PDA

View Full Version : Ashen Husk [Template] [3.5]

The Mentalist
2009-08-14, 03:07 PM
This is a creature from page 137 of Sandstorm as a template. (All undead should be templates) Please tell me where I need to fix and re-word things.

Ashen Husk Template
An Ashen Husk is a creature that died of thirst.
This Template may be applied to any living, corporeal creature.

Type: changes to Undead
AC: +2 Natural Armor
Stats: + 6 Str, -2 Dex, Con -, Int -,

Attacks The creature retains all natural attacks; if it has none it gains a slam attack

{table=head]Size|Damage
Fine|
1|
Diminutive|
1d2|
Tiny|
1d3|
Small|
1d4|
Medium|
1d6|
Large|
1d8|
Huge|
2d6|
Gargantuan|
2d8|
Colossal|
4d6|[/table]

Special Qualities: The creature gains the following:
DR 5/Slashing
Dehydrating Aura: The Ashen Husk gives off a 10' (+5' per 3 HD) radius emanation that deals 1d4 per 2 HD of dessication damage, any creature caught in this emanation must make a DC (10+1/2+Cha mod) or become fatigued
Create Spawn: Any creature killed by the Ashen Husk's Dehydrating Aura rises as an Ashen Husk in 1d4 days
Unholy Toughness:As a bonus feat
CR+2
LA-

Creation: This template may be applied via the Create Undead spell

DracoDei
2009-08-14, 03:12 PM
I agree with your comment that all undead should be templates (although I also created the exceptions that prove that particular rule).

I know it is boringly obvious, but you probably need the table that tells you what the die size for the slam attack is.

Is heat damage the same as fire damage? If so you should probably differentiate your fluff from your crunch in such a case.

The Mentalist
2009-08-14, 03:19 PM
Unfortunately heat damage is not the same a fire damage (generic grumble about Wizards' and their fondness of new damage types we'll never see again)

I'm working on a table now.

DracoDei
2009-08-14, 03:30 PM
You also need the CR adjustment, (even if you decided it would be +0).

The Mentalist
2009-08-14, 03:32 PM
DOH!

This is why I ask for advice.

Debihuman
2009-08-14, 03:33 PM
Rather than heat damage, it should be desiccation damage as that already exists.

Debby

The Mentalist
2009-08-14, 03:37 PM
So does heat damage as of Sandstorm; Dessication works better though, thanks.