PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding a spell...

02youeng
2009-08-11, 06:59 AM
Righty-ho - I don't know if such a spell exsists, but I guess I might as well ask to make sure.

I'm looking for a 1st or 2nd level spell, that does damage based on caster level, that has only has 1 of either Somatic, Verbal or Material components. I.e, a spell with no Verbal or Material components, but a Somatic.

Looking for a spell that I can use with Primitive Spellcasting in a low-level campaign, to boost it's CL by at least 2

HamsterOfTheGod
2009-08-11, 08:18 AM
Righty-ho - I don't know if such a spell exsists, but I guess I might as well ask to make sure.

I'm looking for a 1st or 2nd level spell, that does damage based on caster level, that has only has 1 of either Somatic, Verbal or Material components. I.e, a spell with no Verbal or Material components, but a Somatic.

Looking for a spell that I can use with Primitive Spellcasting in a low-level campaign, to boost it's CL by at least 2

Try searching here http://www.imarvintpa.com/DnDLive/FindSpell.php

Off hand though, you probly should look up Power Word: Pain. Level 1. Verbal only. Scales all too well with caster level.

02youeng
2009-08-11, 09:16 AM
Power Word Pain is banned in this game, which is a pity...however, Whispercast looks perfect...cast spell without Material or Somatic Components - which I could then add back in. Thankee muchly

HamsterOfTheGod
2009-08-11, 10:06 AM
I'm not familiar with Primitive Spellcaster but a google search shows that feat allows to increase the spell DC by 1 for each components you add to a spell.

Then it seems you should look at second level spells like Blindness or Baleful Transposition both of which have only verbal components.

Or you should definitely take Eschew Materials or Silent or Still Spell...er assuming the Whispercast trick passes the DM test.

02youeng
2009-08-11, 10:10 AM
Primitive Spellcaster adds +1 CL per component you add, but it also makes the spell trickier to cast - adding a vocal component reduces the listen DC to hear, somatic components need both hands free, and adding a material component requires a herb found in the Frostfell [DC 15 profession something check]

Edit: Ah, it's Primitive Caster, not Spellcaster