PDA

View Full Version : Night of the Straw Men

Robek
2009-08-13, 12:15 AM
Just after sunrise, you enter the hamlet of Steeplefall. You pass houses on either side of the road before entering the town square. A raised wooden platform has been erected near the western edge of the square, and two stout chairs rest upon it. It currently serves as a stage for a lute-strumming minstrel and an impromptu dance floor for a handful of young locals.

In the center of the square, some older villagers are slowly building up a great pile of wood, apparently for a bonfire. Jugglers and other entertainers pass through the area, performing for a few copper pieces the crowd tosses their way.

To the east is a large two story building. A wooden sign proclaims this place to be Olivar's Inn and promises "Good food and warm beds".

To the north is a large stone building, with the holy symbol of Ehlonna on the doors.

Blaine.Bush
2009-08-13, 12:23 AM
A young-looking male, apparently human, enters the town square. He pauses before glancing around, taking in the bustle of the small hamlet. He notices the older villagers creating a large pile of wood, and decides to offer his help. The man strides over to the oldest of the working villagers. "Excuse me, sir?" he says, placing a hand on the old man's shoulder. "Would you like some help with the bonfire?"

Robek
2009-08-13, 12:31 AM
"Just because I'm old doesn't mean I'm weak." he says with a wink. "But if you want to help someone Yanov Letru, the village priest and organizer of this festival looks troubled."

He points towards the entrance of the bar and says "I saw him enter Olivar's no more than five minutes ago."

Blaine.Bush
2009-08-13, 12:36 AM
"Ah, I did not mean any offense, sir. I'll see if I can do anything to aid Yanov." The young man steps backwards away from the old villager, and with a wave farewell turns towards the inn. He walks briskly toward it and pushes open the door, glancing around.

Robek
2009-08-13, 12:43 AM
After opening the door, a distressed young man rushes up to you. "You look like an adventurer, am I correct? I am Yanov Letru, and I ask that you please see me tommorow morning in front of the church. But for now I am very busy and must be on my way." he says, before rushing away.

Before you can reply, he is gone, but you can hear him yell from a distance "Enjoy the festival!"

Blaine.Bush
2009-08-13, 12:53 AM
"...Strange" the young man mutters as he watches Yanov rush off. He follows Yanov out of the inn before heading toward the dancing area.

Robek
2009-08-13, 01:07 AM
You see a hand reach for your coin pouch.

Blaine.Bush
2009-08-13, 01:12 AM
Kalak takes a quick step backward, looking at the perpetrator and clenching his fists.

Robek
2009-08-13, 01:17 AM
You see a young halfling boy, dressed in tattered clothes pull his hand back. He runs five feet, then faces you again, and draws a knife.

Blaine.Bush
2009-08-13, 01:21 AM
"What are you doing, boy? Don't be foolish!" Kalak, aware that this might result in a fight, unleashes a burst of psionic energy, empowering himself.

Vigor (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/vigor.htm) 5 Power Points left.

Robek
2009-08-13, 01:26 AM
The boy begins crying, then drops his knife and runs.

Blaine.Bush
2009-08-13, 01:31 AM
Kalak picks up the the knife and chases after the young halfling. "Stop, boy!"

Robek
2009-08-13, 01:36 AM
The boy enters a narrow alley, darts right, then left, and you eventually lose him. You find yourself near the church, but now there is a colorful tent in front of it, covered in beads. A hand-painted sign reads "Ednea: Mistress of Mysteries & Fortuneteller Extraordinaire". A clawed hand motions for you to enter.

Blaine.Bush
2009-08-13, 01:39 AM
Kalak stows the knife in his bag, and looks around before slowly entering the tent.

Robek
2009-08-13, 01:43 AM
A kenku woman, wrapped in robes, sits at a table, behind a crystal ball. "Bad omens plague those of greatest importance. Both danger and rewards await you at dusk, but only if you are willing. Seek out those who need your help most, or this village will soon crumble." she screeches.

Blaine.Bush
2009-08-13, 01:45 AM
Kalak looks at the crow-like creature strangely. "Who are you? Who is it that needs my help?"

Robek
2009-08-13, 01:51 AM
"I am Ednea, and you shall know soon enough who needs your help. But know this, they will need your help. Now, I have other clients waiting to see me, so if you would be so kind as to show yourself out."

Blaine.Bush
2009-08-13, 01:54 AM
Kalak stares at the small creature for a moment longer before stepping backwards out of the tent. He heads into the church, searching for Yanov.

Robek
2009-08-13, 01:56 AM
You approach the large wooden doors of the church. You attempt to open them, but they are locked.

Blaine.Bush
2009-08-13, 01:58 AM
Kalak turns toward the center of the plaza, discouraged. He decides to ask the nearest villager of the reason for the festival.

Robek
2009-08-13, 02:03 AM
Nice to see strangers these days, and you couldn't have come at a better time! This festival has been around for as long as anyone can remember. Do you have a straw man yet? You can have one of mine if you don't! All day, you must profess the sins you have commited, and then throw the straw man into the bonfire! It's kinda like starting fresh I suppose. After that, you can talk to the priest or mayor to talk about any concerns or questions you have! But while your waiting, you ought to visit my nephew, he's running an archery range right over there.

Blaine.Bush
2009-08-13, 10:30 AM
"Thank you very much, sir. I'll come back for a straw man later, I suppose" Kalak tells the stranger. He then walks toward the archery range the man mentioned, muttering to himself "I wish I knew what that old crow was babbling on about... I truly hope no one is hurt."

Robek
2009-08-13, 12:16 PM
The archery range is just a wall with a piece of wood painted to be a target on it. Sitting on the ground near it is a man smoking a pipe. In his other hand is a bow, and on his back is a quiver full of arrows.

Blaine.Bush
2009-08-13, 12:18 PM
Kalak waves at the man. "Greetings, sir. I am called Kalak. Mind if I have a try with your bow?"

Robek
2009-08-13, 12:25 PM
"It'll be five copper. You get ten copper pieces for hitting the target anywhere, or a masterwork bow if you can hit the bullseye. Any questions?" he says.

Blaine.Bush
2009-08-13, 12:27 PM
"No, that sounds fine." Kalak glances quickly around, reaching for the bag at his side and pulling out a few copper pieces. He hands them to the man, and reaches for the bow.

Robek
2009-08-13, 12:28 PM
He hands you an arrow from his quiver and says "You'll only have one chance, so dont miss."

Blaine.Bush
2009-08-13, 12:33 PM
Kalak removes the bag from his side and the weapons from his back, placing them to his left before accepting the arrow. Kalak nocks the projectile and slowly pulls back the bow string. Keeping a steady eye on the target, he lets loose the arrow.

Attack roll for the target: [roll0]

Robek
2009-08-13, 12:38 PM
BAZZZING! The arrow hits the target right on the bullseye. The man says "Well then kid, you get to keep the bow. Here's the quiver to go with it. Take good care of it, eh?" He hands you the quiver from his back, and begins smoking his pipe again.

Blaine.Bush
2009-08-13, 12:42 PM
"Many thanks, sir. I'll take good care of it." Kalak retrieves his possessions, replacing them upon his body. He straps the quiver to his back, and carries the bow in his left hand. Kalak leaves the target area and decides to look for a shop that he might be able to pawn his now obsolete crossbow at.

Robek
2009-08-13, 12:45 PM
You see a small booth on the edge of the square. The merchant of the stall hands the other man a hat. Pleased, the other man hands the merchant a few silver coins. The merchant then pulls out his small straw man, and mumbles something to it. He beings to grin when he sees you.

Blaine.Bush
2009-08-13, 12:48 PM
Kalak walks over to the stall. "Greetings, sir, my name is Kalak. Do you purchase used goods?" he says to the merchant, while stowing the masterwork bow and retrieving the crossbow from his side.

Robek
2009-08-13, 12:52 PM
"Why yes, of course, of course! Now let me see that!" He pulls the crossbow from out of your hand, and begins to inspect it. "Well, it seems slightly damaged" he says to himself. "How is 2 gold pieces?"

Blaine.Bush
2009-08-13, 12:55 PM
"Hah! I'm afraid you'll have to go quite a bit higher than that, sir. That crossbow is worth 40 gold pieces, at the least. It may be slightly worn, but surely you've noticed the fine craftsmanship and superior firing mechanism..." Kalak points out these non-existent details, hoping to get a better price out of the buyer.

Robek
2009-08-13, 12:58 PM
"Do you take me for a fool? Look the jack-springs are all dented and the recabralor needs tuning!"

Blaine.Bush
2009-08-13, 01:01 PM
"You are a fool! This weapon is in perfect condition, and if you can't see that, perhaps I should take my business elsewhere."

Robek
2009-08-13, 01:03 PM
"Ah, but then... then," he hesitates. "then you will miss out on the store discount! It's famous around the map! So how about it then, ten gold, my final offer!"

Blaine.Bush
2009-08-13, 01:05 PM
Kalak sighs. "Very well. I shall accept your offer." He pushes the crossbow closer to the merchant. "But if you want the bolts, you'll have to pay extra."

Robek
2009-08-13, 01:10 PM
"I won't be taken for a fool again. It's time for me to pack up and move on anyways, the people of this town are so rude!" he says, mostly to himself.

A bell rings in the background. You hear a familiar voice call out "Time for the festival to begin!"

The bonfire bursts into flames, and people begin to crowd around it, throwing their straw men in. Everyone leaves their homes, and the square becomes packed. The merchant pushes you away and begins scurrying towards the flames.

Blaine.Bush
2009-08-13, 01:14 PM
Kalak sighs. "I thought it was a rather good deal, on his part..." He looks toward the bonfire, having heard what he thinks is Yanov's voice. Kalak walks in the general direction of the bonfire, searching the sea of faces for the festival's organizer.

Robek
2009-08-13, 01:17 PM
You see Yanov Letru sitting atop the platform on the western edge. Sitting next to him is another man. A line has formed to go upon the platform, where the villagers can talk to the priest or the other man.

Blaine.Bush
2009-08-13, 01:19 PM
Kalak heads to the back of the line, believing that the two men may be the people of importance the mystic he encountered had mentioned.

Robek
2009-08-13, 01:22 PM
A screams ring out from the crowd. People begin running away and back into their homes. Judged solely by its shabby clothes and herky-jerky gait, the party-crasher might be mistaken for the village drunk, but the causer of this ruckus has a carved pumpkin atop its shoulders! Inside the orange gourd, a mystical flame dances madly.

Pointing to the priest on the platform, the living scarecrow shrieks, “The bigger the sin, the bigger the straw man! I am your straw man, priest—living testament to the number and gravity of your sins!” The creature approaches the platform unchallenged while the mayor leaps off the side and runs for his life.

Blaine.Bush
2009-08-13, 01:25 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

Robek
2009-08-13, 01:28 PM
You go first!

Blaine.Bush
2009-08-13, 01:34 PM
Kalak, sensing the danger that the priest is in, channels tremendous amounts of psionic energy through his body. He is both mentally empowered and physically harmed by the surge, but his next attack will be all the more potent. "You will not harm him, foul abomination!" Kalak probes the mind of the living scarecrow, viciously attacking it's consciousness.

Overchanneled Mind Thrust: Costs 2 power points, does [roll0] damage to the straw man, and [roll1] damage to me. Will save DC is 16.

Robek
2009-08-13, 01:40 PM
The scarecrow grabs his forehead and lets out a terrible scream. He begins staring deeply at the priest.

The priest cowers on the floor. The scarecrow then moves up onto the platform to finish his kill.

Blaine.Bush
2009-08-13, 01:44 PM
Kalak, in a last ditch effort to save the priest, pulls the bow from his back and nocks an arrow. He brings the arrow to level with the scarecrow and lets it fly.

Move action to draw bow, free action to load, standard action to attack. [roll0] [roll1]

Robek
2009-08-13, 01:47 PM
The arrow flies past the scarecrow into the building behind the platform. The scarecrow attempts to claw at the priest, but hits the platform instead. The priest continues to cower in fear.

Blaine.Bush
2009-08-13, 01:50 PM
Kalak runs to within 15 feet of the scarecrow, and nocks another arrow in the already drawn longbow. More steadily this time, he aims the weapon and looses the arrow.

Move action to move, free action to load, standard action to attack. [roll0] [roll1]

Robek
2009-08-13, 01:55 PM
The arrow strikes the scarecrow in the back. He writhes in pain, but recovers. He turns around and stares viciously at you.

Will Save

Yanov picks himself up and attempts to strike at the scarecrow with his mace, but misses.

Blaine.Bush
2009-08-13, 01:57 PM
Will save: [roll0]

Robek
2009-08-13, 03:38 PM
You begin cowering with fear of the scarecrow. He turns back to the priest and attacks. His claw digs into the priest's neck, and he starts bleeding profusely. The priest takes a moment to say a blessing, and then backs up a step.

And now you're done cowering.

Blaine.Bush
2009-08-13, 03:45 PM
Kalak steps quickly up the stairs, onto the platform. He once again focuses his power before unleashing a sharp, painful attack on the scarecrow's mind.

[roll0] damage to the scarecrow. Will save DC 15 to negate.

Robek
2009-08-13, 03:50 PM
The scarecrow unleashes a horrible shout, that shakes the priest.

Will save from you.
The scarecrow attacks the priest, and misses.

The priest swings at the scarecrow with his mace, and hits him.

Blaine.Bush
2009-08-13, 03:51 PM
Will save: [roll0]

Blaine.Bush
2009-08-13, 03:54 PM
"Perish, creature!" Kalak shouts as he nocks another arrow. He pulls the bow up and draws the string back quickly, loosing the arrow before he has even steadied his hand.

Attack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]

Robek
2009-08-13, 03:57 PM
The scarecrow begins falling apart, but not before striking the priest with both claws. Yanov drops to the floor, covered in blood. The scarecrow tries to get away, but drops dead before he can get to the stairs.

People begin crowding around the bottom of the stage, some cheering, and some crying for the fallen priest.

Blaine.Bush
2009-08-13, 04:01 PM
Kalak rushes over to the fallen priest, checking for signs of life. "Help! Are there any healers around?!" he yells as he examines the priest. If Yanov is alive, Kalak will attempt to staunch his wounds and prevent more blood loss.

Heal check: [roll0]

Robek
2009-08-13, 05:40 PM
With his dying breath, Yanov says "Seek out my brother in Hero's Gate, he will know who did th..."

Blaine.Bush
2009-08-13, 05:51 PM
Kalak kneels beside the fallen priest, and closes the deceased's eyes. He rises and walks over to the scarecrow, examining the body as he does so.

Robek
2009-08-13, 06:22 PM
The scarecrow is now a smashed pumpkin, atop tatter clothes full of hay.

Blaine.Bush
2009-08-13, 06:25 PM
Kalak sighs deeply. He stares at the body of the priest, and then at the watching crowd. Kalak walks slowly toward the inn, opening the doors.

Robek
2009-08-13, 06:31 PM
The inn is empty, except for a single woman behind the bar. "Can I help you?" she asks, while cleaning a cup.

Blaine.Bush
2009-08-13, 06:34 PM
"I need a room."

Robek
2009-08-13, 06:36 PM
"Sure kid. So, you enjoy the festival?" she asks.

Blaine.Bush
2009-08-13, 07:04 PM
Kalak looks at the woman. "No, I did not. Yavon Letru was killed."

Robek
2009-08-13, 07:08 PM
"Oh dear! Well, just go into any room upstairs, they're all unlocked. Usually the festival goes on all night, but, oh dear. I must check on my husband, make yourself comfortable." she says, before leaving.

Blaine.Bush
2009-08-13, 07:11 PM
Kalak heads up to the room, where he removes the belongings from his body and places them upon the floor. He sits on the edge of the bed, legs crossed, and enters a deep meditative state.

Robek
2009-08-13, 07:16 PM
Nothing happens.

Blaine.Bush
2009-08-13, 07:22 PM
Still in the early hours of the morning, the young man continues to meditate.

Robek
2009-08-13, 07:29 PM
Rocks fall, everyone dies. Wagons fall, everyone dies. You wake up to a bright sun filling the room with light.

Blaine.Bush
2009-08-13, 07:33 PM
Kalak comes out of his trance and looks out the window before yawning and stretching. He retrieves his possessions from the floor and puts them back where they belong. Kalak heads downstairs, looking for someone he can ask about Hero's Gate.

Robek
2009-08-13, 07:39 PM
Downstairs, the merchant from yesterday as well as the man hosting the archery range are sitting at the bar. The same woman is behind the bar. A man is behind her, counting out silver and copper coins. The tables are empty, but there is a pile of gold coins on one of them.

Blaine.Bush
2009-08-13, 07:41 PM
Kalak approaches the man he met at the archery range the previous day. "Excuse me?" He taps the man on the shoulder. "Would you happen to know anything about Hero's Gate?"

Robek
2009-08-13, 08:10 PM
Clearly intoxicated, the man nearly falls out of his stool, but catches himself. He lies his head down on the bar and says "Back in mah daze we all didn't, so learn that lesson wells!" Then closes his eyes, and begins to fall asleep.

Blaine.Bush
2009-08-13, 08:13 PM
Kalak turns to the woman behind the bar. "Miss?" he says. "Have you heard anything about a place called Hero's Gate?"

Robek
2009-08-13, 11:50 PM
Why, just follow the Kings' Road from our square to theirs! Just watch out for bandits. I hear the Thieve's Guild has been growing more and more violent in the countryside." she says.

Blaine.Bush
2009-08-13, 11:52 PM
"Thank you very much, miss." Kalak exits the inn and heads through the town square toward the King's Road. He begins walking at a steady pace in the direction of Hero's Gate.

Robek
2009-08-16, 09:04 PM
Early out on the path to Hero's Gate, you come upon a destroyed wagon on the side of the road. Sitting next to it is a mage, dressed in the typical attire.

Blaine.Bush
2009-08-17, 01:08 AM
"Hail, mage!" Kalak yells at the robed figure. "What has happened here? Has anyone been harmed?"

Mantis66
2009-08-17, 09:26 PM
"No, no one has been harmed, but I appears that I've been robbed"

Blaine.Bush
2009-08-17, 09:29 PM
"Where are the thieves? Perhaps we can still stop them!" The tall black-haired young man said enthusiastically.

Mantis66
2009-08-17, 09:36 PM
"I'm afraid I have no idea where they went, since I have been knocked unconscious"

Blaine.Bush
2009-08-17, 09:40 PM
"That is most unfortunate..." Kalak says. "You appear to be a wizard of sorts. Perhaps you can accompany me on my quest."

Mantis66
2009-08-17, 09:43 PM
"Thank you for the offer, kind sir, but should we at least proporly introduce ourselves first"

Blaine.Bush
2009-08-17, 09:47 PM
"Ah, of course. My humble apologies." The young man bows. "My name is Kalak Zad'raer, psychic."

Mantis66
2009-08-17, 09:52 PM
the mage nods eagerly"My name is Aust Evenson, and like you assumed, I am a wizard. Shall we move along then?"

Blaine.Bush
2009-08-17, 09:58 PM
"Well met, wizard. I am on a journey to the town of Hero's Gate." He begins walking. "Yesterday morning, I arrived in the small town of Steeplefall. During a strange festival, a crazed creature attacked the hamlet's priest. I stopped the creature, but was unable to save the cleric. With his dieing breath, he told me to seek out his brother in Hero's Gate."

Mantis66
2009-08-17, 10:05 PM
The mage follows. "I see, I guess this is a good chance to put my skills to the test, to Hero's gate then"

Robek
2009-08-17, 10:09 PM
The short trip to Hero's Gate goes on without a hitch. As you approach the gate of Heroe's Gate, you notice a ruckus happening.

3 guards are surrounding an old man. One of the guards sticks out his hand, and the old man tries to back away. When he does, the guards take him by the arms and throw him into the rapid currents of the river.

Blaine.Bush
2009-08-17, 10:16 PM
Kalak, without thinking, sprints along the riverbank in the direction of the old man.

Mantis66
2009-08-17, 10:24 PM
Aust runs after Kalak, to see if he can help out.

Robek
2009-08-17, 10:27 PM
Kalak, without thinking, sprints along the riverbank in the direction of the old man.

The rapids roar in your ears as you stare down the river. The old man is no longer in sight.

Blaine.Bush
2009-08-17, 10:28 PM
In a blind effort to help the old man, Kalak continues to sprint along the banks of the raging river.

Robek
2009-08-17, 10:30 PM
In a blind effort to help the old man, Kalak continues to sprint along the banks of the raging river.

The river ends, running into the wall surrounding the city through a hole into the sewers.

Blaine.Bush
2009-08-17, 10:32 PM
In an effort to save the old man, Kalak jumps into the sewer.

Robek
2009-08-17, 10:37 PM
In an effort to save the old man, Kalak jumps into the sewer.

Darkness completely envelops the inside of the sewer. The water is much slower now, and only waist high.

Mantis66
2009-08-17, 10:38 PM
Aust decides that someone of his class shouldn't be diving through sewers, so he decides to go through a nearby gate.

Blaine.Bush
2009-08-17, 10:40 PM
Kalak retrieves a torch, flint, and steel from his pack. He lights it and puts the flint and steel back. Holding the torch high, he looks around and continues forward.

Robek
2009-08-17, 10:40 PM
Aust decides that someone of his class shouldn't be diving through sewers, so decides to go through a nearby gate.

You go back to the gate where the guards stood. Upon reaching the gate, the three guards surround you. "That'll be one gold for the city trade tax, and a gold for each of us!" they say.

Mantis66
2009-08-17, 10:45 PM
"Alright gentlemen, I'll see what I have." Aust reaches into his pocket and hopes that his recent mugging left him enought gold to spare.

Robek
2009-08-17, 11:48 PM
"Alright gentlemen, I'll see what I have." Aust reaches into his pocket and hopes that his recent mugging left him enought gold to spare.

In your pocket, you find only three copper pieces.

Robek
2009-08-17, 11:49 PM
Kalak retrieves a torch, flint, and steel from his pack. He lights it and puts the flint and steel back. Holding the torch high, he looks around and continues forward.

You come across a ladder, going up into the street. The sewers continue past the ladder. In the distant sewers, you can see a small flickering light.

Blaine.Bush
2009-08-17, 11:50 PM
Kalak continues toward the light, keeping his torch held in front of himself.

Mantis66
2009-08-17, 11:53 PM
"Sorry, I appear to be a little short on change, do you mind if I came back another time?"

Robek
2009-08-17, 11:53 PM
Kalak continues toward the light, keeping his torch held in front of himself.

You come upon a small campfire. Blood is stained on the floor and the walls. It smells of rotting flesh. In the corner you can see rats hunched over something. It is the corpse of the old man that you saw pushed into the river. The sewer now falls about 5 feet down, then continues on.

Robek
2009-08-17, 11:55 PM
"Sorry, I appear to be a little short on change, do you mind if I came back another time?"

"Hrmph" they grunt. "Just get outta' here!"

Blaine.Bush
2009-08-17, 11:56 PM
Kalak shoos the rats away and picks up the old man's body. He begins to head back to the ladder, hoping that he can find a temple with a priest who can properly bless and bury the corpse.

Mantis66
2009-08-18, 12:00 AM
Aust decides that he would rather take his chances with a germ infested sewer than than break his polite stature taking on the three men, he goes into the sewer.

Robek
2009-08-18, 12:01 AM
Darkness completely envelops the inside of the sewer. The water is much slower now, and only waist high.

Not much too add, I figure you go all the way down?

Mantis66
2009-08-18, 12:08 AM
Aust pulls out a torch and casts a light spell on it, to make the torch shine....like a torch. He goes all the way down.

Robek
2009-08-18, 12:11 AM
Kalak shoos the rats away and picks up the old man's body. He begins to head back to the ladder, hoping that he can find a temple with a priest who can properly bless and bury the corpse.

You climb out of the sewers, with the corpse by your side. As it turns out, Hero's Gate isn't much of a town. Its one paved road in a straight line from gate to gate, surrounded by a wall. The only building in the "town" is a large manor, with a wooden sign adorning the front. It reads "Hero's Gate Union". The road is empty, except for a group of men on the porch of the manor playing a game of cards.

Robek
2009-08-18, 12:12 AM
Aust pulls out a torch and casts a light spell on it, to make the torch shine....like a torch. He goes all the way down.

Just like Blaine, you come across a ladder, but the sewers continue past it.

Blaine.Bush
2009-08-18, 12:14 AM
Kalak, with the old man in his arms, walks up to the men playing cards. He asks, with a look of sorrow on his face, "Where is the nearest priest?"

Mantis66
2009-08-18, 12:14 AM
Aust, being less than curious about the depths of the sewer, decides to climb the ladder to get out as quickly as possible.

Robek
2009-08-18, 12:17 AM
Kalak, with the old man in his arms, walks up to the men playing cards. He asks, with a look of sorrow on his face, "Where is the nearest priest?"

"Pfft, you'll have to go back to Steepletown, or whatever that holes called, for one. Nice work on that old man though! Hope you got alot of coin!" they say. "In fact, maybe you ought to give us some!" The four of them stand up and walk towards you.

Robek
2009-08-18, 12:18 AM
Aust, being less than curious about the depths of the sewer, decides to climb the ladder to get out as quickly as possible.

You also come out into the road, and see Kalak talking to the men on the porch.

Blaine.Bush
2009-08-18, 12:22 AM
Kalak tightens his grip on the old man, and stands his ground.

Initiative: [roll0]

Mantis66
2009-08-18, 12:23 AM
Aust walks over to Kalak.
"Hello again, Kalak. Sorry about deserting you back there, for a moment, I actually thought the gaurds would be resonable."

Mantis66
2009-08-18, 12:26 AM
initiative [roll0]

Robek
2009-08-18, 12:33 AM
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc15/foucek/map.jpg
Init order is:
Nate,Bad Guy 1, Blaine, Rest of em.

Mantis66
2009-08-18, 12:47 AM
Aust decides to cast on the defensive. consentration check [roll0]

Mantis66
2009-08-18, 12:50 AM
Aust decides to cast on the defensive. concentration check [roll0]

Robek
2009-08-18, 12:53 AM
Both of the generic mugger types are covered in wonderful, magical colors! They fall to the ground, unconcious.

Mantis66
2009-08-18, 06:52 PM
Aust moves into position for the remaining muggers. MOVE TO B4

Robek
2009-08-18, 06:54 PM
Mugger 1 moves past Mugger 2 and into square C4. He stabs at Aust with a rusty dagger, narrowly missing.

Blaine.Bush
2009-08-18, 06:57 PM
Kalak takes a quick step back, before using the power of his mind to shield both him and the old man's body.

5-foot step to D-3, cast Force Screen for +4 shield bonus to AC

Robek
2009-08-18, 07:01 PM
Mugger 2 pulls the crossbow off his back, and fires at Kalak. The bolt bounces off Kalak's Force Screen.

Mantis66
2009-08-18, 07:08 PM
Aust takes a quick step away from Mugger 1, and then, with a quick flick of his wrist, fires a bolt a magic at him.5 foot step to A-4
cast magic missle, damage [roll0]

Robek
2009-08-18, 07:12 PM
Mugger 1 staggers back from the pain from the missle. He quickly recovers, however, takes a step up to Aust, and stabs him with his dagger, dealing 3 damage.

Blaine.Bush
2009-08-18, 07:16 PM
Kalak steps back again, and a surge of psionic energy flows through him, strengthening his body.

5-foot step to D-4, Vigor to gain 10 THP