PDA

View Full Version : Star Tripping in the Playground

Eon
2009-08-13, 10:44 PM
Does anyone else in the playground go startripping (http://wikibin.org/articles/star-tripping.html)? It is actually quite fun.

I was taught it at scout camp by one of the older scouts. Does anyone know who thought of it/where it originated? Does anyone do this? How often do people go on a star trip?

Lord Herman
2009-08-14, 02:55 AM
I thought Star Tripping involved going to hollywood and making famous people fall on their face. :smallconfused:

As for this real star tripping dealie, I think it's a spectacularly dumb thing to do. Something that makes you black out can't be good for you.

Boo
2009-08-14, 03:34 AM
I thought Star Tripping involved going to hollywood and making famous people fall on their face. :smallconfused:

As for this real star tripping dealie, I think it's a spectacularly dumb thing to do. Something that makes you black out can't be good for you.

This and ketchup.

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2009-08-14, 10:05 AM
Um, yeah. That sounds fun.

'Course, I'm a large, clumsy person who has to try and fight gravity often enough as I bump into things going through life, anyway, and if I want to fall down I'll walk around with moderate-grip shoes during the dead of winter.

thubby
2009-08-14, 10:46 AM
sounds like it causes a seizure.

The Demented One
2009-08-14, 12:02 PM
sounds like it causes a seizure.
That's...not really how seizures work.

Eon
2009-08-14, 12:29 PM
you don't really black out. you just kinda fall down.

Froogleyboy
2009-08-14, 04:26 PM
Sounds awesome. I am so gonna do it tonight

AstralFire
2009-08-14, 04:31 PM
That's...not really how seizures work.

Yeah, first you need an episode of Pokemon.

Froogleyboy
2009-08-14, 04:35 PM
Yeah, first you need an episode of Pokemon.

*Highfives*

You know, you can find that episode on youtube. Did nothin' to me.

Myshlaevsky
2009-08-14, 04:55 PM
*Highfives*

Really? I didn't know that. Let me go loo- HNNNNNGGHH!

Cyrano
2009-08-14, 05:15 PM
*Highfives*

You realize it's not an episode that induces seizures in every person who watches it, right? It's not just a magical seizure machine.

Flickerdart
2009-08-14, 05:17 PM
you don't really black out. you just kinda fall down.
Yes, after spinning around 15 times, you fall down. That's not that surprising.

AstralFire
2009-08-14, 06:11 PM
*Highfives*

I don't believe it is possible to find the unedited version of that clip, but I could be wrong.

Innis Cabal
2009-08-14, 06:16 PM
This...is mind boggling. Are teens now adays so wanting for activities that falling down is cool? Why not just do it at home. You don't need a flashlight, or going outside. I'm starting the new fad Door Tripping. Stare at a door and spin in place 15 times. Then have one of my friends shine a light in my eye and I fall over. FUN!

Cyrano
2009-08-14, 06:21 PM
This...is mind boggling. Are teens now adays so wanting for activities that falling down is cool? Why not just do it at home. You don't need a flashlight, or going outside. I'm starting the new fad Door Tripping. Stare at a door and spin in place 15 times. Then have one of my friends shine a light in my eye and I fall over. FUN!

I've invented an improved version of Door Tripping! Stare at a door and have someone open it repeatedly into your shins until you fall over. MORE FUN!

Innis Cabal
2009-08-14, 06:24 PM
I've invented an improved version of Door Tripping! Stare at a door and have someone open it repeatedly into your shins until you fall over. MORE FUN!

We can co-produce the fad. Joint efforts are more fun.

Cyrano
2009-08-14, 06:27 PM
We can co-produce the fad. Joint efforts are more fun.

You start.

Jalor
2009-08-14, 07:42 PM
Yes, after spinning around 15 times, you fall down. That's not that surprising.
Especially when someone shoves a flashlight in your face in the middle of the night.

This whole "star tripping" thing sounds suspiciously like something the older Scouts set up as a practical joke. Where did you find the link?

Innis Cabal
2009-08-14, 08:08 PM
You start.

No no. -We- don't start it, we make others do it. Get on your game.

Cyrano
2009-08-14, 08:10 PM
No no. -We- don't start it, we make others do it. Get on your game.

That was my game! I was just gonna shin you with a door and then run.

Player_Zero
2009-08-14, 08:17 PM
Spinning around and falling down sounds like some fun. But I can do that without stars or bright lights.

littlebottom
2009-08-14, 08:29 PM
OR even better yet, have some sort of portable device that can play youtube videos, spin round 15 times looking at a star then have someone shove the pokemon seizure inducing eppisode in your face! your body doesnt know weather to black out or to seizure! :smallbiggrin: