hawkboy772042
2009-08-14, 05:31 PM
Anybody from Israel in here? I'm residing there now

Nameless
2009-08-14, 05:37 PM
I lived there 'till I was 8, dunno if that counts. :smalltongue:

Lupy
2009-08-14, 05:38 PM
The current rule is that we have to have Continent itp threads as opposed to country ones. I would recommend starting an Asia or Middle East thread and talking about Israel there. Just my 2 cents.

Nameless
2009-08-14, 05:45 PM
@Lupy: Agreed, wasn't there already one actually?

{Scrubbed}

That's gonna open up something bad...

Totally Guy
2009-08-14, 05:48 PM
The current rule is that we have to have Continent itp threads as opposed to country ones.

I believe that the continent threads were changed to hemisphere ones. I'd say you should create "Northern Hemisphere in the Playground" if you want to discuss Israel.:smalltongue:

Coming soon: People of any height in the playground.

Nameless
2009-08-14, 05:51 PM
I believe that the continent threads were changed to hemisphere ones. I'd say you should create "Northern Hemisphere in the Playground" if you want to discuss Israel.:smalltongue:

Hey, "Europe ITP" killed the "Britain ITP" thread, Hell knows what will happen if we do it that way. :smalltongue:

Cyrano
2009-08-14, 05:51 PM

+^

We may as well just go "World in the playground" and have everyone point and laugh at Phase. Cut out the middlemen.

{Scrubbed}

Ooh, politics. Good ca - wait. Oh wait no. No stop. I, this...no. I'm not entirely sure what you expected.

Nameless
2009-08-14, 05:58 PM
+^

We may as well just go "World in the playground" and have everyone point and laugh at Phase. Cut out the middlemen.

*LAWL'z at Phase* :smalltongue:

hawkboy772042
2009-08-14, 05:58 PM
I would start the Middle East ITP thread, but Israel isn't exactly middle east nor is it part of Europe... I don't think I need to explain why.

Totally Guy
2009-08-14, 06:00 PM

I tell you, next time somebody starts a thread such as "Rollerscaters in the Playground" we might have to ask them to change it slightly so that those of us that can't rollerscate can join in the discussion too.

Dragonrider
2009-08-14, 06:01 PM
I went to Haifa for two weeks last year. :smalltongue:

'Twas cool.

Cyrano
2009-08-14, 06:01 PM
I would start the Middle East ITP thread, but Israel isn't exactly middle east nor is it part of Europe... I don't think I need to explain why.

Because Western Asia is not necessarily synonymous with the term Middle East?

^Hey, if we turn this into a vacation thread, I took a two week vacation with my extended family in and around Israel (around being Jordan, and possibly some multinational waters I forget.) Tel Aviv and Jerusalem. Beautiful spots. Got some crazy souvenirs in the arab markets.

Nameless
2009-08-14, 06:05 PM
Because Western Asia is not necessarily synonymous with the term Middle East?

^Hey, if we turn this into a vacation thread, I took a two week vacation with my extended family in and around Israel (around being Jordan, and possibly some multinational waters I forget.) Tel Aviv and Jerusalem. Beautiful spots. Got some crazy souvenirs in the arab markets.

Actually, Israel is in the Near East which is technically part of Europe. :smalltongue:

And, I've been pretty much everywhere... umm... Yup. :smalltongue:
The Bedouins are make awesome tea. :smallbiggrin:

Cyrano
2009-08-14, 06:11 PM
Actually, Israel is in the Near East which is technically part of Europe. :smalltongue:

And, I've been pretty much everywhere... umm... Yup. :smalltongue:
The Bedouins are make awesome tea. :smallbiggrin:

A, my mother got addicted to mint tea and now we grow mint, partly because it's easy but also because it's tasty. We also have heat-won't-make-them-explode-whatever-they're-called-glass-mugs because that's what mint tea is served in. Also they had tasty coffees.

B, Near East and Middle East have been replaced in the UN by Western Asia due to the Near East and Middle East's perceived euro-centrism (Near East and Middle East as terms, not as geopolitical regions.) So technically it's the same thing! But not quite.

Anyway according to the all-mighty Wikipedia Israel is Western Asian. Debatably European!

Nameless
2009-08-14, 06:15 PM
A, my mother got addicted to mint tea and now we grow mint, partly because it's easy but also because it's tasty. We also have heat-won't-make-them-explode-whatever-they're-called-glass-mugs because that's what mint tea is served in. Also they had tasty coffees.

B, Near East and Middle East have been replaced in the UN by Western Asia due to the Near East and Middle East's perceived euro-centrism (Near East and Middle East as terms, not as geopolitical regions.) So technically it's the same thing! But not quite.

Anyway according to the all-mighty Wikipedia Israel is Western Asian. Debatably European!

A- I did not enjoy the camel riding thtough the desert though. .-.

B- Blah blah. :smallyuk:

:smallwink:

Cyrano
2009-08-14, 06:16 PM
A- I did not enjoy the camel riding thtough the desert though. .-.

B- Blah blah. :smallyuk:

:smallwink:

A - Donkeys for me. Through cliffs! And it was awesome.

B - :smallfrown: But I like learning people stuff.

Narmoth
2009-08-14, 06:29 PM

Culturally, you should go into the Europe thread. At least, more Europeans perceive Israel as an European country than there's Asians perceiving Israel as an Asian country.

I'm not sure on how you define Europe, but it's clearly not a part of the geographical Europe

Nameless
2009-08-14, 06:32 PM
A - Donkeys for me. Through cliffs! And it was awesome.

I did that too. It kept pooping. :smallannoyed:

B - :smallfrown: But I like learning people stuff.

And I like being right. :smallannoyed:

Cyrano
2009-08-14, 06:37 PM
I did that too. It kept pooping. :smallannoyed:
Like a big, fuzzy, freakishly tall kitten!

And I like being right. :smallannoyed:

Well, just think of it as me, preventing you from making any other mistakes! It's a net gain to your correctness factor.*

*Read: So do I.

Surrealistik
2009-08-14, 06:38 PM
War and humanitarian crimes aside, it has far more in common with Europe than Asia.

Recaiden
2009-08-14, 06:40 PM
So, change this to Asia in general, yes? Because that's where Israel officially and geographically is.

Nameless
2009-08-14, 06:43 PM
So, change this to Asia in general, yes? Because that's where Israel officially and geographically is.

But... We've just said that that's not necessarily true.

@Surreal: Please, Can you not go there here? :smallannoyed:
Just asking, because it would be kinda nice to talk about other things.

Recaiden
2009-08-14, 06:45 PM
But... We've just said that that's not necessarily true.

I admit that it culturally doesn't quite fit, but I never said it was culturally similar to other Asian nations.

And when has the Near East ever been considered part of Europe?:smallconfused:

Cyrano
2009-08-14, 06:48 PM
I admit that it culturally doesn't quite fit, but I never said it was culturally similar to other Asian nations.

And when has the Near East ever been considered part of Europe?:smallconfused:

Man, even Asian nations aren't necessarily similar to Asian nations. It helps that I count Russia as Asian.

But no, I think Asian is the best descriptor for this small, border-y country.

Surrealistik
2009-08-14, 06:48 PM
@Surreal: Please, don't even go there. :smallannoyed:

Are we vexed by factual statements? That said, I'll stop, if only because the forum rules demand it.

Nameless
2009-08-14, 06:49 PM
I went to the dead sea too, but I had too many cuts and blisters so it hurt too much to go in. .-.

Recaiden
2009-08-14, 07:02 PM
So,Japan doesn't own any land on the mainland of Asia anymore,does it?

Nameless
2009-08-14, 07:05 PM
So,Japan doesn't own any land on the mainland of Asia anymore,does it?

Not as far as I'm aware, no. But they're pretty powerful and advanced for such a small country.

Lupy
2009-08-14, 11:07 PM
I'd love to go to Israel. I'd have to ask my grandfather, but there's a high possibility that I have relatives I could stay with. My extended family is too spread out!

Recaiden
2009-08-14, 11:24 PM
I'm a bit hesitant about going to Asia, actually. How about Canada?

Cyrano
2009-08-14, 11:35 PM
I'm a bit hesitant about going to Asia, actually. How about Canada?

I've been there. 16 years. It's a nice place to live, but I wouldn't want to visit there.

P.S. To anyone who is actually Jewish, one can apply to go to Israel for free via the various Birthright programs. Never having done one, I do not know how it works, and they have age limits, but nevertheless it may facilitate a vacation for those so inclined.

Lupy
2009-08-14, 11:44 PM
P.S. To anyone who is actually Jewish, one can apply to go to Israel for free via the various Birthright programs. Never having done one, I do not know how it works, and they have age limits, but nevertheless it may facilitate a vacation for those so inclined.

You don't happen to know the actual name of any of these programs, do you? :smallconfused:

Roland St. Jude
2009-08-14, 11:48 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: As noted, we are currently allowing these threads only at the continental level. Please pick one or scan both that you think might apply.