PDA

View Full Version : Seekers of the ashen crown: it needs more pulp!

YPU
2009-08-11, 08:50 AM
I have started running the eberron seekers of the ashen crown adventure for my group. And to be honest I’m rather disappointed by it right now. The whole part that takes the player from lvl2 to 3 is a dungeon crawl, an interesting one, true, but not all that flashy.

What my players and me as well enjoyed about eberron in 3.5 was crashing airships, battles on riding lightening rails, chasing orient coaches by boat. Fighting water devils while riding a submarine. Crawling trough temples that sour into the sky and kicking people out and over the edge. The same goes for fighting on the bridges of sharn. And simply put the first part totally lacks that, and from what I can see only the final big encounter on the airship has this feel.

Honestly I feel a bit conned, I was expecting an adventure much like the old eberron ones, the new one does not deliver. Good thing about it tough is the whole multi group scheming and plotting feeling of it all.

So I am hoping that together with your creative minds I could fit in some small but interesting encounters throughout the adventure. They could be combat, the could simply by descriptions of travel they could be skill challenges (my players like these, a lot)

So any suggestions to start with? Im assuming some other people know the adventure else I will write up a short walkthrough.