PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Fatigue Immunity

Foryn Gilnith
2009-08-10, 02:34 PM
What ways are there for a character to get fatigue immunity in D&D 3.5? This is half for a character and half so I can get the information.

NEO|Phyte
2009-08-10, 02:36 PM
Horizon walkers (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/prestigeClasses/horizonWalker.htm) with the desert terrain mastery are immune to fatigue.

Warforged are immune to fatigue, not sure how many other player races (if any) are.

Probably a few more ways, but these are the ones I know.

zarakstan
2009-08-10, 02:37 PM
Level 2 Lawful Evil Soulborn . . . :smallredface: (don't ask me how I know these things) . . .

Sinfire Titan
2009-08-10, 02:37 PM
Warforged are naturally immune. Soulborn 2 (Lawful Evil) gets partially immunity to Fatigue (Exhaustion still somewhat affects them, but ordinary Fatigue can't).

Edit: Double half-Ninja'ed.

ZeroNumerous
2009-08-10, 02:42 PM
Necropolitan.

ColdSepp
2009-08-10, 03:00 PM
Iron Heart Surge removes it.

ZeroNumerous
2009-08-10, 03:00 PM

Be a drow too. It'll remove the sun then.

Frosty
2009-08-10, 03:04 PM
Be a drow too. It'll remove the sun then.

Actually, I *can* see IHS removing Fatigue. It makes a lotta sense.

Sinfire Titan
2009-08-10, 03:31 PM
Actually, I *can* see IHS removing Fatigue. It makes a lotta sense.

And I can see IHS removing the sun from existence. What's your point? (http://www.onemanga.com/Mahou_Sensei_Negima!/248/11/)

JeenLeen
2009-08-10, 03:54 PM
There are footgear from Complete Champion that give immunity to exhaustion, casuing you to become fatigued instead. I think they give you immunity to fatigue (unless such would also cause exhaustion). I forget the name, though.

AstralFire
2009-08-10, 04:05 PM
And I can see IHS removing the sun from existence. What's your point? (http://www.onemanga.com/Mahou_Sensei_Negima!/248/11/)

...What did that link have to do with the price of tea in China?

Thrice Dead Cat
2009-08-10, 04:35 PM
There are footgear from Complete Champion that give immunity to exhaustion, casuing you to become fatigued instead. I think they give you immunity to fatigue (unless such would also cause exhaustion). I forget the name, though.

Sandals of the Vagabond. They're cheap, too, and also give you a luck bonus on initiative.

Sinfire Titan
2009-08-10, 04:38 PM
...What did that link have to do with the price of tea in China?

Well, considering the possibility that Jack Rakkan is actually Pun-Pun, a little bit of everything.

Darrin
2009-08-10, 04:51 PM
There's an elemental graft in Magic of Eberron, Breath of the Waves (9000 GP), that gives you immunity to fatigue, exhaustion, nausea, sickening, paralyzing, and stunning.

Berserk Monk
2009-08-10, 04:53 PM
Complete Warrior has magic armor I think called armor of the hunt or something like that. It's mithril and it prevents the wearer from becoming fatigued or exhausted. Great for barbarians.

Quirinus_Obsidian
2009-08-10, 05:37 PM
Complete Warrior has magic armor I think called armor of the hunt or something like that. It's mithril and it prevents the wearer from becoming fatigued or exhausted. Great for barbarians.

Armor of the Unending Hunt

+2 Mithral Chainmail, 21500 GP.
Armor of the Unending Hunt: This mithral +2 chainmail armor was built by the elves for rangers on long-range patrols. In addition to its protective qualities, it provides the wearer with immunity to fatigue and exhaustion.
Moderate Abjuration; CL 8th;
Craft Magic Arms and Armor, restoration; Price 21,500 gp; Cost 10,900
gp + 848 XP; Weight 20 lb.

Berserk Monk
2009-08-10, 06:36 PM
Armor of the Unending Hunt

+2 Mithral Chainmail, 21500 GP.
Armor of the Unending Hunt: This mithral +2 chainmail armor was built by the elves for rangers on long-range patrols. In addition to its protective qualities, it provides the wearer with immunity to fatigue and exhaustion.
Moderate Abjuration; CL 8th;
Craft Magic Arms and Armor, restoration; Price 21,500 gp; Cost 10,900
gp + 848 XP; Weight 20 lb.

Yeah, I knew it was something like that.

Curmudgeon
2009-08-10, 09:52 PM
There's an elemental graft in Magic of Eberron, Breath of the Waves (9000 GP), that gives you immunity to fatigue, exhaustion, nausea, sickening, paralyzing, and stunning.
It's not immunity to those conditions. The graft gives you the ability to neutralize those effects, but only once an hour. Great to handle fatigue from endurance, but not much help when you're getting hit by multiple spells that cause these conditions in one battle.

Talic
2009-08-10, 11:49 PM
Sheltered Vitality, Favor of the Martyr.

Amiria
2009-08-11, 04:13 AM
The Tireless (http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Tireless,all) regional feat (Forgotten Realms).

oxinabox
2009-08-11, 06:16 AM
Iron heart sure, remove any one ongoing condition, spell or effect.

I used this today.
DM didn't want to play it.
He's nerfed Iron heart surge abit by saying Doesn't stop AOE, becasue "It's not a condion that effects you, it's a condition that effects everybody"
With his response to my asking of him if fatigue was a condition (which it clearly is, it under conditions on a DM screens IIRC).
I then also pointed out that if some pionic races can draw o nthe powerr of there mind to not need to eat or drink for a day (and can do this there whole life) then how is it unbalanced that i can Draw on my Physcical and Mental prowless to shake of tiredness.

AstralFire
2009-08-11, 09:14 AM
Wait, he thought removing fatigue or exhaustion was too powerful for it? Is that what you're saying?

Blackfang108
2009-08-11, 09:19 AM
He's nerfed Iron heart surge abit by saying Doesn't stop AOE, becasue "It's not a condion that effects you, it's a condition that effects everybody"

Which is a perfectly reasonable interperitation of IHS.

ZeroNumerous
2009-08-11, 09:20 AM
Which is a perfectly reasonable interperitation of IHS.

No, it's not.

If it's an area of effect that affects everyone, then it affects you too. Otherwise you're exempt from that area of effect. If it affects you, regardless of whether it affects anyone else too, then you can remove it via Iron Heart Surge.

Fixer
2009-08-11, 09:26 AM
I can see a GM saying that IHS doesn't dispel the ENTIRE effect, but only its effect on the player who performs the IHS. That isn't too bad, all things considered.

AstralFire
2009-08-11, 09:27 AM
I can certainly understand that - I don't think it should be able to end AoE effects on other people. But I'm confused about the relation to fatigue/exhaustion and 'AoE' that oxinabox was using.

ZeroNumerous
2009-08-11, 09:28 AM
I can see a GM saying that IHS doesn't dispel the ENTIRE effect, but only its effect on the player who performs the IHS.

Of course, but saying "IHS doesn't work because it's an AoE" is just plain wrong.

Blackfang108
2009-08-11, 09:51 AM
No, it's not.

If it's an area of effect that affects everyone, then it affects you too. Otherwise you're exempt from that area of effect. If it affects you, regardless of whether it affects anyone else too, then you can remove it via Iron Heart Surge.

I read the "You" in IHS as "you and only you." This is a valid reading of the term.

This holds true both when I use it as a player, and when I dm a player who has it. I make sure they know this and other houserules before.

Until I saw these (common) arguements here, I never thought it could be interperted any other way.

therefore, it is a PERFECTLY logical reading that IHS doesn't effect AOE effects or walls.

Edit: But, I'm also curious: how does your DM not allowing IHS to work on AOE effects keep you from using IHS on Fatigue?

ZeroNumerous
2009-08-11, 09:56 AM
I read the "You" in IHS as "you and only you." This is a valid reading of the term.

Not unless you're intentionally house-ruling. RAW: IHS ends any condition affecting you. Regardless of the condition affecting anyone else, the condition being permanent or even if the condition is self-inflicted. If it affects you, it ends.

therefore, it is a PERFECTLY logical reading that IHS doesn't effect AOE effects or walls.

Walls, yes, because it isn't affecting you. AOE effects? Wrong, because they affect you. Regardless of it's affects on anyone, anything or anywhere else: If it affects you, IHS says you can remove it by RAW. Anything else is a house-rule.

Just because you don't read it that way is no reason to condescend.

I'm not being condescending.

Blackfang108
2009-08-11, 10:49 AM
Walls, yes, because it isn't affecting you. AOE effects? Wrong, because they affect you.

Sorry, I meant AOE Zones, not AOE in general. My bad.

vartan
2009-08-11, 11:06 AM
http://agc.deskslave.org/comic_viewer.html?goNumber=410 The argument between player and DM about IHS is infamous it seems. Also, I hope everyone reads Another Gaming Comic.

ericgrau
2009-08-11, 08:18 PM
Wand of lesser restoration?