PDA

View Full Version : World in Conflict problems

doliest
2009-08-10, 01:27 AM
I recently obtained and installed World in Conflict Soviet Assault, and I've found two problems which I will list in order of importants-

1. I run the game on a non-gaming labtop and in order to avoid lag have cut the graphics down to very low. I've noticed no lag in gameplay but every five or so minutes the game crashes and the computer tells me the progam has stopped. Can someone tell me whats wrong with it?

2. The packaging says that it also contains the original game, but I can't find it can someone tell me where it's supposed to be?

Kudaku
2009-08-13, 04:51 AM
1. I run the game on a non-gaming labtop and in order to avoid lag have cut the graphics down to very low. I've noticed no lag in gameplay but every five or so minutes the game crashes and the computer tells me the progam has stopped. Can someone tell me whats wrong with it?

I really have no idea how to help you here, apart from trying out the official World in Conflict troubleshooting FAQ, found here (http://www.massgate.net/read.php?28004,92757).

2. The packaging says that it also contains the original game, but I can't find it can someone tell me where it's supposed to be?

Sovjet Assault adds four(?) missions to the original campaign, following the Sovjet military forces as they invade the US - if you're playing the game then you're playing both the original game and the expansion pack.

Edited as I messed up the quotes :smallcool:

doliest
2009-08-13, 10:49 PM
I really have no idea how to help you here, apart from trying out the official World in Conflict troubleshooting FAQ, found here (http://www.massgate.net/read.php?28004,92757).

Sovjet Assault adds four(?) missions to the original campaign, following the Sovjet military forces as they invade the US - if you're playing the game then you're playing both the original game and the expansion pack.

Edited as I messed up the quotes :smallcool:

Thank you, I'll have to try some of those steps, one sounds something like my problem. I've got a friend who's good with Daemon tools and that's the suggested way to fix that one, so I guess I'll try that. The lag on the cutscene's is a big issue, but one that's likely just my labtop's non gaming nature. It can actually be hilarious, considering that the audio comes 30 second before the video, leading to a hilarious scene where the soviet soldier declaring war is still climbing onto the tank, as if he's having a problem getting onto it.:smallbiggrin: