PDA

View Full Version : Bardic Music

quick_comment
2009-08-14, 12:37 PM
The SRD doesnt say if bardic music extraordinary, supernatural or spell like.

If it isnt spell like, is there any way to make it so?

Im trying to take violate spell like ability for dragonfire inspiration, so it can remain useful at higher levels where everyone and their bastard children are immune to elements.

Olo Demonsbane
2009-08-14, 12:45 PM
If you dip a level of sorcerer, you can take the feat "Draconic Heritage (Battle Dragon)" to make your Dragonfire Inspiration deal sonic damage.

quick_comment
2009-08-14, 12:48 PM
Thats my backup plan, but its not good enough.

This is for epic levels. Any caster worth his spellbook is going to be able to become immune or highly resistant to sonic at the drop of a hat.

Vile or divine damage? Not so easy.

RTGoodman
2009-08-14, 12:49 PM
I believe you would have to go by each individual musical effecct. Countersong and Inspire courate are Supernatural, whereas Fascinate and Suggestions are Spell-Like. See the description of each effect (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/classes/bard.htm) to determine which it is.

Random832
2009-08-14, 12:53 PM
Or, for easy reference here:

Countersong (Su)
Fascinate (Sp)
Inspire Courage (Su)
Inspire Competence (Su)
Suggestion (Sp)
Inspire Greatness (Su)
Song of Freedom (Sp)
Inspire Heroics (Su)
Mass Suggestion (Sp)

quick_comment
2009-08-14, 12:56 PM
Dragonfire Inspiration specifically works off inspire courage. So is there any way to convert a supernatural ability to a spell like one? Sort of a reverse supernatural transformation?

Jack Zander
2009-08-14, 02:27 PM
The general rule is that spell-like abilities mimic spells. Supernatural abilities are more unique. I don't think there is any way to change them around, but I don't know for sure.

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-08-14, 04:12 PM
Thats my backup plan, but its not good enough.

This is for epic levels. Any caster worth his spellbook is going to be able to become immune or highly resistant to sonic at the drop of a hat.

Vile or divine damage? Not so easy.Force Dragon, then.