PDA

View Full Version : GITP Spell Competition [Planning/Early Discussion Thread]

The Neoclassic
2009-08-10, 07:05 PM
I'd like to start a homebrew contest for spells. It'd work similarly to the prestige class and monster ones, but instead would focus on creating five to ten spells (possibly with fluff and a sample caster). Like other competitions, it would be based around a theme.

Would anyone be interested? Is this something that's already been done? Does anyone else have a strong desire to run this? Discuss.

Bhu
2009-08-11, 05:33 AM
Spells are a lil trickier to get right than most people think. I'd keep it at 5 per person max. Honestly I'd prolly go lower.

The Neoclassic
2009-08-11, 05:47 AM
Hmm, maybe 3-5 spells per person then? I just wanted it to be more than one or two, since spells still don't take as long to write as full-out monsters or prestige classes.

peacenlove
2009-08-11, 05:50 AM
I am interested of participating :smallbiggrin: I usually do complete paths for mysteries but i can apply the same logic to spells.

Kaihaku
2009-08-11, 07:03 AM
Hmm, maybe 3-5 spells per person then? I just wanted it to be more than one or two, since spells still don't take as long to write as full-out monsters or prestige classes.

Spells probably wouldn't take as much time to write but they take a long time to balance. I find it easier to write up a Monster and feel like I did a good job than a new Spell.

The Witch-King
2009-08-11, 09:49 PM
Certainly sounds like a great idea! I'd love to participate!