think he just felt stressed out after he met April and suddenly his life turned topsy-turvy.

Argh. The whole thing makes me sad, because it could and should have been a very good relationship for both of them, but nooooo....stinking writers. ;D

I gotta agree on both points.

Maybe, but he was putting off some weird vibes, and trying just a little too hard to keep his two sets of relationships separate. It might just have been his fear that April would like Lorelai more than him, but I'm not totally sure...there's enough doubt in my mind that I can just barely see where Lorelai was coming from; I don't agree with her, but I can see where she's getting the idea.

He wasn't putting off some weird vibe, he was being Luke. How long have we known Luke now? This is totally predictable Luke behavior in response to something life-shattering like suddenly discovering he has a daughter on top of being engaged.

I can, however, see what's going on with Lorelai. But since he's the star of the show, it's her responsiblity to be the sane one when he's out of control. Being even more isnane than he is guarantees that it will all come crashing down, as it did. It was perfectly predictable too, and I'd been getting knots in my stomach for half the season knowning it was going to happen.

Not frowning, blushing. ;) It's only one item on my long, long list of geek credentials, so it's a little embarrassing. Of course, I should realize that since I'm posting on a message board for a D&D stick figure webcomic, there's no hiding my geekiness, anyway. ;D

Good God woman! Whom do you think is reading this webpage? Mr. GQ?! :D I actually predate the term "Geek." When I was a kid we were "brains." :)

I don't know what it is; I used to be a huge Quantuum Leap fan, but then one day I tried to watch it and it was just like "ick, I can't stand this guy!" Maybe I overdosed. ;D
That is truly bizarre. It reminds me of how last fall when I was having gastro-intestinal problems I suddenly couldn't bear to eat apples or bananas anymore, even though they'd been my staple for years.

You know for some reason I never got into Quantuum leap while it was running new shows. I tuned in twice, and saw the same episode. Then they made a big fuss about the series finale, and so I watched it. It was great, so later when Sci Fi started showing it, I watched. I thought Dracula was good at the leaper, and so I liked him in Enterprise too.

In some ways yes, in some ways I can't buy it. If there was one quality that always said "Clark Kent" to me, it was naivete or innocence; in Smallville, Clark already seems to have lost too much of that. I could buy him as Superman, but not as Clark Kent, if that makes any sense, and since he's not supposed to be Superman yet, it bugged me. Plus, I found Lex's conflicts with his dad and his concience much more interesting and believable for his character.

It has been a hard couple of seasons for Clark. He can't stay the same forever I guess. I wonder how much longer they'll extend the show, and if we'll ever get to see him become Superman. The Clark Kents of The Amazing Adventures of Superman and Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman wasn't so innocent either. I mean in some ways yes--the Clark of Lois and Clark was still a virgin before Lois--but they both had a wry, worldly sense about them. The Smallvill Clark is more angst-ridden, but then that show's always been about angst. The difference is that now Clark really has somethings to be pained about--something more than just not being able to talk to his childhood sweetheart. He's still good and noble though, as he should be.

A flaw which unfortunately far too many women have. :( Too many of us believe that we somehow brought the abuse on ourselves, or don't even recognize it for what it is the first time we see it. There are also a lot of women who think they can change a man to suit them, instead of recognizing that a) he's a person with thoughts of his own and b) there are men out there who are closer to what they really want, anyway. Only experiencing a lot of people can slay that particular myth. :D
And because for some reason the rotten guys are the most attractive, the nice guys finish last. :(

It is interesting how the side storys are better than what is going on in the main plot. Lane and her mother have a relationship that paralleled Lorelei's and Emily's in the beginning of the show but it has progressed to where the mother has accepted many things about Lane that Lane never would have thought possible. Their relationship is getting better while Lorelei's are getting worse.
There have been some good moments with Lane and her mother. (Notice that we've never seen Mr. Kim, not even at Lane's wedding?) There's the scene were Mrs. Kim takes over as band manager and sets them up with a full touring schedule and so forth--even though she hates that Lane's a band with boys. Then there's the whole bit with her helping Lane's finance write a hit song. But best of all came when Lane's mother showed up and we find out that she's a Buddhist and doesn't even know that Lane's mother is a Seven-Day Adventists. Like daughter, like mother, apparently.

Still I see those as sidelights and the main relationships still involved the Gilmore Girls.

kendrama
2006-05-31, 08:53 PM
He wasn't putting off some weird vibe, he was being Luke.
True, but he was being pre-self-help books Luke. I mean, didn't he listen to all those tapes about relationships and stuff? Shouldn't he have been at least a little bit more willing to talk to Lorelai, and tell her what was bugging him? Not that I'm trying to make this be his fault! No, I think that they were pretty much doomed from the start, TV relationships being what they are...

It was perfectly predictable too, and I'd been getting knots in my stomach for half the season knowning it was going to happen.
I've got to agree with you there; in fact, when last season's finale ended, my sister turned to me and said "So, how do you think they'll screw this one up?" When we were little, our mom watched Moonlighting, so we were both hoping GG wouldn't go down the same way...little did we know. ;)

Good God woman! Whom do you think is reading this webpage? Mr. GQ?! :D I actually predate the term "Geek." When I was a kid we were "brains." :)
Oh, I was a "brain" in school, too, or sometimes a "nerd," but most often just a "weirdo." I'm just two or three years too old to have gotten the benefits of the whole "geek chic" thing. Dang it. :D I laugh now when I see popular kids wearing Inu Yasha shirts or texting across a room on their cell phones; we used to do the same thing on our graphing calculators, but it wasn't nearly as cool then. My poor trig teacher finally made us all cover the infrared ports with electrical tape so we couldn't type to each other while he was lecturing... ;D

It has been a hard couple of seasons for Clark. He can't stay the same forever I guess. I wonder how much longer they'll extend the show, and if we'll ever get to see him become Superman.
Now that, I would tune back in for. I almost watched this season, after all, especially once they changed Supernatural's time slot to just after Smallville.

The Clark Kents of The Amazing Adventures of Superman and Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman wasn't so innocent either....The Smallvill Clark is more angst-ridden, but then that show's always been about angst.
Maybe that's my problem. After a certain point, angst bores me. I read a lot of very angsty books (ever read any Mercedes Lackey?), and I think it's much easier to prolong something like that in writing than in a one-hour weekly show. When you make me wait a week between globs of angst, I lose the emotional build-up and it stops being believable. It usually starts being funny to me at that point, and I start heckling the show, and it's next to impossible to get back into the mood once you've done that. Maybe I've just watched too much Mystery Science Theater 3000. ;D

(Notice that we've never seen Mr. Kim, not even at Lane's wedding?)
Huh. You know, for some reason I'd always assumed she was a widow? I don't have a clue if that's actually in the show or if my brain just made it up...weird. :D

pandapandapie
2006-06-01, 01:54 AM
I haven't seen much Gilmore Girls, I saw a little but I always got the feeling that there was some plot point I didn't understand because I don't watch the show regularly. I want to watch more though because I've had a huge, pathetic crush on Alexis Bledel ever since I saw Tuck Everlasting. I also really like Rachel McAdams, who has rivaled Alexis for my love ever since I saw the Wedding Crashers and was like, "she's pretty cool" then found out she's the girl from The Notebook (which my guy friends make fun of me for liking) and I was like, "She's really awesome!".

The two of them are my dream gals.

CelestialStick
2006-06-01, 06:10 AM
True, but he was being pre-self-help books Luke. I mean, didn't he listen to all those tapes about relationships and stuff? Shouldn't he have been at least a little bit more willing to talk to Lorelai, and tell her what was bugging him? Not that I'm trying to make this be his fault! No, I think that they were pretty much doomed from the start, TV relationships being what they are...

Oh yes, I forgot about the self-help books! That changes everything! ;) Ok, seriously, he read one self-help book. The book helped him finally go after Lorelai. I think though that any residual impact it might have made got blown away by the arrival of April. Self-help books don't generally made radical changes in people--very little does that--and under so much stress people tend to revert to who they've always been.

I've got to agree with you there; in fact, when last season's finale ended, my sister turned to me and said "So, how do you think they'll screw this one up?" When we were little, our mom watched Moonlighting, so we were both hoping GG wouldn't go down the same way...little did we know. ;)

I never watched Moonlighting. That had Bruce Willis and Sybil the Shepherd, right? Or was it Shepherd the Sybil? ;)

Oh, I was a "brain" in school, too, or sometimes a "nerd," but most often just a "weirdo." I'm just two or three years too old to have gotten the benefits of the whole "geek chic" thing. Dang it. :D I laugh now when I see popular kids wearing Inu Yasha shirts or texting across a room on their cell phones; we used to do the same thing on our graphing calculators, but it wasn't nearly as cool then. My poor trig teacher finally made us all cover the infrared ports with electrical tape so we couldn't type to each other while he was lecturing... ;D

Alas, none of that stuff existed when I as in school. The first hand -held calculators came out when I was in high school, but my parents were too cheap to actually buy me one for chemistry. At first I had to struggle along with a sliderule, which I never mastered. They they opened a bank account to get me a "free" calculator which was very inacurate. :(

Now that, I would tune back in for. I almost watched this season, after all, especially once they changed Supernatural's time slot to just after Smallville.

Maybe that's my problem. After a certain point, angst bores me. I read a lot of very angsty books (ever read any Mercedes Lackey?), and I think it's much easier to prolong something like that in writing than in a one-hour weekly show. When you make me wait a week between globs of angst, I lose the emotional build-up and it stops being believable. It usually starts being funny to me at that point, and I start heckling the show, and it's next to impossible to get back into the mood once you've done that. Maybe I've just watched too much Mystery Science Theater 3000. ;D

Heh! I loved MST3k! I haven't seen it in years now, but I do know that when I was watching it regularly I sometimes had to resist the temptation to start a running commentary on tv show or, worse yet, movies in the theater. :D I mean I sometimes tried to resist the temptation. ;D

Come back to the light side, Kendra, and watch the most recent reason reruns on WB this summer (before it merges into whatever it's going to become for next fall)! It was a really cool season, and you've just got to tune in to see how they get out of the trouble in which the season finale left them. :D

Huh. You know, for some reason I'd always assumed she was a widow? I don't have a clue if that's actually in the show or if my brain just made it up...weird. :D
That's probably because we've never seen him. In yesterday's ABC Family episode from the first season, however, Lane tells Rory that "my parents are sending me to Korea."

[quote author=pandapandapie link=board=banter;num=1148769411;start=15#21 date=06/01/06 at 01:54:30]I haven't seen much Gilmore Girls, I saw a little but I always got the feeling that there was some plot point I didn't understand because I don't watch the show regularly. I want to watch more though because I've had a huge, pathetic crush on Alexis Bledel ever since I saw Tuck Everlasting. I also really like Rachel McAdams, who has rivaled Alexis for my love ever since I saw the Wedding Crashers and was like, "she's pretty cool" then found out she's the girl from The Notebook (which my guy friends make fun of me for liking) and I was like, "She's really awesome!".

I love Rachel McAdams! I had one with cheese the last time I went to McDonalds! ;) Seriously though, I'd never heard of her before and had to look her up. I see she was in Gene Roddenbury's Earth: Final Confict, but I don't recall her from there. I've never heard of Tuck Everlasting or the Notebook (not even sure about the Wedding Crashers either). She's fine, but not really my type. A bit on the young side too, having been born when I was 15 or 16. Alexis is even younger, having been born the year I turned 21. I don't normally date women that much younger (actually I have never dated a woman that much younger) but since I don't have kids of my own it doesn't seem quite as goofy as it would if I did. She's a bit waiffish for my taste, although pretty. :)

Hey, that reminds me: does anyone recall the episode where Lorelai and Rory got into a fight over who had smaller breasts? "Your boobs are totally bigger than mine!" ;)

kendrama
2006-06-01, 02:43 PM
I never watched Moonlighting. That had Bruce Willis and Sybil the Shepherd, right? Or was it Shepherd the Sybil? ;)
Yes; I don't remember it that well, but I do remember the two of them were really funny. Looking back on it now, I'm kinda surprised both that my mom let me watch that show, and that I liked it. I was just a little kid at the time, after all...hmm, that might explain a few things about my personality, though. ;)

Alas, none of that stuff existed when I as in school...At first I had to struggle along with a sliderule, which I never mastered.
Ugh! I tried using one of those a few times (my physics teacher had one he'd make us try to use if we whined about the computers not working), and I have never been so glad for the advance of technology. :D

Heh! I loved MST3k!...when I was watching it regularly I sometimes had to resist the temptation to start a running commentary on tv show or, worse yet, movies in the theater.
Oh, I did it in church once. Luckily, I managed to keep it quiet enough that nobody but my sister and my mom heard me, but I'm still waiting for the lightning bolts. ;D

MST3K is hands down my favorite TV show of all time. MST3K: The Movie was pretty good, too; I think if Mike wasn't married, I'd be stalking him right now. ;D (Okay, so I doubt I'd go that far; I'd be thinking about it, though!) Have you ever seen Space Mutiny? It has most of my favorite lines, although there are other episodes I've liked equally well.

Alexis is even younger, having been born the year I turned 21. I don't normally date women that much younger (actually I have never dated a woman that much younger)...
Oh, come on, you can't just give me openings like that! ;)

Hey, that reminds me: does anyone recall the episode where Lorelai and Rory got into a fight over who had smaller breasts? "Your boobs are totally bigger than mine!" ;)
Yup. Heck, I've had that argument a few times...

I want to watch more though because I've had a huge, pathetic crush on Alexis Bledel ever since I saw Tuck Everlasting.
That was a pretty good movie, even if it did make a few weird changes from the book. Have you seen Sin City? I guess Alexis was in that one, too, although I haven't seen it myself.

...The Notebook (which my guy friends make fun of me for liking)...
Well, since it's based on a book written by a guy, that's pretty silly. :) I wonder how much fanmail Nicholas Sparks gets from hot women every day? I bet it's more than your friends do. ;)

pandapandapie
2006-06-01, 03:44 PM
Yeah, I saw Sin City. I didn't like it though. I liked the part with Bruce Willis but that was it. I hated Alexis' character on there.

EDIT:
I love MST3K also! The Pod People? Definately the greatest thing ever. I also really like what I've seen of Smallville but halfway through the second season, I missed a lot and now I'm completely lost. Until I go buy the DVDs I have no idea what's happening in the Smallville world. My favorite show though has got to be Firefly, followed by Buffy.

Starla
2006-06-02, 11:18 AM
Okay somewhere in there you were talking about Luke having read the self-help books so he should know better.
Hello? The problems between TJ and Liz? Luke was being totally hypocritical there. He could help TJ and Liz figure out that there was a lack of communication and got him to come back and talk to her, but he didn't listen to his own advice and see that Lorelei was having a problem with his lack of communication with her. He didn't listen to any of the hints she gave of how disappointed she was that he wasn't listening to her about the wedding.

CelestialStick
2006-06-02, 11:44 AM
Yes; I don't remember it that well, but I do remember the two of them were really funny. Looking back on it now, I'm kinda surprised both that my mom let me watch that show, and that I liked it. I was just a little kid at the time, after all...hmm, that might explain a few things about my personality, though. ;)

Do you think it was too adult for you at that age?

Ugh! I tried using one of those a few times (my physics teacher had one he'd make us try to use if we whined about the computers not working), and I have never been so glad for the advance of technology. :D

Bravo for technology! Down with the Luddites!

Oh, I did it in church once.
ROFLMAO! I can just see myself getting the temptation to do something like that myself. :D I wouldn't want to do it in a church myself, however, as I'd rather not be evoking any antisemitic images. I might do it in temple though. :D

Luckily, I managed to keep it quiet enough that nobody but my sister and my mom heard me, but I'm still waiting for the lightning bolts. ;D

I think God can take a few jokes. :)

MST3K is hands down my favorite TV show of all time. MST3K: The Movie was pretty good, too; I think if Mike wasn't married, I'd be stalking him right now. ;D (Okay, so I doubt I'd go that far; I'd be thinking about it, though!) Have you ever seen Space Mutiny? It has most of my favorite lines, although there are other episodes I've liked equally well.

Hmm. I'm not even sure what's my favorite. Maybe the original Star Trek. I mean I grew up on that show. It ran from fall 1966 to spring 1969 and thus from when I was not quite six to when I was about eight and a half. Then of course I watched it endlessly in reruns, except for the episode "Turnabout Intruder" when some horrible ex-girlfriend of Kirk's takes over his body and Shatner runs around actually like a very stereotyped women. Yuck. To this day I still turn it off if that one comes one. :)

Anyway though I do love MST3k. I liked it better with Joel than with Mike, who in any case used to appear as a supporting character sometimes when Joel was the star (like when Mike played the boy flying around space on Gamera). The Gamera episodes were my favorite, and to this day I still sometimes since the Gamera theme-song:
Gamera!
Gamera!
Gamera is really neat!
Gamera if full of meat!
We've been eating Gamera!

Gamera!
(spam spam spam spam spam!)
Gamera!...

You gotta love a show that makes fun of Gamera and uses Python humor in the process. (By the way, part of the reason I liked that one so much is because Gamera was my favorite monster when I was a kid.)

Oh, there was also a great episode in which the actor who played The Chief in the old Get Smart show played a conman and they kept making Get Smart jokes. During part of that movie "the chief" dressed up as a minister and then one of the 30-year-old teenagers he'd conned was chasing him and he kept hitting the teen with a cane, so the MST3K crowd kept saying stuff like, "I forgive you! I forgive you already" each time the conman hit the teen with his stick.

I don't know if I've seen Space Mutiny. What was the plot, assuming it had one? What was the great line?

Oh, come on, you can't just give me openings like that! ;)

You mean you had some pity comment that you refrained from saying? What fun is that? Let's hear it! :D

Yup. Heck, I've had that argument a few times...
Why oh why oh why would two women have that argument?! ??? (Not that it wasn't hysterically funny when Lorelai and Rory had it. Especially when Rory said, "your boobs are totally bigger than mine." :D) There was a similar argument among the women of Friends during an episode in which Joey wanted the underwire from the biggest bra in order to jimmy open the car door that got locked. (Poor Rachel was reduced to saying, "I stuff outside my bra.")

kendrama
2006-06-02, 02:19 PM
Hello? The problems between TJ and Liz? Luke was being totally hypocritical there. He could help TJ and Liz figure out that there was a lack of communication and got him to come back and talk to her, but he didn't listen to his own advice...
Seriously! That really bugged me, too.

Do you think it was too adult for you at that age?
Well, it's kind of an unusual show for a kid to enjoy! Way too much talking, and not a lot of dancing, singing, or puppets. ;D

I don't know if I've seen Space Mutiny. What was the plot, assuming it had one? What was the great line?
Oh, it was bad! There were these people flying around in a "spaceship" that had a surprisingly large basement-like area, and some of the crew decided to stage a mutiny. The "hero" was this big chunky muscle-bound guy (Mike and the 'bots kept calling him stuff like "Bolt Steakface," "Slab Beefchunk," and my personal favorite, "Big McLargehuge"), and the "heroine" was annoying, vapid, and looked at least twenty years older than him, which didn't stop her from spending half the movie in hot pants. (I guess the two of them are actually married in real life, which just makes the whole thing even funnier. ;D) The main bad guy (named Calgon, of all things, which led to a lot of lines like "Calgon, blow me away.") is played by the same guy who plays Diabolik in the series finale, and all the shots of the outside of the spaceship were ripped off from the original Battlestar Galactica.

The best part was the "car chase" scene, which took place in the spaceship's basement in these little golf-cart sized things that mostly looked like floor buffers. That goes on for a few minutes, with Mike and the 'bots cracking some really great lines ("Put on your helmet! We'll be reaching speeds of three!" "I can't go any faster! I have to drop the waxing compound!" "Hit the siren--doo doo doodle doodle doo doo doo doo."), and then the hero decides he's going to ram the other guy with his floor buffer. He accellerates as fast as he can (he's going maybe five miles an hour at this point), screaming the whole way, then just stops screaming, turns around, and hops out. It's one of those things you have to see to get, but it's hilarious.

Why oh why oh why would two women have that argument?! ???
Well, girls share clothes a lot more than guys do, and it's something you notice when you're trying to wear your friend's blouse but the buttons keep flying off. :D Plus, while some guys may enjoy watching a woman jiggle while she walks, for most of us it's hideously embarassing, and something we go to great lengths to avoid or at least minimize. So, what that boils down to is: smaller bust = tighter, more fashionable clothes; bigger bust = looser outfits that might -gasp!- make you look fat. (Although I think I just violated the Girl Code by posting that, especially on a public message board. ;D)

CelestialStick
2006-06-02, 04:17 PM
Okay somewhere in there you were talking about Luke having read the self-help books so he should know better.
Hello? The problems between TJ and Liz? Luke was being totally hypocritical there. He could help TJ and Liz figure out that there was a lack of communication and got him to come back and talk to her, but he didn't listen to his own advice and see that Lorelei was having a problem with his lack of communication with her. He didn't listen to any of the hints she gave of how disappointed she was that he wasn't listening to her about the wedding.
Oh, shoot! I meant to respond to this earlier, Starla.

Yes, he read one book and then gave it, along with a little advice, to Jess. But as I suggested in an earlier post, one self-help book doesn't generally cause radical changes in someone's personality, and people often respond to extreme stress by reverting to old patterns. Clearly the Luke we see now is the old Luke before he read the one book. He's not being hypocritical; he just forgot about that sharing stuff. :D

Edit: I do that sharing stuff, by the way, and it usually sends women running for the hills. I've discovered that woman prefer to complain about men not sharing than to actually have men share. :D

Seriously! That really bugged me, too.

Well, it's kind of an unusual show for a kid to enjoy! Way too much talking, and not a lot of dancing, singing, or puppets. ;D

Ah, you were THAT young.

Oh, it was bad! There were these people flying around in a "spaceship" that had a surprisingly large basement-like area, and some of the crew decided to stage a mutiny. The "hero" was this big chunky muscle-bound guy (Mike and the 'bots kept calling him stuff like "Bolt Steakface," "Slab Beefchunk," and my personal favorite, "Big McLargehuge"), and the "heroine" was annoying, vapid, and looked at least twenty years older than him, which didn't stop her from spending half the movie in hot pants. (I guess the two of them are actually married in real life, which just makes the whole thing even funnier. ;D) The main bad guy (named Calgon, of all things, which led to a lot of lines like "Calgon, blow me away.") is played by the same guy who plays Diabolik in the series finale, and all the shots of the outside of the spaceship were ripped off from the original Battlestar Galactica.

The best part was the "car chase" scene, which took place in the spaceship's basement in these little golf-cart sized things that mostly looked like floor buffers. That goes on for a few minutes, with Mike and the 'bots cracking some really great lines ("Put on your helmet! We'll be reaching speeds of three!" "I can't go any faster! I have to drop the waxing compound!" "Hit the siren--doo doo doodle doodle doo doo doo doo."), and then the hero decides he's going to ram the other guy with his floor buffer. He accellerates as fast as he can (he's going maybe five miles an hour at this point), screaming the whole way, then just stops screaming, turns around, and hops out. It's one of those things you have to see to get, but it's hilarious.

Wow! You did an excellent job of describing it! I've never seen it but I was actually laughing out loud at your descriptions!

Well, girls share clothes a lot more than guys do, and it's something you notice when you're trying to wear your friend's blouse but the buttons keep flying off. :D Plus, while some guys may enjoy watching a woman jiggle while she walks, for most of us it's hideously embarassing, and something we go to great lengths to avoid or at least minimize. So, what that boils down to is: smaller bust = tighter, more fashionable clothes; bigger bust = looser outfits that might -gasp!- make you look fat. (Although I think I just violated the Girl Code by posting that, especially on a public message board. ;D)
Wow, what crazy kind of stuff! Jiggle = good. Breasts = good. Why are women so embarassed about their breasts?!

By the way, men do NOT share their clothes. :D

kendrama
2006-06-02, 05:49 PM
...one self-help book doesn't generally cause radical changes in someone's personality...
Well, I guess that depends on the book, doesn't it? I mean, just think how many people's lives have been changed by, say, the Bible? It's still the best-selling book of all time, you know. ;)

...and people often respond to extreme stress by reverting to old patterns. Clearly the Luke we see now is the old Luke before he read the one book. He's not being hypocritical; he just forgot about that sharing stuff. :D
The only reason I have a problem with that is that it took place in the same episode. He gives TJ advice, gets him and Liz back together, and then steps right back into the whole mess with Lorelai. Admittedly, it's usually much harder to see your own mistakes and problems than other people's, but still...

Wow, what crazy kind of stuff! Jiggle = good. Breasts = good. Why are women so embarassed about their breasts?!
Well, for one thing, they can draw the wrong kind of attention. I mean, sure, if you're going bar crawling or something, you might not care, but in virtually any situation, it gives a very distinct impression that you're easy if you're bouncing all over the place. It's inappropriate for, say, a business environment, or anywhere you want to be taken seriously. Besides, most of us think we're worth at least a little patience and effort! :-/

By the way, men do NOT share their clothes. :D
Hah! One of the true marks of female friendship is being willing to share a sweater (or other article of clothing) that looks better on her than it did on you. That's when you know you're real friends. :D

CharedTheCinder
2006-06-04, 06:14 PM
Yes My wife makes me watch Gilmore Girls! (at least thats what I am telling the world) I am so addicted to that show it is not even funny! She made me watch Season 1 b/c I made her watch all the star wars (back to back) The only bad part is now I am overseas and there is NO Rory Lorelai, Luke over here :( So I am so behind it sucks :( Hehe I remember the episode where Lorelai was being auctioned off and the "nerds" were trying to buy her. She made a D&D Comment!!! cant remember for the life of me what it was:)

::EDIT:: Rolled a 1 on my spellcheck :(

Starla
2006-06-05, 12:14 PM
http://cosmic-dance-of-shiva.net/index.html

LORELAI: Yes! Ha, ha, sorry guys, don’t feel bad. I’m totally into Dungeons and Dragons. You’ve skated.

Here is another site to help you get your fix:
http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/gilmoregirls/

You're welcome in advance. ;D

CelestialStick
2006-06-05, 07:13 PM
Well, I guess that depends on the book, doesn't it? I mean, just think how many people's lives have been changed by, say, the Bible? It's still the best-selling book of all time, you know. ;)

The only reason I have a problem with that is that it took place in the same episode. He gives TJ advice, gets him and Liz back together, and then steps right back into the whole mess with Lorelai. Admittedly, it's usually much harder to see your own mistakes and problems than other people's, but still...

Well, for one thing, they can draw the wrong kind of attention. I mean, sure, if you're going bar crawling or something, you might not care, but in virtually any situation, it gives a very distinct impression that you're easy if you're bouncing all over the place. It's inappropriate for, say, a business environment, or anywhere you want to be taken seriously. Besides, most of us think we're worth at least a little patience and effort! :-/

Hah! One of the true marks of female friendship is being willing to share a sweater (or other article of clothing) that looks better on her than it did on you. That's when you know you're real friends. :D

Yes, it's true that the Bible (by which you mean the New Testament?) has had a profound affect on millions of people. I wouldn't, however, call it a self-help book, though of course people have helped themselves though it too. I've also seen that people have sudden personality changes based on something read, whether the Bible or others things, often revert to prior form over time. I've known many Christians who didn't seem to practice much of what the New Testament preaches, even though they intellectually believed in it. Changing a belief is generally easier than changing a personality.

Now as I recall it, Luke gave TJ the self-help book advice and then went out and asked Lorelai to his sister's wedding. It wasn't until the following season that Luke reverted to his non-sharing form, and only after April showed up. I honestly think you and Starla are being too hard on Luke.

I agree with you completely about how women who appear "too sexual" get a great deal of unwanted attention, and that some sort of more conservative attire is more appropriate for business situations. I also know that many men would give their right eye teeth to get a great deal more sexual attention that they get. It's partly a matter of placing a lower marginal value on what you have in great abundance, as we might say in economics. :)

Your comment about thinking you're worth the effort and patience seems non sequitur. What does that have to do with not jiggling? Also, why do some women think that only men should put in the effort and patience? It's really a throwback to the old stereotypes of men as the pursuers and women as the pursued. When I hear comments like that I think it's like the 1960s never happened.

Starla
2006-06-06, 02:37 AM
He gave the book to Jess. Then he went to ask Lorelei to go to the Wedding. No I don't expect Luke to be perfect all the time, but he did need to follow his own advice.

Jess, if you recall read the book quickly as usual and decided to ask Rori to come with him to New York and start over their relationship. She said no and was right to do that, but now he is better. He has really matured and I hope that we see more of him now. Maybe he can give Luke some of his own advice.

CelestialStick
2006-06-06, 09:04 PM
He gave the book to Jess. Then he went to ask Lorelei to go to the Wedding. No I don't expect Luke to be perfect all the time, but he did need to follow his own advice.

Jess, if you recall read the book quickly as usual and decided to ask Rori to come with him to New York and start over their relationship. She said no and was right to do that, but now he is better. He has really matured and I hope that we see more of him now. Maybe he can give Luke some of his own advice.

The actor who plays Jess got his own show. I don't know how well it did or whether the new CW Netowork will carry it in the fall. If not, then maybe Jess will return for the final season of Gilmore Girls. At this point I actually dislike Logan even more than I dislike Jess, so I'd prefer to see Rory with Jess. What I'd really prefer, however, is for Rory to get back with Dean. Since the actor who played Dean got his own show, which I think will continue on CW, that seems unlikely.

Yes My wife makes me watch Gilmore Girls! (at least thats what I am telling the world) I am so addicted to that show it is not even funny! She made me watch Season 1 b/c I made her watch all the star wars (back to back) The only bad part is now I am overseas and there is NO Rory Lorelai, Luke over here :( So I am so behind it sucks :( Hehe I remember the episode where Lorelai was being auctioned off and the "nerds" were trying to buy her. She made a D&D Comment!!! cant remember for the life of me what it was:)

::EDIT:: Rolled a 1 on my spellcheck :(
That's cool that your wife got you into it and you love it!

Starla
2006-06-07, 10:58 AM
My sister said it didn't go off well. Which is one reason why he keeps showing up in GG. The harpist in the first season was going to play Suki, but she did go to another show so they wrote the harpist part for her just so she could be in the first season.

CelestialStick
2006-06-08, 05:57 PM
My sister said it didn't go off well. Which is one reason why he keeps showing up in GG. The harpist in the first season was going to play Suki, but she did go to another show so they wrote the harpist part for her just so she could be in the first season.

Yeah, I don't see the show on the fall lineup for the new CW network. Gilmore Girls is there along with Smallville, One Tree Hill and surprisingly Seventh Heaven (which I'd thought had finished), but not his show, the name of which escapes me.

The last two episodes of GG shown on ABC Family are excellent. In yesterday's episode there's a great, great dance scene with Lorelai and Chris, and it's cool how well the two of them, Rory and Dean all get along well. Too bad Chris had already found Sherry. It was sort of nasty of him though to be all lovey-dovey with Lorelai though when he had Sherry. At that point it would have been nice to have things all work out for the four of them (Luke, Lorelai, Rory and Dean).

Then in today's show Lorelai gets tricked into modeling in the Chilton Booster Club fashion show, and in turn tricks her mother into it to. They they model matching outfits to the "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" and it's totally hysterical!

Alarra
2006-06-08, 06:58 PM
His show is Bedford Diaries, and that's sad, I really liked that show a lot.

Starla
2006-06-08, 10:41 PM
I have been having making my friend watch them all in the last 2 weeks. We are on Season 3 now and she loves the wit and sarcasism and the evil tricks everyone plays on each other to manipulate... ::)

CelestialStick
2006-06-09, 12:51 AM
His show is Bedford Diaries, and that's sad, I really liked that show a lot.

Yes, that's the name. I don't like the actor and I watch too much tv anyway so I didn't bother to watch the show.

I have been having making my friend watch them all in the last 2 weeks. We are on Season 3 now and she loves the wit and sarcasism and the evil tricks everyone plays on each other to manipulate... ::)

Like what?

CelestialStick
2006-06-17, 06:17 PM
I just watched the show in which Rory went to lunch with Jess when he bought her basket. It was clear that Jess was after her but she refused to listen to Dean's concerns or even to her own mother and went with him anyway. At the end of the episode she went and called Jess and started flirting with him on the phone. What a wretched scum she turned out to be. Can't those Gilmore Girls treat men (or boys) decently?

I think the only female character who treats men decently on that show is Suki. Of course later in the show there will be the whole vascetomy thing, so I'm gonna count her out too. :D