PDA

View Full Version : Scar Stories

Rutskarn
2009-08-15, 02:56 AM
Alright, you've got a nasty bit of blasted skin somewhere on you, haven't you? Tell us how you got it. I'm sure it's impressive. If not, make up a story that sounds impressive.

Myself, I have a knack for having the absolute wussiest of scar-related stories. One running from the corner of my eye to the top of my forehead, for example. Sounds cool, right? Like the sort of thing you'd get knife-fighting a bear on top of a skyscraper.

In reality, though, I got it when a bouncing ball hit my chin so hard, my glasses flew up and the nosepads gouged a superficial cut in my forehead. It barely even drew blood, but there's a faint line to this day.

Right. That's not hard to one-up, is it?

Ashen Lilies
2009-08-15, 03:24 AM
Most of my left knee is covered in (fading) scar. Why? Because I fell off my bicycle. Feel free to laugh at me.

Fri
2009-08-15, 03:28 AM
I have a non-scar that's better than any scar.

About 10 years ago, our family car was hit. By a train. We all survived though. All got some kind of scar or another. My brother went into semi-coma for a week and got a badass scar across his head from head/brain surgery. My other brother got a big scar on his leg from the operation to fix his broken femur.

I don't even got a scratch. Not a single one. Not the tiniest one. My only wound was from when I bit my tongue when the impact happened.

Scar? What is that silly thing you called a scar?

Innis Cabal
2009-08-15, 03:33 AM
When I was starting out as a chef I worked in a home style kitchen with a large deep fryer. Was making a large basket of fries in the deeper fryer and went to pull them out, almost dropped them and a like a moron I caught it with my arm. Have a massive scar from the basket going from right above my elbow down to my wrist.

Castaras
2009-08-15, 03:36 AM
I have a white scar on my left thumb from trying to do a plastic kit (airfix <3) in bed. the particular scar was from me using the craft knife. In bed.

I've actually injured both thumbs with craft knives, but only one actually stayed. :smalltongue:

other scars... don't think I have any more.

Ravens_cry
2009-08-15, 03:42 AM
Well I have nothing quite like that, but I did impale my forehead on a nail when I was three.
Basically what happened was I was jumping on the bed in the guest room. Which was in the basement. And in said basement, was a window. Now the bed was pushed against the wall with the window. In said window was a nail sticking up, apparently to stop potential buglers from opening the window. Well, I guess I came down head first on the nail because I had to get 28 stitches, 8 across, 16 deep. Or something like that. Left a scar that's very visible, when and if, I get a tan, jokingly referred to as my 'Harry Potter scar'.
I also have a large vertical scar, practically from top to bottom, on the back of me head that I only noticed when I first got my hair buzzed. No idea where THAT came from.

loopy
2009-08-15, 03:51 AM
Okay... Every single scar on my body (as well as every injury more serious than a bloody nose) except for two, have been caused by one guy, directly or indirectly.

From the top of my head down to my feet:
Scalp: Surfing injury. His shortboard clipped me after he got dumped. 6 stitches.
Left Eye: Hit in the face with a table tennis bat (accidental). 4 stitches.
Left elbow: Surfing injury. He keeps encouraging me to surf for some reason. :(
Left wrist: 5 parallel cuts caused by a iceskate blade skittering down my arm. (He didn't cause this one)
Left knee: Surfing injury. Landed on some rocks.
Right knee: Was hit by a car few weeks back. Sigh. (He didn't cause this one either)
Right foot: Surfing injury, landed on some more rocks. 12 stitches.

Shikton
2009-08-15, 03:53 AM
I suppose I should have a "scar" on my cranium from cracking it when I was a kid. Fell down from a table. Was in a coma for a few weeks and the left part of my body was paralysed for a few more weeks after that. No visible scars though.

Visible scar: on my chest. Just a small one, doesn't do the damage justice. Was jumping into a bathtub from its edge. Behind me was a washer/dryer. Both the tub and the dryer had hooks on them to fasten them to the wall if necessary, but despite not being fastened the hooks hadn't been removed. So I slipped and fell between the dryer and tub, hooks going into both my back and front. I was dangling from them :smallsmile: Only the wound in the front scarred.

Visible scar if you look closely: upper lip. Was climbing on a couch as a kid and being generally careless. As kids always are. Fell behind it and onto an oven fastened on the wall. Punched two holes in my upper lip, so we went to the doctor. He laughed and said "Can't do anything with nosebleed." Then I smiled at him and he saw my teeth through two holes in my lip, and he went all "Omgwtfbbq??!!" and stiched me up. Got two nice little scars there now.

Boo
2009-08-15, 03:55 AM
Alright, you've got a nasty bit of blasted skin somewhere on you, haven't you? Tell us how you got it. I'm sure it's impressive. If not, make up a story that sounds impressive.

Myself, I have a knack for having the absolute wussiest of scar-related stories. One running from the corner of my eye to the top of my forehead, for example. Sounds cool, right? Like the sort of thing you'd get knife-fighting a bear on top of a skyscraper.

In reality, though, I got it when a bouncing ball hit my chin so hard, my glasses flew up and the nosepads gouged a superficial cut in my forehead. It barely even drew blood, but there's a faint line to this day.

Right. That's not hard to one-up, is it?

I think I can one-down you. I turned too fast in a shallow part of Lake Ontario, and the current caused me to lose my balance. I fell on a rock, cut my knee open, and didn't realise it until I was out of the water. (I was retrieving a volley ball) It's on my left knee.

Above my right eye, taking part of my eyebrow, is a scar I got from tobogganing down an icy slope. The snow was whipping me in the face (I was 8) and I leaned to the side. Apparently a large chunk of ice was sticking out, and I hit it head first. No concussion, just lots of blood. Everywhere. I rolled down the rest of the hill before I was picked up and brought to the hospital. I don't remember how many stitches I had, but it wasn't that many. Still bloody as hell. This was before Harry Potter. :smallcool:

@Loopy: I'm calling you Stitches from now on.

Exeson
2009-08-15, 04:10 AM
I've got a few. One on my upper lip where when I was about 7 and playing hockey one of the other kids ignored the whole 'don't lift the stick above your head like a golf club when you swing' rule and whacked the person behind him (me) in the face, splitting a lip open, thank god was young so my teeth were ok.

I also have two fairly large scars with stitch marks around them, one on my chest and one on my back. It is fun to convince people when they first see them that I was stabbed. More often than not they believe it without question. Actually they are from surgery. :smallbiggrin:

I also have one on my hand where I accidentally gouged a chunk of my flesh out with my own nail. Cut your nails people! I learnt the hard way!

Yarram
2009-08-15, 04:37 AM
I only have two scars, and the stories are pretty boring =P.

My right knee from where I fell off my bike when I was 10, and my eybrow has a rather dashing and manly scar which I'm embarrassed to say was from me tripping down the stairs last year.
It was kinda funny actually. I came from the top office of my school. Fell. Realised I was bleeding all over the place. Wandered back up to the office to the same teacher I visited a couple of seconds before.

Fredthefighter
2009-08-15, 04:44 AM
I had to have stitches put in my forehead and now I have 2 scars there.
Here's the story:
It's 1996, I'm three years old. I walk out of the bathroom, trip on a Red Power Ranger Action Figure and hit my head (twice somehow) off of the skirting board.
Simple.
There was blood.

Narmoth
2009-08-15, 04:53 AM
Most manly scar ever:
bit in my hand by a vile beast with nasty, big, pointy teeth.
Yeah, I got bit to blood by my sisters bunny while trying to give her medicine.
Got a scar and everything

Miss Nobody
2009-08-15, 04:59 AM
I've got a scar on my right knee. I got it at the end of the 4th grade, in one of the last days of school. I was playing tag with some kids and I took a pretty nasty fall while running at full speed.

Anuan
2009-08-15, 05:01 AM
I have a cliche 'macho' scar on my upper-arm. Its creation involved a long piece of pointy steel wire. Is about...two and a bit inches long.

Erothayce
2009-08-15, 05:46 AM
I have many multitudes of scars from being outside pretty much everyday as a kid but the worst is my left elbow. A big 7" scar from where I had to have surgery to put my exploded left elbow back together. See what happened was I was skateboarding and leaned back too far while trying to ollie a gap and pretty much landed exclusively on it and a little on my right palm(which I fractured). 2 titanium pins, a length of wire looping a figure 8 through the bones to hold them together, and then about 20 staples to close the incision up and then I'm left with this scar. It looks kinda cool because it resembles a caterpillar from the staple scars. Word of advice: Don't ever break something so bad it requires pins, it sucks.

Kaelaroth
2009-08-15, 06:10 AM
My right elbow's fraked up. Used to be a very ugly sight, now just ain't a pretty one. Here's some advice kids; don't get knocked over when you're on freaking gravel. And don't seek out medical attention from idiotic trainee nurses afterwards. Probably her fault my arm was mistaken for shredded charcuterie, or, though, more likely the fault of the epic-failery of those who could've gotten me to medical attention. Or maybe my fault, for getting so much gravel in me. Ow. :smallsigh: Is it a scar? Yeah. It's mighty disgusting. Yay.

Hecktar
2009-08-15, 06:19 AM
lol'd at how the OP got his scar. Grimaced at several other stories heh. Especially ones with a lot of blood (and especially, especially the one with the ice and blood something about that combination just rattles me.)

I have two.. one on my chin from playing ice hockey. If I grow a beard I have a small bald patch. Another on my elbow, I was drunk, and I was trying to show people I could run faster in my socks than in shoes.... yeah... I don't know what to make of that either.. but it didn't end well. Otherwise I have been pretty lucky with injuries, never had a broken bone.

Ashen Lilies
2009-08-15, 06:25 AM
Ooh! Ooh! I have another lame scar. On my left foot, I have a straight(ish), pale one. The story? My shower door is made of glass. And swings. The corner is sharp. I opened it across my foot. No accident, no stitches, no major pain. I just opened a door with my foot in the wrong place. Lamest injury I've ever gotten.

OverdrivePrime
2009-08-15, 07:30 AM
I'm normally good at avoiding or healing cleanly from blades and sharp objects.

I do have one pretty impressive scar running across the base of my throat that I got almost exactly three years ago.

Observe (not for the super squeamish). (http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w219/mwellenstein/Photos/SansThyroidMax.jpg)

That's what the aftermath of a total thyroidectomy looks like. I had a tiny spot of cancer on my thyroid and so the docs decided that the best thing for me was to eject the slimy bugger from my body before it became a bad influence on the rest of me. It used to be one ugly mother of a scar, and I spent the next five months growing a pretty potent beard to distract people's attention from the bright red gash at my neckline. Now the thing is pretty much faded away, just a slightly different color than the rest of my skin. Which is fitting, as I've finally made a full recovery and am even in a little better shape than I was prior to the surgery.

Fostire
2009-08-15, 07:34 AM
Most of my left knee is covered in (fading) scar. Why? Because I fell off my bicycle. Feel free to laugh at me.

My brother fell of a bike and got a big wound on his knee. Right when it was starting to heal he fell of the bike again and fell on the same knee. And right when that wound was starting to heal he fell of his bike again and landed on the same knee.
Now his knee looks disgusting thanks to all the badly healed scars.

Me, I have two scars on my right wrist. One of them is the result of an infected cat scratch. The other one was made when I punched a door in anger. The door happened to be a windowed door and instead of hitting the wooden frame, I hit the glass and got 6 stitches as a result.

Mauve Shirt
2009-08-15, 07:41 AM
Just medical scars I'm afraid.
Temporal lobectomy.
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v115/21/9/1225020560/n1225020560_30235655_1740.jpg

Boo
2009-08-15, 07:49 AM
HAWT. :smallcool:

>>
<<

What?

Anuan
2009-08-15, 07:52 AM
...Mauve wins. And, suits short hair.

Assassin89
2009-08-15, 07:55 AM
I have a scar on my tongue as a result of biting my tongue when I was young.

Violet Octopus
2009-08-15, 07:59 AM
Another lame scar story:
I have a small scar a few centimetres below my left eye. I got it at a student demonstration, when I was affixing a banner to a tree with sticky tape. Lacking scissors, I decided to stretch the tape roll until it broke. I made the stupid decision of pulling the tape roll away from me, while pulling the tree branch towards my face. The tape breaks and the branch slashes me.

As the face gets a lot of blood flow, the cut looked worse than it really was, and other students kept asking me if it was police brutality. Even after I told them it was a tree, they still told me it made me look hardcore :smallconfused:

Recaiden
2009-08-15, 08:15 AM
I don't know if it's a scar, but I've got a mark where I sliced off a piece of my finger while cutting through a piece of wood. Maybe it's just the lack of fingerprints on the skin that grew back.

Kaelaroth
2009-08-15, 08:50 AM
Temporal lobectomy.
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v115/21/9/1225020560/n1225020560_30235655_1740.jpg
Temporal lobe epilepsy? :smallconfused:

OverdrivePrime
2009-08-15, 08:52 AM
Temporal lobectomy.

Wow! That beats mine to the abyss and back. How long ago did you have that done, Mauve?

valadil
2009-08-15, 09:16 AM
Got a bunch of scars, but only one that involved stitches. I was riding my bike, fell of, and landed on my head. That wasn't so bad since I had a helmet on and was in 3rd or 5th grade (not sure which, see part about landing on my head) so I didn't have too much bodyweight to deal with. I scratched up my shoulder too since I was landing on gravel. I finally came to rest and the bike fell on top of me. One of the pedals, which was made of metal for better traction, went right into my thigh. I got up and walked the bike home, then went to the ER for 3 inside stitches and 13 on the surface. For some odd reason I was far more upset about having stitches than about getting cut up by my bike.

RTGoodman
2009-08-15, 09:31 AM
I've only got a couple, and they're decidedly not hardcore.

The first I got is a small white line about a half-inch long right by the middle knuckle on my right hand. Looks like something you might get from punching something. Is that how I got it? Nope - I was about 8 years old, and was riding in the bottom of the grocery cart, and someone hit ours and made the cart hit the rack beside us. I was holding on to the bottom rack part, and my hand got caught there and cut a little. :smallsigh:

The second is a pretty big one on my left knee, though it's faded over the years. How did a get it? I was on a field trip in middle school to this place where you can pan for gold and gems in the river and dig up gems on land, and I stumbled and fell, my knee hitting a pretty big, sharp rock. It bled and hurt pretty bad and they made me take antibiotics for a couple of weeks to make sure it didn't get infected, but nothing else exciting came from it.

Flickerdart
2009-08-15, 09:37 AM
I was climbing a cliff once, down by the Black Sea. The handhold gave way, because the cliffs there are really crappy, and I slid all the way back (not fall, because it was on an incline, however steep) tearing off even more pieces of the rock. It ruined a perfectly good pair of pants and I still have a scar near my elbow from it, except it's more patchy and less elongated, so it's kinda lame. As to why I was doing that, well, I wanted a good vantage point from which to draw. So I was climbing with a heavy-ass portfolio case. Why yes, I am a genius.

Delaney Gale
2009-08-15, 09:38 AM

I've got the same thing on my right elbow. I fell off my bike riding to my friend's house and ate some gravel.

My "bad-ass" scar is on my left wrist. It's faded over the past few years, but if you know what you're looking for you'll see three little discolored circles. That was during my second month working as a set carpenter and metalworker, when I discovered my favorite hoodie was not, as it claimed, made of cotton. I was welding the rungs of a ladder for a set piece, the metal cracked and I got hot spatter on my wrist. It melted the cuff of the hoodie straight into my wrist, leaving me with neatly cauterized 1/8" deep holes in my wrist.

This is also how I earned my bad-ass card in the shop- I went to the supervisor and asked where I could get bandages, since the first aid kit was inexplicably empty. His response was "Why weren't you swearing more!?"

I wasn't welding in gloves because I wear a delicate size 7 glove and the shop gloves were probably all 10+. The loss of dexterity was actually more dangerous because I couldn't control the welder, and once I learned what to listen for, I never had to deal with spatter again.

RTGoodman
2009-08-15, 09:39 AM
As to why I was doing that, well, I wanted a good vantage point from which to draw. So I was climbing with a heavy-ass portfolio case. Why yes, I am a genius.

Hey, if college taught me anything, it's that those studio arts kids carry their portfolios and tackle boxes full of art supplies EVERYWHERE. :smallbiggrin:

Mr. Mud
2009-08-15, 09:42 AM
I have a rather large scar on my left wrist, from when I was moshing a pit too hard... Just kidding, that's not possible. But I was trampled... All 6'7 of me, Trampled. and someone was of course wearing spiky shoes.

I also have a quite long scar going from my left shoulder to my right hip... :smallfrown:. Rather not thinknig about why.

evisiron
2009-08-15, 11:20 AM
Still got a scar on my hand from jumping a barbed wire fence. I had gone up and down looking for a safer bit while everyone got over, no luck. I hopped over, and went "Huzzah, made it!" People pointed as red trickled down my arm. D'oh!

The Orange Zergling
2009-08-15, 12:03 PM
I have one on my tongue, of all places, from biting it too hard as a kid. Apparently I needed stitches for it, though I don't remember anything from the ordeal at all.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2009-08-15, 12:28 PM
Well I have nothing quite like that, but I did impale my forehead on a nail when I was three.
Basically what happened was I was jumping on the bed in the guest room. Which was in the basement. And in said basement, was a window. Now the bed was pushed against the wall with the window. In said window was a nail sticking up, apparently to stop potential buglers from opening the window. Well, I guess I came down head first on the nail because I had to get 28 stitches, 8 across, 16 deep. Or something like that. Left a scar that's very visible, when and if, I get a tan, jokingly referred to as my 'Harry Potter scar'.
I also have a large vertical scar, practically from top to bottom, on the back of me head that I only noticed when I first got my hair buzzed. No idea where THAT came from.

Uh-oh, she's noticed. Quick, someone hit the mem-wipe transplant!

Hannes
2009-08-15, 12:53 PM
I've got about three-four scars. They're really badass, when you take it into consideration that I got two from fighting with my sister, who used her nails and created quite long and visible scars. One is glass shard falling from the lamp (it cut as it passed, quite weird, considering they weren't really moving very fast) and one is from a dog tooth.

Okay, maybe they aren't awesome.

But at least I beat Rutskarn's :smallfrown:

Dragonrider
2009-08-15, 01:01 PM
My most serious scar is a two-inch one at my waistline from appendicitis surgery when I was twelve. But I don't think anyone but my mom and the doctor has ever seen it. :smalltongue:

I also have nice ones big on my knees from diving for a tennis ball about ten months ago. The court is really rough for better traction, but skidding on one's knees, it doesn't feel like a good thing. I got the ball back over the net and won the point, though. :smallbiggrin:

I have a triangular scar on my heel from being pushed off a backyard water slide when I was eight.

TONS on my knuckles from cheesegraters, accidents, and my own fingernails.

One on my left cheek from a cat scratch when I was four.

And one on the webbing of my left hand from opening a can of cat food when I was ten. I nearly cut the tendon. :smallsigh:

And it's not a scar, but I broke a finger in karate a couple years ago. It turned all sorts of colors and swelled, but my mom told me I'd probably just bruised it. Turns out I also did something to the ligament, because it healed crooked and, especially when it's cold, it's got a twist and won't straighten.

Rutskarn
2009-08-15, 01:01 PM
Actually, technically, I have one that's even worse.

There's a patch of skin on my elbow that's slightly abraded to this day. Looks like it'd result from a surfing injury, or at the very least from some sort of nasty fall.

You know those massive inflatable obstacle courses they use at fairgrounds and company picnics?

Yeah.

potatocubed
2009-08-15, 01:02 PM
I have one on my chin, which is often visible because I don't shave as often as I should. I got that one from spinning until I was dizzy and falling over, and catching a sideboard with my jaw on the way down. EPIC.

I have one on my finger from when I nearly severed it with a pair of scissors when I was a kid. Unfortunately, my hand has grown and the scar remained the same size, so it doesn't look anywhere near as impressive as the injury that created it.

I have one on the same finger on the other hand, in the same place, from when I electrocuted myself a few years later.

Got a couple of medical scars, too. All my most significant injuries failed to scar, though. Good old biological healing. :smallsmile:

Hell Puppi
2009-08-15, 01:03 PM
Okay if you noticed my boobs at all in any of the You threads you probably noticed the beginning of my chest scar. It was from a kitchen accident as a kid and runs about a foot long in total. There are also smaller pockmarks from the same accident. It took 5 surgeries to get it down to about a 1/4th of an inch to an inch across and a couple to make sure it didn't interfere with skin stretching as I grew.

If that depressed you I also once got rammed by a sheep (well, a ram, but rammed by a ram sounds redundant) and broke a finger. Go me. :smallbiggrin:

Player_Zero
2009-08-15, 01:08 PM
I was hit by a cricket ball to the left of my left eye and have a very small, completely unnoticeable scar from it.

That's about it. Also, cricket balls are actually fairly hard.

Perenelle
2009-08-15, 01:13 PM
I have scars all over my legs from a bunch of different occasions.
when I was little i was swinging outside on my little swing set thing, and my uncle's black lab was jumping up and down beside me. She was a really friendly dog but when she was coming down from jumping somehow her tooth got stuck in my knee. My uncle came running out and brought me inside. there was blood all over my knee, but the injury itself wasnt that bad. It just bled a lot and now I have teeth mark scars on my knee.
there was another time when I was 8 or 9 where I was at a campground riding my bike, and there was gravel on the road. I fell off and tore up both my knees. again, really bloody. I scared my grandma when I walked back to her and my knees were all messed up. there was also gravel lodged in my knees that my grandpa had to get out. That hurt pretty bad. So more scars on my knees.
and then I have a bunch of scars on my legs from Mosquito bites. I used to scratch them really hard and they ended up scarring. I get eaten alive by those stupid mosquitos. and yet no one else in my house gets any. :smallannoyed:

TheThan
2009-08-15, 01:18 PM
Chin: slipped on some magazines lying on the floor in the living room when I was two, bashed chin on coffee table.

Back of Neck: 2nd degree sunburn after 12 hour game of paint ball (105 degree day), word to the wise apply sunscreen

Back of right arm: fell down a steep incline (was climbing a hill to see a tungsten mine behind the school) into a bush covered in poison oak (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toxicodendron_diversilobum) in elementary school. Cut arm badly, was sick with poison oak for three weeks (got in blood stream).

Knee: church league softball injury, was playing short stop, and tried to perform a sliding catch on a ground ball. Didn’t even catch the ball, but I did tear my knee up badly. (we did win the league though).

Ankle: work related injury, got run down by a guy pushing a large cart full of mail (8 feet tall, and loaded with paper), was pushing one myself and he ran into the back of me, catching my foot, a the Achilles tendon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Achilles_tendon) fortunately it was nothing more than a scratch, though it did leave a scar.

Thinks that should have left scars but didn’t

Burned hand with car cigarette lighter when I was 5
Fell down two different flights of stairs (short ones fortunately).

Got shot by marbleized paintballs out of a high-powered paintball gun, at an awkward angle, ricocheting off my back. (Got him back by shooting him in the nads).

I think that’s it.

my bro has quite the horror story, involving a knife, his foot and a trip to the hospital.

SharpWolf
2009-08-15, 01:39 PM
The only scar I have worth mentionning is just under my left eye, and from an arrow shot. :smalltongue:

I got it from LARPing. We were having a big battle with about 30 people when someone shot an arrow at me. Poorly aimed. And poorly constructed. Normally, instead of having a sharp point, arrows in LARPs are supposed to have a cork and some padding at the end to make sure they can't cause injuries. This one didn't have a cork, so the tip went right through the padding and into my cheekbone. My eye went instantly blind from the shock and stayed that way for a few months. One inch higher, and I would have either had one less eye or be dead... :smallannoyed:

It's not really visible anymore, except for a strange wrinkle when I smile. It's still pretty badass, though. :smalltongue:

Mauve Shirt
2009-08-15, 01:42 PM
Temporal lobe epilepsy? :smallconfused:

Yep. Also the mesial structures. A part of which they accidentally left in so I'm not cured.
I have an appendectomy scar, too, but it's too hard to see.
And scars on my lips from chewing on them.

Dragonrider
2009-08-15, 01:45 PM
I have an appendectomy scar, too, but it's too hard to see.

They must have done a better job with yours than with mine, then. :smalltongue: Mine is about a quarter-inch wide and sort of raised. But then, the appendix was incredibly swollen (literally an hour from bursting, they said) and as I was twelve and prepubescent when I had the surgery, I've grown quite a bit and it's stretched some.

Zanaril
2009-08-15, 01:50 PM
I have several on my ankles from my own toenails. They get sharp for some reason.

Rutskarn
2009-08-15, 02:03 PM
I have several on my ankles from my own toenails. They get sharp for some reason.

Ooh, that reminds me. This one's finally starting to fade, though.

At a house in Fenwick Island, I accidentally let a front door door swing into my heel at full tilt--jagged metal part first. This basically turned it into a bloody mess, and left this long horizontal gash on my foot.

So I bandage it up and let it heal. About a week later, when I get home, I check the gash. Huh, healing right up. Probably leave a scar, though. I remark on this to a passerby.

Then I go outside to get a coke.

WHANNNGGG.

It happened again. This time, it left a vertical mark running at a perfect right angle from the horizontal one. It was uncanny.

That was about a year ago, and I can still clearly see where it was.

Deathslayer7
2009-08-15, 02:09 PM
I have a small scar on my left elbow. I got it from fighting with the toilet. For three days and nights we wrestled till we couldn't stand pratically. Then on the third day, we finally agreed to do an all or nothing: winner remains standing. It bit me on my left elbow. I punched it in the gut. I was the one who walked away from that battle.

Nah I got it from demolishing a wall in the bathroom. The top cover of the toilet was chipped and when i brought my arm back, I brought it right into the corner that was chipped.

The other scar I have is on my right calf, and its a tiny hole. I was helping a friend trim a tree which has these inch and a half long needles (I now hate this tree). Well he was dragging a branch away, and part of it was caught and suddenly let go. Whacked me right in the leg. Lots and lots of blood. We thought it pierced a vein at first. Put some pressure, got a band-aid and went back to work. Now that's what I call toughing it out. :smalltongue:

xPANCAKEx
2009-08-15, 02:13 PM
split my chin open not once, but twice in childhood (first on the corner of the cooker in our old VW campervan ages 3, then on the corner of the table ages 7)

other than that - small half inch scar in the middle of my forehead, makes me look like im permanently frowning

chicken pox scar (who hasnt got one of those)

and a scar on the palm of my hand from falling on glass

edit - oh, and i have a BCG scar now covered by tattoos

THAC0
2009-08-15, 02:14 PM
Let's see... I have scars across my palms from carpal tunnel surgery... But that's boring

I do have one at the side of my right eye from when I was a kid. I was racing my brother to the picnic table down the hill. Being a bit overcompetitive, I ran a bit faster than was prudent, which resulted in me tumbling down the hill straight into the picnic table. My glasses gouged into my head, resulting in fountaining blood and a panicking father who thought I'd gouged my eye out.

Good times.

Mauve Shirt
2009-08-15, 02:21 PM
They must have done a better job with yours than with mine, then. :smalltongue: Mine is about a quarter-inch wide and sort of raised. But then, the appendix was incredibly swollen (literally an hour from bursting, they said) and as I was twelve and prepubescent when I had the surgery, I've grown quite a bit and it's stretched some.

Yeah, I was in fifth grade when they took mine out, but it was only a little swollen.

orchitect
2009-08-15, 02:40 PM
Let's see the worst one I have is on my lower back. Its a long horizontal slash that my parents say I got while going down a slide. I can't imagine how that would give me such a scar, but oh well. I've had it almost my entire life.

I also have bite marks from an ex-girlfriend. :smallbiggrin:

Kobold-Bard
2009-08-15, 02:42 PM
I have two scars on my left hand (I imagine I'm already losing).

The first is three stitches on my index finger that have no business being there because neither I nor my parents remember when they were done. Seriously, I've never been in hospital for anything worse than an x-ray when I swallowed a key (aged 4, not last week or somesuch), and I've apparently never needed stitches.

The other is a useful reminder of the joy of moderation. My first year in uni and my housemate's birthday. 3am and it's kicking out time from the nightclub. I can't find my phone and the bouncers wouldn't let me back in to look. In my heavily inebriated state I apparently decided punching a wall would help and cracked my middle knuckle.

What makes this story memorable though is that a friend of mine found my phone under a kebab van, which I thought was some kind of minor miracle. It was the next morning before I hazily remembered that it had kept falling out of my pocket, so I'd put it in my sock so I wouldn't lose it. Not only have I never lived this down, but my hand hurt like hell for a week afterwards.

Let the "served you right"s commence :smallredface:

Lupy
2009-08-15, 04:06 PM
I have one to one down anybody.

I was walking backwards in my Scoutmaster's yard, tripped, fell backwards, and got a tiny, less than an inch long, cut on my ankle. It scarred for some reason though. :smalltongue:

I also have one from walking through a patch of brambles and getting one stuck in my leg, trying to pull it out with tweezers and accidentally making it worse.

And then there was the time my brother threw a batter at me and hit me in the cheek with it. This one is very hard to see unless you are right up close to it.

And finally I have some on my knees from falling off bikes onto fine gravel on occasion.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-08-15, 04:11 PM
Ooh, that reminds me. This one's finally starting to fade, though.

At a house in Fenwick Island, I accidentally let a front door door swing into my heel at full tilt--jagged metal part first. This basically turned it into a bloody mess, and left this long horizontal gash on my foot.

So I bandage it up and let it heal. About a week later, when I get home, I check the gash. Huh, healing right up. Probably leave a scar, though. I remark on this to a passerby.

Then I go outside to get a coke.

WHANNNGGG.

It happened again. This time, it left a vertical mark running at a perfect right angle from the horizontal one. It was uncanny.

That was about a year ago, and I can still clearly see where it was.
We needed some way to mark your achilles heel....

Drat, shouldn't have said that....

Trog
2009-08-15, 04:20 PM
Hmm... I have one on my elbow from some sort of childhood digger of some sort - I don't really remember how I got it.

And I have one on my hip from... er... pole vaulting with an easel. That one was from my art school college days. Surprisingly no beer was involved.

And really, both of those might be difficult to see unless you are looking close. My scars seem to fade over the years for whatever reason.

V'icternus
2009-08-15, 04:23 PM
Years ago, my brother, for some reason I can't remember, got angry. Back then, he had very sharp and jagged fingernails.

Now I have a scar going down over my right eye and about an inch down my cheek.

However, I'm lucky in the fact that I've never had a seirous injury, and have only been in an emergency room once. (When my brother got hit by a car. Now there's a scar story...)

Only time I had an operation I didn't even need to get cut. I just had a camera shoved down my throat. (Apperantly, I almost woke up while this was happening. That woulda been freaky...)

eidreff
2009-08-15, 05:24 PM
I lost the end of a finger whilst dueling with a three tonne metal dragon..(well, a machine malfunctioned and took everything but the bone from the last knuckle of the middle finger on my left hand) It's a scar that is unlikely to fade.

Whilst battle the evil bandits in the Forest of Thurne I sustained a stab wound to my belly that left me unable to battle on. My companion cleric healed me and we returned to town later to warn the villagers about the miscreants' hidden lair (I have a six inch scar on my abdomen from a hernia repair that couldn't be done with "keyhole" surgery.) On the way home from hospital a rear wheel bearing seized in my Dad's car, causing us to swerve and skid across three lanes of rush-hour traffic. Unnerving to say the least, and to this day I have no idea how my dad managed to avoid hitting or being hit by other traffic.

Incidentally, it was whilst recovering from my hernia repair that I joined this forum.

Endalia
2009-08-15, 06:12 PM
Well, uh, there's my four inch torture wound. It's four inch long (duh!), about a half foot under my knee, and it looks like I got it from being stabbed or cut.

How I actually got it is another story. And a short one: I walked into a bench. Yup. I walked into the corner of a regular bench, scraped my leg in the process and got a huge scar for it. That's kinda pathetic to me.

On the other hand, I've got some small scars on my knuckles, the ones that you could get from hitting someone, or something. The best (or worst) part: I got them from hitting someone or something :smalltongue:

I've got 20 or so teeny-weeny scars all over my right arm and hand, from being scratched. By my girlfriend. After 20 or so scars, I realised that it's a bad idea to tickle her :smallwink:

And one more, though this isn't really a scar: I've got a cracked nose. My brother tried to punch me straight in the face. He hit my nose with a right hook. It cracked, though no one bothered to notice. So my nose healed in a cracked, crooked way. And so I've got a cracked, crooked nose.

Roukon
2009-08-15, 06:20 PM
I have two scars that bear mentioning. One was when I was very young (3 or 4 years old). I was playing tag inside with my sister and took a corner a little too sharply and ran into the corner instead of going around it. From this, I got a nice gash in my forehead, and while I can remember it happening, I'm sure it's a constructed memory. But, I have a nice scar from it, that usually blends in, until I point it out to people, and then they can see it easily. It's not a Harry Potter scar, since it is very vertical.

The other one was when I was much older (but I'm not sure when, 13 or 14, iirc) and I was hungry. I got an orange and a butter knife for cutting it up. Well, once, instead of cutting the orange, I cut my left middle finger. It really bled a lot, and I went to the doctor, who put on early butterfly strips. They didn't work as well as they do now, and I have a scar that I have to be careful about showing people. I should have had stitches, but instead, just a nice line from my fingernail to the back of my finger. In my defense, the butter knife had a serrated edge.

OverdrivePrime, a friend of mine has a similar scar to yours on her neck. Hers is healing nicely, but she has the trouble of not being able to grow a beard. :P

zillion ninjas
2009-08-15, 06:50 PM
I have a chin scar from playing broomball with some friends in college (on an ice rink like hockey, but replacing puck==>ball, stick==>broom, and skates==>sneakers). I slipped while swinging at the ball, landed face-first, and hit the ice hard enough to split my chin. The bald spot in my beard is more noticeable than the scar itself, so I haven't grown a beard for any length of time since then. When people ask about the scar, I sometimes say I got it in a hockey fight. :smallamused:

There's an ugly little round scar on my shin (note the "sh") from stumbling into the edge of a bed frame. I was wearing jeans so I thought it was just a bruise until I got undressed later and saw the dried blood. The scar is wide and dark, and I don't think it will fade any time soon.

I have a tiny dark spot in my palm from when I got jabbed by a pencil as a kid. The surface of the skin is fully healed, but I think there's still some graphite in there.

And I have a whole bunch of little scars on my hands and fingers from all kinds of mundane cuts and scrapes. Most of them fade over time, but they're always replaced by new ones...

Does anyone else think that Rutskarn started this thread just to pick up some story material? Nothing adds depth to an old soldier or a private **** eye like an obvious scar, right? :smallwink:

Mando Knight
2009-08-15, 07:07 PM
I've got a scar in my left eyebrow from a baseball causing the rim of my eyeglasses to dig into it (no stitches, healed fine, actually), a minor scar on my chin from a bike accident when I was a kid (mostly healed/gone now, also hidden by facial hair), another bike-related scar from a couple of years later on my right wrist (barely noticeable), and a scar-in-the-making on the arch of my right foot that I got while mis-stepping while helping my mom with a job...

Anuan
2009-08-15, 07:30 PM
And it's not a scar, but I broke a finger in karate a couple years ago. It turned all sorts of colors and swelled, but my mom told me I'd probably just bruised it. Turns out I also did something to the ligament, because it healed crooked and, especially when it's cold, it's got a twist and won't straighten.

Ooh, ooh, if we're talking non-scar injuries;

My brother cracked my sternum and when it healed it developed copra...cop...c...It developed extra cartiledge or the cartiledge inflamed or something so now my chest bulges a little at the sternum.

Both of my shoulders have been injured and never recieved medical attention (I think one of them got dislocated and the socket cracked slightly.). They ache occasionally (especially when I'm sick or if it's going to rain. Contributes to my hatred of rain.) and if I dont stretch or whatever they're tight and have slightly limited range of motion.

Recaiden
2009-08-15, 08:50 PM
Well, my finger's got a bunch of stitches in it. From a broken display rack 13 years ago. :smallsigh:
And I broke my elbow. Twice. Bicycle crash being the more interesting of the causes.

Musashi2
2009-08-15, 09:47 PM
I feel strangely compelled to make this my first post, so hello all!

Anyway, to the point, I have half a dozen or so scars on my hands and wrists from getting into several fights (on her level) with a Rottweiler mix we used to have. None of them are remotely serious, though one at the base of my thumb is almost an inch long and would have had stitches, only the doctors were worried about trapping bacteria inside, so it healed naturally over a stupidly long period of time.
It was a dominance/alpha dog thing, and all I have to say is stubbornness runs thick in my family.

Xsesiv
2009-08-15, 10:19 PM
Helloo...

Well my scars from head to foot are:
Forehead, just below hairline, don't have a clue how that got there
Chicken Pox scar on shoulder (boring)
Loads of scars, one 4 inches long, on my elbows from playing mostly on gravel, patios, and roads when I was a kid
Internally, a badly set hand that was crushed when it was trapped under me in a dog pile
Hernia operation scar on stomach
A small but deep scar on my hip that (I'm assuming) still has a pellet from a pellet gun in it; shame it didn't hit at a different angle and get me in the nadgers :smalleek:, then I'd really have something to one-up people with
A 2 inch one on the sole of my foot that I got when I was a little child frolicking about my garden - bam, pointy stick. There was white frothy stuff coming out when it was healing. It was disgusting.
Another internal one; I sprained my ankle a few months ago...tripping over a tree-root:smallsigh:...and there's a little bump of bone that wasn't there before.
And I've managed to injure myself again cutting a lemon...big cut on my finger I expect to scar.

But no stitches.:smallbiggrin:

Dogmantra
2009-08-15, 10:36 PM
I have one that's right next to my right eyebrow. It's about an inch long. I got it from running (just like everyone else, might I add!), then tripping over and knocking my head on a wooden step. Jutting out from said step was a razor sharp bit of wood that went under my skin. Lovely. Though it does give me a fun fact! I've had it for over 10 years, and my right eyebrow has actually grown into the "trough" left by it, so my right eyebrow is actually a little longer than my left one.

Stadge
2009-08-18, 12:50 PM
I have many insignificant ones caused by toaster/grill burning me, but the main ones are (from head down):

Skull, back left; diving into the space underneath the stirs we sat under at college aand slamming my head into the girder that held them up.

Forehead, in the middle of my (perfect, according to my best friend) hairline: Me and said friend decided to drink whisky by pints, got a a pint and a half in 2 hours and found myslef beating my head into a door frame. still don't know why.

Nose: Passing a ball witha group of friends, my phone rang, I told them not to pass it to me, and midway through the conversation got hit by teh ball in my face, forcing my glasses into my nose.

Knuckles: Mixture of rugby punch-ups and teh occasional one-sided fight with the local lampost.

Knees: Scarred to bits from childhood clumsiness, and later rugby.

smellie_hippie
2009-08-18, 01:18 PM
Never broken a bone in my entire body.... except my skull. :smallamused: But let's get the minor scars out of the way first.

Left hand/wrist: There is a perfect 'dot' onthe back of my left wrist from a drop of hot-glue. There is also a nice line about a half an inch in front of that on my left hand from a car door when I was about 7-8. Together they make a nice exclamation point. Left ring finger is split at the tip from having a chair slammed on my finger when I was about 3 by a bully at my babysitters house.

Left shoulder: Three inch scar along the front of my shoulder that I uesed to claim was from a knife fight. Sadly, it was from playing tag on the roff of my parent's house when I was a teenager, and cut the corner to close and caught my shoulder on the rusty gutter from the upper part of the roof.

OK......

Left side of my forehead: 1 inch scar from being to close to a baseball bat. I was in 1st grade, and I believe that this was my first flying lesson. Many stitches.

Right side of my forehead: 1 inch scar from a toilet bowl. I was playing 'follow the leader' and my younger brother jumped out of the bathtub with his feet held together. I caught my feet at the edge of the tub and collapsed against the toilet bowl. Many more stitches.

Back of the skull: Standing too close to a 9-iron being swung in the backyeard. No stitches this time.

Middle of the forehead, just inside the hairline: 1/2 inch gash from the first day of school at a new school. I jumped down a short flight (3 steps) and failed to realize that there was a concrete reinforcement that hung down at the stairs. I walked into the classroom with blood pouring down my face. It was awesome.

Teeth: I broke my front right tooth in half and knocked the front left tooth entirely out of my head (root and all). Skateboard accident. I picked it up, put it in my pocket and skated to my dad's clinic, and asked if they could put it back. They found me a dentist pretty quick. I was entertained to hear the story in school the followiung week, in which I had apparently fallen from a height of 15 feet, and the tooth was embedded in the parking lot like Excalibur...

Raewyn
2009-08-18, 01:42 PM
I have a scar on the inside of my right calf from running off a wooden diving board (after being told not to), falling and cutting my leg on something metal nearby I think. This happened the day before school started and two days before my birthday. Fun.

I also wound up... um... causing a scar. >.> My sister had just thrown a TV remote at me (really hard), so I threw it back at her, but missed terribly. So in one of those flash-of-red-crosses-your-vision moments, I picked up the nearest object and chucked it at her.

Said object happened to be a half full 1/2 gallon plastic bottle of Snapple. It also happened to hit her right in the head, which caused a tiny cut that bled a whole lot. Not that I knew that at the time - I could've sworn I killed her.

Yeah... I was a messed up teenager sometimes... at least in part due to untreated depression.
Still feel like carp about the second thing... hopefully, I'll get better eventually.

Eon
2009-08-18, 01:54 PM
heh well...
1) a scar under my chin from when i fell down the stairs holding my sipppy cup when i was 4 or so.
2) one on my ear from when my cousin threw one of those giant frisbees (that we later found out was broken) clipped my ear with a piece of metal.

Cristo Meyers
2009-08-18, 02:32 PM
Let's see: we'll start with my hands.

Left pointer finger: small scar from PO'd feline
Left thumb: 1/2 scar from craft knife, superficial scar from what I think was a papercut, tiny burn scar
Left wrist: small scar from moving accident

Right hand: inch long scar from PO'd feline
Right thumb: burn scar, inch long scar from putting my hand through a window
Right pointer: scar from attempting to wash knives. Cut was deep enough that I still feel tightness from the healed skin

Right arm: Large scar from putting arm through window (forms a set with the scar on my thumb)

Forehead: 1 small scar almost right in the middle of my forehead from childhood chicken pox. Another small scar just above my left eye from taking a wooden sword to the head.

HellfireLover
2009-08-18, 03:23 PM
I don't have too many scars. I bruise something ferocious and at the slightest pressure, but any actual wounds seem to heal over without trace (also the reason that I have to keep having my ear piercings redone.)

The ones I do have are sort of pathetic:

A small corrugated scar on my left eyebrow from a cat-scratch.

An even smaller red scar on my right eyelid where, after a particularly ferocious argument with the then-boyfriend, I yanked the car door open forcefully in order to throw a piece of invective at him, and I hit myself in the eye with the corner. Luckily I hit bone, but a few millimeters down and I might be minus sight in my right eye. See what getting in a paddy will do to you. :smalltongue:

A small hole in my right shin, just under the knee - I stepped on the wide end of a wedge of wood, which flew up and stuck pointy-end first into my leg. It took a few family members to hold me down in order to get it out.

My biggest scar is about half an inch long on my left pinky finger. I got it at a school 'leisure activity' class; bowling at a very old two-lane alley above a skating rink. The pins had to be set up by hand and the balls didn't have any finger holes, and someone had to stand at the bottom of the alleys and manually return the used balls up the middle channel. I stuck my hand in between two balls in order to pick one up, taking my time, not noticing that there was a return ball coming up the channel, bowled at full force. It hit the balls already there, and my fingers got smashed. It didn't actually hurt much. I just stoically finished picking up the ball and was holding it up when someone kindly pointed out that the blood was dripping off my elbow and pooling on the alley floor. The flesh was literally bulging out of the wound. So now I have a nice v-shaped, raised scar and reduced mobility in that finger. I got a ton of respect for not freaking out, though.

rubakhin
2009-08-18, 03:33 PM
I've got a long-ish one on my left arm (bastard cut me), a few on my stomach (bastard cut me, and I really hate these because I think they look like weird thick stretch marks, which I've got enough of already), a dead toenail (bastard curb-stomped me), one across my two hands which has basically faded by now (long story), a burn on my hand from taking chicken fingers out of the oven (way to go, smart one), cigarette burns on my chest which my old boyfriend put there, a passage from a Rimbaud poem a friend carved into my back with a scalpel when I was a teen (too poor for tattoos), one on my leg which I don't remember how I got, a tiny one on my right arm (bastard little brother Aleksander bit me when we were playing in a construction site and I threw his beach ball off an unfinished porch which was a pain in the ass to get down from), stretch marks on both my kneecaps from getting my knees messed up and having them swell to the size of grapefruits (this had nothing to do with gambling debts or anything, just personal childhood stupidity :smallsmile:), stretch marks on my hips from basically starving myself which are covered in a light red blotch now because I tried to burn them off with trichloroacetic acid, and a thin white line where I tried to kill myself by cutting open my throat. I was hoping it would at least turn into an awesome scar. Only I didn't cut very well so it's pretty much indistinguishable from regular neck lines. But of course, my lame chicken finger burn is very prominent. :smallannoyed:

Dracomorph
2009-08-19, 12:25 AM
I have a pair of scars on my left elbow from Cross Country practice, back in high school.

We were running on the sidewalk that day, and it was so boring that a friend and I decided to race. He took an early lead, but I was catching up to him. Until I stepped on the back of his shoe, lost my balance, and slid to a halt on the asphalt. Fun.

Good friend, though. He let me wipe the blood off with his shirt. Though that could have been because we were all very strange people back in high school. If we had liked the color black, we could have been goths, but we played far too much chess for that.

KuReshtin
2009-08-19, 04:05 AM
I've only got a few, the most visible of which is the remnants of an abcess on my left shin. Looks pretty gross, as if it never really healed and is still kind of infected with sometehing.

I've got a couple small faded scars on my left elbow from playing (american) football, where I was blocking for our running back, and he ran into my elbow with his face cage and tore a few chunks of flesh out of my elbow.

Another one on my left hand, at the knuckle of my index finger which I got while whittling some piece of wood when I was a kid and slipped with the knife.

Then I've got an appendicitis scar that's faded a bit now, but it used to look pretty bad.

I've also got a crooked finger (right ring finger) where I got the top bit of the finger caught during football practice, and probably broke the finger. I'm not sure about that, though, since I just taped it up and thought I'd go to the hospital to have it checked up on my way home from practice. Then I postponed it to planning on having it looked at the following day after work, and again just taped it up. And after I failed to get to the hospital that day, I decided it was no use going anyways, so I just kept taping it up until it stopped hurting, and because of that, it's crooked and I have to crack the joint of that finger every once in a while to get it to not kind of seize up.

Anuan
2009-08-19, 04:57 AM
Just remembered, I've got a scar on the back of my neck from my brother clawing me. Have never seen it, but I'm told it's kinda long.

Erothayce
2009-08-19, 05:08 AM
So i got bored and decided to count the scars on my hands and fore arms and came up with 48 ranging from ballpoint sized scars to a 2 1/2 inch long white one. I can only remember how i got a few of these though.In fact i don't think there's a body part that i have that isn't scarred. In the broken bones department: Right footx2, left footx1, Both heels shattered when i was four and five respectively, right palmx3, left palmx2, left elbowx1, skullx1. I lead a really active life.

The Vorpal Tribble
2009-08-19, 05:30 AM
Ahh, scars, life's visible memories.

Most obvious one (when I don't have a tan) is a scar going from nose an under right eye is a faint scar (doc did a good job) where I was playing goalie during high school soccer and wearing protective glasses. I dived for a ball, and me and the guy going at it collided so hard he kneed the PADDED glasses right through my cheek muscle. Bloodiest injury ever, but it never really hurt that bad.

Nastiest looking one is a jagged scar going up my back where I ripped it up getting snagged on a nail from a collapsed chicken house roof. Tornado had hit it and I knew the guy so volunteered with some others to help collect the chickens that still lived in it. Imagine being knee deep in mud, manure and blood as its raining, grabbing and checking for life in chickens who are also covered in mud, blood and manure. We were supposed to be putting the hopeless cases out of their misery by snapping necks, but this is kind of asking much of a 12 year old who has chickens as pets.

Oldest is one going across my knee where I slit it open at the pool of all places when I was 6. One of the ladders you climb up out of the deep end has been torn a bit so one of the steps had an edge you could catch if you did it just right. Well, I did. Didn't even really feel it cuz skin was so watersoft but I get out and got blood just pouring down.

Most recent is one going across knuckle and down back of hand. Had moved out of state to start my music magazine and was staying at the house of one of the writers. Her friends had come to fix up on her house, and needed into the crawlspace beneath but couldn't get the door open. These two really big guys together couldn't budge it. So macho me goes up and says, 'Hey, lemme try.' I grab a hold, yank for all I'm worth and rip it right off it hinges... and in retaliation the hinge rips right into me. Of course I don't let on, just go into the house and head for the first aid kit. Friend I'm staying with glances in as I'm wrapping the gauze, rolls eyes, and walks back out.

Murska
2009-08-19, 09:00 AM
My most noticeable-looking scar is in my left foot. I was young, and running barefoot onto our neighbour's lawn. They were fixing their roof or something and there was a large rusty piece of metal on the ground, onto which I happily jumped without looking and got a very nasty-looking cut into my foot. Hopped back home on one foot, cleaned the wound and added a bandage, still got a crescent-shaped scar there. It's quite pale nowadays though.

UnChosenOne
2009-08-19, 09:38 AM
Well. I do've guite lot of scars (both normals and burn scars): but only few do stories and even those stories are guite dull ones. But yeah lets tell them both:
A) Bite scar in face. Yeahh. Now you mostlikely think that it look's manly, actualy it does not, because it's caused by human. And here is (dull) story about it. So I was like 2 or 3 years old and i was in small kindergarten and was bitten by owners grandchild.
B) Scar in my left hand's litel finger. Now this scar would most likely look cool, if it would be bigger (it's just 1 or 2 centimeteres long). Well, I did get this when I was 6 or 7 years old and I was carving wood with the knife. Then my attention slips from the what I was doing and about 5 seconds later I had managed to cut myself.

Blackjackg
2009-08-19, 10:00 AM
I have a big one on my arm that I got as a little kid playing with a razor blade (I think I was trying to shave my teddy bear), and a little one on the palm of my hand just under the thumb, from when I was swimming and scraped it on the bottom of a river that was shallower than I expected.

That's in addition to the dozen little ones and one big impressive one on my hands that I haven't got the slightest clue where they came from. Oh, and a huge one on my inner thigh. Mysterious.

Groundhog
2009-08-19, 10:03 AM
I have two scars, one on my left arm and one on my right ring finger. The one on my arm came from when I burned myself on a bread pan. The one on my finger came from a wood-carving accident. So I now have a slightly different fingerprint on that finger.