PDA

View Full Version : [4E] well i found it funny.

Kaun
2009-08-16, 05:02 AM
So i am running my ongoing 4th ed camp last night and my 5 players (lvl 7 - 8 Wiz, Bard, 2 blade ranger, Shamy and infernal warlock) have just battled there way through a temple carved out of the side of an active volcano chock full of man eating orc fanatic nut jobs. Then onto a fast paced battle with a young red dragon on a cliff outcrop jutting over the magma core of the volcano with more of those orc crazy's springing out of the wood work just to make things difficult.

Anyway they have the dragon down to only a few hp and its decided that its "carving through the party with savage claws" tactic, tho affective may need a slight re-assessing due to its hp now being under 20 after a few especially harsh attacks recently landed on it. So it takes to the air hoping for a breath weapon recharge and makes use of its reach of 2 to keep the massive damaging ranger out of the game... but no sooner has it got air born the bard lands a vicious mockery crit and knocks it into the negative hps.
So it comes tumbling back to earth and the bard, warlock and ranger are all sitting in the prime position for a good ol' squishing. The bard and ranger both deftly roll out of the way but the Warlock is not so fortunate, and the damage received is enough to put him also onto negative hps.

So as he realizes this and starts to look a bit glum one of the other player points out to him that if the dragon died wouldn't his boon have gone off? Turns out that with boon bonus hp he was left with exactly 1hp, just enough to scrape himself of the floor (due to the party's healing being completely exhausted at this point) and beat a hasty retreat out of there.

Anyway it made me laugh so i figured it was worth sharing, some times there is no better comedy then what the randomness of the dice provides.

oxinabox
2009-08-16, 05:08 AM
thats AWESOME

shadzar
2009-08-16, 05:22 AM
Did this really happen? Sounds like one of the older OOTS strips.

Fri
2009-08-16, 05:55 AM
The bard mocked a giant dragon to death. Beautiful. I want to hear what epic Yo Momma insult the bard thrown into the dragon.

(oh, and the warlock too :smallbiggrin:)

oxinabox
2009-08-16, 06:24 AM

That was clearly 4e, oots is in 3.5

Kaun
2009-08-16, 07:10 AM
Really happened... was not what i intended either just the way things turned out.

Jack_of_Spades
2009-08-16, 05:03 PM
Yo momma is so old she breathes kindling!
Y'know cause fire needs stuff to burn. hahaha!

Yo momma is so old her gold coins expired.

Yo momma is so fat, she would fall in the astral plane!

Yo momma is so old that passing adventurers yell, look out for the dracolich!

Yo momma is so dumb that she thought the Rod of Seven Parts was a VCR!

TheEmerged
2009-08-16, 05:08 PM

Well, there really is a ranged bard power in 4e called Vicious Mockery, and our bard has a lot of fun with it :smallbiggrin:

shadzar
2009-08-16, 05:57 PM
As they say, sometimes fact is stranger/funnier than fiction.

Burley
2009-08-17, 06:18 AM
Yo momma is so old she breathes kindling!
Y'know cause fire needs stuff to burn. hahaha!

Yo momma is so old her gold coins expired.

Yo momma is so fat, she would fall in the astral plane!

Yo momma is so old that passing adventurers yell, look out for the dracolich!

Yo momma is so dumb that she thought the Rod of Seven Parts was a VCR!

Yo' Momma so ugly, she takes penalties to her Spell-like Abilities.

Yo' Momma so old, she doesn't fight adventurers anymore. She just yells out the window for them to get off her lawn, and then mumbles about the "hibbity-hop music."

Yo' Momma so old, her missing scale the size and shape of an arrow (or banana-nut muffin) was replaced with a pacemaker.

toasty
2009-08-17, 06:26 AM
Indeed that is a truly epic story. As the klingons would say, one worthy of song (and bloodwine. ;))

Flabbicus
2009-08-17, 08:48 AM
That's pretty good!

In my game the half elf Viciously Mocked an invisible Gnome to death. But surviving a dragon falling on you because of boon damage, that's pretty funny.

Another_Poet
2009-08-17, 09:13 AM
Double plus awesome.

Fax Celestis
2009-08-17, 09:34 AM
Yo mama so old, she uses a 2e stat block.

Sipex
2009-08-17, 10:31 AM
Haha, that'll be a story you guys are talking about at the table for a while.