PDA

View Full Version : New weapon type, new feats, new items to match. PEACH me! (3.5)

Ouranos
2009-08-14, 12:41 PM
The Weapon Chain attachment

This 5 foot length of metal chainlinks is made from steel, mithril, or adamantine, granting the attached warforged a +4 bonus to resist disarm attempts and making retreiving a fallen or dropped wepaon a free action. If the Warforged takes the Exotic weapon profficiency feat approriate to the weapon type, he unlocks extra abilities as well.

Exotic Weapon profficiency (Chain Axe) (Applies to any 1 or 2 handed axe)

Prerequisite: Warforged

Benefits:
1. This feat allows a Warforged the ability to, once per round while wielding a Chain Axe, the ability to do a whirlwind swing, granting one attack at his highest melee attack bonus against all targets 5 feet away from him, provided he has no targets directly adjacent to him. Increase by 5 feet for every 5 feet over normal the Warforged may have.

2. Should the weapon chain or the attached axe be broken or seperated, the Warforged can still use the chain as a weapon, allowing him to deal 1d6 Bludgeoning damage and granting him +2 to disarm checks while wielding the chain as his weapon.

Example: Warforged is standing in a round room, with no opponents directly in melee with him, but surrounded on all sides 5 feet distant. He uses this feat, attacking all enemies by swinging the axe at the end of the chain in a wide circle. Using this ability is a full-round action.

Exotic Weapon profficiency (Chain Spear) (Applies to any spear-style weapon)

Prerequisite: Warforged

Benefits:
1. This feat allows a Warforged using a Chain Spear Weapon to, once per round while using a Chain Spear, to make a single attack at a target up to 10 feet away that he has clear line of sight on as a ranged touch attack, due to the large and armor-penetrating strength of his weapon. If the attack is succesful, it deals normal damage for the attack, and allows a Strength Check. If the strength check exceeds the target's flat-footed AC, deal an additional 1d6 Bleeding damage. This is a standard action, and cannot be used in conjunction with a full attack. Not affected by Haste or any other spell or ability which may grant extra actions/attacks.

Example: Warforged is standing in a round room, with a target in melee in front of him and a target 10 feet distant to his right. He may attack either the target in front of him with any of his normal options, or make a single attack against the foe to his right and still make a move action.

2. Should the weapon chain or the attached spear be broken or seperated, the Warforged can still use the chain as a weapon, allowing him to deal 1d6 Bludgeoning damage and granting him +2 to disarm checks while wielding the chain as his weapon.

New item: Forged Harness

This large Guisarme runs from wrist to shoulder of the wearer's dominant arm, and is a heavy leather sleeve with steel plates attached, granting the wearer a +1 shield bonus that does not stack with an actual shield. It is further augmented by a harness of leather that buckles around the torso, granting the user strength and stability enough to qualify as a Warforged for the Chain Weapon bonuses and feats while wearing it. Takes up the bracer slot on the arm equipped.

Thoughts?

DracoDei
2009-08-14, 02:23 PM
Nice mental images.

Chain Spear has a problem: Turn attack actions into touch attacks? That alone is more than worth a feat, never mind the bonus damage and extra reach. Drop that aspect or say that the explosive force gives a -3 to hit or something... also, make it 15' or 20' range (possibly both, as per a large sized reach weapon) if you are putting it on a long-spear.

In general, you are going to need to reword the feats to take into account warforged of sizes other than small and medium (I am sure they can happen somehow, despite the fact that Warforged are illegal targets for Enlarge Person IIRC).

Are you sure you meant to specific "guisarme" for the harness when you have no associated exotic weapon feat?

Ouranos
2009-08-14, 02:37 PM
You're right, it does need some cleanup. The spear weapon is meant for any spear-type weapon, such as trident, not just reach weapons, and it already is limited to just one attack per round, meaning you can only do it once even at high levels when you can have 4 attacks, and even haste won't affect it, though that wording should be included. I do need to add sizing. And the gauntlet-harness is all one peice, the entire arm is covered by leather with metal plates, with buckles that strap across the chest and back for stability, and all it does is grant someone the ability to use these feats IF they take them and IF they wear the peice.

Ouranos
2009-08-14, 08:17 PM
Edited abit to better reflect intent, would love some more opinions.

Dragon Elite
2009-08-14, 08:21 PM
Seems good. I want to use them, but I never play warforged

DracoDei
2009-08-14, 08:33 PM
Seems good. I want to use them, but I never play warforged
... that is what the harness if for...

Ouranos
2009-08-14, 08:49 PM
yeah, with the harness ANYONE can take the feats and use them. I might consider adding a penalty for using it as other races, but not certain yet.

Dragon Elite
2009-08-14, 09:14 PM
Oops. Well, yay :biggrin:

Ouranos
2009-08-15, 01:34 PM
So no other comments?