PDA

View Full Version : Silver Dragon help

Trodon
2009-08-10, 09:02 PM
So yeah I am hoping to play in a level 15 game as a silver dragon, 11HD +4 La what feats, skills and such should I get?

Woodsman
2009-08-10, 09:06 PM
Technically, it'd have to be 16th-level, given the fact you need a character level.

Look in Draconomicon, if you can find it. The metabreath and monstrous feats in there are really quite useful.

Saph
2009-08-10, 09:07 PM
Ouch. 11 HD with +4 LA? That makes you only 1 HD above Very Young. That's only a CR 5 monster.

Well, making the best of what you've got . . . Multiattack and Improved Multiattack should probably be on the top of your to-get list, as well as Power Attack and Flyby Attack. Normally I'd say to get Practised Spellcaster, but a Very Young silver doesn't have spellcasting. And metabreath feats won't be much use, since your breath weapon only does 4d8, which anything of CR 15 and up is going to shrug off.

For skills, Silvers get Bluff and Disguise, so I'd go for those, along with Diplomacy, and try for a party face role. With Alternate Form you'll be pretty good at disguising yourself, at least.

- Saph

Trodon
2009-08-10, 09:09 PM
Technically, it'd have to be 16th-level, given the fact you need a character level.

Look in Draconomicon, if you can find it. The metabreath and monstrous feats in there are really quite useful.

true so 10HD and a +4 la. and a fighter level I think oh btw I am going to be disguised for a while using Alternate Form.

dspeyer
2009-08-10, 09:27 PM
You get a nice breath weapon -- cone of paralysis -- you might want some feats to improve it (rapid breath, ability focus).

You should also probably swap that last racial hit die for a class level. Dragon HD aren't that bad, but if they're not contributing to age categories there are better dips. Warblade is probably a good choice.

Trodon
2009-08-10, 09:29 PM
I forgot about the cone of paralysis and I want as much dragon and as least class as possible.

PinkysBrain
2009-08-10, 09:55 PM
Get UMD as a class skill so you can at least convert wealth into power ... you hit like a wet rag, with or without that fighter level ;) Scintillating Scales is a also nice spell to have with 12 NA. Also lets you use scrolls of metabreath spells ... I'd take a level of rogue or artificer, also lets you get some useful skills.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2009-08-11, 12:24 AM
It doesn't say anywhere that you must have a class level. Racial HD add to your character level just like class levels do, so you can have nothing but dragon HD and LA toward your ECL.

If you have access to the Dragonlance Campaign Setting, you should consider the feats Flyby Breath and Strafing Breath.

Lycanthromancer
2009-08-11, 12:33 AM
Check out Races of the Dragon and Dragon Magic; then grab the Entangling Exhalation feat. If you take some levels in dragonfire adept, you can get a few different variations on your breath weapon (and can fire it off each round, while waiting for your stronger breath weapon to recharge), and grab a few useful invocations while you're at it.

PinkysBrain
2009-08-11, 01:05 AM
It doesn't say anywhere that you must have a class level. Racial HD add to your character level just like class levels do, so you can have nothing but dragon HD and LA toward your ECL.
It does open up a vastly improved skill list.

On the second thought, it's not needed for using wands/staves since his dragon "class" can cast all sor/wiz/cleric spells (doesn't matter that he doesn't actually have a caster level yet).

Aken0008
2009-08-11, 11:43 AM
Cannot take levels in dragonfire adept, because he is a dragon.

By the way, how do you do the quotes?