PDA

View Full Version : This character. What would he be?

woodenbandman
2009-08-10, 11:23 PM
I vowed long ago to play a character based on Peter Frampton, or more specifically, his talkbox. So I thinks to myself: "self? what character is appropriate for peter frampton's talkbox? A Buomman? What the heck? are you high? That's a totally stupid idea!"

Eventually I convinced myself that it was awesome, and here I am, rolling up the character in preparation for a future game. So here is some things that you need to know:

What a talkbox is. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Oi954gl_18&feature=related)

A few things about the character now:

The character is a bard.

I may or may not get nonverbal spell as a bonus feat. I was sure there was a feat that turned your performance into the components to cast a spell. Either way, I'll probably be focused on the music and spell aspects of it. Expect something like Bard/Lyric Thau/Virtuoso/Sublime Chord.

Anything that has the flavor of souls operating outside of the body (binders, incarnum) is banned.
Tome of Battle is banned. Dunno why.
Druid is banned. Whatever, they're OP anyway.
Dragon Magic and Dragonfire Inspiration is banned (though not to be mean, for flavor of the campaign)
Words of Creation might be banned. I'll check. I'd have a hard time using them anyway.
A lot of races are banned. I think Buomman is acceptable.

Quick and dirty stub:

Bard 6/Lyric Thau 2/Virtuoso2/Sublime Chord2/Virtuoso +8

I'd like some help optimizing this. BTW this campaign will also feature 2 other characters of mine. One will probably be some form of 'hood build (with the jumping and stabbing). Probably also an archer/sniper somewhere there.

Wings of Peace
2009-08-11, 04:16 AM
Simulucrum is your best bet. Polymorph the simulacrum into some sort of square creature to be the talk box.