PDA

View Full Version : Narudude360's Movie Review! Ponyo (崖の上のポニョ, Gake no Ue no Ponyo)

Narudude360
2009-08-13, 03:57 PM
I lost my sunglasses! Where are they?!

As the title suggests, this is about the new Hayao Miyazaki film, dubbed into "Ponyo". It has won the awards for Animation of the Year and Outstanding Achievement in Music at the 32nd Japan Academy Prize, just as a pointer.

Now the English dub has every gum-chewing lolipop-sucking idiot of a girl's favorite "popstar" Hannah Montana's sister cast as Ponyo, whereas the Jonas Brother's brother will be cast as the boy, Sōsuke whom finds her on the cliff described in the Japanese title.

I wanted to talk about this film being quite difficult to understand, even though it has some sort-of-but-not-too-well-known actors involved, I thought that it was difficult to follow myself, even though I have been known to follow The Shawshank Redemption and answer each following question! Even this film was difficult to follow! (It IS a Miyazaki film, though, I should give it that.) But Resident Evil 4 had an easy plot to follow in comparison! A kid with an adult will be good to understand as a pair.

So I follow to give it four smiles out of five.
:smallsmile: :smallsmile:
:smallsmile: :smallcool:

Pros:

- Beautiful Animation
- Smooth Effects Don't Look Broken

Cons:

- I reviewed the subbed version, so you should ask a friend who saw the English Dub.
- Sometimes the animation looks a little slippy, like someone tilted the frame. I will refer to this as clumsy animation.