PDA

View Full Version : What's that song???

Jack Skellington, Pirate King
2006-05-10, 09:47 AM
'Kay, I made sure to run a search for 'suzuki' first just so you know.

So here's the shimmy: That song from that suzuki car commercial has been stuck in my head for the better part of the entire month and I still can't figure out what it's called or who it's by... So ya know... Any help available would be appreciated!

Bao, bao, ba, bao, bao, bao,
bao, bao, bao, ba-
dumanami dumanami duminami duminami

Ghost_of_Zashrak
2006-05-10, 10:49 AM
:-/

Could you be looking for a piece of "Oh Yeah" by Yello, circa 1984? It was adapted for numerous commercials and was included in the soundtrack for "Ferris Bueller's Day Off." I had one of my 80's cd's playing so I might just be fudging the connection or miss-remembering which commercial I think you mean. :P

8)

EDIT: Typos, the bane of my existence. :-[

WampaX
2006-05-10, 10:59 AM
The one they used in the Twix commercials during the late 80s early 90s?

Ghost_of_Zashrak
2006-05-10, 12:28 PM
I think so. The tag phrasing is instrumental and I can't write music but here it is in psuedo phonetics of my own:

Bao BAOmp Chica CHIKahhh

and then the words talk-sung in the lowest of bass voices "Oh Yeah, oh yeah...OH Yeahh"

It kind of loops around with some faster progressions through the bass and drum signatures. You get slight variations, and even a kind of siren running in the background for a while.
It is a definite brain worm of a tune.
Hope it is the one Fluffy was looking for.

;D

2006-05-10, 08:27 PM
It was more techno than baritone actually, and there were no 'yeah's or 'chika's... And uh, I wasn't alive in the late 80's so... Yup. I wish I had a mic so I could record myself doing it... Gargh, I couldn't find anything about it on suzukiauto.com either. NRRRERERRAEAGHH!! >:(

TinSoldier
2006-05-10, 08:34 PM
Well, go to the official Yello website (http://www.yello.ch/) and tell us if that is the song you are thinking of.

They have really short snippets of the song there.

Edit: I used to have a cassette tape of Yello's music, including Oh, Yeah on it. The other songs were pretty good too. I'll have to see if I can get it on CD nowadays...

Gerrtt
2006-05-10, 10:12 PM
I've downloaded an mp3 and burned it on a CD...if that counts...

Spuddly
2006-05-10, 10:34 PM
Struggle by Ringside, perhaps? It starts out sort of like a Bond themesong.

There goes Elvis kicking up a landslide
Close shave now he´s back on the flipside
Stretch taxi gonna fly me to the Hollywood Bowl
It's a bitch Jack when you need some feedback
You hang while they hold you and you never get the ring back
But I like you best when you're down with the rest of us

2006-05-14, 06:12 AM
I tried to reply 2 days ago but 'the people' were doing work on my lines.

Anyhoo, it's the commercial for the forenza, the one where the hot chick is undressing in the elevator, then gets out of the elevator and gets into the forenza, then the song starts. I listened to the yello song and that's not the one, it doesn't sound like the steroetypical "love making music," just so ya know.... It's sorta rough to explain to someone who hasn't seen the commercial. The commercial for the forenza. It's a car commercial. It's cool. It's got a car in it. And a hot babe. I neeeed to know what that song is.
... I listened to that struggle song (cool song btw) but that's not it either!!! Curse you automobile industry, AND your retarded way of not crediting the songs in your commerciaallllllllllllsssssssss!!!

Flak_Razorwill
2006-05-14, 03:08 PM
There's a song I heard a year ago in a small internet movie. It was a fake ad for a product called the "apist-ray ask-may". The piece was like an olympic theme, or a news channel intro, you know, something brassy or epic.

I do not condone the content of the video, but if anyone would like to help me out, do a google or PM me. I've looked high and low for the song's title, and it's really bugging me! I think the song was mainly used for dramatic irony.

Ghost_of_Zashrak
2006-05-14, 04:21 PM
Fluffy2.0 wrote:
Anyhoo, it's the commercial for the forenza, the one where the hot chick is undressing in the elevator, then gets out of the elevator and gets into the forenza, then the song starts.

I have seen the commercial, so I will now try to remembe to watch for it and listen to the song.

I find it frustrating that an email to the car company add group couldn't shake the tree hard enough to get an answer. They have to be paying ASCAP, or some other extortionist copywrite protection scammer :o artist representative licensing agency every time the ad runs, or have bought a life of the ad use license from somewhere.

I'll definitely keep my ear out for it.

:D

EDIT:
**None of Your tax dollars at work here **
Please forgive the appearance of this posting, whiile we upgrade the quality of typing for your enjoyment.

[Darn typos!!..] ;)

Chris the Pontifex
2006-05-14, 06:00 PM
full description of the ad from the suzuki site:

Elevator
This 30-second spot begins in an elevator of an office building. A businesswoman enters the elevator with others at the end of a long workday. The woman surprisingly begins quickly removing her suit (i.e. Superman) as several pairs of eyes watch in disbelief as she tactfully disrobes. As they reach the ground floor, the scene reveals underneath it all, a full cycling gear outfit. Set to fast-paced and energetic music, she sprints to her Suzuki Forenza to meet a friend. She enters the Forenza with a “let’s go” voiceover, while footage of performance continues with other supers about generous passenger space and abundant list of standard features followed by warranty information. A voiceover asks, “You want more out of life?” The Forenza reaches a summit and parks. The two women join their friends and go biking together while the camera pulls back to reveal a green lens is the “Go” light hanging above a rural intersection while the Forenza speeds through and disappears into the distance. Simultaneously, a voiceover says “We’re giving you the green light … Go.”

I think I saw that one....

here is the full commercial
http://suzukiauto.com/sr_06/forenza/gallery/ads/elevator_broadband.mov

dont have clue as to what song it is though, sorry

Old_el_Paso
2006-05-14, 08:35 PM
apist-ray ask-mayRivapivist mivask? Gross!

TinSoldier
2006-05-14, 08:36 PM
Well, I Googled the commercial and I don't know what song it is. It is definitely not Oh, Yeah by Yello.

Ghost_of_Zashrak
2006-05-14, 11:17 PM

I finally saw the commercail again today.
I was way off, :-[ I agree with TinSoldier, definitely not Oh Yeah. Sorry, I thought I had it clear in my mind.

In an odd twist, I also saw a commercial, apparaently one of many, that used Oh Yeah, at least about 4 seconds of it, during the same commercial string.

Any way, I made some notes and tried to run a lyric search but I guess too many years of loud music has diminshed my auditory acuity.

Sorry for the wild goose chase. Happy hunting! I will keep listening to see if I can catch a bit more detail.

;D

Flak_Razorwill
2006-05-14, 11:54 PM
Rivapivist mivask? Gross!

Yeah, it's horrible. Still, anyone have any luck actually ID'ing the song?

2006-05-15, 03:21 AM

I finally saw the commercail again today.
I was way off, :-[ I agree with TinSoldier, definitely not Oh Yeah. Sorry, I thought I had it clear in my mind.

In an odd twist, I also saw a commercial, apparaently one of many, that used Oh Yeah, at least about 4 seconds of it, during the same commercial string.

Any way, I made some notes and tried to run a lyric search but I guess too many years of loud music has diminshed my auditory acuity.

Sorry for the wild goose chase. Happy hunting! I will keep listening to see if I can catch a bit more detail.

;D

Oh, no problem there, I'd like to see anyone explain the song in words better than I did lol... And once again, I curse Suzuki, and all things Suzuki related!

... Exept this thread.

2006-05-20, 10:36 PM
M'kay, It's in 'Fun With **** and Jane,' so it shouldn't be too long before I figure out which one it is, so...
... W00t. I've been looking for lyrics to all the songs, and this may take a while, I'll let peoples know when I've found which one it is, because I'm sure you're all looking for it too ;)

style214
2006-05-24, 08:55 AM
The Song is called Alive and Amplified by Mooney Suzuki.

Flak_Razorwill
2006-05-24, 03:53 PM
I forgot to mention: the song I'm trying to ID is at heyhomie.com.

Please?

Kedrot
2006-05-24, 08:58 PM
for any song you do not know, but know the tune... go Here! (www.songtapper.com) and follow the instructions. It's a great website, but they're still building their library

CatCameBack
2006-05-25, 08:54 AM
The Song is called Alive and Amplified by Mooney Suzuki.

You are correct, but you did not respond in the form of a question....

I found some other songs. At first the track struck me as techno or even J-Pop, but they seem to be a power guitar group (like REM Monster).

Amotis
2006-05-25, 08:31 PM
You are correct, but you did not respond in the form of a question....

I'll take the rapist for $500.

almostryan3
2006-06-06, 03:26 PM
well ill tell you it goes turn me on and turn me on andturn me on i am alive and amplified and its called alive and amplified i found it under artist "The mooney suzuki" but dont know who actually sing it so yeah "Alive and Amplified-The Mooney Suzuki" spent about 2 hrs looking for it first time i saw the commercial

2006-06-18, 06:42 AM
YES!

Alive and Amplified is the song! I love you style214 and almostryan3! I fell ill with who knows what for a week or so, and while I was dying, my "family" sent back all my movies! Waaah! Thank you SO much for helping me!!!

That's "titles" Mr. Connery, not "titties."