PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder] Bard/Dragon Disciple

LibraryOgre
2009-08-12, 11:36 AM
So, I'm making a "fighty" bard (to replace my slain druid), and am thinking about going into Dragon Disciple. Given that he gets the abilities of a sorcerer's Draconic bloodline equal to his DD level, does he get the bonus spells for a draconic bloodline added to his Bard's Spells Known?

Cedrass
2009-08-12, 12:21 PM
I'd rule he does. Here's how both entries go.

Dragon Blood
Blood of Dragons: A dragon disciple adds his level to his sorcerer levels when determining the powers gained from his bloodline. If the dragon disciple does not have levels of sorcerer, he instead gains bloodline powers of the draconic bloodline, using his dragon disciple level to determine the bonuses gained. He must choose a dragon type upon gaining his first level in this class and that type must be the same as his sorcerer type. This ability does not grant bonus spells to a sorcerer unless he possesses spell slots of an appropriate level. Lost bonus spells are automatically granted if the sorcerer gains spell slots of the spell’s level.

Bloodlines:
Bloodlines: Each sorcerer has a source of magic somewhere in her heritage that grants her spells, bonus feats, an additional class skill, and other special abilities. This source can represent a blood relation or an extreme event involving a creature somewhere in the family’s past. For example, a sorcerer might have a dragon as a distant relative or her grandfather might have signed a terrible contract with a devil. Regardless of the source, this influence manifests in a number of ways as the sorcerer gains levels. A sorcerer must pick one bloodline upon taking her first level of sorcerer. Once made, this choice cannot be changed.
At 3rd level, and every two levels thereafter, a sorcerer learns an additional spell, derived from her bloodline. These spells are in addition to the sorcerer’s list of spells known. These spells cannot be exchanged for different spells at higher levels (although variations might exist, with GM permission).
At 7th level, and every six levels thereafter, a sorcerer receives one bonus feat, chosen from a list specific to each bloodline. The sorcerer must meet the prerequisites for these bonus feats.

Since the Dragon Disciple's entry says to consider your DD's level for sorcerer levels, yes I'd allow you add those spells to your spell list.

Cieyrin
2009-08-12, 01:09 PM
Blood of Dragons says non-sorcerers get the Bloodline Powers using their Dragon Disciple levels, which doesn't include the bonus feats, spells or class skill, so I assume that you don't get the bonus spells onto your Bard spell list. The only things you get are the Claws, Resistance and Breath Weapon, if I'm reading it correctly.

Cedrass
2009-08-12, 01:51 PM
Oops, my fault. Cieyrin is right. Although if one of my players asked, I'd still allow him. The PrC stops at level 10 so the abilities gained aren't that strong anyways.