PDA

View Full Version : Strength (or a lack thereof)

Signmaker
2009-08-14, 12:13 AM
I've run in to the situation where I'm incorporeal and have no Str score. (-) as opposed to 0. In my incorporeality, how do I actually carry my gear?

TheOOB
2009-08-14, 12:21 AM
With no strength score you are unable to exert any force, which means you would be unable to carry any equiptment that has mass without the aid of magic. You could manipulate incorporeal items, as they have no mass.

PinkysBrain
2009-08-14, 12:22 AM
You don't ... it falls right through you, unless it's ghost touch.

HamsterOfTheGod
2009-08-14, 12:25 AM
I've run in to the situation where I'm incorporeal and have no Str score. (-) as opposed to 0. In my incorporeality, how do I actually carry my gear?

How did this come about? It depends. A ghost keeps his gear as does someone in ghostform but but weapons and armor are not (normally) usable. A psion uncarnate does not keep his gear while incorporeal (although it retains some benefits). If you shapechange to a will-o-wisp of a ghaele takes incorporeal form, the gear is taken into the form and is unusable.

Quietus
2009-08-14, 01:38 AM
If you've simply been turned incorporeal, it could have affected your gear, as well... effectively giving your gear a weight of "none", allowing your strength of -- to manipulate it.

KillianHawkeye
2009-08-14, 08:28 AM
In cases where you are incorporeal because you are also ethereal, you actually retain your Strength score while on the Ethereal Plane. However, you cannot affect any objects on the Material Plane while ethereal.

If it's some other form of incorporeality, then hopefully the description of the effect will shed some light on your situation. Without a Strength score, you can't exert physical force to manipulate objects, so unless your method of becoming incorporeal contains a proviso for doing so, you're screwed. This is why ghosts get telekinesis as an at-will ability.