PDA

View Full Version : Co-Op PC Shooters?

Copper8642
2009-08-13, 09:34 PM
A friend an I need some suggestions for PC Co-Op shooters we could play together over the internet.

The idea came up when playing Halo 3 together, in which we had fun taking it like we were actually a tactical squad using actual strategy (which isn't quite 100% what Halo is). Gears of War we've also played, and while it's also fun, it's not the main idea. Halo actually fit better just because of the help the Marines gave in making you feel like you were helping a larger plan move along towards an enemy army.

So like, more of a squad sort of thing, us versus them, need to use tactics appreciated. And not like Battlefield or Battlefront (also very fun), I want to play against AI in a campaign, just us co-op.

MrPig
2009-08-13, 09:37 PM
Rainbow Six Vegas 1 and 2 had co-op; at least the 360 versions did. Not to mention it kind of, maybe, sort of is a tactical shooter. I believe the same goes for GRAW 1 and 2.

Timberwolf
2009-08-13, 09:44 PM
If you can get it, can get it to run (as it is somewhat ancient) and don't mind having the everloving life scared out of you frequently, then System Shock 2 has a good co-op mode, one of you can play as a marine, another as a techie or psyoniscist.

Erloas
2009-08-13, 10:15 PM
I would also suggest the Rainbow Six games. Of course I think all of the Tom Clancy games have co-op options.

While not really a traditional shooter, Left 4 Dead has good co-op.

Copper8642
2009-08-13, 10:22 PM
Should have mentioned Left 4 Dead. We tried it, and I suck at it. Very badly.

GRAW 2 is a definite option. I'll check Rainbow Six. System Shock is probably not our (read: my) cup of tea, just not my style of game, from the looks of it.

Neo
2009-08-14, 01:59 AM
I've got Vegas 2 and L4D, can't remember seeing a co-op option in Vegas, but didn't really play it for too long.

If someone does know of a decent co-op game let me know, i'd be up for a team up.

LesterLester
2009-08-14, 03:19 AM
You could try the SvenCoOp-Mod for Half Life 1 which allows you to play the campaign together...( well, not too tactical, but some puzzles require plans for both coop-partners to be solved)
for more modren examples...
Was Army of Two published for PC? Had a lot of fun with it in Co-op. I mean, this game has a key for High Fives and the like!:smallbiggrin:
And it requries at least a bit of tactics with the infamous "Aggro System" blatantly stolen from MMOs:D

Triaxx
2009-08-14, 05:52 AM
IIRC, Halo: Custom Edition allows for co-op play. You need the original game to play, but I just saw it for sale at my local wal-mart.

Somebloke
2009-08-14, 06:56 AM
Legendary difficulty: the original question, but on the xbox, and not online (ie, using the one computer).

Bonus points for not mentioning Halo or Gears of War.

Narazil
2009-08-14, 07:04 AM
Rainbow Six: Raven Shield is quite fun. It suffers a little from omnipresent enemies from time to time, but it's not really gamebreaking.
My brother and I have spent hours upon hours of trying to complete Peaks with 45 Terrorists, using scoped Shotguns.