PDA

View Full Version : Best Spells

quick_comment
2009-08-10, 07:26 PM
If you had access to every spell in the game, regardless of which class list it appears on, what spells would you choose?

Eldariel
2009-08-10, 07:59 PM
Uh, you asking if I want the Wizard spell list? 'cause I'd want the Wizard spell list, though with few choice additions:
-Miracle [Cler 9, PHB]: Too good to pass up on. Access to all level 8 and lower spells pretty much with just one slot. Oh, and the option to do bigger things á la Wish when necessary.
-Favor of the Martyr [Pal 4, SC]: Immunity to basically everything. Iz nice.
-Arcane Fusion & Greater [Sor 4 & 7, CM]: These are just nuts. Two spells in one action?
-Wings of Cover & Flurry [Sor 2 & 4, RoTD]: Ok, auto-immunity to anything and uncapped boom boom with an auxillary effect on a failed save? Yeah, they're pretty good.
-Control Winds [Drd 5, PHB]: Woah, the earliest level city destroyer in the game!
-Summon Nature's Ally-line [Drd, PHB]: Yeah, they're nice. Some of the most versatile spells in the game.
-Blasphemy/Holy Word/Word of Chaos/Dictum-cycle [Clr 7, PHB]: Well, they're some of the very few no-save Just Die-effects in the game.
-Heal & Mass [Clr 6 & 9, PHB]: Best healing effects in the game. Gets rid of all the pesky effects.
-Magic Vestment [Clr 3, PHB]: Just to make armor bonuses obsolete.
-Revivify [Clr 5, SC]: Cheap no XP resurrections are nice.
-True Resurrection [Clr 9, SC]: When things really go wrong.
-Darkbolt [Clr 2, LoM]: Nice offensive spell with save or be ****ed.
-Lesser Vigor & Mass & Vigor & Circle [Clr 1 & 3 & 3 & 6, SC]: Just to persist some of them and use Wands without bothering with UMD.

And a bunch of buffs: Giant Size [Wu Jen 7, CArc], Visage of the Deity-line [Clr 3 & 6 & 9, SC], Holy Transformation [Clr 7, SC], Consumptive Field & Greater [Clr Y & Z, SC], Holy Star [Clr X, SC], Divine Power [Clr 4, PHB], Righteous Might [Clr 5, PHB], Divine Favor [Clr 1, PHB], Recitation [Clr 3, SC], Divine Agility [Clr 5, SC], Owl's Insight [Drd 5, SC], Surge of Fortune [Clr 5, CC], Righteous Wrath of the Faithful [Clr 5, SC], Mass Conviction [Clr 3, SC] and yeah.

And few spells to keep oneself safe: Death Ward & Mass [Clr 4 & 8, PHB], Spell Immunity & Greater [Clr 4 & 8, PHB] and Freedom of Movement [Clr 4]

The buffs & keeping oneself safe is pretty close to the non-Wizard spells I'd keep persisted/constantly online through other means on myself when going for basic protections. I guess I'd have to have Delay Death [Clr 4] & Boar's Ferocity [Drd 1] too though.

Eh, isn't this basically just a construction of an Archivist spell list?

EDIT: Oh yeah, I'd obviously have Spell Resistance too. SR 40 at least delays opponents enough for them to cast Assay Resistance.

Aron Times
2009-08-10, 08:41 PM
In before Mindrape. :smallbiggrin:

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-08-10, 10:21 PM
Arcane Spellsurge is necessary.

xPANCAKEx
2009-08-10, 10:26 PM
isn't magic missle just dandy

Olo Demonsbane
2009-08-10, 11:12 PM
Is this a trick question? Because I would think the answer would be...all of them. Every single freakin one.

I love spellcasters.

bosssmiley
2009-08-11, 08:20 AM
defenestrating sphere

Bigby is still kicking himself he didn't think of it! :smallamused: