PDA

View Full Version : Weird Stuff

Linkavitch
2009-08-15, 05:37 PM
So, a few weeks ago, my computer decided that it didn't want me to log in to the forums. What would happen was, I would be on the main forum page, and I would type in me name and password, and hit login. It would go to the normal login "thank you for logging in, click here if your browser doesn't automatically redirect you" page, then it would go back to the main page, but I wouldn't be logged in. It persisted for a while and then I stopped trying. Also, it didn't like me logging into my Yahoo e-mail account, but it would still let me. Something about the security certificate not being valid. (I have Avast and Internet explorer) All of a sudden, it stopped that, so I checked here, and I was already logged in. Anyone have an explanation, and how I could fix it if it happens again?

RTGoodman
2009-08-15, 10:50 PM
Check and see if you have all cookies disabled or something like that. I don't use IE, but it's probably under "Internet Options" or a similar place.

If that doesn't seem to be it, download Mozilla's Firefox browser or Google's Chrome browser, and see if that fixes it.

Shhalahr Windrider
2009-08-16, 06:26 PM
lso, it didn't like me logging into my Yahoo e-mail account, but it would still let me. Something about the security certificate not being valid. (I have Avast and Internet explorer)
Security certificates are handled by the browser. They're used for sending encrypted data. A site that uses them should have them registered with an organization that issues the certificates. If the certificate isn't on file or has expired, you will get a warning about its validity. It's possible there was a hiccup with Yahoo's certificate.