PDA

View Full Version : FEAR THE LEGIONS OF...good?[4e]

DragonBaneDM
2009-08-11, 11:34 PM
Running Villains Campaign soon, so I've been putting a lot of ideas up here lately.

In my world, my PCs will be taking on four different institutions.

The Holy Litorian Empire, which has united all of the core races into one peaceful, harmonious nation.

The Holy Church of Litoria, did the same thing with all of the "acceptable" deities into a big old pantheon.

The Green Coven, defenders of the natural places of the world. Yay hippies.

And finally The Inverted Pyramid, a powerful Mage's Guild that sees Sorcerers as freaks, Bards as a joke, and Warlocks as scary.

Now, these are the main advesaries of my PCs. So, that brings up the question. Each faction has they're own literal army. And each army is comprised of several different types of units.

This is from Paragon up, by the way. If you have any thoughts on what kind of warriors each faction should have, lemmee know. Thanks. :smallbiggrin:

Mando Knight
2009-08-11, 11:47 PM
The Holy Litorian Empire, which has united all of the core races into one peaceful, harmonious nation.
Dragonborn and Dwarf frontliners, Eladrin and Tiefling spellcasters, Elf rangers, Human just-about-everythings, Halfling Rogues.

The Holy Church of Litoria, did the same thing with all of the "acceptable" deities into a big old pantheon.
Bahamut and Kord are the big guys for war-type good-guy deities. (With Bahamut being the only one of the two who's actually good) As such, Wyvern-riding knights, Metallic Dragons (MM2), Angels, Clerics, Paladins, Avengers, and Invokers should make up most of the armies.

The Green Coven, defenders of the natural places of the world. Yay hippies.
Most anything from the Feywild will work here. Dryads, Eladrin, Elves, anything with a Primal power source... maybe even throw in a few elementals.

And finally The Inverted Pyramid, a powerful Mage's Guild that sees Sorcerers as freaks, Bards as a joke, and Warlocks as scary.Eladrin and Metallic Dragons, especially Golds. Add in extraplanar creatures like elementals. Use Swordmages and summoned creatures for the defensive-type characters.

DragonBaneDM
2009-08-11, 11:50 PM
Here's some ideas I have thus far:

Empire

Wyvern Riders, Phalanx, Royal Gurds, Infiltrators, Snipers, and Commanders\

Church

Knights, Priests, Bishops, Archbishops, Invokers, and Crusaders

Coven

Initiates, Beastmasters, Wardens, and Beserkers.

Guild

Initiates, War Mages, Devil Masters, Abyssal Adepts, Archmages, and Swordmages.

Any other ideas?