PDA

View Full Version : Thread Permission

rojomoke
2009-08-10, 01:08 PM
I'm currently being refused access to a thread which has been tagged as "mature". Is there some authentication process that needs to be followed?

AstralFire
2009-08-10, 01:19 PM
I'm currently being refused access to a thread which has been tagged as "mature". Is there some authentication process that needs to be followed?

It got moved somewhere that normal users can't access. I'm guessing they wished to dispose of the thread, or it's under close review. It happens now and then.

Douglas
2009-08-10, 01:20 PM
Yes, it's called "become a mod". One of the mods has apparently decided the topic of that thread is not appropriate for these forums and moved it to a mod-only area.

In case you didn't see any of it before the mods got to it and are wondering what got such a response, it was about rape in a D&D game. While it might be possible to discuss such a topic here while staying on the right side of the rules and guidelines, it would be difficult and I am not surprised the mods decided this thread crossed the line.

Roland St. Jude
2009-08-10, 01:50 PM
The thread was moved out of sight for review (but don't expect it to return). The thread began with the premise of PCs sending rape gangs after other PCs to send them a message. If this happened in a PbP game where everyone was aware of the kind of game they were playing, well we probably wouldn't hear about it, though I can't say we'd approve of it. But as a discussion topic, it's borderline, and worse, it invited numerous posts about graphic real world sexuality, violence, and criminality. As douglas said above, it might be theoretically possible to have a "how do you deal with serious issues in your game" thread, it would be very difficult to do so without running afoul of the forum rules.

Also, there isn't a "mature" area on this board nor does marking something "mature" or "NSFW" shield it from the application of our Forum Rules, which prohibit discussions of graphic violence, explicit sexuality, criminal activity, etc. It's often said that the board has a rating of PG-13; that's a reasonable rough guideline.

Sheriff of Moddingham: Having answered the OP, thread locked.