PDA

View Full Version : An E6 Question

Nostri
2009-08-12, 11:08 AM
I'm going to be starting an E6 game soon and I want to take the stance on material that "if it exists you can use it." There will be a few caveats obviously, anything too odd will have to be passed by me first and if you manage to break the game I reserve the right as DM to tell you that it doesn't work.

Anyway what the question is, is this- are there any classes that don't work well with E6? Either rules wise or thematically. I'm already planning on a couple feats for Favored Souls to let them get their wings and possibly the Dragon Shaman to let them get theirs (along with some of their other draconic abilities). But has anyone run into any classes that flat out don't work as written?

LibraryOgre
2009-08-12, 11:43 AM
I can't think of anything off the top of my head; in E6, some fighty PrCs even work as base classes (like the Duelist). However, I will suggest you take a look at Races of Faerun; it has some race-specific feats to allow wings on planetouched, which might be what you're looking for.

Kemper Boyd
2009-08-12, 12:01 PM
I adjusted spell progression for paladins and known spells for sorcerers, since they sorta get shafted and giving them a modest power increase doesn't hurt.

Mike_G
2009-08-12, 12:18 PM
I adjusted spell progression for paladins and known spells for sorcerers, since they sorta get shafted and giving them a modest power increase doesn't hurt.

Well, when they get the extra feats after 6th level, Sorcerers can always take Extra Spell to give them some depth of 3rd level spells.

I've never been a fan of Paladin or Ranger spellcasting, so it doesn't bother me.

Yora
2009-08-12, 01:18 PM
I'm designing an E10ish setting and removed spellcasting for rangers entirely and went with the suggestion to give a bonus feat at 4th and 8th level. Would work for paladins too.

Kemper Boyd
2009-08-12, 01:59 PM
I'm designing an E10ish setting and removed spellcasting for rangers entirely and went with the suggestion to give a bonus feat at 4th and 8th level. Would work for paladins too.

It would work, but since my group doesn't have a cleric, I wanted the paladin to be a little better at healing.

LibraryOgre
2009-08-12, 03:01 PM
It would work, but since my group doesn't have a cleric, I wanted the paladin to be a little better at healing.

How about at 4th and 8th level, you increase the multiplier they get? Instead of level * Charisma bonus, how about level * (Charisma bonus + 1), then level * (Charisma bonus +2). Put it as an increase for all Paladin powers based on Charisma, meaning a Paladin can pump another stat.

snoopy13a
2009-08-12, 03:05 PM
When I see "E6" I think of Derek Jeter :smallbiggrin: