PDA

View Full Version : Heroscape RPG?

Crel
2009-08-15, 10:51 PM
Hey, I've been dabbling a bit with the game Heroscape, a strategy board game that ends up being similar to Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, because of height and whatnot. I'm planning on posting it, but I just wanted to make sure that no one else has tried this, and if so, see what they've done. I've play-tested it a bit, and in early levels it seems to work fairly nicely. It sort of would end up as a simpler version of DnD, because there are far less options, books, etc.

Also, is there a way to attach a PDF to a post? Because I'm also planning on making a PDF of my engine, and was wondering if I could just post it like that, because it would be far simpler, and cooler looking.

DracoDei
2009-08-15, 11:51 PM
Sounds like RIFTS or TORG would work better than d20 thematically, but by all means go for it.

The usual procedure for PDFs around here is to post them somewhere else, then link to them in your first post.

Crel
2009-08-16, 01:46 PM
Alright. So what your recommending is that DnD wouldn't work as well on a Heroscape board as RIFTS or TORG would? What are they, I have no idea. The adaptation I'm working on isn't actually for the d20 system, but is additions and changes to the standard Heroscape gaming system so that it works like DnD.

Once I finish the PDF I'll post it somewhere, and then post it here for all y'all to see.

DracoDei
2009-08-16, 02:32 PM
No. What I was saying was that if you wanted to translate the SETTING for heroscape into a RPG you would probably be better off using TORG or Rifts. The heroscape boards would probably work perfectly well for D&D (I think there are rules in the SRD for using a hex map, and the basic rules include allowances for elevation advantages).