PDA

View Full Version : Assassins III: Taking Back the Throne!! (Game Started)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Lex-Kat
2009-08-14, 12:14 AM
ASSASSINS III: Taking Back the Throne

Narrators: Lex-kat & Trixie

As Lord Iames Osari lay asleep his with his current lover by his side, he dreams a peaceful dream.

He sees himself in an apple orchard, looking all the beautiful fruits of his labor.

As he passes each apple, he sees either the face of one of his numerous lovers, the children that they've bared him, or his most promising assassins he has trained, Coplantor, Murska the Lesser, Shrike, and Tatianna.

But as he passes one of the trees, something doesn't look quite right to him. He stops and looks again. It's the face of his current lover. The seventeen year old he just "aquired" the evening before.

She was perfect, in everyway. But, somehow, not here. Not now.

He broke the apple open, and there he saw it. A seed of hate.

But there was something more to this hate. It wasn't the normal look of disgust he first saw, when he would enter the harem to choose one for the evening. There was something more sinister to this seed. Like she knew something he didn't.

+++++++++++++++++

Then the broken apple began to bleed. It wouldn't stop!!

Suddenly Lord Iames awoke with a start. He must still be dreaming, for he still felt the wetness on his hands and lower body.

When he looked down, he found the body of the young girl ripped in two, her dead heart in his hands.

Then he noticed a glint of metal in her hand. A knife?! She had tried to assassinate him as he slept.

But.... Lord Iames Osari, the Assassin Emperor, leapt out of bed and called for his guards to clean up the mess.

He then marched to his tower to consult with his prized treasure. The young oracle he'd found.

They are within, M-m-master. She said quietly. I see nothing but death around you. They are lead by.... former enemies.

Lord Iames glared at her. He knew there was more she wasn't telling him. But he didn't have time to coax it out of her.

He had been infiltrated. He needed to raise the alarm.

Game begins the week of August 24thish.

Rules:
25% majority rule: Votes are done in red text. Once a 25% majority (rounded down) has been reached, whoever has the most votes after 48 hours is removed from the game. If no 25% majority is reached, the mob cannot gather sufficient numbers to lynch anyone.

Silence Rule: Please do not call out your roll. This only takes away from the fun of the game. Thank you.

Autolynches: We will be autolynching players only if they do not point for 5 3 days straight. Of course, if you let me or MechaFox know that you will be gone for more than a week, we will give you a pass.

Have Fun.

Roles:
EVIL
Imperial Soldiers: Typical targets for death.

Oracle (Seer)- A young maiden kidnapped from her village by the Assassin Lord. She can see into the future and tell him who are loyal, and who are not. Can scry one player per night.

Lord Iames Osari (Beast)- If he is taken out of the game, one of those in on the action will fall before he goes.

Zar Peter (Baner)- Once per night, he can choose one person to Protect. If he protects a sleeper, and the sleeper is attacked by the assassins, the sleeper awakens.

Next Generation (Masons)- Shrike, Murska the Younger, Coplantor, Tatianna Jericus, Pimpkins, Echo, and Coolhand. The next generation of assassins under Lord Osari's tutelage.
GOOD
Infiltrators (MechaFox, Dani, Princess Alexi plus....)- There will be one infiltrator for every five players. Except, at the beginning of the game, only two infiltrators are active. There is only 1 night kill, per night.

After an infiltrator is killed, one of the remaining sleepers is PMd, letting him/her know that she is in fact an infiltrator.

The infiltrators will all be picked at the beginning of the game. But some will be sleeper infiltrators. Not knowing what they are until one of the active infiltrators dies.

If a sleeper infiltrator dies, he will be PMd letting him know that he was a sleeper. But it will not be mentioned to the players.

If, the infiltrators attempt to kill a sleeper infiltrator, the infiltrators lose the night kill, and it is announced that a sleeper has awakened.

If there is more than two infiltrators awake at any one time, then another is not awakened until...

a) He's targeted at night.
b) All but one infiltrator is lynched during the day.

Sleepers scry as villagers, until woken.

NEUTRAL
Harem- These are other girls Lord Iames Osari has pressed into service. One has to wonder, what are their win conditions? :smallamused:

Player list
{table=head]
#|Player|Killed?|Role
01|Aemoh|Survived|Leia (Neutral)
02|banjo1985|Survived|Imperial Guard
03|billtodamax|Survived|Imperial Guard
04|the Bushranger|Survived|Imperial Guard
05|Recaiden|Survived|Imperial Guard
33|RedScholarGypsy|Night 13|Princess Alexis (Infiltrator)
32|Sanity702|Night 13|Lisa (Neutral)
31|Mordokai|Night 13|Imperial Guard
30|Heroic|Day 13- AL|Emperor Iames Osari (Beast)
29|Zar Peter|Day 13|Lord MechaFox (Infiltrator)
28|EagleWiz|Night 12|Murska the Younger (Mason)
27|Oddity|Day 12|Echo (Mason)
26|Lubirio|Night 11|Imperial Guard
25|gothicbob|Day 11- AL|Imperial Guard
24|Fin|Day 11- AL|Replaced by Sanity702
23|Shadowcaller|Day 11|Imperial Guard
22|MOD|Night 10|Pimpkins (Mason)
21|Happyturtle|Day 10|Dani (Infiltrator)
20|Reinholdt|Night 9|Lola (Neutral)
19|Wolfbane|Night 9|Jericus ((Formerly Tatianna)) (Mason)
18|Thufir|Day 9|Imperial Guard
17|Deathslayer7|Night 8|The Oracle (Seer)
16|the Bookworm|Day 8|Infiltrator
15|Kyouhen|Night 7|Lila (Neutral)
14|Irbis|Night 7|Coplantor (Mason)
13|smuchmuch|Day 7|Infiltrator
12|Dirk Kris|Night 6|Sleeper
11|Moon_Called|Night 6|Zar Peter (Baner)
10|Lord Iames Osari|Day 6|Infiltrator
09|Cyrano|Day 5- AL|Replaced by Lubirio
08|Opeth Freak|Day 5|Imperial Guard
07|Murska|Day 4|Imperial Guard
06|Fleeing Coward|Night 3|Imperial Guard
05|Szilard|Day 3- AL|Replaced by Zar Peter
04|Geesi|Day 3|Imperial Guard
03|MechaFox|Night 2|Imperial Guard
02|Calar|Day 2|Imperial Guard
01|evnafets|Night 1|Shrike (Mason)[/table]

The Bookworm
2009-08-17, 10:19 AM
I'm in!!! (Filler)

Dirk Kris
2009-08-17, 10:21 AM
Sign me up!

UncleWolf
2009-08-17, 10:22 AM
There is no way in any Hell you can think of that I am going to miss this!
:smallbiggrin:

happyturtle
2009-08-17, 10:24 AM
In in in in in!

Murska
2009-08-17, 10:47 AM
I'm in aswell. After all, I'm important. :smalltongue:

Cyrano
2009-08-17, 10:51 AM
All your recruitment thread are belong to my post.

Kyouhen
2009-08-17, 11:08 AM
Joining! Filler! Bananas! Paaaaaaancake!

Fin
2009-08-17, 11:37 AM
In, with Cake!

Robert Blackletter
2009-08-17, 12:04 PM
In, I need to killlłłll people

Murska
2009-08-17, 12:07 PM
In, I need to killlłłll people

Quick! He's a...

Good guy?

Opeth_Freak
2009-08-17, 12:08 PM
What can I say? In as well :smallsmile:

Robert Blackletter
2009-08-17, 12:14 PM
Quick! He's a...

Good guy?

Just to make thing confusing

Szilard
2009-08-17, 01:07 PM
In. I'll read the rules later.

Aemoh
2009-08-17, 01:28 PM
In, says I!

Reinholdt
2009-08-17, 02:39 PM
New Challenger approaches.

*annoying music plays*

*small kitty with a rifle shows up*
"Sorry. Sorry I'm late. Reinholdt at your service."

Guancyto
2009-08-17, 02:46 PM
Let's do this.

Opeth_Freak
2009-08-17, 02:46 PM
New Challenger approaches.

*annoying music plays*

*small kitty with a rifle shows up*
"Sorry. Sorry I'm late. Reinholdt at your service."

*Annoying music continues*

*Guy with a blue face paint steps up, and unleashes his Claymore*

"You can take my life, but you will not take my Pride..."

Booming Voice Out Of Nowhere: ROUND 1. FIGHT!

:smalltongue:

Fawkes
2009-08-17, 02:53 PM
Since I never actually did any narrating last time, perhaps it's best if I just play this time around. In.

Trixie
2009-08-17, 03:06 PM
Well... I can play.

Unless you need a co-narrator, that is.

MOD
2009-08-17, 03:11 PM
In In In In In!

billtodamax
2009-08-17, 03:52 PM
totally in.

Irbis
2009-08-17, 04:03 PM
Mostly in.

Fleeing Coward
2009-08-17, 06:25 PM
Count me in.

Heroic
2009-08-17, 06:49 PM
Count me in!

evnafets
2009-08-17, 06:56 PM
I'll try this one out.

Just checking that I understand, we basically start from scratch again every time we find an assassin, as almost ANYBODY could be an infiltrator? So even if they were "cleared" before by the seer, they aren't any more?

EagleWiz
2009-08-17, 06:59 PM
In with hopes i manage to survive night 1 this time. *grumble*

smuchmuch
2009-08-17, 08:02 PM
I'd like to try this game.
Question: does the sleepers scry as such or as simple villager as long as they have not been activated ?

Lex-Kat
2009-08-17, 08:03 PM
Just checking that I understand, we basically start from scratch again every time we find an assassin, as almost ANYBODY could be an infiltrator? So even if they were "cleared" before by the seer, they aren't any more?
Correct.

But the count is simple.

1-9= 1 Infiltrator
10-14= 2 Infiltrators
15-19= 3 Infiltrators
20-24= 4 Infiltrators
25-29= 5 Infiltrators
30-34= 6 Infiltrators

and so on, with an equal amount of Masons.

In the last two runs, everyone has found it to be quite balanced.

The first game had one Assassin (Infiltrators this time around), 2 Imperial Guards, and a Concubine (Neutral).

The second game came down to two Assassins and two Refugee Soldiers, and Lord MechaFox (Baner).

I'm hoping this streak continues, as it has made the game fun for most. :smallsmile:

I'd like to try this game.
Question: does the sleepers scry as such or as simple villager as long as they have not been activated ?
The Sleepers will be scried as Imperial Guards.

But, the Power Roles: Baner, Beast, and the Masons, will never be sleepers.

So if the Seer finds them, you can trust they are what they think they are.

Blue Ghost
2009-08-17, 08:52 PM
I would join this, but the pressures of school likely won't allow time for the intrigue of another werewolf game. I'll be watching from the sidelines though, rooting for the good guys throughout.
Hmm... I wonder how the good guys being the wolves will affect the RP?

happyturtle
2009-08-18, 01:40 AM
"No! Don't lynch me! I'm evil, I swear!" :smalleek:

*giggles*

Oddity
2009-08-18, 02:08 AM
Oddity is in the 'house?'

banjo1985
2009-08-18, 07:00 AM
I'm in enough games...but in anyway, based on my recent early lynch record :smalltongue:

UncleWolf
2009-08-18, 07:27 AM
"No! Don't lynch me! I'm evil, I swear!" :smalleek:

*giggles*

Isn't that how you normally RP? :smallconfused::smalltongue:

happyturtle
2009-08-18, 07:47 AM
Hush. Don't make me eviscerate you. :smallamused:

UncleWolf
2009-08-18, 08:26 AM
Hush. Don't make me eviscerate you. :smallamused:

Could you? Its been a while since you've last done that to me. :smallwink::smalltongue:

calar
2009-08-18, 10:39 AM
I'm in. this looks fun.

The Bushranger
2009-08-18, 12:33 PM
Making it offical. :smallbiggrin:

Shadowcaller
2009-08-18, 12:57 PM
I guess I'm in.

Recaiden
2009-08-18, 01:02 PM
I'm in. For the 3rd time.

Deathslayer7
2009-08-18, 02:56 PM
in as well.

Lord Iames Osari
2009-08-18, 09:22 PM
I'm in. It's time to restore the Princess to her rightful place/crush the threats to my rule once and for all!

calar
2009-08-18, 11:03 PM
Dang, that sleeper business is going to be crazy.

RedScholarGypsy
2009-08-19, 12:12 AM
*HUFF PUFF* IN! *Collapses*

Lex-Kat
2009-08-22, 11:54 PM
Recruitment will be open for one more day, or until I reach 35 players.

Moon_Called has signed up via IM. :smallsmile:

Mordokai
2009-08-23, 04:16 AM
I'll give it another try.

Thufir
2009-08-23, 06:07 AM
I'll take the 35th spot.

Zar Peter
2009-08-23, 08:45 AM
In... too late as autolynchreplacement

Lex-Kat
2009-08-23, 08:24 PM
I will PM everyone tonight with their role.

Player list
{table=head]
#|Player|Killed?|Role
01|Aemoh||
02|banjo1985||
03|billtodamax||
04|the Bookworm||
05|the Bushranger||
06|Calar||
07|D'anna Biers||
08|Deathslayer7||
09|Dirk Kris||
10|EagleWiz||
11|evnafets||
12|Fin||
13|Fleeing Coward||
14|Geesi||
15|gothicbob||
16|Happyturtle||
17|Heroic||
18|Irbis||
19|Kyouhen||
20|Lord Iames Osari||
21|MechaFox||
22|MOD||
23|Moon_Called
24|Mordokai||
25|Murska||
26|Oddity||
27|Opeth Freak||
28|Recaiden||
29|RedScholarGypsy||
30|Reinholdt||
31|Shadowcaller||
32|smuchmuch||
33|Szilard||
34|Thufir||
35|Wolfbane||[/table]

Lex-Kat
2009-08-24, 12:22 AM
Here are the Role PMs:

You are an Imperial Guard... or are you? :smalleek:

Your job is to survive! Oh, and defend Emperor Iames with your life. Unless you're a sleeper that is.

Good Luck.

You two are the first two Infiltrators.

You're job is to hunt down and kill all of Emperor Iames Osari's Assassins and awaken your own people hidden with.

Good Luck. :smallsmile:

You are the Next Generation (Masons)- Shrike, Murska the Younger, Coplantor, Pimpkins, Echo, CoolHand, and Tatianna. The next generation of assassins under Lord Osari's tutelage.

"List Names"

Good Luck.

You are part of Emperor Iames Osari's Harem- These are other girls Lord Iames Osari has pressed into service. One has to wonder, what are their win conditions? :smallamused:

Good Luck, .

You are Lord Iames Osari (Beast)- If he is taken out of the game, one of those in on the action will fall before he goes.

Good Luck.

You are Zar Peter (Baner)- Once per night, he can choose one person to Protect. If he protects a sleeper, and the sleeper is attacked by the assassins, the sleeper awakens.

Good Luck.

You are the Oracle (Seer)- A young maiden kidnapped from her village by the Assassin Lord. She can see into the future and tell him who are loyal, and who are not. Can scry one player per night.

Good Luck.

Game starts after Lord Iames Osari posts his original characters reactions. :smallsmile:

Fleeing Coward
2009-08-24, 12:34 AM
Assassins, please don't kill me because there's always a chance that I'm a sleeper.
Villagers, please don't lynch me because I currently scry as villager and there's a much higher chance that I'm not a sleeper.
Harem, please don't kill me because killing an insignificant villager can't possibily be part of whatever win condition you have.

In summary, please don't kill/lynch/beast/auto me :smallbiggrin:

Lord Iames Osari
2009-08-24, 01:16 AM
"Sire-"

Emperor Osari whirls around as his chamberlain enters the room, a blackened dagger materializing in his hand and hovering at the chamberlain's throat. "Oh, it's you," he says, but the dagger stays in his hand.. "What is it?"

"The search of the seraglio you ordered has been completed, Sire. We found no weapons or poisons." The chamberlain gulps. "Also, the guards have been told to be on the lookout for Baron Mechafox."

"Good. Now go." Emperor Iames keeps his eyes on his chamberlain as the other man slowly backs out of the imperial study, then settles into a bare wooden chair to continue his reading.

[hr]

Lord Mechafox looks around the sturdy table at his co-conspirators, finally settling on his second-in-command. "So we've managed to successfully infiltrate and recruit some of the Imperial Guard?"

Connar, dressed in a Guardsman's uniform, nods. "Not many, but it should be enough. Osari's had us tearing through the harem after one of those poor girls tried to kill him in his sleep."

"Was she one of ours?"

Connar shakes his head. "No. Not that I blame her. I can't imagine what kinds of things he must put them through."

Mechafox nods solemnly. "Well, they won't have to endure it much longer." After a moment of silence, mourning the harem-girl's death, he lifts his head. "Now, our first move should be..."

Robert Blackletter
2009-08-24, 02:21 AM
OddityFirst day random point so please no bandwagon on him (yet)

He seem to be acting odd lately, hanging in shadows and whatnot. Lets just keep an eye on him to be sure for now.

banjo1985
2009-08-24, 04:52 AM
A lazy guard with a rubber ball attached to a paddle by a length of twine stands in front of the doors to the palace, his breath rumbling in his ample belly.

"Guh...guarding sure is hard work, I just wanna go play hackey sack or something. Szilard, you take over."

The lazy guard bolts off across the gardens chasing squirrels.

Oddity
2009-08-24, 05:03 AM
^
Banjo's avvie

"You call that a knife?
Thus is a knife!"

|\
| \
| \
| \
| \
| /
| /
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

Opeth_Freak
2009-08-24, 05:18 AM
OMIGOD! Oddity has a knife! :smalleek:

Mordokai
2009-08-24, 05:48 AM
Opeth_Freak

Lets just say you... freak me out :smalltongue:

Opeth_Freak
2009-08-24, 05:59 AM
Opeth_Freak

Lets just say you... freak me out :smalltongue:

*rimshot* (http://www.instantrimshot.com/) :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2009-08-24, 06:27 AM
Peter Raven, the head of the Imperial Guard, wrapped the corpse in the bloody bedclothes and carried it out to be disposed of. Emperor Osari's harem was a security problem. Girls were "recruited" for their beauty, and their background was often not investigated. It would be easy for the rebellion to infiltrate them that way.

His thoughts might have been considered treasonous to some, as he reflected on the weakness that led his Imperial Majesty to sacrifice safety for the pleasures of the flesh, but Peter Raven meant no disrespect. He considered the personal weaknesses of the Emperor on a par with the design flaws in the Palace. They were merely challenges to be managed as part of his job.

In his mind, it was essential that Osari remain on the throne. If he were assassinated, the resulting chaos would be bad for the country. Osari's oldest legitimate son was not strong enough to hold the throne against the other claimants that would necessarily arise. There was a rumour that the former Empress had left a daughter. No doubt there would be more than one who would lay claim to royal blood. No, Osari must live.

He looked up to see one of the harem guards just coming off duty. "Mordokai, I'd like to speak to you. In my office."

Mordokai
2009-08-24, 06:35 AM
"Awwwww! Do I really have to? I'm just off duty, I was kinda hoping for some booze and a free time."

happyturtle
2009-08-24, 06:40 AM
"Unless you'd like me to inform the Emperor of the extra time you've spent 'guarding' the barbarian wench he recently acquired." :smallannoyed:

Dirk Kris
2009-08-24, 07:48 AM
"Stop arguing, you two, and focus." A husky, androgynous voice comes from another guard at the post. The helmet is lifted, and a square face with a mop of short, curly black hair appears. Sweating in the metal, the curly locks are plastered to the forehead with sweat, and the eyes, one green, one grey, stare intensely at them. "Our lord needs our protection. Needs us to be at our best. And I, for one, don't want to end up like that Moon_Called person and lose a digit to remind me. So let's be professional, alright?"

Thufir
2009-08-24, 07:48 AM
"Curse these rebels. We prosper under Osari, yet they have to stir things up! They must be ruthlessly eliminated!"
The guard sees Reinholdt watching him.
"What are you looking at, catboy?"

The Bushranger
2009-08-24, 08:01 AM
Dani, eavesdropping on MecahFox's meeting, makes a face at the thought of a harem. One girl is all she needs, why would she ever want anything more? That thought, of course, makes her think of Alexis, and a hand goes to her throat, gently feeling the scar there that an assassin's blade left when it had nearly killed her...

Clenching a dainty fist, she thinks back to that horrible time when almost everything she'd had had been taken away by the Assassins. Her mother, father, a friend, even the Princess had nearly been lost - and she'd thought she had, which had made her want to die when the Assassin attacked. Only that Alexis had been there to nurse her back to health had allowed her to make a full recovery.

Turning and stomping away in anger, not caring if anyone hears, she thinks back to those days. That fellow she'd seen in the market playing a Banjo had always struck her as a little odd...

UncleWolf
2009-08-24, 08:36 AM
Jericus, butler, waiter, bartender, and sometimes designated driver (One mustn't let his charges drive carriages drunk) entered into Peter's office.
Your drink, sir. He says as he lowers the platter for easier access on Peter's part.

Reinholdt
2009-08-24, 08:42 AM
"Curse these rebels. We prosper under Osari, yet they have to stir things up! They must be ruthlessly eliminated!"
The guard sees Reinholdt watching him.
"What are you looking at, catboy?"
"You." Reinholdt replies to Thufir.

"I don't like something about you." The catboy looks over and takes a shot at a target with his rifle, getting another bullseye. "Oh. I get it now." He smiles before turning back to Thufir. "I don't like the way you speak. Your speech is colorful in all the wrong ways."

happyturtle
2009-08-24, 08:45 AM
"Thank you, Jericus," Peter says, as he takes the drink. "Please close the door behind you."

Once that is done, he looks at Mordokai. "I'm not in the retribution business. It's my job to protect the Emperor, not enforce his laws. If you have anything you'd like to tell me about any potential lapses in security, it doesn't have to leave this room."

UncleWolf
2009-08-24, 09:59 AM
Jericus bows before leaving. Shutting the door behind himself, he moves on to his next assigned charge. He sighs. Sometimes being a butler was fun, such as the Mr. Boddie incident a few months back, but it really was tiring.

He finds his next master, two of them really. Jericus lowers the platter between Thufir and Reinholdt. "Can I interest either of you in a drink?" He looks at Reinholdt. "I have your laundry done, sir. And the cat-nip is on your table as always."

Dirk Kris
2009-08-24, 10:11 AM
The curly-headed guard spots the butler and follows him. "Excuse me. Jericus, right? I'm Naila - could you please fetch me some water? I'm about to sweat to death in this thing."

Murska
2009-08-24, 10:18 AM
How did he end up here, again?

He remembered well how he did it. He used the same route he had figured out on his years in the training, which let him go in and out of the place unseen and unheard. It had shown signs of recent usage, he wondered who had found it again...

But why was he here? He was the reason this situation happened in the first place. Had he somehow gotten morals in his older age? He smiled at the thought.

No, it was just not like him to retire, at least not before trying his hand against the mightiest challenge of them all, Osari himself.

He was one of the first of the Hand and certainly the best of them in skill, though Osari had trained himself in other arts best left unmentioned. He had never really been much of a follower, but he had been paid well and it's not like steady employers for highly-trained assassins were very common.

But now he was free and without ties, and he could just watch the show and enjoy himself.

Murska the Elder smirked under his hood, watching the guard patrol walk past. This was going to be... interesting.

UncleWolf
2009-08-24, 10:22 AM
Jericus bows. "I already have some ready." He takes a chilled glass of water from his silver platter and offers it to Naila.

"Will that be all?"

Dirk Kris
2009-08-24, 10:28 AM
Naila nods and quickly gulps back the cold liquid. "My thanks, sir. I'm still fairly new around here, and I'm noticing something disturbing. People seem to be...lax in their duties, the other guards, particularly. I don't understand it." Though her haircut and face are not particularly feminine, her worried tone is.

UncleWolf
2009-08-24, 10:34 AM
Jericus lowers his voice to a whisper. "Well, if you ask me, which you didn't, Reinholdt there has been on the nip for a while now, Mordokai... tests the seraglio, the scoundrel, and Thufir makes it his perogative to go out of his way to bully people."

He winks. "They never did tip me very well."

Shadowcaller
2009-08-24, 10:35 AM
Banjo1985 for now.

Dirk Kris
2009-08-24, 10:43 AM
Naila chuckles huskily as she fetches a few coins from her pouch. As she glances, she sees it is mostly empty, and sighs. First of the month better get here soon... Smiling, she offers the coins to the butler. "I have the utmost respect for people of your station. My own mother was a handmaiden to a fine, wealthy merchant family. And she was so genial and pretty, that one of the sons decided to marry her." She smiles warmly. "Perhaps someday you, too, will be richly rewarded for all your hard work and service." Finishing the glass, she replaces it on his tray.

UncleWolf
2009-08-24, 11:39 AM
Jericus takes only the smallest coin and pockets it. "Thank you, my lady. I can only hope that I shall be rewarded some day, but for now, it is my pleasure to serve you." He bows dramatically. "Will there be anything else you require?" He offers with a smile.

Heroic
2009-08-24, 12:30 PM
I'm going for Thufir for now.

Reinholdt
2009-08-24, 01:37 PM
Well now Jericus has just ensured that Reinholdt won't tip him well at all.

Reinholdt goes off to... "sample" the catnip left on his table.

Thufir
2009-08-24, 02:01 PM
((Heh. I didn't actually realise I'd chosen to roleplay with the one person I know who speaks in the same colour as me.))

"I don't trust that cat. Far too fond of his little indulgences. I can see the value of relaxation, naturally, but some of the others carry it too far. I have to remain vigilant, since it seems no-one else will..."

Lord Iames Osari
2009-08-24, 02:01 PM
Shrike stands his watch patiently. It was boring, but Lord Osari said that impatience got assassins killed, and the Imperial Guard was an excellent place to learn both patience and vigilance.

He watches a young woman storm out of one of the more disreputable taverns and remembers his sister Dani with a pang of guilt. I hope you're all right, wherever you are. You probably hate me now, but I never wanted Dad to die.

I wonder if the rumors about Mechafox sneaking into the city to kill the Emperor are true. If I was him, I wouldn't be anywhere near here. And what would be the point, anyway, now that the Princess is dead?

His Majesty sure isn't taking any chances though. He's gotten even more paranoid since what happened with the harem girl. But the seraglio is empty of anything they could use to kill him, and even if an assassin could get past the guard, they'd never make it past me or Murska.

Shrike continues to stand his watch, looking for any Oddity that might signify a possible threat.

Aemoh
2009-08-24, 03:51 PM
*day 1 random point at gothicbob*

Guancyto
2009-08-24, 04:11 PM
A guard practices his harmonica while off duty. Soft music emanates from the barracks, filling the nearby hallways with an old song of the country.

It would probably sound much better on a banjo.

Irbis
2009-08-24, 04:39 PM
Banjo doesn't sound like one of the characters from this story, indeed.

Blue Ghost
2009-08-24, 05:54 PM
A chill wind sweeps through the barracks of the guards, seeming to bring a soft whisper with it.
Dooooom! Doom to the tyrant and murderer Osari! He shall pay for every drop of blood he has shed! Death awaits him and all who serve him! Doooooom!
Then all is silent again.

calar
2009-08-24, 08:26 PM
Random point RedScholarGypsy.

RedScholarGypsy
2009-08-24, 08:34 PM
Besnik approaches the gates of the castle. A vermilion shirt stands out from his otherwise grey clothing, which displays his roma heritage for all to see. A long, thin dagger hangs at his left hip, and his satchel bounces off the other hip as he walks, faintly jingling. The guards wrinkle their noses as he approaches, his shoulders hunched and head low.
"What pissed soaked ground have you been rolling in, ball's lick?"
"It's aniseed, sir, may I please pa-?"
Besnik reeled, stumbling against the wall of the guardhouse. He licked his lips and tasted iron. As his vision cleared he saw one of the guards massaging the back of his hand.
"Did I say you could talk, fez hick?"
Besnik shook his head.
"Good boy. Now show us your bag, sez tik."
He meekly opened his bag and flinched as the guards tossed his books onto the ground and turned it inside out. The bully then walked over to where Besnik recovered, and spat in his face.
"We were told about you, Besnik. Don't know why, but we were supposed to let you in, no questions asked. Treat you nice, we were told. Well, I figure a few questions never hurt, don't you think? And your people don't deserve nice. Clean up this mess before you go in, ball's lick."
They dropped the satchel and stepped on it as they walked passed. He snatched the discarded items and bolted inside as the guards chortled. He shuffled along the corridors, though no other guard molested him. When the door bolted shut on Besnik's room, he seemed to gain inches as his hunch disappeared. His step was long as he strode to his desk, where he spread his books. His hands never paused as he removed vials from pouches in the spines of his tomes; leaves and seeds from sleeves along the insides of book covers. He breathed out as he stopped; nothing was damaged.
I'll report those two to Raven tomorrow. If they aren't beaten for harassing one of Emperor Osari's alchemists, they may be hanged for letting poisons in when they didn't know I was allowed to. If they didn't know better, then they should have done better. No place for idiots when rebellion is in the air.
His hand went to his face and wiped the spittle off. He glared at it, then poured some water into a basin.
What was his name? Oh yes. Calar.

OOC
Been a long time since I RP'ed. Hope I still got it. And sorry calar, you just pointed as I finished this, so just bad timing:smalltongue:.

Deathslayer7
2009-08-24, 10:55 PM
A young girl practiced in a private section of the courtyard. Lisa was her name, and she practiced throwing shurikens at a dummy, and pulling a dagger out of her body. She was growing better with each passing day, and soon enough, she would be able to join Osari's rank of assassins. If she survived to take the test. That was one of the most common practices among assassins in his ranks. Assassinating each other as to provide less competition later on. It put everyone on the edge, and made everyone aware. She saw Banjo walking along and watched him till he passed out of sight, never missing a beat in her routine.

The Bushranger
2009-08-24, 11:37 PM
A young girl in a heavy cloak, its hood raised, slips into the tavern, and takes a seat, looking a little nervous from her body language and what little of her face can be seen.

UncleWolf
2009-08-24, 11:51 PM
Jericus leaves the cellar of the tavern, hefting a keg of mead that some fool or other ordered. "I'm a butler, not a delivery boy." He mutters.

On the way out, he bumps into a girl by accident, almost falling. "Excuse me, I'm sorry. Its just that this is rather heavy and blocks my vision somewhat."

The Bushranger
2009-08-24, 11:58 PM
The girl jumps back, almost tumbling out of her chair.
Hey, watch where you're going! She hisses, then continues, softer. Oh. Don't worry. Just...try not to touch me again, please.

UncleWolf
2009-08-24, 11:59 PM
Jericus raises an eyebrow as he shifts the barrel back into place. "Is everything okay, my lady?"

The Bushranger
2009-08-25, 12:04 AM
No. I'm ugly and can't show my face here. The young-sounding girl sighs. But I will take a strong drink, though.

UncleWolf
2009-08-25, 12:08 AM
Jericus scoffs. "I'm sure you are lady." he says with obvious sarcasm. "But as to the strong drink, the person who ordered this keg is bound to be passed out by now. Care for some mead?" he says as he sets the keg down on the table.

The Bushranger
2009-08-25, 12:10 AM
Yes, please. The girl nods, then tucks an escaping strand of red hair back into its hiding place under her hood. I would enjoy that very much.
Her voice is slightly raspy, almost as if it hasn't been used in a long time - or is damaged, somehow.

UncleWolf
2009-08-25, 12:14 AM
Jericus takes two clean tankards from a nearby stand, reserved for him since he was a frequent buyer (for others of course), and fills them from the tap. He hands one to her. "There, that should help. I'm Jericus."

The Bushranger
2009-08-25, 12:17 AM
She accepts it with a nod, and takes a sip, careful not to expose her face.
I'm Eshter. It's good to meet you. And this is pretty good.

UncleWolf
2009-08-25, 12:20 AM
Jericus gets an idea. Its been a while since he had a little fun...

He takes out a gold coin that was supposed to be used to pay for the mead and sets it on the table. "Tell you what. I'll match every drink you have, one for one."

The Bushranger
2009-08-25, 12:23 AM
I'm intriguied, but I should only have the one. She giggles, girlishly despite the slight rasp in her voice. I'm rather the lightweight, you know.

If the butler knows anything about the families of the bodyguards of the old regime, well, he might think the girl is familiar somehow. Of course, maybe not...

UncleWolf
2009-08-25, 12:24 AM
Whether or not Jericus knows or cares, he doesn't show. He smiles. "Good, so am I."

The Bushranger
2009-08-25, 12:26 AM
Well, then, I guess we both know our limitations? She giggles again and leans back. So...you work here?

UncleWolf
2009-08-25, 12:31 AM
He sighs. "Yes, I'm a butler up the road. Unfortunately, only one or two people ever seem to appreciate my efforts." he pats the near empty pouch at his side. "You?"

The Bushranger
2009-08-25, 12:32 AM
I'm from out of town. "Eshter" seems to hesitate for a moment. My family used to live here. So I thought I'd visit.
She makes a mental note to show her appreciation. :smalltongue:

UncleWolf
2009-08-25, 12:36 AM
Jericus smiles. "Well, I hope you have a good visit here, my lady. I believe you know where you can find me." He stands and bows, as is regulatory for his station. "Have a good night, and keep the keg if you wish. It'd only be thrown out anyways."

With that, he leaves back to the castle.

Fawkes
2009-08-25, 12:49 AM
Frederico the jester was not having a good day. Lord Osari was in such a foul mood, that when Frederico told his awesome sword/soared joke that he worked so hard on, Osari didn't laugh. At all! Not one bit!

When Frederico repeated the punchline a few times (in case he hadn't heard it properly) Osari grew even angrier, and ordered his archers to use Frederico as target practice.

"Hey, watch it, Fin! That one almost hit me!"

billtodamax
2009-08-25, 01:35 AM
She'd walk past that room every day. The tiniest of windows in the door allowed her a brief glance at the girl inside. Every day, she'd linger, ever so slightly to prolong that glance. That bastard Osari had taken her daughter from her, and locked her in this room, she had to work as a washer woman just to see her! She'd heard that the princess' assassins had infiltrated the castle. Good luck to them, that was her opinion. Stealing away her little girl like that, what right did Osari have? Just because of some so called "gift". Bah. It was more a curse!

She was knocked out of her trance by another woman passing by.
Come on, Delila, you'll be late!
Hang on, I'm coming. She said as she chased after the woman. Jericus'll be chasing after us all day now.

((Wolfbane))

Oddity
2009-08-25, 02:17 AM
Darthil, an apprentice of a questioned trade.
Night shift in the clock tower had its drawbacks, incessant ticking had caused this you lad to move in a peculiar rhythm, but despite this Darthil couldn't see a better way to serve. at night he mainly sat down for the whole time waiting for some clock disrupting-conspirator to come along and liberate the city by showing the actual time. (Darthil was convinced that every day, the night was stalled for one hour and then an hour was skipped in the day, so that Osari had enough time to give orders (why else would he have to guard the clock tower))

Today, Darthil walked down the streets he knew so well. In his opinion Osari seemed in a right ol mood, no random killings and no public executions in over a week (if only he knew). At most the lord seemed somewhat distracted, Darthil couldn't pinpoint why. he was just happy to be a part of the guard.
It was unfortunate for him that he had been given orders to go see the head of the guard so that he could receive the debrief for the upcoming night.
"Just my luck, I'll have a change in shift and have to work on 'cleanup duty'"
(everyone knows what he meant by that)
He trudged off towards Peter Raven's office, probably one of many to slump on that tantalizingly soft chair today.

MOD
2009-08-25, 02:54 AM
It was down in the deep catacombs below the splendor Lord Iames Osari enjoyed that the official scribe found himself when the dreaded sound of alarm was raised. Peeking his elderly head out from behind the closed doors of his study he could see the Imperial Guards bouncing about in their clanking armor looking for the cause of alarm.

Unperturbed the scribe turned back to his transcribing and closed the door, locking it. Lord's orders where still in effect whether alarms were going off or not the old codger reasoned as he sat down. Picking up his quill he opened to page one hundred and seventy-eight of Retaking the Throne by Lord Iames Osari and began transcribing onto a fresh page.

Chapter 17
The Concubine Gambit
It was only nine days after I had sent my most trusted ally, the Valiant Muska, to aid in reclaiming my rightful thrown from the despot Lexi that he tried his most clever ruse yet...

billtodamax
2009-08-25, 03:20 AM
Open the door, you damn old fool! Shouts Delila from outside the scribe's door. I've got another 10 people to get through today, and if I take too long I'll fall behind! D'you want your clothes or not?

Lubirio
2009-08-25, 04:43 AM
I'm in, oh pick me, pick me!

billtodamax
2009-08-25, 04:47 AM
Unfortunately, the game's already started, but I think Lex's taking auto-lynch replacements (You come in when someone doesn't vote for two days straight).

Lubirio
2009-08-25, 04:50 AM
Sure, that'll work.

Recaiden
2009-08-25, 07:05 AM
Wolfbane. The joke really wasn't that funny.

UncleWolf
2009-08-25, 08:08 AM
Wolfbane. The joke really wasn't that funny.

But... it was supposed to be a bad joke. :smallfrown:

banjo1985
2009-08-25, 08:33 AM
Looks like I'm a deader, and on Day 1 no less. Ah well, this will be my third Day 1 lynch, not so bad I suppose.

Reinholdt
2009-08-25, 09:13 AM
Reinholdt rolls over in bed, moaning and holding his head. The nip hangovers were the worst, but usually passed quickly.

After sitting there, trying to be as still as possible for a good amount time, he was finally able to get up and get himself dressed in uniform. Grabbing his rifle off the rack he kept it on, he went out to the north part of the complex. It was his patrol day here. Better than guard duty at the front gate for certain.

UncleWolf
2009-08-25, 09:17 AM
Jericus is waiting outside Reinholdt's door with the hangover cure. "Good Morning, sire." He says in a rather cheerful tone as he hands him the glass of liquid. "Its the usual."

happyturtle
2009-08-25, 09:22 AM
Peter Raven makes his rounds. He kept hearing whispering that people thought Banjo suspicious, but no one was really able to articulate why. He'd have to keep a close eye on things.

Reinholdt
2009-08-25, 09:22 AM
"Thanks." Reinholdt quickly downs the liquid.

Someday he'll get poisoned doing that.

"How are you?"

UncleWolf
2009-08-25, 09:23 AM
"I'm doing fine sir." Jericus says, replacing the glass on his silver platter.

Fleeing Coward
2009-08-25, 09:29 AM
Wolfbane for my random pick.

UncleWolf
2009-08-25, 09:41 AM
I'll point Banjo, to make sure I stay alive. No hard feelings meant. Its only personal. :smalltongue:

Thufir
2009-08-25, 09:42 AM
"Tired... no! Must stay alert, someone on guard has to show some competence. What's all this nonsense about Banjo...? Paranoia's not going to help us, with enemies closing in on all sides..."

Thufir glares around as he stalks along the corridor. He salutes Peter Raven as they pass each other.

Kyouhen
2009-08-25, 09:42 AM
Fleeing Coward! He really does seem to be running a lot...

Murska
2009-08-25, 09:50 AM
Time off. Time to be spent with friends or alone, drinking, eating, sleeping or just sneaking around seeing what you can find. But most importantly, time to have fun.

Of course, one must never forget about caution around these parts. Murska the Younger knew that well. The girl who had just arrived in the tavern... He got an odd feeling.

He took another sip.

(Oh, and Wolfbane. Just because he made me be late from school.)

Lex-Kat
2009-08-25, 12:59 PM
Sure, that'll work.

You are now listed as an Auto-lynch replacement. :smallsmile:

Cyrano
2009-08-25, 04:23 PM
Random pick is random. I mean, Recaiden.

Blue Ghost
2009-08-25, 06:03 PM
In the tavern, in the barracks-room, around the empire, the wind sweeps, howling its eerie dirge. DOOM! DOOOOOOOOM!

Lex-Kat
2009-08-25, 06:24 PM
And let's all remember that Blue Ghost is not playing. :smallsmile:

EagleWiz
2009-08-25, 06:36 PM
Murska is still alive? Lets kill him.

Mr. Moon
2009-08-25, 06:39 PM
Thufir. Because I'm far too lazy to RP or do logic right now.

smuchmuch
2009-08-25, 07:08 PM
In one of the courtyard, smuchmuch can't help but stops dead in his tracks, in the middle of his patrol, shudering as the wind howl around him. Being one of the newest recruit of the imperial guard he is much more easily startled than the more experienced soldiers around and the rumours he heard this morning aren't doing anything to calm him down. He carrefully watches around him, scanning the shadows with particular attention.
Funny, I could swear I heard somme kind of Oddity. Probably nothing
Seing nothing, he shakes his head and resume his way.

Lex-Kat
2009-08-26, 02:40 AM
Day 1

Emperor iames Osari had a fitful sleep that night. He hadn't had this bad a time since he was haunted by the ghost of Happyturtle.

He still wondered what happened to that pesky ghost, but was certainly glad to be rid of her. (For more info on the ghost, read Assassins I (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102711) and Assassins II (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110754))

Then he heard a noise in the hall. It... it almost sounded like music. He cautiously stepped out of his room, startling the two guards standing at either side of the door. What is that god-awful noise? He growled.

I'm not sure sir. Do you wish me to investigate?

Emperor Iames glares at the guard. Of course not, you idiot. He looks down the hall aways. You! Yes you, with the stupid ball. Go find out who's making that noise and kill him.

The Lazy Guard stands up and begins to walk toward the noise. He's followed closely by a squirel tied to a string.

It didn't take him long to find the source of the noise. A catboy was playing with a cute little catgirl. The Lazy Guard threw a rock at them and they scampered off.

The noise gone, Emperor Iames Osari went back to bed.

Summary
No players were killed during the day. :smallsmile:

Missed 1 Day
the Bookworm
Evnafets
Szilard

Night 1 Begins
Please Send ALL Night Actions to Lex-kat AND Trixie. Thank you.

billtodamax
2009-08-26, 04:40 AM
What's the numbers needed on that 25% majority, Lex? Assuming a kill tonight?

Thufir
2009-08-26, 06:43 AM
Damn, I forgot the 25% rule.
@^: Since it's rounded down, it'll be 8 people required for a lynch.

banjo1985
2009-08-26, 06:54 AM
Wow, I owe my life to the 25% rule...who'd have thunk it? :smalltongue:

Robert Blackletter
2009-08-26, 12:19 PM
Away till sat/sun as getting married on fri please don't kill me

Dirk Kris
2009-08-26, 12:38 PM
Naila turns in for the evening, sighing, ready to relax after her long shift. Under her armor, she is muscled, wiry, and wears a binding around her chest to make her appear less curvy. She walks heavily, like a man, but her full red lips are very feminine. She removes her armor and puts on a loose, simple tunic over some leggings, and sits down to start the nightly ritual of polishing her armor.

The Bushranger
2009-08-26, 02:14 PM
Having finished her mead, "Eshter" leaves a few coins for her host, then steps out of the tavern, heading down the street as night falls, her cloak pulled up high.

smuchmuch
2009-08-26, 03:37 PM
Through the castle dark corridors, a solitary figure walks, wondering how comme he got stuck with night shift. Again.

OOc: Congrats, Gothicbob

Blue Ghost
2009-08-26, 06:13 PM
Ooh, can I haunt Lord Osari and bring him endless torment like Happyturtle did? Pleeeeeeease?

Lex-Kat
2009-08-26, 07:58 PM
Hmmm. I don't know. Why would Blue Ghost be haunting Emperor Iames Osari?

He wasn't the one who killed him.

Blue Ghost
2009-08-26, 09:03 PM
Ah, it's fine. I probably wouldn't do the role justice anyway. But haunt the kingdom, I will.

UncleWolf
2009-08-26, 09:33 PM
Jericus sighs as he slips into his sleeping clothes. It had been a long day, with even harder work. Sure, he got his own room, but what was it worth to him? All this work, little gratitude, it almost made one question his loyalty, but then again, it kept a roof over his head and a bit of coin in his pocket. He falls back onto his rather small bed and stared at the ceiling for a while.

If only...

The Bushranger
2009-08-26, 10:28 PM
"Eshter" pauses in an alleway, where she can see the Emperor's Palace, and glares at it. Even though her face can't be seen for her hooded cloak, the anger rolling off of her is almost palpable.

Cyrano
2009-08-26, 10:40 PM
D'anna Biers is now Cyrano. Take heed. Should RP be forthcoming, do not expect me to be as eloquent nor as talented.

UncleWolf
2009-08-26, 11:04 PM
Jericus sighs, tired of his self-loathing and self pity. He pulls on some proper clothes and decides to take a walk outside.

The Bushranger
2009-08-26, 11:12 PM
((Shoudn't that be "Cylono"? :smalltongue:))

"Esther" turns away from the trying to burn holes in the palace walls with her eyes, stepping out of the alleyway - and, possibly, running right into Jericus!
Oof!

And landing on her backside, a flash of red hair and a girlish face visible before she yanks her hood back up.

UncleWolf
2009-08-26, 11:16 PM
Jericus statles. "Wh-Oh, its you, my lady." He offers her a hand to help her up. "What the hell are you doing out here at this time of night?"

Lex-Kat
2009-08-26, 11:19 PM
D'anna Biers is now Cyrano. Take heed. Should RP be forthcoming, do not expect me to be as eloquent nor as talented.
Yay!! You're name change doesn't move your position on my chart. :smallsmile:

The Bushranger
2009-08-26, 11:20 PM
...sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going...
She hesitates, then takes the offered hand up.
Jericus might be startled by just how short she is...
Well, like I said, my family used to live here. I was looking around at places we used to li-ah, like to admire.

Recaiden
2009-08-26, 11:21 PM
A figure creeps slowly along the roof of a slightly tall building.

UncleWolf
2009-08-26, 11:27 PM
He doesn't blink at her height. "Well, if you need a place to stay for the night, I know a little shed that isn't used anymore. I'm the only one who goes there as far as I know. Its free to use." He smiles. "Just don't tell Osari I said that."

The Bushranger
2009-08-26, 11:31 PM
In the shadows of Eshter's hood, a small grin can be seen. [size=1]You don't need to worry about that. And...thanks. I'd appreciate that. I do kind of need a place to stay while I'm here. So...lead on?

UncleWolf
2009-08-26, 11:39 PM
Jericus nods and leads her through a nearby forest. The path is long gone, but soon they get to a shed. He holds open the door for her. "There is a small cache of dried food and a few jugs of water. Stay as long as you need to, but I'd avoid the castle." He looks around. "I'll try to check in once in a while, but it won't be often. Good night, my lady." He bows before he leaves.

Soon enough, he is back on his bed, sleeping easily.

Lex-Kat
2009-08-27, 03:32 AM
Night 1

After Jericus leaves, Dani, um Esther, heads out once again.

She searches the town, hoping to hear some rumor, some gossip that will let her know her brother is alive and well.

She enters a small tavern, called the Dragon's Hare. A strange name she thinks. She almost leaves before she gets completely through the door. The main room is filled with Imperial Guards.

But a t second glance, she notices that most of them are well on their way to forgetting the day.

She smiles to herself. There would be no better place to find out what is going on inside the palace.

She heads to the bar and begins to talk with one guard, then another. Not long, and she's sitting with a group of them, hearing all the gossip of how the palace is haunted.

How Emperor Iames "finds" new recruits for assassin training, or a much worse fate, his private harem.

After a few hours goes by, Esther gets up to leave, and none of the guards even tries to stop her. She'd made it quite clear early on that she not only was not to be touched, but that she could stop any who tried.

As she walks toward the door, her mind is singing with information, when she slams into someone.

Hey! Watch it! she says as she falls onto her behind for the second time today, barely keeping her hood up.

She looks up into a pair of piercing green eyes. Eyes she recognizes instantly.

And there is recognition in the eyes that look down at her. And then confusion.

The man lifts Dani up and pulls her outside and around a corner. What are.... I must take you to Master, Dani. You shouldn't have.... I thought you were dead. Shrike looks as if he's torn about what he should do.

But Dani isn't. She slaps him hard across the face. How dare you betray us Shrike. How dare you turn on father when he needed you most.

There is venom in her words. And they bite deep into Shrike's heart. I.. I thought I'd lost everything. You, Mom, Alexis. Even Dad was dead on the inside. I just had to get away. I couldn't stay and watch any more. Shrike begins to cry.

Dani comforts him, letting him cry as she leads him back toward her temporary home.

Once she gets him inside, she tells him about what happened after she "died" and he left.

The next morning, Shrike finds himself being lead out of the city. He is leaving Emperor Iames Osari and his only friend, Murska the Younger.

Murska the Younger may find a note waiting for him, but I'll leave that detail to someone else, if they wish to do so. :smallsmile:

Summary
Shrike (played by Evnafets) has found his sister alive and well. He has left the palace of the Assassin Lord. (Night Killed)

He was a Mason.

Missed 1 Day
the Bookworm
Szilard

Day 2 Begins

banjo1985
2009-08-27, 04:07 AM
Calar passes the lazy guard without paying him any heed. After he almost got lynched yesterday, the large man was trying to keep a low profile. He's even left his bat and ball at home.

"I am taking my job seriously, because guarding Lord Iames is serious business! Yes indeed, no-one will get past me!"

The guard then immediately falls asleep leaning on his spear.

Mordokai
2009-08-27, 04:17 AM
I think I'll go for Murska this time around.

billtodamax
2009-08-27, 04:19 AM
Di you hear? One of Osari's assassins ran away!
They say it was the one that betrayed the princess before!
Apparently he'd been a traitor all along! A double agent!
Oi, be quiet! Shouted the washerwoman. Osari has a foul temper when he's angered, and imagine what'll happen when he hears you lot yammering on about him and his assassins, and note finishing those uniforms! She shouts. I'm going to bring Osari his garb now, and by the time I get back, I expect those clothes washed! She storms out of the room, pausing slightly by the door, as she did every day.
Be safe... She says quietly before continuing on. On her way to Osari's bedchamber she passes a sleeping guard. She gently nudges him, saying quietly:
You better keep more awake today, or Osari'll be at your throat. Before continuing on her way.

((Cyrano))

Oddity
2009-08-27, 05:02 AM
Darthil wakes up from his so-called 'watch' and begins the arduous task of climbing down the tower.
"why anyone would willingly attack this place is beyond me!"
As he nears the bottom of the clock-tower, he hears a shout from the street. Some lunatic had just stolen a woman's purse and was making quick progress through the crowd.
"Help me!"
"Don't you worry ma'am"
Darthil unslings his crossbow and aims at the criminal. He is careful to climb slightly up the ladder so that he has no chance of hitting a member of the crowd.
"HALT THIEF! LAST WARNING! here goes"
He levels the crossbow with the thief's head and fires.
*fhink*
The bolt strikes him in the ankle and causes him to spin into a somersault.
"Hey, what are you doing, you're coming with me. Whats your name?"
"Thufir sir" Yea that's right hes a thief! (Nothing against him, random point)
"Aye? well then, lets see how you enjoy my the watchtower basement"
Too bad that Thufir hadn't been shot in the ankle (just the heel of his sandal),
the vagrant then struggled free and escaped, still holding the woman's purse.
"Whoops, probably should have given that back"
"Ya' think?"

((They hitsded evnafets!))

Dirk Kris
2009-08-27, 06:52 AM
Naila wakes for her first day off in a fortnight. She stretches out on her rough cot, smiling. Finally, a day to relax, hit the tavern, and escape the choking feeling surrounding the castle. She sits up...and frowns. Usually the laundry service had a pile of her clothing just inside the door to her cramped quarters. Today...nothing. She gets up and storms down the hall to the washing room, demanding her things. The maids working don't look her in the eye, but one finally confesses the problem. They had accidentally washed all of her clothing in the vat where they bleach all the fine white tablecloths for the grand dining hall. And they were all stained or riddled with holes from the chemicals. Apologies are muttered, but Naila is NOT pleased. She storms back to her room and growls quietly. All her bindings for her chest were in that load, and everything else aside from her armor, and the tunic and leggings she is wearing now. She checks her reflection in the dirty, cracked mirror of her room and growls. She looks entirely too curvy for her own liking. I'll never get any respect around here if they think of me as soft and girly. Still, unless she wants to be caught in this predicament for good, she needs to go to town and purchase new clothes. She just hopes the tailor is willing to wait until she gets her monthly salary next week for payment. She runs a hand through her short, curly dark hair and storms out, eyes fixed in a glare. They flicker to Oddity briefly, a withering stare that elicits a whimper.

UncleWolf
2009-08-27, 09:16 AM
"Naila, my lady. If you have a moment." Jericus stands in the hallway with a bundle in his arms.

Dirk Kris
2009-08-27, 10:30 AM
Naila pauses in her storming to turn curiously to the butler. "Yes? What is it, Jericus?" She flushes, her cheeks vermillion against her dark, sun-kissed tan. "I don't want people to see me like this." She gestures down at herself.

The Bookworm
2009-08-27, 10:40 AM
I vote for Mordokai to avoid the auto.

Kyouhen
2009-08-27, 10:44 AM
Dirk Kris for no apparent reason.

Thufir
2009-08-27, 10:52 AM
"This report strikes me as something of an Oddity. A common thief, claiming my name? This will not stand. This could very well be connected to these wretched infiltrators!"

Deathslayer7
2009-08-27, 11:21 AM
A young woman dressed in all black clothing walks down the hallway, a bit pleased yet angry at today. Osari himself came into the trainee's quarters today and announced that one of his assassins had betrayed him. If he was ever found, he was to be killed instantly. And a new position had opened up.

Everyone smiled at these words. What might have been a normal competition now grew extremely dangerous.

Calar

The Bushranger
2009-08-27, 11:47 AM
It's quite late in the afternoon by the time "Eshter" returns to the city, her body language indicating a happiness that wasn't there previously, even though the cloak and hood still hides her features completely...

She slips into the Tavern and asks for a small mug of mead, and starts humming to herself as she waits. Pondering if perhaps Murska might be one of those Assassins she hates so much.

Dirk Kris
2009-08-27, 12:20 PM
Naila, having dealt with the tailor and waiting on her new clothes, comes into the tavern. She uses the last of her coins to buy herself a drink - she needs one today. She stretches out her long, muscular legs and runs a hand through her dark, curly hair. Despite her attempts, without the bindings and armor, she's a fairly attractive woman. Likely, even the people who know her - which would be a few of the palace guards - wouldn't realize it was her. She eyes a hooded figure. Because as a guard, that's her job, you know.

The Bushranger
2009-08-27, 12:26 PM
Said hooded figure doesn't seem to notice the attention. The hands, all that's visible, appear to belong to a petite young woman, and she's sipping her mead from time to time, but otherwise she seems to be thinking more than anything else - if her sitting there merely looking straight ahead between drinks is any indication.

Dirk Kris
2009-08-27, 12:34 PM
Naila glances towards the girl and a group of leering men not too far from her. She leans a bit closer and keeps her voice low. "Hey, you alright? None of these guys messed with you or anything, right?" She seems concerned, her scarred hands clenching at the handle of her mug.

The Bushranger
2009-08-27, 12:36 PM
The hood turns a little in Naila's direction; the shadows hide the girl's face, but her voice sounds slightly amused. Nah, they know better than to mess with me. Or they will if they try. But thanks for your concern. In the shadows of the hood, she can barely be made out to be smiling. I'm Eshter. You?

calar
2009-08-27, 01:06 PM
Right back at you Banjo.

UncleWolf
2009-08-27, 01:35 PM
(Ugh, sorry for deadtiming, brother needed me then I had class :smallsigh:)

Jericus returns to doing his daily duties. Naila had certainly looked... different, but he had other tasks to keep his mind busy. Namely, cooking today's meals.

Jericus tosses some wood into the stove and begins to sing as he cooks...

Tim Finnegan lived in Watling Street
A gentle Irishman mighty odd
He'd a beautiful brogue so rich and sweet
To rise in the world he carried a hod
You see he'd sort of a tippling way
with love for a liquor poor Tim was born
To help him on with his work every day
He'd a drop of the Craythor every morn' ...

Deathslayer7
2009-08-27, 01:56 PM
Lisa tip toes into the kitchen hearing Jericus's singing. She'll wait patiently until Jericus turns arounds then smiles.

Hi Jerry! she says, with a grin on her face. She loved calling him that cause she knew it agitated him a bit.

UncleWolf
2009-08-27, 01:59 PM
Today, he doesn't seem to mind. He pauses his singing, but continues to chop veggies for stew. "Hello Lisa. If you are looking for food, there is some fruit in the cabinet. Anything other than that will have to wait."

Deathslayer7
2009-08-27, 02:02 PM
Lisa makes a face. Fruit? You know I don't like fruit. she says teasing him. Either way she'll head over to the cabinet and pulls out an apple.

Noticing the stew she asks. Stew again? Come on Jerry... she whines. We had that two days ago. She takes a bite out of the apple after she says this.

UncleWolf
2009-08-27, 02:06 PM
"Don't worry, I'll make this one completely differently." He looks around and gestures towards an unlabeled bottle on a shelf. "Hand me that please."

Deathslayer7
2009-08-27, 02:08 PM
Lisa eyes the unlabeled bottle and heads over to it and grabs it. As she returns and is about to give him the bottle, she pauses. You wouldn't happen to be trying to poison us now would you? she says looking at him, a smile on her face.

UncleWolf
2009-08-27, 02:14 PM
He smiles. "Of course not. Just you." He pulls the cork out of the bottle and takes a quick pull before dumping it into the cauldron. He sets the bottle down. "Don't worry, it was just to sweeten it up."

Deathslayer7
2009-08-27, 02:22 PM
Lisa leans back against the table. You know Jerry? I think the only reason you make stews is because you don't know how to make anything else. Some days you make roast or something, but it's not that hard to make a roast. Didn't you ever learn how to cook, and i mean truly cook. She looks at his back to see if she vexes him.

UncleWolf
2009-08-27, 02:37 PM
He clutches his chest in mock hurt. "Real cooking? You want to see real cooking?" He grins. "I'll show you real cooking..." He starts to sing a different tune and starts to chop, skin, and butcher things in a seemingly random order.

"Her breath began to speak
As she stood right in front of me
The colour of her eyes
Were the colour of insanity
Crushed beneath her wave
Like a ship, I could not reach her shore
We're all just dancers on the Devil's Dance Floor..."

Deathslayer7
2009-08-27, 02:48 PM
Lisa can't help but giggle. You always did sing the stupidest songs i ever heard, but that's what I like about you. She leans up and gives him a kiss on the cheek before leaving. Bye Jerry! I'll see you at dinner! Ironically enough, she hums the tune to herself for the rest of the day.

UncleWolf
2009-08-27, 02:59 PM
He chuckles as she leaves and sings on, louder than before. He scoops all of the veggies out of the cauldron and mashes them into a paste for crackers later. Afterwards, he dumps the cut chicken, beef, and lamb into the purple broth.

I bang on the door but you won't let me in,
'cause you're sick and tired of me reeking of gin.
Locked all the doors from the front to the back,
And left me a note telling me I should pack...

Murska
2009-08-27, 03:13 PM
Oddity. Someone post that note so I can RP my reaction?

Also, BR...
Pondering if perhaps Murska might be one of those Assassins she hates so much.

Well, duh. :smallbiggrin:

Both Murskas are assassins.

UncleWolf
2009-08-27, 03:54 PM
Jericus is now enjoying his mood as he starts to dance and spin throughout the kitchen, flipping knives, ingredients, and spices through the air. He continues to sing.

Dirk Kris
2009-08-27, 04:04 PM
The hood turns a little in Naila's direction; the shadows hide the girl's face, but her voice sounds slightly amused. Nah, they know better than to mess with me. Or they will if they try. But thanks for your concern. In the shadows of the hood, she can barely be made out to be smiling. I'm Eshter. You?
Naila returns the ghost of a smile. "Naila. Newest member of the newest batch of 'guards' at the palace." Big air quotes there. "No wonder Lord Osari is so worried - most of them aren't fit to watch the grass grow." She turns her head and spits, her disdain clear.

The Bushranger
2009-08-27, 04:07 PM
((^_^))

It's a good thing Naila looked away, that means she missed the expression of fury that crossed "Eshter's" face at the mention of her occupation.
Schooling her emotions, the hooded girl nods neutrally. Yeah. It would seem that way. I heard one of them even ran away last night - although I've also heard it was one of his Assassins themselves who did the running. You know anything about that?

Guancyto
2009-08-27, 04:11 PM
Another one of the guardsmen passes the lazy oaf Banjo. He glances about furtively, making sure his target is asleep and that no one is watching. Satisfied that no one will stop him before it is too late, he surreptitiously draws his implement.

A few minutes later, his work is done and he sets back to patrolling. The large guard now has googly eyes and a silly mustache marked on his face. In ink.

Thufir
2009-08-27, 04:21 PM
Thufir comes up to Banjo and wakes him with a rough shove to the shoulder.
"Lazy ingrate! Fool! Look!" Thufir produces a mirror and puts it in front of Banjo's face. "Is this what you want? You want the Imperial Guard to be a laughing stock? Go wash that off, and get back to your damn duty."
He stalks off, pinching the bridge of his nose briefly.

evnafets
2009-08-27, 04:46 PM
A winner is me! Killed before I even got to post in thread!

Obviously I am THAT scary... :smallconfused:

Dirk Kris
2009-08-27, 05:07 PM
Naila shakes her shaggy head. "No, just the same rumors as everyone else. An assassin left, someone smuggled a girl out of the harem, a guard went AWOL, whatever." She shrugs and takes a long swallow from her mug...the last swallow. "Whatever. Apparently I'm not important enough to be actually TOLD anything. And I was off-duty last night, so...to hell with 'em. Best of luck, whoever you are." She raises her empty mug in a salute and turns it upside down to let the last heady, bubbly dreg spill out onto the floor.

The Bushranger
2009-08-27, 05:10 PM
"Eshter" chuckles, softly, to herself, knowing the whole story.
Yours is not to question why, yours is just to do and die, huh? She nods, raising her glass. To the grunts. And downs the last of her mead.

Dirk Kris
2009-08-27, 05:16 PM
Naila chuckles bitterly. "Yeah, I guess you could say I've had something of a death wish for a long time now." She rubs idly at her arm, and Esther can see for the first time old burn scars, long healed, but still shiny and streaking up the woman's arms.

UncleWolf
2009-08-27, 05:24 PM
Jericus laughs as he throws a fifth knife into the wall as he cooks. The stew was coming along nicely and the rich smell starts to drift down the halls...

Heroic
2009-08-27, 05:31 PM
I'll point at Banjo

happyturtle
2009-08-27, 05:32 PM
Peter Raven walks into the kitchen and helps himself to a bowl of stew and a couple of day old rolls. He was glad that Shrike had deserted. If his loyalties were questionable, then it was good to have him as far from Emperor Osari as possible.

UncleWolf
2009-08-27, 05:37 PM
Jericus scowls at Peter, but lets him take a bowl of stew. He continues his antics as he cooks the rest.

Dirk Kris
2009-08-27, 05:39 PM
Finally, Naila heads back to the castle. She passes the kitchen and smiles at Jericus' antics. "Tell you what - you're so entertaining, how about we have dinner the next night I'm off-duty? It would be a nice change from dining alone in my quarters." Without waiting for an answer, she strolls into her room and dons her armor for duty.

UncleWolf
2009-08-27, 05:51 PM
Jericus almost drops the 6 knives and the tomato he had been juggling, stunned. He would have said yes if his jaw had worked and if she had still been there.

He grins. "Tomorrow it is." He grabs a nearby wine bottle and starts to fill up the wineglasses for dinner with his usual flair. He makes sure to set some stew and wine aside.

He begins to set the table in the Grand Hall.

Blue Ghost
2009-08-27, 06:01 PM
*gloats*
...sigh... I cannot do such intensive RPing. Go Team Good!

Irbis
2009-08-27, 06:16 PM
Deathslayer7 is suspicious. I wonder what's his role in this commotion is? Maybe he has some kind of nasty night action? :smallamused:

Deathslayer7
2009-08-27, 06:36 PM
Deathslayer7 is suspicious. I wonder what's his role in this commotion is? Maybe he has some kind of nasty night action? :smallamused:

or maybe you do for mentioning it. :smallamused:

While Jericus is preparing the grand hall for dining, Lisa will steal borrow a bowl of stew herself.

smuchmuch
2009-08-27, 06:47 PM
In the guard dorm, one iof the guard is trying to find sleep after a particulary long shift. Still with the rumours he has a particulary hard time to put his mind at ease. If even the assassin, Lord Iames Ossari most trusted agents, started to desert, maybe it was time for simple guards to reconsider their career choices.
Maybe I should have became a bard, like I wanted.

Just out of curiosity he grabs a banjo and starts singing the ever popular balad " ♫ One mead, one ale and one beer". he stops abruptly after five seconds, making a face at the sound of his own singing
"I think i'll stick to hurting peoples with spears. It's lmore humane that way."

UncleWolf
2009-08-27, 06:59 PM
Jericus spots Lisa, but doesn't seem to care at the moment. He sets the cauldron of deep purple stew onto the dining table and sets out the dishes.

He takes a bowl and pours some of the hot stew into it, setting it against a glass of wine. After he sets those on a platter, he hits the gong to announce dinner to all those who are off duty.

After doing so, he takes the platter and leaves.

Lord Iames Osari
2009-08-27, 08:30 PM
((Grar. Whose bright idea was it to kill off the person I was RPing as?))

The Note to Murska the Younger:

Murska -

I can't tell you much, but you're my friend, and you deserve to know at least a little.

I met my sister last night. Mechafox and the Princess are alive, and they're coming after the Emperor. I won't tell you where they are, because they're my family and I don't want to lose them, but if you stand in their way you'll be killed, and I don't want to lose my friend either. If you leave the capital now and stop helping the Emperor, they promise not to go after you. Please, don't make them kill you.

Your Friend,

Shrike

Lex-Kat
2009-08-27, 08:40 PM
((Grar. Whose bright idea was it to kill off the person I was RPing as?))
I would tell you, but it'd ruin the game. :smalltongue:

Reinholdt
2009-08-27, 08:46 PM
Reinholdt works his way back to the shooting range, again honing his skills to become the greatest sniper in all the land.
*bang*
*ding*

He didn't have to work very hard. But there were all manner of new ideas he was coming up with. A true sniper could do so much more than hit a target from afar.

In fact...
"Hey! What're you doing out there?! Get off the range you crazy Calar! You trying to get shot?"

Reinholdt shook his head. Lunatics.

The Bushranger
2009-08-27, 08:48 PM
"Eshter" does notice the scars, but doesn't comment on them, instead merely nodding before paying for her drink and heading out onto the streets, wandering in the direction of the marketplace.

Recaiden
2009-08-27, 08:52 PM
Calar. THat's all for now.

Aemoh
2009-08-28, 12:55 AM
*points at Heroic*

Just a quick random point.

smuchmuch
2009-08-28, 01:17 AM
Having heard the gong, the insomaniac soldier heads to the kitchen.
They say you can guess the greatness of an army by the quality of the meals. The worst it is, the angrier the soldier, the more dangerous the army.
Taking a bowl ,he pours himself somme stew, takes a looong look at the contents and sighs.
"If we are such a great army, how comme we haven't conquered the world yet ?"

UncleWolf
2009-08-28, 01:33 AM
((Hey! I'll have you know that the stew is a prime specimen! Its only purple because of the beets used in it, sweetened with a special brew of mead, filled with chunks of meat and countless herbs and spices. THANK YOU VERY MUCH! :smalltongue:))

banjo1985
2009-08-28, 04:24 AM
I hate to say this, as it will prbably lead to my own demise, but at the moment we're in for another day of no lynch, which only helps the assassins. If we don't badwagon someone, it'll be another day of no information, and another free night kill for the guys or girls in black.

If you're looking for a bandwagon target I'm top of the current votes I believe. At least if we start lynching people it'll think the flock of prospective suspects.

Opeth_Freak
2009-08-28, 04:51 AM
Calar seems to have enough votes as well, to make a bandwagon...

billtodamax
2009-08-28, 06:25 AM
((Calar))

Delila heads into the kitchen for her meal.
Evening Jericus, smells good as always. I'll take Lord Osari and that little chit of a girl's meals into them, if you want. She says, slightly desperate.

Fleeing Coward
2009-08-28, 06:43 AM
We want to lynch Calar?

RedScholarGypsy
2009-08-28, 06:48 AM
banjo no time to rp. Stupid long work days.

Murska
2009-08-28, 07:09 AM
Murska -

I can't tell you much, but you're my friend, and you deserve to know at least a little.

I met my sister last night. Mechafox and the Princess are alive, and they're coming after the Emperor. I won't tell you where they are, because they're my family and I don't want to lose them, but if you stand in their way you'll be killed, and I don't want to lose my friend either. If you leave the capital now and stop helping the Emperor, they promise not to go after you. Please, don't make them kill you.

Your Friend,

Shrike

Murska the Younger heads to his room in the morning, checking the certain measures he had taken to prevent anyone from entering. Shrike, who knew the way in safely, had been there. Everything else was untouched, but something felt a bit off to him, regardless. He had gotten this feeling more often lately, and he didn't like it...

He walks into the room, carefully replacing his traps and markers. The note on the table catches his attention as the only thing that had changed. He walks up to the table and reads it...

His face goes pale. They...

Conflicting feelings. His friend had gone, and he wasn't really on the Emperor's side in many political questions, although some of his reforms had indeed been good for the country.

But there they were, the ones who had caused the death of his mother. Overwhelming anger replaced his sorrow. They would pay for it...

--- Meanwhile ---

Murska the Elder was sitting in the tavern. He had snuck into the room of his namesake after seeing Shrike visit it and then heard of him leaving. He had already been keeping an eye on his 'replacement' out of interest, so he knew how to bypass his traps. He had read the note, aswell, and it confirmed his suspicions. The next scene of the fight for the throne was on.

UncleWolf
2009-08-28, 07:52 AM
Jericus nods. "Its already set to the side, next to the stove." He continues making his way through the halls, making a mental note to check on Osari and the girl when he was done, just in case. Entering a room, he sets down the meal, covering it to keep it warm. He quickly leaves Naila's room and heads back to the kitchen.

calar
2009-08-28, 10:29 AM
What he heck did I do to get bandwagoned? :smalleek:

Lord Iames Osari
2009-08-28, 02:05 PM
Nothing, Calar. We need information, and you're the closest to being lynched. It's nothing personal.

Fawkes
2009-08-28, 02:23 PM
Calar to ensure a lynch. Can't go lynchless on day 2, can we?

Thufir
2009-08-28, 02:29 PM
By my count, calar now has 9 votes against him, which is over the 25% mark. Just so's you know.

Fawkes
2009-08-28, 02:47 PM
Yeah, I don't have time for counting.

Cyrano
2009-08-28, 02:52 PM
Well, we wouldn't want to quit while we're ahead, would we Calarbaby?

billtodamax
2009-08-28, 04:16 PM
Will do. Says Delila, as she departs with the food. She enters the room of the girl first. Keeping her head down, she places the food on a table, as Osari instructed. As she sets it down, however, she turns her head to the girl, catching an up close glimpse. Were those... bruises? The bastard! He'd been beating her again! Delila storms out of the room as the girl starts to eat her soup.

calar
2009-08-28, 04:52 PM
Well that was short, still cant figure out why you guys bandwagoned me when Banjo had more votes at the time. Whatever, I'm not a power position anyway (I think).

Heroic
2009-08-28, 08:00 PM
I'll point at calar

banjo1985
2009-08-29, 06:13 AM
Well that was short, still cant figure out why you guys bandwagoned me when Banjo had more votes at the time. Whatever, I'm not a power position anyway (I think).

Sorry Calar, I fully expected my comment to cause my own demise, but it seems like the bandwagon has found you instead. :smallfrown:

Thufir
2009-08-29, 08:05 AM
I'm away 'til tuesday evening.

The Bookworm
2009-08-29, 08:19 AM
Calarwagon.

Guancyto
2009-08-29, 09:43 AM
Huh. Where'd that wagon come from?

Well, can't be the wolves, there are only two of them, so... calar.

Mr. Moon
2009-08-29, 06:40 PM
((Whoever this Calar guy is... Sorry, dude.))

Walking into the main room of the tavern that seems to be so popular is a red-haired girl, garbed in a loose brown robe, and leaning against a plain, wood staff about a foot taller than she was. The girl, named Alley, was a diviner, who worked freelance, reading people's fortunes for food and sometimes even money. As the girl walks, one might pick up a sort of tiredness in her eyes - a wary distrust of anyone and everyone around her.

She stops, looking around for a table, and eventually picks one near the wall, sitting with her back to it. She reaches into one sleeve and pulls out a deck of cards, and begins to shuffle them.

The Bushranger
2009-08-29, 06:55 PM
A few minutes later "Eshter", the short girl with the raised hood that completely hides her face, slips into the tavern and takes a seat at a corner table, ordering meat and potatoes and a small mug of mead. Her hood bobs in the direction of the tired-looking redhead.

Lex-Kat
2009-08-30, 12:05 AM
Well, either Trixie will write the End of Day Narration when s/he gets on tomorrow, or I'll do it when I get on tomorrow. Whichever comes first. :smallbiggrin:

Dirk Kris
2009-08-30, 12:25 AM
Due to some re-arranging of the schedule, Naila finds that she has the next day and night off again. She combs her fingers through her wildly curly hair and leaves a note in the kitchen requesting Jericus' presence in her quarters whenever he is available to take a meal. Pacing the halls to make sure they are empty, she quickly sheds her tunic and leggings and washes them in the laundry room. She puts them back on, still wet, long enough to get to her room. There, she undresses and hangs them over the back of her only chair to dry so she will have something clean - if not new - to wear tomorrow.

Trixie
2009-08-30, 05:28 AM
Well, either Trixie will write the End of Day Narration when s/he gets on tomorrow, or I'll do it when I get on tomorrow. Whichever comes first. :smallbiggrin:

Yes, yes. Let me count the votes first.

And write the narration.

It might take a few moments.

Anyway, day is closed.

Just five minutes more.

Fin
2009-08-30, 09:16 AM
Hey hey hey! Back from holiday and I am immediately jumping on the Calar wagon!

Kyouhen
2009-08-30, 09:21 AM
Hey hey hey! Back from holiday and I am immediately jumping on the Calar wagon!

Welcome back Fin! Might I say I find it suspicious that you're joining a bandwagon after the day has ended? :smalltongue:

Trixie
2009-08-30, 09:47 AM
@Fin: It seems no one reads what I wrote :|

Let's see... Clear majority, no vote changing roles (I think), more then 25%... Everything seems to check out. Oh, and Vettel was third :smalltongue:

It was a standard, dark, gloomy, etcetera night, standard creepy mansion from the beginning of the century. A few imperial guards stationed here, at early warning post, tried to warm themselves by sitting as close the bonfire as possible.

Well, all, except one. He was doing something at the far end of the room, lit only by one candle. Sounds of sawing, hammering and cutting were the only thing keeping most of the present awake. Then...

Look, guys, you won't believe what I just invented!

Weary silence was the only response. Finally, someone asked:

What?

Come here! It's a machine that will make our worries go away!

What, it dispenses cannabis?

No! Even better! No one will be able to infiltrate us now!

Slowly, the group rose from the bored slumber and gathered around the weird contraption.

So? How does it work? Someone finally asked.

Oh, that's the best part - The inventor said, his face alight with pride. - You simply order the suspects to sit here, glue this electrode (another invention) to his arm, and ask him "are you the traitor"? It he is...

His arm pointed to barrel underneath the chair.

This shaped charge (which I just invented as well) made out of fifty pounds of black powder will paint the ceiling with his innards.

And it is safe to bystanders?

Absolutely!

And it never fails?

Not a chance!

If so... - Before the lone guy had a chance to respond, he was grabbed, pushed into a chair and bound. Everyone around smiled at the sudden chance to kill (ahem) time.

Are you the traitor? - Someone asked in pleasant, sweet tone.

Before anyone had a chance to react, a sudden roar like that of a million angry lemmings deafened everyone, and a pillar of light blinded them for a good measure, too. Thick cloud of smoke definitely didn't helped, either, making everyone cough like possessed.

Five minutes later, when most soldiers regained enough senses to look around, someone pointed at ceiling.

Huh, nice one. I bet some of the cubist or impressionist lovers would pay a lot for something like this, heh.

Sooo... he was a traitor?

Someone couched, and picked a piece of machinery from the ground.

Nah, he just forget to compensate for inverted static charge, here. A common mistake, really, especially if something wasn't tested before.

Anyone has idea how this thing worked?

All gathered shrugged.

Pity, this one really had potential.

Slowly, soldiers returned to fire, to wait for the night to pass...

Calar was Imperial Guard! 'Was' is very fitting word :smalltongue:

Night begins. If I happen to update that as well, I won't include any actions not sent to me. You have been warned.

happyturtle
2009-08-30, 09:53 AM
*giggle* Jericus is going to have fun cleaning that up.

Nice narration, Trixie. :smallsmile:

Dirk Kris
2009-08-30, 10:05 AM
Agreed. Narration was amusing. But if Jericus misses our dinner date because of this... *growl*

UncleWolf
2009-08-30, 11:22 AM
Jericus whistled happily to himself as he walked back to his room from the kitchen. He was halfway there when something dripped onto his shoulder. Reaching for the wet spot on his shoulder, he discovers that it is blood. He looks up.

He bursts out into yelling. "Dammit! I swear, if whichever guards did this makes me late, I will gut you all myself! Now get in here and clean this mess before I decide to grab a cleaver instead of a mop! If this is still here in 5 minutes, consider yourself stew!"

He angrily walks off to find a rather large bucket, ladder, and a mop.

The Bookworm
2009-08-30, 09:07 PM
I'm going on vacation until next Sunday, roadtripping around Maine. I may have some internet, but it'll be spotty.

Oddity
2009-08-31, 01:45 AM
"Here goes - bloody clock tower"
Evidently the novelty of the job had worn off
"Stupid long haul, why oh why did Calar have to die and leave the rest of us longer shifts?"

Dirk Kris
2009-08-31, 07:36 AM
*ahem*
Jericus might want to find the note left in the kitchen. Might take his mind off the mess left behind by the guard's untimely demise.

UncleWolf
2009-08-31, 08:01 AM
*ahem*
Jericus might want to find the note left in the kitchen. Might take his mind off the mess left behind by the guard's untimely demise.

((He already did, he was on the way back when he found the mess.))

Jericus grumbled, as always, the ones responsible for the mess had run off. "Know what, screw this, its my first night off in forever, and cleaning one body a week was part of my contract, not two. Someone else can do it." He abandons the bucket and the half cleaned ceiling and enters his room. After changing into his best, he makes his way to Naila's room and knocks.

((EDIT: Heading to classes. Don't do too much without me. :smallwink:))

Dirk Kris
2009-08-31, 10:19 AM
Naila opens the door, a pleased smile touching her lips. She steps aside to allow Jericus entry to her cramped quarters. "I was starting to wonder if my invitation was going to be accepted or not." She is wearing a tunic over some leggings again, far more flattering on her body than she cares for. But until that damnable tailor finishes my new clothes, it's better than being naked. She closes the door and sits on her cot, offering Jericus the only available chair. The room is simple, sparsely decorated. She has a small woodstove for warmth, the single chair, a narrow cot for sleeping, and a window that faces the west. It allows the setting sun to shine in and lights the room with an orange glow. In the corner is Naila's armor, of an older style, but obviously well cared for. "So, Jericus, how long have you been working here? And what brought you to this life?" She smiles warmly, pulling her arms slightly higher in her sleeves to try and hide her ugly burn scars.

UncleWolf
2009-08-31, 11:50 AM
He smiles as he takes his seat. "I'd never turn down an invitation. Especially, from you. Sorry for the delay, there was a... spill that had to be taken care of." He is also dressed rather simply. His short sleeves showing a rather complicated design of lines tattooed into his right arm. Jericus sighs. "As to how I came to work here, I was born into it I guess. My father used to be a caretaker here, and now I am." He looks at her. "And you?"

Lex-Kat
2009-08-31, 11:51 AM
After Jericus angrily stomps to enjoy his night off, one of the Guards shrugs his shoulders and heads over to the mop and bucket.

This really is disgusting you guys. He says after he places his spear to one side.

He then climbs up the ladder and begins to clean the mess.

The other two just turn and look back at the fire.

After some time passes, they get up to make their rounds.

When they get back, they notice Lucas is kinda quiet, but don't pay him any attention. He must really be getting into it. one of them jokes.

Then they continue to talk about their lives.

Then they begin to wonder what was taking him so long. One of them gets up and looks up at him.

Hey Lucas, what's taking you so..... He finds Lucas staring wide-eyed back at him. His spear shoved through his neck and entombed into the ceiling above.

They're here!!! He yells out. Raise the alarm!!

As the guards run about searching for the killers, they don't notice as one of their newer members grins up at his handiwork.

MechaFox was killed during the night. He was an imperial guard.

Day 3 Begins.

Missed 1 Day
EagleWiz
Gothicbob
MOD
Shadowcaller
Wolfbane

Missed 2 Days
Szilard

Does anyone know if Szilard filed an away notice and I missed it?