PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] LA0 Goatfolk (Ibixian)

Skeppio
2009-08-13, 06:34 AM
I recently decided I wanted to play as a Goatfolk Druid. However, since the campaign is a 1st level adventure, the Goatfolk won't work as is. Hence, I've reworked the Goatfolk's racial stats a bit. Would the following make an acceptable LA0 character?

Goatfolk (Ibixian) Monstrous Humanoid

+2 STR, +2 CON, -2 INT, -2 WIS
Medium Size
Base Speed: 30ft
Darkvision 60ft
+2 on Intimidate checks
Natural Weapon: Headbutt (1d6)
Pack Fervor - When an Ibixian is within 30ft of another Ibixian on the same team as the player, the player gets a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and damage rolls. It also gains a +1 morale bonus on saving throws against fear effects.
Favoured Class: Barbarian

Yora
2009-08-13, 08:06 AM
This looks very strong for melee characters.

But as druids really suffer a lot from Wis penalties and don't get too much a benefit from strength, I guess I would allow it as a gm for a 1st level druid.

Rowsen
2009-08-13, 05:57 PM
I'd allow it. Melee needs all the help it can get :smallbiggrin:

Skeppio
2009-08-13, 06:01 PM
I've lowered the morale bonuses from Pack Fervor, lowered the bonus to Intimidate checks and removed Greataxe Proficiency. Would that balance the Ibixian out much?

HamsterOfTheGod
2009-08-13, 09:21 PM
I've lowered the morale bonuses from Pack Fervor, lowered the bonus to Intimidate checks and removed Greataxe Proficiency. Would that balance the Ibixian out much?

It's not exactly balanced. And for druid, wis is not that important in certain builds/variants. But it's like what at best an LA +1? You're not that getting that much.

Say it's LA+0 and have fun with it.

Skeppio
2009-08-13, 10:45 PM
It's not exactly balanced. And for druid, wis is not that important in certain builds/variants. But it's like what at best an LA +1? You're not that getting that much.

Say it's LA+0 and have fun with it.

Thanks for the tip. :)