PDA

View Full Version : What? How did that get into my Ipod?

Amotis
2006-05-22, 07:45 PM
Bad songs? Quick, deny that you like them. You know you want to. Guilty pleasures.

I hate hate hate Rufus Wainwright's Cigarettes And Chocolate Milk (http://youtube.com/watch?v=lnaT3Z8Pt4g&search=Rufus%20Wainwright%20Ch ocolate%20Milk). I mean, my little brother/sister must of put them there.

And no, I do not sing to Aladdin's A Whole New World (http://youtube.com/watch?v=YRi20cWMYOM&search=Disney%20Aladdin) all the time.

And of course, with my perfect taste in music I would never listen to Lifehouse's You and Me (http://youtube.com/watch?v=so8Y8sRLFnM&search=Lifehouse%20You%20and%2 0Me) and I most certainly not would learn it and play it and see him live. Nope. Never.

And Story of the Year's Anthem of Our Dying Day (http://youtube.com/watch?v=PVFtRq81Ku8&search=Anthem%20of%20Our%20Dyi ng%20Day) is NOT on my favorite mix on my Ipod.

And I defintenly have not followed Mae throughout their career and listen to stuff like Tisbury Lane and Suspension (http://youtube.com/watch?v=IfEYDR_v8FM&search=Mae).

You're turn.

bosssmiley
2006-05-22, 08:27 PM
*KRAK!* kicks the hip kid in the shin ;D

Guilty pleasures?

Although I'm an unreconstructed harrumphing, Telegraph-reading, pro-hunting flogger of the poor and foreign I like the Manic Street Preachers. Oh the shame of betraying my cultural roots for the siren call of self-involved, leftie Welsh indie music. :-[

I also like European METAAAAAL and the music of Willie Nelson. Any smirking and your shins will wish they had never been born! >:(

NEO|Phyte
2006-05-22, 08:42 PM
I most certainly do NOT have the mp3s from various YTMND sites on my playlist, and I should gut you for even suggesting such a thing. Nor do I have techno mixes of such things as Sesame Street or the Hamster dance, or even themes from various computer games. Its all lies and slander!

Yes, I've got normal tunes to listen too as well. I'm not even going to try to categorize them, as I don't go by artist/genre, I go by do I like the damn song. If that leads to a playlist that features Fraggle Rock and Metallica right next to eacdh other, so be it.

SpiderMew
2006-05-22, 09:51 PM
I will admet, i have a whole cd mix that has music downlaoded form Overclockremix and some form the Swedish Metal/VG cover band Game Over(http://nintendometal.com/)
And yes i did buy there new cd of more vg metal.
I love europen metal too, like Hammerfall!
I dont have an iPod cuz i sux0rz.

Midnight Son
2006-05-22, 09:56 PM
I never feel guilty about my pleasures. I listen to most anything from Latin, Other Foreign, 80's pop, Rock(50s-now, Metal, and Ballads), Country, Club, Jazz, Classic, sappy love songs...About the only thing I care little for is Gangsta and Hip-Hop. I just can't think of anything I have that I would immediately shut off if, say, the girl I want to impress were to walk in the room.

Flak_Razorwill
2006-05-22, 10:00 PM
I'm not the only one to d/l the YTMND albums?

YES!

(Pushin' it to the limit since 2005)

Baerdog7
2006-05-23, 12:23 AM
I totally do not have Wierd Al on my MP3 player and I totally do not have Kenny G albums sitting in my bedroom.

-Baerdog7

Amotis
2006-05-23, 12:25 AM
I totally do not have Wierd Al on my MP3 player and I totally do not have Kenny G albums sitting in my bedroom.

-Baerdog7

Dude...you play sax and you listen to Kenny G?
::)
I hope you have some really good players to balance it out.

Lilly
2006-05-23, 12:47 AM
I do not have The Battle of New Orleans on repeat, nor do I have McArthur Park (I left the cake out in the rain...) and Muskrat Love (as done by Captain and Tenille not America) and I most definatly do NOT have Rodeo Hoedown by Copeland (better known as the beef song), because that would be embarassing.

Edit: I forgot some songs that I don't own. I don't have Hey Ya or the Milkshake song.

Baerdog7
2006-05-23, 12:55 AM
Dude...you play sax and you listen to Kenny G?
::)
I hope you have some really good players to balance it out.

I was young! I actually haven't cracked open the cases on those CD's in years and they have never been on my MP3 player. I know, it's my dirty little secret and, no, I really don't have any other sax music, but I'm looking. I've just been preoccupied lately by expanding my classic rock, vg music, and musical collections to invest too many resources in that. Someday though, Coleman Hawkins, Prez, Stan Getz, and the other sax greats will get some BitTorrent time.

-Baerdog7

kriklaf
2006-05-23, 12:57 AM
I did not download Warrant's I Saw Red, Steelheart's She's Gone or Damn Yankee's High Enough. Nosiree, I did not. Amotis, I absolutely believe you about Aladdin--I too would never sing along to such drivel. Nor do I have anything by Bon Jovi on my iPod. And I most certainly do not have I'm Too Sexy on more than one playlist.

I have a sad affection for 80s hair bands. So sue me!

Amotis
2006-05-23, 12:58 AM
I was young! I actually haven't cracked open the cases on those CD's in years and they have never been on my MP3 player. I know, it's my dirty little secret and, no, I really don't have any other sax music, but I'm looking. I've just been preoccupied lately by expanding my classic rock, vg music, and musical collections to invest too many resources in that. Someday though, Coleman Hawkins, Prez, Stan Getz, and the other sax greats will get some BitTorrent time.

-Baerdog7

Tenor player right?
Stan Getz, Lester Young, and Sonny Rollins. All very solid players.

Baerdog7
2006-05-23, 12:59 AM
I do not have The Battle of New Orleans on repeat, nor do I have McArthur Park (I left the cake out in the rain...) and Muskrat Love (as done by Captain and Tenille not America) and I most definatly do NOT have Rodeo Hoedown by Copeland (better known as the beef song), because that would be embarassing.

Edit: I forgot some songs that I don't own. I don't have Hey Ya or the Milkshake song.

Oh God, don't remind me of the milkshake song. I've got baad images burned into my brain from when my Gifted coordinator came into my AP World History class sophomore year, sung that, and danced. Images that rape my mind like so many vikings on a woman in a pillaged town. Yeah, it was that bad. Ugh. Yours truly was forever scarred.

-Baerdog7

Amotis
2006-05-23, 01:00 AM
Amotis, I absolutely believe you about Aladdin--I too would never sing along to such drivel.

And this never happens (http://leasticoulddo.com/index2.php?date=20060506) ;D

Midnight Son
2006-05-23, 02:41 AM
And this never happens (http://leasticoulddo.com/index2.php?date=20060506) ;D
ha ha. So you're the one.

It was like to drive me insane. he he. I'd be sitting there minding my own business when in they'd walk with their little bags of popcorn. They'd sit down on the carpet and start singing their stupid songs and munching their popcorn. 'Bout drove me mad I tell you; Mad. With the munching and singing and singing and munching on that nice asian carpet. Ah ha-ha. But I showed them; them and their little friends with their laughing and pointing and such. Haha. I showed them all!

But wait. It was all a dream. It wasn't real? The nice doctor says it wasn't real. The nice doctor wouldn't lie to me...Would he?

Oh yeah and also; you will never be able to prove that I ever listened to Bananarama. You won't find them in my home, I tell you. And they're most definitely not on my MP3 player.

Archonic Energy
2006-05-23, 03:45 AM
How the **** did BROS end up on my PMP!!!!! >:(
(actually i can answer that i made a holiday CD and each of my mates had to pick one track. when i copied my MP3's to my PMP i didn't pick good ones i just copied the lot... i just cant be bothered to delete it. it always makes me reach for the next track button)

on a nicer note, i certanly do NOT listen to Genesis, or Phil Collins. and i CERTAINLY do not put "Dominio" on repeat loop.

neither does "Midnight Train" appear on my most played ...

Nerull
2006-05-23, 08:50 AM
Hmm..let's see...

Fernendo by ABBA.
Ice, Ice, Baby
Lost in Love (Air Supply)
I Be Strokin' (Clarence Carter)
Big Balls (AC/DC)
Take on Me (Ah-ha)
Do That To Me One More Time (Cptn & Tenille)

Behold: my MP3 player of absurdity.

U2QueenBee
2006-05-23, 10:01 AM
Disney soundtracks? What Disney soundtracks? *innocent whistle*

But Lilly, I love the Rodeo Hoedown, it's a classic!

I imagine a lot of people would think most of my playlist is fairly cringeworthy but I don't claim to be cutting edge, I just likes what I likes. :)

Kishkumen
2006-05-23, 12:56 PM
I haveOops! I did it again. BUT it's not by Britney Spears. It's a creepy Metal cover song by some guy called Wall

Amotis
2006-05-23, 06:25 PM
I haveOops! I did it again. BUT it's not by Britney Spears. It's a creepy Metal cover song by some guy called Wall

You sure it wasn't Children of Bodan? I've heard their cover of it.

Kishkumen
2006-05-23, 07:57 PM
You sure it wasn't Children of Bodan? I've heard their cover of it.

Nope, it was Wall.

edit-

"Fake Plastic Trees" By: Franklin Evans
what's the difference between a fake plastic tree and a real plastic tree?

Amotis
2006-05-23, 11:08 PM
edit-
what's the difference between a fake plastic tree and a real plastic tree?

It's a Radiohead song. A gallery was inspired by it and the picture was one of my favorites.

Tual_Marok
2006-05-24, 03:53 AM
I did NOT dl every sliver of music Milla Jovovich ever made and thought it was ok. :o and the rumors that i really liked every song in A GOOFY MOVIE are LIES, spread to undermine my credability >:(

PUNK FOR LIVE!

John_D
2006-05-24, 06:40 AM
Some people claim that my mp3 player includes Toxic by Britney.

Those people are dead.

Nerull
2006-05-24, 09:13 AM
Some people claim that my mp3 player includes Toxic by Britney.

Those people are dead.

Oh, but what a handsome corpse she makes.

InaVegt
2006-05-24, 01:53 PM
I absolutely deny that i haven't got any music playing devices other that my computer and the televison!

GeeVee
2006-05-24, 03:37 PM
I do NOT know the whole lyrics to "As long as you love me" by Backstreet boys. Really, I don't.

John_D
2006-05-25, 08:14 PM
Oh, I absolutely don't have two Blue Man Group albums. I did not count seeing them in December as an utterly incredible experience and am positively not planning on seeing their live show again this August.

Amotis
2006-05-25, 08:17 PM
Oh, I absolutely don't have two Blue Man Group albums. I did not count seeing them in December as an utterly incredible experience and am positively not planning on seeing their live show again this August.

Ugh. ::)
Good cause if you did I would have to kill them (and you) and replace them with "Jew Man Group".

General Leitmann
2006-05-26, 02:06 PM
No I do NOT have random versions of random national anthems in my music collection.... ::) ;) ;D

Flak_Razorwill
2006-05-26, 10:34 PM
The Star Spangled Banner to the tune of The Hymn of the Soviet Union...

No, I never visited random Russian subs, why?

(In other news, is Jack Black a Paladin or a Cleric?)

http://demonexterminator.ytmnd.com/