PDA

View Full Version : weird request. 4th edition.

Mystic Muse
2009-08-16, 01:00 AM
In my D&D game I want to use a line from a song but I'm having trouble coming up with a context for it. I haven't seen any disarm rules so the line doesn't really work so far. the line is "pick up your silly twig boy." from Prince of Egypt. please don't laugh. or if you do, do it IRL and not on the board.

EDIT: this is one of the villains.

Gralamin
2009-08-16, 01:08 AM
Assuming DM: Give a monster an ability that looks something like this.

"Disarming Strike (Standard Action - Encounter 56)
+X vs Ref, on a hit deal <Damage> and target is disarmed."

And keep a note like
"Disarmed - a Creature that has been disarmed drops a weapon or implement they are holding in their square. The creature that uses an effect that causes Disarmed chooses which weapon or implement is dropped if there are multiple."

Assuming Player: Ask your DM if you could disarm your opponent. They are supposed to figure out something, But I'd expect it to be something like this:

Disarm
At-will; Weapon
Standard Action; Melee Weapon
Target: One creature
Attack: Strength or Dexterity vs Reflex
Hit: The Target is Disarmed.
(I'd probably put a bit of damage on it, but thats just me)

Once again, keep the note:
"Disarmed - a Creature that has been disarmed drops a weapon or implement they are holding in their square. The creature that uses an effect that causes Disarmed chooses which weapon or implement is dropped if there are multiple."

Mystic Muse
2009-08-16, 01:14 AM
thank you.:smallbiggrin:

Excession
2009-08-16, 03:49 PM
There are a couple of 4e monsters with a disarm ability. The Kuo-toa Harpooner from MM1 for example has:

Sticky Shield (immediate reaction, when missed by a melee attack, at-will)

The kuo-toa harpooner makes an attack against attacking creature; +18 vs Reflex; a weapon wielded by the target drops in the target’s space.

Adapt as necessary. Having it as an immediate reaction makes the enemy more interesting IMO.

Decoy Lockbox
2009-08-16, 04:12 PM
It seems like the 3.5 disarm rules could easily be used for 4th -- make opposed attack rolls, winner disarms loser.

Escef
2009-08-16, 08:20 PM
You could have a "theatrical maneuver". It works especially well in this case if the enemy has a push effect. Just say that the push effect brings the PC down to one knee and his sword slips from his grasp, you may rise and grab your weapon as a free action. At which point your BBEG can utter his line.

Ent
2009-08-16, 08:26 PM
The Kuo-toa example is a good reference. I think that basing it as a reaction on a miss works.

There are a couple of 4e monsters with a disarm ability. The Kuo-toa Harpooner from MM1 for example has:

Sticky Shield (immediate reaction, when missed by a melee attack, at-will)

The kuo-toa harpooner makes an attack against attacking creature; +18 vs Reflex; a weapon wielded by the target drops in the target’s space.

Adapt as necessary. Having it as an immediate reaction makes the enemy more interesting IMO.