PDA

View Full Version : Nomad

cloudncali
2009-08-14, 05:44 PM
Hello,
I have been working on an Table top RPG called Nomad. Its a point based game. its been designed to work in a steampunk/high fantasy setting but it can be ajusted to work with other settings.

you can find the rules here: http://nomadgame.100webspace.net/
(yes I know the site is bland, its a temporary site untill i get around to making a better one)

could I get some feedback on it?

Thanks!

Strawman
2009-08-15, 12:46 AM
I really like the idea of the base stats determining how quickly you learn each type of skill, and the idea of getting skill points depending on the actions you take.

The massive amount of skills will attact people like me, and turn away others. It's a real "your mileage may vary" kind of thing.

The simplicity of the races is nice because it will allow for easy-to-add homebrew races.

Do you have plans to set up any fluff or campaigns sometime soon?

Anyway, it looks cool. PM me if you decide to playtest it here and need volunteers.

cloudncali
2009-08-18, 05:24 PM
Thanks for the feed back!

I have ALOT of fluff and stuff for this game but little of it is written down this story is about all i have had time to get written,

Back in the days, when the federation was first gaining power, an infection broke out. It affected all life and killed the host life form within days. Though it affected all creatures, it only spread through lizard folk. Soon people became fearful of the reptilian humanoids and they were forbidden from most things. They were kept in quarantine camps, and where not allowed to work or live near any other race. After a few years a cure was found and the lizard folk thought life would return to normal, but that was not to be.

The fear remained. They still could not find jobs; even factories would hire weaker people as long as they were not lizard folk. But then a lizard folk by the name of Urn’cala, realized something. In his home town of Valoc he noticed that the robbery and bandit raids were happening all the time, and the federation, which was off fighting wars in other lands, was unwilling and unable to do anything about it. So he decided to start the group which he called Slash, for he was keen with a saber.

If hard times were the mother of Slash, then union of the lizard folk was the father. For it seemed as though every lizard folk in the surrounding areas flocked to this group, each one needing a job and money. The people of the town where amazed at the mass of lizardfolk in the tavern where Slash held its meetings. They were soon kicked out of the tavern. Luckily a local holy man who owned the church building allowed them to stay at the church until they had a proper building to dwell in.

The timing was perfect. For a local bandit gang started raiding outposts a day later, Slash was given the job to scatter this gang to the four winds. So then out of the church building, poured hundreds of lizard folk some with weapons, some with only their claws and thick skin on their back. They marched on, to prove to the people, that they were worth their weight in gold.

So began working of slash to put lizardfolk back onto the social ladder.

any way to sum up the world there is one main superpower known as the federation. They are not evil but they are trying to take over as many worlds as they can get a hold of.
there are other powers as well.
Therain empire: this one is actually a dead empire, the federation wiped out most of the empire with a plague
Elder: This is a Theocracy(a government based around a religion). Women are glorified in this nation. they are the only ones allowed to gain power.
Myr Tribes: a race of beast like people. currently fighting against the federation
Aquains: simmlar to zoras from LOZ, their world is a water plane
Elementals: Elementals are humanoids who can control an element. Aquanites, Electronites, pyronites, terranites are the four types.

on the subject of elements, they are a bit different in this game

Elements:
Wave=Water, Sound
Force=Fire, Wind
Matter=Earth and life
Void=Light and Dark

well that basically sums up what i can remember right now... I REALLY NEED to right this stuff down.