PDA

View Full Version : Pirates of the Carribean 2

Artemis_Bane
2006-06-06, 10:56 PM
The title explains it. It looks awesome. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6714424947694398582

BTW, anyone else notice that Davy Jones looks like a mind flayer?

EDIT: Whoa. I've watched it 3 times now. 4, actually.

Death, your friend the Reaper
2006-06-06, 10:59 PM
If its anything like the first it should be good. Altho by the look its full of mind-flayer goodlyness

bosssmiley
2006-06-06, 11:11 PM
"Gyarr! Great Cthulhu will rise from ye deep and be lootin' all of yer rum now! And he be soundin' like Bill Nighy too!"

rdmflash
2006-06-06, 11:13 PM
*gets all fanboy like over davy jones*

Pagz
2006-06-07, 12:49 AM
i have no doubt that it should be as good as the first one, though im not liking the amount of fantasy they seem to put into this one by the looks of the trailer, i dunno, undead where cool and it added to the myteriousness of the whole thing, and seems beleveable that they're there, but "summon the kracken", wtf? the crew being some kind of abnormally is ok, but.... oh i dunno, maybe im just too realistic, i guess ill judge it when it coems out

Death, your friend the Reaper
2006-06-07, 12:59 AM
I did think it was becoming a tad unbelivable. The first one had not to many wierd things happening. Dose look like it is set on another universe now....

pandapandapie
2006-06-07, 01:17 AM
"Gyarr! Great Cthulhu will rise from ye deep and be lootin' all of yer rum now! And he be soundin' like Bill Nighy too!"
Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Davy Jones looks like Cthulu.

Shadow_of_Light
2006-06-07, 01:47 AM
I can't look at Davy Jones without getting cravings for calamari.

Mmm...

bundy_dragon
2006-06-07, 02:52 AM
Yarrrrrr. It looks like one to watch.

Artemis_Bane
2006-06-07, 09:13 AM
Aye, methinks I agree.
Heh, Jacks last line in the trailer is funny. "There will come a moment when you will be able to do the right thing." "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."
Hmmm, I was reading about it on wikipedia. Interesting stuff. 7 times! EDIT: Dang, I'm as obssessed with this as my sister was with the first one. She watched it 12 times, and I've watched this 11 times.

Valda, Adlav and Samiam: the Jacked-Up Trinity
2006-06-07, 10:16 AM
i have no doubt that it should be as good as the first one, though im not liking the amount of fantasy they seem to put into this one by the looks of the trailer, i dunno, undead where cool and it added to the myteriousness of the whole thing, and seems beleveable that they're there, but "summon the kracken", wtf? the crew being some kind of abnormally is ok, but.... oh i dunno, maybe im just too realistic, i guess ill judge it when it coems out

Jones has a squid for a face. If I had a squidface I bet I could summon the Kraken. Lol. But seriously, I'm sure it'll all make more sense once we figure out the origin of Davy and his crew.

Shiny, Bearer of the Pokystick
2006-06-07, 10:18 AM
Nothing good ever seems to come from the briny deep.
Let's just hope ol' davy doesn't get four of his tentacles attached on Jack.
Or he can extract his brains.

Dr._Weird
2006-06-07, 11:04 AM
It's the call of Davy Jonesthulhu!

I can't wait to show that to a certain friend of mine.

Lilly
2006-06-07, 01:03 PM
What be ye doin' on July 7th?

I be goin' to see this movie.

It looks good, it looks really good... That is all.

"And I happen to have no dress in my cabin..."

ElfMaster2000
2006-06-07, 03:01 PM
I hope it turns out as good ast the first. Number one was awesome.

Jibar
2006-06-07, 03:03 PM
"And I happen to have no dress in my cabin..."

You are quoting the movie right?

WampaX
2006-06-07, 03:08 PM
You are quoting the movie right?

Yes.

Best part of X-men 3 . . . this trailer. ;D

Jibar
2006-06-07, 03:10 PM
I fail to comprehend.

Edit; Oh...I get now.

Baerdog7
2006-06-07, 03:15 PM
Yes.

Yep, but the part about not having to listen to Scott's bitching for the whole movie is a close second.

-Baerdog7

Eldred
2006-06-07, 03:43 PM
Yep, but the part about not having to listen to Scott's bitching for the whole movie is a close second.

-Baerdog7

Seconded.

Anyway, this be a film well worth me watchin, garrr

Shadow_of_Light
2006-06-09, 09:45 PM
Yes.

YES! :D My youngest sister also heartily agrees with this.

Lianae
2006-06-09, 09:48 PM
But did anyone see the bit in the trailer when it looks like Jack and Elizabeth are about to kiss?! :o :o
They can't do that!!

Also, I swear Johnny Depp has gotten hotter.

Evil_Pacifist
2006-06-09, 11:29 PM
Wait. I don't get it. Who's the weird mind flayer guy? Should I watch the trailer thirty more times?

Looks good. I probably won't get around to seeing it until about this time next year, though. I'm like that.

Eldred
2006-06-10, 04:25 AM
Wait. I don't get it. Who's the weird mind flayer guy? Should I watch the trailer thirty more times?
That's Davy Jones, most likely the main villain in the film. I don't know what on earth he's meant to be though... zombie mindflayer maybe?

EDIT: My quote went wrong.

Daishi
2006-06-10, 09:41 AM
Did anyone really listen to the soundtrack? I liked it. About the kiss, the filmakers do funny things with adds, like cut and paste the movie so that something happens in the trailer that doesn't happen in the movie. For example, in the trailer, when Jack was taking that snipe or whatever? Then he shot, and there was a scene of a guy falling, like he had just been shot? I bet those two things happened at way different times in the movie, but like I said, they cut and paste the movie for the ad.

Tomb_Raven
2006-06-10, 08:23 PM
Aye, methinks I agree.
Heh, Jacks last line in the trailer is funny. "There will come a moment when you will be able to do the right thing." "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

HEY!!!!!!!!!! The stole that fromt he hitchhickers guide ot the galaxy!!!!

" i love deadlines. I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly past"

grrr amniosity points against movie already now.

Raven

EDIT: Sacrilage and Blasphemy what they did to the HHGTTG movie

Lianae
2006-06-11, 03:25 AM
EDIT: Sacrilage and Blasphemy what they did to the HHGTTG movie

One word: Hollywood. :P