PDA

View Full Version : MM, build help

Arakune
2009-08-13, 09:13 AM
Prototype

Str 26 (+8) Dex 20 (+5) Con 26 (+8) Int 10 Wis 10 Cha 10 (42pp)

Attack (Base/Meele/Ranged/Grapple): +0/+10/+0/+21
Defense (Base/Normal/Flat-footed): +0/+10/+0

Saves: Toughness +8; Fort +0 (+8); Ref +0 (+5); Will +7; (7pp)

Feats: Attack Focus (Meele) 10, Dodge focus 10, All-out-attack, Power Attack, Improved grab, Improved Grapple, Improved Pin, Chockehold , Grapple Finesse, Eidetic Memory, Improved Initiative 4, Move by action, Fearless (34pp)

Skill: Notice 12 (3pp)

Powers:

Powerful Body:

####Super-strenght 3 (6pp)
####Leaping 2 (x5 jump, 900/450/225ft) (2pp)
####Super-Movement: Slow fall, Wall-crawling (4pp)
####Speed 2 (25mph, 220ft) (2pp)

Consume:
####Tranfer(Any one trait->Any one trait (4); Slow fade x6 (1 hour); Extras:linked +0; Flaws: Distracting , Limited: Target required to be grappled -1) 10 (28pp)
####Corrosion(Extras: linked +0; Flaws: Limited: Only living creatures -1) 10 (10pp)

Consume memories:
####Super-sense: Postcognition (Flaw: only memories of creatures he consumed) (2pp)

Shapechange:
####Morph (People) (Flaws: Limited only to people he consumed): 6 (+30 disguise check) (6pp)

Regeneration:
####Regeneration (Bruised 1/Injured 4/Staggeder 4/Disabled 1, Regrowth, Persistent; Flaw: Source (Consumed people)-1) (6pp)

Abilities 42 + Skills 3 (12 ranks) + Feats 34 + Powers 64 + Combat 0 + Saves 7 = 150

----
I need to work out the balance issues. Yes, transfer/drain/boost line is powerful, I know. The GM was ok with taking the power itself.

Also, can anyome clarify to me how this transfer (any one trait-> any one trait) really works?

Haven
2009-08-13, 02:52 PM
Also, can anyome clarify to me how this transfer (any one trait-> any one trait) really works?

Pretty simply actually. You pick any one trait--the Strength stat, the Flight Power, the Disable Device Skill, the Attack bonus, the Will Save, etc.--and then on a successful attack they lose 10 power-points worth of it and you gain 10 points worth of it (both up to the number of points they have in whatever you drained).

Arakune
2009-08-13, 03:38 PM
Pretty simply actually. You pick any one trait--the Strength stat, the Flight Power, the Disable Device Skill, the Attack bonus, the Will Save, etc.--and then on a successful attack they lose 10 power-points worth of it and you gain 10 points worth of it (both up to the number of points they have in whatever you drained).

So, if I pick up one trait, I get the same trait?

Also, changed the build. Here is the new one:

the build (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=146476)

I think that shapeshift (8pp per rank power) is eligible for Action Flaw up to full-round action (becoming a 5pp per rank power), since you still get a net of 1/1 equivalente. Trying to drop the action to more than full-round action (and trying a 1/2~N equivalence) aparently is handled as the 'one way transformation' if you think about it.

Thanks for the reply.

GoatToucher
2009-08-13, 04:15 PM
You probably want to throw some limitations on shapeshift relative to limiting it to Strike powers (Claws, Hammer, Whip, Groundstrike). Other than the Morphing you have in a different power, he doesn't do much more shapeshifting than that.

Haven
2009-08-13, 04:30 PM
So, if I pick up one trait, I get the same trait?

Hmm, I thought so but apparently it doesn't have to be the same. So you can drain other people's Constitution and use it to raise your Strength if you wanted.

Oh, and do you mean you want to drain a specific thing to gain a specific thing (like, do you want to always drain their Constitution into your Strength)? Or do you want to be able to choose what you're draining and what you're gaining every time? If you want the latter, which sounds really useful, I think it's 4 per rank.

...Oh wait, it looks like you dropped that in favor of shapeshifting. That works.

Arakune
2009-08-13, 05:17 PM
You probably want to throw some limitations on shapeshift relative to limiting it to Strike powers (Claws, Hammer, Whip, Groundstrike). Other than the Morphing you have in a different power, he doesn't do much more shapeshifting than that.

Well, this is the combat ones. He also get the shield, the armor, gliding, 'air dash', fast healing, etc.

The shapeshift can be in parts (only arms, extra appendages, etc)?

Hmm, I thought so but apparently it doesn't have to be the same. So you can drain other people's Constitution and use it to raise your Strength if you wanted.

Oh, and do you mean you want to drain a specific thing to gain a specific thing (like, do you want to always drain their Constitution into your Strength)? Or do you want to be able to choose what you're draining and what you're gaining every time? If you want the latter, which sounds really useful, I think it's 4 per rank.

...Oh wait, it looks like you dropped that in favor of shapeshifting. That works.

Yeah, the base ranks are 4 per ranks, add extras and flaws and I managed to cut it in half. It's not that much impressive if you go with UP max stolen pp as rankx2.

--

Also, the action flaw on shapeshift in this case is abusable or this much is somewhat 'fair'?